4/8 Instance: Leashes and Muzzles

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

4/8 Instance: Leashes and Muzzles

Post by Ferguson »

Current Timeline

<Fabian> While Fabian liked to consider himself a good judge of people and situations there was one thing he would never quite grasp; the inner workings of women and their arguments between one another. It couldn't all be petty bickering, no, he was a professional at that from at home and at the Club so it had to be some kind of underlying issues.

<Fabian> This was a dragon no sane man should consider poking but even Fabian had to admit he didn't always have the best of ideas so when Cee seemed especially moody about Mayday his game plan was this, ask about it from the one he wasn't going to be sharing a bed with. It just seemed to be the safest thing to do.

<Fabian> So with that hope that this would be the wiser course, Fabian knocked at Mayday's door.

<@Mayday> Cinnamon had also stopped, perhaps sensing such. Mayday sat up, looking over at Fabian, then slowly between him and the tarantula, ".....for God's sake..." she sighed, lifting Cinnamon into her hands and placing him back in his tank, "He's away now. You're safe."

<Fabian> "Don't be like that now, I like to think I've made some progress...if my sister were here to chase me around with giant waterbugs I don't think I'd actually start crying anymore."

<@Mayday> Mayday sighed once again, "Sorry...I'm just really, really frustrated." she turned her chair and slumped back down in it, resting one foot on her bed and turning it back and forth beneath her, "Your girlfriend, my girlfriend. Man, I think it's women in general at the minute..."

<Fabian> "Yeaaah, I'd sort of like to know what happened with the first one and as for the last one sometimes I forget that yours is real though I guess since she's invisible so often she may be around and we just don't know...we should put a bell on her."

<@Mayday> "Hm." Mayday deadpanned, leaning back in her chair, "Honestly, I'd settle for a leash after the other day...." she rolled her eyes, "I know she's hurting but....man, is that any excuse?" she shook her head, "Anyway, you're here to talk about Cecilia..."

<Fabian> "Well, that and check on you." Fabian shrugged, claiming the other desk chair. "Have you considered a muzzle?"

<@Mayday> Turning to look at Fabian again, Mayday shook her head, "Have you considered 'Friendship for Dummies' for yours?" she smirked back.

<Fabian> "I'm sort of considering it for both of you to be honest but I'm waiting to see how you explain what even happened."

<@Mayday> "Cecilia was Cecilia. The end." Mayday groaned, "She did what she usually does - tries to pull a 'you' by saying it how it is. Only she doesn't seem to get why people don't like bluntness mixed with self-centered 'oh, it's been so hard on me' undertones."

<@Mayday> She raised a finger, "Number one: 'hurr, Eddie was just a monster, I told everyone', blah-fucking-blah. To ILLYANA, his CLOSEST friend! Of course she was gonna get upset, frickin' idiot..." another finger was raised, "Two: rising to Sue? Seriously? Who LOVES to be risen to so she can play victim as much as Cee? Susan."

<@Mayday> A third finger was raised, "And then there's the fact I would bet all my worldy possessions that she pushed Eddie to lose his shit. Man, even I just left him the hell alone when he asked - talk about a death-warrant(!)" digressing, she sighed once more, "....oh, God, and I'm blogging conversation like she does. Greeeeat(!)"

<Fabian> Fabian fought the desire to rub his temple. It was pretty much as he suspected. "Okay, you should know by now that if she's trying to simplify things as such and such is a monster it's mostly exaggerated stress talking right? I do think it's a bit much you're putting the blame for her getting attacked on her, though."

<Fabian> "...May, the guy was off his shit and he attacked Cessily and Rachel as well. I don't think he needed much pushing to add another person to the list. I had all ready talked to Mel about thinking he's about to go on Murderspree 3000."

<@Mayday> "I'm not agreeing with his reaction - I think that anyone stood in the path of that should have jumped to one side." Mayday did rub her temple, "Then again, that particular train was awfully big..." she snapped her fingers, "But you know Cee digs holes. Tell me you think she didn't..." she offered a weak smile at that, "Also, there's stress, and there's losing her shit at me mid-patrol."

<Fabian> "So we're not allowed to stand up to people?" Fabian asked, quirking an eyebrow up at that. "I'd hope if I tried to do something like that someone would at least attempt to talk sense to me. "I know very well what Cee is like but what made her lose her shit?"

<@Mayday> Mayday sighed, "Ugh....look, I'm not even gonna argue with you on this - yes, we should stand up for ourselves, no, we shouldn't be surprised when loose cannons go off." she scratched her head, "I mean, that symbiote is like a whole different side of him. I don't even think Eddie Brock is even in the equation right now." she shook her head, "Ok, no more on this."

<@Mayday> She adjusted her sitting, crossing her legs on her chair, "Cecilia? Well, basically she was blunt and it hurt Illyana. I wouldn't mind if it wasn't mid-mission - literally any other time would have been ok. She goes on about 'emotional investment' being a bad thing in a mission for Sue, then goes on whining about her emotional issues with the mission!"

<Fabian> "...and Illyana can't put on the big girl pants because?"

<@Mayday> "I don't know, same reason as Cecilia can't put on her sensible ones?" Mayday shook her head, "Do you just not understand that sometimes it helps when people are just a teeeeny bit sensitive, Fabian? Does it seriously not compute to you?"

<Fabian> "And you're being defensive just talking to me about it so I don't think this is just about Cecilia, May, and I think that's the problem right now."

<@Mayday> "More like I see the issue both of you have: you need to think about how you come across more often." Mayday explained, "The only other issue I have is that someone I love is dead, and the girl I said I love has been less than loving for a month."

<Fabian> "May, I'm just trying to talk to you here. We're not the only ones that need to think about that because, quite frankly, you're not doing that great either. Yes, Cassie is dead. As far as Sue that's your issue and you've been on the fence so long about it just break up with her all ready because that's just stress you're putting yourself through at this point."

<Fabian> Fabian stood up. He had enough of this and he wasn't about to go through losing yet another friend because they were being the way everyone accused him of being all the time. "So I think you two need to talk because this time it isn't all on Cee. I'll see you later, May."

<@Mayday> Turning around and standing to approach Cinnamon's tank again, Mayday threw up a hand to wave him idly out, "Bye, Fabian." she sighed. He was right. At least, partly so. She'd have to speak to Sue eventually. Lifting Cinnamon into her hand she stroked his back with a finger. No time like the present....

<Fabian> Fabian hoped to God she knew how hard this was with Cinnamon out. As tarantulas go he was sure he was nice enough and he had dealt with him before so he could do it again but...okay he was probably going to have a flail about this the minute he was out of the room.

<Fabian> He stepped on closer and put a hand on her shoulder, tugging her over for a hug. "Life sucks but it's no reason to let it start to ruin things further. We're still friends and, although both of you need to probably say you're being a bit overly assy, you and Cee are still friends as well, right? If not let me know and I'll...leave you with Cinnamon." Right there! He was eyeing him with his multiple beady eyes!

<@Mayday> Mayday did her best to hold Cinnamon to one side, placing him on the edge of her dresser, where he climbed off and stood, seemingly bemused. Turning around, Mayday returned the hug, taking a deep breath, "Yeah, we're...we're still friends, I just....can't deal with all this bullshit at once." she confessed, moving back to look him in the eye, "So just...you know, bear with me, ok?" she frowned a little, smiling all the same.

<Fabian> "I think that goes for everyone." Fabian assured her. "I think we have to bear with everyone right now...as long as they don't go on Murderfest 3000." He sighed, shaking his head. "As far as Cee, I doubt she's going to talk about it too much to other people until later but I think her befriending Quentin's really gotten to her so if she's calling Eddie a monster a big part of that is she's blaming herself for enabling the situation."

<@Mayday> "Yeah...." Mayday sighed, "I...kinda blame myself for Eddie in a way, too. He....h-he didn't know, but I really, really respected him..." she shook her head, "I think I just need some down-time." she shrugged, "Who knows, maybe after I figure out all this stuff with Sue, I'll feel better, huh?"

<Fabian> "And neither of you should be blaming yourselves, people are their own responsibility. God only knows how many times Cee and I can have that argument." Fabian laughed although he was sure he would probably have that argument at least a few more times in his life with her. "You should do something awesome for summer, maybe you and your dad can do something but you'll feel better...maybe not right away but you'll feel better."

<@Mayday> Mayday nodded, smiling a little wider, "Thanks." she leaned up, kissing his cheek, "You're really nice. Sometimes." she nudged him with a laugh.

<Fabian> "I just keep it a secret because most everyone doesn't deserve it and it's more fun to be an ass to them." What could he say? It was the truth.