4/6 Instance: Ain't nobody got time fo' dat!

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

4/6 Instance: Ain't nobody got time fo' dat!

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

[timeline: immediately after Game: Blood On the Dance Floor ]

Pym: From the rooftops, Pym stood on Cecilia's shoulder and looked down into the warehouse parking lot. "I think that's it, right?"

Cecilia: "Oh yeah, sure, it looks pretty much like every other non-de-script white truck out there so that's definitely the one we're looking for," Cecilia said flatly, clearing her throat again. "Goddammit...this is killing me. I need a damn drink when I get back or I'm gonna keel over."

Mayday: Mayday stretched, perched on the side of the rooftop crouched down as she spied the area with her binoculars, "Doesn't look like anyone's around. Which....kinda sucks.", she smirked to herself behind her mask, "Not that I was expecting a big neon sign with 'Cannibal Buffet! Only $5 a HEAD!' on it..."

Pym: "Well... this is what was reported to us from Mel, we can at least check it out?"

Mayday: Standing, Mayday nodded, "That's the plan, Bugsy.", she cast a web into the distance, "You two ok making your way down?"

Cecilia: Cecilia sighed, "I guess we'll know for sure when we find blood in it or a shit-load of bodies...yeah, I'm good, May. Let's get this over with..." she said, making a forcefield ramp to walk to the ground.

Pym: "I'll cling. Again." He grabbed a hold of her collar and gave a thumbs up to May.

Mayday: Leaping down, Mayday swung her way across the parking lot, jumping at the end of her swing arc and landing atop the van, glancing around. She stepped into a handstand, artfully flipping over the side and landing on the tarmac below, "Ok, ground floor.", she assured her miniature side-kick.

Cecilia: Cecilia made her way down to the street level and put her hand on the lever that opened the back of the truck. "Okay...if I open this on three be prepared for a fight, May, take point."

Pym: "Wait!" He grew to his regular size and raised his hand in protest. "Why don't I just shrink it?"

Cecilia: "And crush everything inside?" Cecilia asked.

Mayday: Flexing her arms, Mayday crouched, raising her hands before glancing to Hank, "....because you might kill anyone inside? Also, it's ridiculous?"

Pym: "I would shrink everything with it... eliminating threats!" He reasoned. Bummed no one wanted to take his idea, he shrugged.

Mayday: "Yeah. That.", she patted Cecilia's shoulder, still crouched and ready to strike, "Open it."

Cecilia: Cecilia flipped the door open. "Three." She clamped a hand over her mouth as the doors swung open. "Fuck me...I don't think anyone here's alive," she coughed, trying not to breathe in the smell of burnt flesh anymore than she had to.

Mayday: Mayday's Spider-Sense triggered. But it wasn't the truck that caught her attention, it was the knife that was thrown from behind another car. She caught it with relative ease, before it hit her, "I know a few who might be...", she turned around to properly face the four robed cultists, "...heh...well, lookit(!)"

Pym: "What the-Whoa!" He jumped as May reacted to the knife. "What's going on?! Is someone attacking us?"

Cecilia: Cecilia threw up a shield around her body instinctively as she turned just in time to see a knife flying right at Mayday. "Holy shit, nice catch!"

Cecilia: "You bet your ass someone's attacking us. CHARGE!" Cecilia said to Pym, rushing at the robed cultists with her shield armor up.

Mayday: Flashing the knife at Hank, Mayday nodded to Cecilia, "I know, I'm kind of a big deal...", she flicked it around in her hands, casting it aside nonchalantly as she shot a few webs into the eyes of their attackers.

Pym: "I-i... Oh, okay!" He ran out to one of the robed cultists, attacking with his fists. He missed both punches and the cultist easily tripped him. "Aw, hey!"

Cecilia: Cecilia slammed a fist into a robe, sending some teeth flying across the pavement. "You try to kill my friend, you teeth come outta your ass!" She said, kicking another in the throat.

Pym: Hank got up, brushing off his pants. "Screw this, I'm better small..." He shrunk down and ran up to the toes of the man who had tripped him. He leapt up and slammed his feet onto the man's shoes, smashing his toes with his appropriated strength. The cultist yowled in pain.

Mayday: Stepping forward, Mayday intercepted a few knife-strikes and punches from a pair with relative ease. Spider-Sense made combat easy when she only had a small number of opponents. In a few minutes, she'd knocked out her assailants with minimal effort, "Spider-Girl: two, Cultists: zero.", she grinned.

Pym: "Huzzah!" he shouted into his megaphone helmet. "We did it! Go team!"

Pym: Another cultist came up behind him and tried to stamp on him. "Whoa, whoa, whoa!" he ran away from the large boot.

Cecilia: Cecilia looked down at one of the cultists. "Maybe I shouldn't have knocked him out...we could've questioned him." She spun around and slammed a shield into the cultist trying to stamp Pym, sending him flying. "Fuck, do they multiply or something?!"

Cecilia: She sighed, offering a hand for Pym to climb onto. "Well, yeah, this is a pretty good team. May and I are on it. That's a team-up to envy any day."

Pym: "I think he was hiding behind the dumpster..." he suggested as he climbed on. "Clearly..."

Mayday: Mayday looked over the defeated cultists, webbing them all down with blasts from her wrists before looking over at the truck, "Right, let's check that out. I'ma go ahead and radio the cops on my short-wave."

Cecilia: Cecilia nodded, putting Pym on her shoulder and walked into the van. Dead bodies...charred bodies too. "Dammit...well, I guess we can say there's a good chance John's alive as well...considering the state of these."

Pym: He looked to Cecilia. "Hey, are we sure we more dupes or Jamie himself isn't in there?"

Cecilia: Cecilia studied the faces for Jamie's. "...These are badly damaged...I can't tell if it's Jamie's dupes but there's a good chance he's alive as well. As long as he keeps providing them with fresh meat there's no reason to kill him...it's John I worry for more. He can be replaced with a good oven."

Pym: "But Johnny can't be killed with fire, sooo..." He didn't like the idea of more dead bodies cropping up and no evidence of their friends. "You don't think... they'd make Johnny..."

Mayday: "Right.", Mayday appeared beside them again, "I called the cops, they're on the way down...", she looked between the two, "...discussing something?"

Cecilia: "Anything's possible," Cecilia said quietly. "There's no end to the depravity the human race is capable of..." she turned to Mayday. "Just...depressing shit. How likely John and Jamie are to be alive."

Mayday: Nodding, Mayday winced at the interior of the truck, "Well, I don't see anyone with Johnny's shit-eating grin in there, so...", she shuddered, "....I just wanna go home at this point..."

Cecilia: "Sue's gonna flip shit," Cecilia said grimly. "Not that she isn't already, but I don't know what to tell her, it's not like I can pull her brother outta my ass."

Mayday: "Don't talk to me about Susan Storm.", Mayday shook her head, "And just so we're clear, I still think you could have handled this better. You know, by basically doing the opposite of what you did."

Mayday: She sighed, "For starters..."

Cecilia: "...All I did was say exactly what happened," Cecilia said flatly. "Is that a crime? Or can no-one handle the truth around here? Y'know what? Don't answer that 'cause clearly Rasputin can't."

Pym: "I have to agree with May on this one, Cee. You were brutal. It's her choice to go on the mission and she should've definitely stayed around us for safety purposes, but a team doesn't function well by eating the other one's head off."

Mayday: "Her name's 'Maximmov', she married.", Mayday responded, "Jesus, THANK you, Pym: Cee, you need to work on your tact, alright? 'Cause one of these days someone's gonna slap you one for stepping in it.",

Pym: "We can't afford to have people angry at us during a mission, running off, and getting eaten. That's the last thing we want. Cool-heads prevail. If Sue is under stress, it should've been our job to calm her down not make her angrier."

Mayday: Mayday nodded, "She shouldn't have been there, in my opinion. Not acting like that. If a fight happened like it just did? We'd have been screwed."

Cecilia: "I'm not here to soothe Sue Storm's ruffled feathers," Cecilia said, firmly. "I'm here to do what I was told to do. Sue is acting entirely on emotion 'cause she has an emotional investment in this. That makes her sloppy and more prone to overlooking things that might be helpful. Looking at that crime scene we learned the killer was likely the Hellfire murderer."

Mayday: "Says the person who bitches about Eddie Brock every chance she gets...", Mayday grinned, shaking her head, "Hypocricy level? Infinite.", she turned and walked away, "Good grief, said Charlie Brown(!)"

Cecilia: "As for Illyana," Cecilia said. "I said what happened. She needs to get a fucking grip. Either come to terms with it or get off the field."

Mayday: "Says the person who bitches about Eddie Brock every chance she geeeets!", Mayday called back.

Cecilia: "Excuse me?" Cecilia said to Mayday, grabbing her shoulder and turning her around. "How have I been a hypocrite here?"

Mayday: Knocking away her hand, Mayday leaned in closer, "I know you better than most, Cecilia Reyes, and to be frank? Anyone with a brain would have known better than to kick the hornet's nest! But you do! You do it constantly! GOD forbid you're not 'right'!", she backed off, folding her arms.

Pym: Whoaaaa, whoa whoa whoa!" Hank tried to step in between them both. "Come on, let's not do this right now..."

Mayday: "You enjoy that! You enjoy being the whiney victim, I swear to God, you enjoy it!", Mayday went on, "You deliberately come out with snide, unfair comments whenever you please! You have ZERO tact!"

Mayday: Stepping aside, she shook her head, "You know what, Hank, you're right. Screw this, it's pointless - not like I'ma be listened to anyway..."

Pym: "Hey, we just had a great fight and uncovered some uh... clues, I guess. Why're we now dissolving into silly arguments."

Cecilia: "Y'know I just love how quick you are to defend everyone else besides me," Cecilia snapped. "I said what was true, I don't make apologies for that. If Ed came back and actually showed some kind of remorse I'd give him the same courtesy I gave Rachel and Bob and Fabian and everyone else who fucked up! But so far there's no evidence of regret."

Mayday: Mayday stepped back up to Cecilia, "You think I'm on SUE'S side!? This isn't ABOUT sides, ya conceited BITCH!", she tightened her fist, "This conversation is OVER!"

Cecilia: Cecilia turned to Pym. "Honestly? I don't know who the fuck you are to think you can weigh in on any argument I have with anybody here. You're still a FNG, buddy. So butt out!"

Mayday: Stepping away, Mayday looked up as police sirens erupted from the distance. She didn't think she'd ever been so happy to hear the fuzz roll in, stopping their vehicles a ways off and approaching on foot.

Pym: Pym's lips quivered a little bit, not even sure what the hell a FNG was. "I-... Okay, well that's fine. I guess. But whether I'm a Fine Nerd Guy or not, it doesn't hurt to take advice from someone. Maybe if you played more with others growing up you might get that." He sighed and shrunk down, hopping on May's shoulder.

Cecilia: "I never said you were on Sue's side! I never asked you to pick one!" Cecilia barked back. "I just wonder where your fucking sense went! Y'know what? I have no idea what you're so upset about but I've fucking had it. Come talk to me when you've gotten a fucking grip." She turned and stalked off.

Mayday: "How about 'cause my best friend's a fucking dumbass!?", Mayday shouted back, realizing too late she was in the presence of a police officer who was asking for a statement. She blushed behind her mask, feeling smaller than the man on her shoulder, "....s-sorry, Officer.", she stammered. It was going to be a long night.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS