4/5 Instance: The Princess Boss

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

4/5 Instance: The Princess Boss

Post by Slarti »

Timelined the day after The Boy's No Good

<Hope> The next morning after her drunken night, Hope was ready for another day of searching. Uniform already on, she laced up her boots and began checking her pack over. She made a mental note of supplies that she would need to grab from the kitchen for the day then went into her bathroom to tie her hair back. Her reflection startled her, causing her to pause and stare. She was a hot mess, that was for sure. Grabbing a wash cloth, she wet it with cool water and then scrubbed her face.

<Bobby> He really needed to lowjack her, Bobby decided, trailing her back to her room and knocking on the door.

<Hope> After turning the water off, Hope moved to open the door, smirking just a bit. "Ready to go, Sunshine?"

<Bobby> "Looks like you are, Princess." He took in the uniform with a smirk, but lost it quickly. "How's your head?"

<Hope> "With all the healing powers in this school? I'd be a disgrace if I didn't use them." Hope moved back to her pack to double check it.

<Bobby> "Yeah, well, could have done that last night too." He leaned against the doorframe, watching her.

<Hope> Not pointing out the obvious that she hadn't wanted it, Hope just shrugged. "Stop by the kitchen and we're good to go."

<Bobby> "So, where are we looking today?" He checked his phone.

<Hope> "There's an industrial park over here I haven't checked yet," she pointed to the map. "It's pretty big... may have some luck."

<Bobby> "Okay, that's fine." Bobby sighed, sliding his phone back into his pocket. "Hope... I told you I'll go with you for this stuff... and we did that horrible patrol with David..." Finding Sebastian Shaw's headless body was not on his bucket list, no matter how much he disliked the guy.

<Hope> "Yeah? And?" She looked over a him, trying to read his mind without using telepathy. "You planning on backing out now?"

<Bobby> "No, but I want you to do me a favor."

<Hope> Oh hell. Who had spilled about her going out without him? Hope turned to face him properly, keeping her face as emotionless as possible. "And that is?"

<Bobby> "Don't go out with Eddie. He's... dangerous. Not thinking clearly, and he could get you hurt, or worse."

<Hope> Hope rolled her eyes and went back to preparing. "Eddie isn't dangerous."

<Bobby> "Yeah, he is."

<Hope> Stopping to give Bobby a doubtful look, Hope tied her hair back. "Reeeeeally now. And what do you have to support this?"

<Bobby> "He's acting like me. A year ago. I was stupid and dangerous and I did terrible things and thought they were right and he's on the exact same course." He sighed, shifting his weight uncomfortably. "I don't want you to get caught up with him in it."

<Hope> "Eddie is my best friend... and he needs me now more than ever. I didn't ask for your opinion. He's not going to let anything happen to me, and I'm perfectly safe with his powers. And a year ago? You wouldn't have given a shit if I was doing something dangerous or not."

<Bobby> "You didn't know me a year ago. You don't really know me now, Hope, but believe it or not, I don't want to see you hurt and it's not just out of concern for my own ass." He looked away. "Rogue was – is - my best friend too, but it didn't change what happened. Doesn't mean she was right."

<Hope> "So what do you want me to do? Stand here while he goes out there alone?"

<Bobby> "No. I'm hoping we can stop him from going off half-cocked altogether... maybe get him some help."

<Hope> "Yeah... let me know how that one works out for you." Hope just shook her head a little. It wouldn't go well at all.

<Bobby> "But yeah, my responsibility is to your safety, so I'm asking you - don't do anything crazy. You can be his friend but not his partner in crime... believe me, it's not something that's easy to come back from, Hope."

<Hope> "Well, last time I checked, you worked for me. So your responsibility is to follow me and make sure nobody tries to kill me."

<Bobby> "Nope. I work for your dad, Princess," he smirked.

<Hope> "Yeah. And unless he says I can't do something, I can." She smirked back. "So are you ready to go or not? We're wasting time."

<Bobby> "Sure." He just kept the smirk on and held open the door. "After you, Princess."

<Hope> Hope rolled her eyes again and grabbed her bag, headed down to the kitchen. Phil and Stan were so much easier to deal with.