4/9 Instance: Panbromanceual Relationship

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

4/9 Instance: Panbromanceual Relationship

Post by Ferguson »

Current Timeline

<@Mayday> Mayday sighed, swallowing a mouthful of chocolate ice-cream and snuggling into her sheets some more. The noise from Starship Troopers drowned out her thoughts, stopping her thinking of how infuriated she'd been with Susan only hours ago. At the moment, there was only Johnny Rico, propaganda, and dead bugs. And that made her happy enough.

<Jean-Paul> A knock came and Jean-Paul juggled the container of ice cream into his other hand, spoon in his mouth as his knocking hand was also home to back up movies for when Starship Troopers was over. "May?"

<@Mayday> "It's open!" she called over, glancing to Cinnamon's tank. The tiny tarantula tapped the glass softly with his mandibles, "Oh, don't be a baby, they're not even real spiders..." she smiled weakly, "...go bed, baby." she turned back to the door, "Missus Fantastic." she bowed her head a little.

<Jean-Paul> Jean-Paul gave a bow as he came in. "Miss Mayday, I bring you offerings of more ice cream and nerdy movies, I hope they please you."

<@Mayday> Nodding, Mayday shuffled across to make room for him on her bed, "It does. And trust me, after my week it wouldn't have even taken the ice-cream." she frowned a little, looking back to the T.V to watch another 'propaganda ad', "....man, I wish I could just be come a Citizen and say 'screw this' to everything..."

<Jean-Paul> Jean-Paul moved to sit down beside her, opening the container and arming himself with his spoon. "To everything?" He draped an arm around her and settled in for the duration.

<@Mayday> Cuddling against him, Mayday raised her spoon to chink against his own, "To screwin' it..." she grinned, "N-not that I'm, like, some kind of whore, obviously." she sighed, "Well, single again. That's a thing..."

<Jean-Paul> "I don't think you're ever going to be accused of being a whore now, May." He grinned back and clinked her spoon. "How are you feeling about that?"

<@Mayday> "Can I be honest?" she looked up at him, "I'm....kind of ok with it. I mean, I love Susie, I do, but...." she exhaled, looking back at the screen, "This is for the best. I can't play babysitter - she's not the assertive, outgoing girl she was when we got together. And in the midst of all this panic, I just....can't be going on missions lifting her out of scraps like a kitten..."

<Jean-Paul> "It's a stressful situation and it's smart of you to realize what you can and can't handle." Jean-Paul admitted. "And if you feel like you're okay with it then I think you know you made the right decision for yourself and her...but yeah, ice cream and movies are a necessity."

<@Mayday> "I'm still pissed." Mayday laughed a little, taking another spoonful of ice cream into her mouth, "...'mnot even sorry." she managed past the mouthful.

<Jean-Paul> "You've got residual emotions, that's normal." He gave a shrug and ate along. "It's not time for any kind of sorry. You may get there, you may not."

<@Mayday> Nodding as she watched Johnny Rico 'citizen' his way through a horde of alien bugs, Mayday frowned, "Maaaaan, I'm single and I gave up my dyke haircut!" she ran a hand through her red locks, "I'ma have to cut this again. Hopefully not while off my shit, eh?" she chuckled to herself.

<Jean-Paul> "Aw, your hair looks good still, I'm sure you're going to be able to rebound fine with it like it is." Jean-Paul reached over to ruffle said hair. "But yes, not while off your shit. I love you and all that but I have to admit it was pretty weird for a while there."

<@Mayday> "It probably won't happen again." Mayday looked at her wrist, "My powers were acting up, and they still are - I got my web shooting back, but the other day I picked up a cup and I couldn't let go of it...." she groaned, "Ugh, life has just been one big load o' crap lately...." she snuggled back down.

<Jean-Paul> "I imagine your powers might just be due to stress, but yeah, it can get like that now and then, it's going to be okay though, eventually."

<@Mayday> Mayday hummed a reply, quietly watching a few minutes of uninterrupted slaughter and B-Movie heroics on-screen, she sniffed, "....I-I miss Cassie." she muttered, burring her face in Jean-Paul's chest, "I miss Cassie a lot..."

<Jean-Paul> Jean-Paul just squeezed her shoulder. "I know."

<@Mayday> "D-d'you know if she and Eddie were close?" she looked up at him, wiping her eyes, "I-I thought they might be....the way he was so hurt. T-to be honest I was....kinda jealous." she smiled, letting out a soft sob, "I'm a horrible person, huh?" she laughed a little, letting more tears slide free.

<Jean-Paul> "I don't really think she had time to get really close to people but that doesn't mean he didn't reach that conclusion. I don't really know. And you're not a horrible person and I'm not sharing my ice cream if we're going to go on like that."

<@Mayday> Laughing a little more, Mayday sniffled, wiping her eyes on her blanket, "Y-yeah...ok, I'll....I'll stop." she smiled up at him, "She'd have said something just like that, you know..."

<Jean-Paul> "People get jealous sometimes, too, and it's okay, just as long as we know how to act with it. You can't help how you feel, even with that kind of thing." He passed her the tissues in case that would be a better option than her blanket.

<Jean-Paul> "I didn't get a chance to really know her though I did go to nose around at her when you were going through your crush."

<@Mayday> Mayday took a handful of tissues, wiping her eyes and bursting into a fit of giggling at his last sentence, "You sleuth'd her?" she beamed, shaking her head, "Gosh, you're gonna put my Dad out of a job - what did you think? Was she 'Mrs. Parker' material?" she snorted.

<Jean-Paul> "Hey now, I just wanted to know what she was like! She was nice, fun...I don't think you two would have been a good couple, honestly but she was great."

<@Mayday> "Yeah, she was....kinda more 'progressive' - shall we say - than a good 'couple' requires." Mayday sighed, shrugging as she set the tissues aside, "Man, but the sex would have been awesome, I just know it..." she grinned, "...and she said she liked me. Ehehehe...I was special." turning to him, she made an 'L' shape with her finger and thumb, placing it on her forehead with a sly smirk, "Bitches love losers."

<Jean-Paul> Jean-Paul just sighed as Mayday kept talking herself down. "You're special but not like that now and you know you don't just want the sex even if it would be good."

<@Mayday> Nodding, Mayday settled back down on his chest, "Yeeeah....I think I need a lesbian life-partner. I don't do one-shots." she tapped her nose, "Unless it's comic books."

<Jean-Paul> "Well, you don't need to jump right into life now." He chuckled as he tapped her nose as well. "Just be happy. It may take a while right now but you can do that."

<@Mayday> "Yeah." Mayday grinned, "I can do that." she reached for her ice cream, spooning another bit into her mouth, "Mmm, crap: tht means I'm the single one of the group agaaaaaain." she grumbled, still smiling, "Then again, no need to pay for two cinema tickets..."

<Jean-Paul> "We can go to the movies when Reed's out working, get our bromance on and all that...bromance? Is that accurate even if you're not a bro?"

<@Mayday> "Uh, yuuh!" she insisted, "Lesbian bromance is still bromance, right? I-I mean if you like boys and I like girls, there's enough 'straight' between us to make us bros. Kinda..."

<Jean-Paul> "Why is it Lesbian Bromance, though? I'd make a terrible lesbian." This was a question for the ages, he tilted his head back, pondering this issue.

<@Mayday> Mayday raised up her spoon, "Oooh! Oooh! It's like pan-sexual bromance, so....'Panbromanceual'." she said slowly, "....it is so a real word. As of....now!"

<Jean-Paul> "That is beautiful." He clicked her spoon again. "We've changed the world today."

<@Mayday> "Every day's a school day." Mayday laughed, snuggling up again, "Man, JP, I just wanna marry your brain sometimes..." she took another spoonful of ice cream.

<Jean-Paul> "Don't worry, we'll find someone just as delightful as my brain. Things will look up."

<@Mayday> Letting out a little sigh, Mayday nodded again, "Yeah....I'm sure they will."