4/10 Instance: On Eggshells

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

4/10 Instance: On Eggshells

Post by Ferguson »

Current Timeline

<Cecilia> Cecilia rubbed her temple and groaned. She was so fucking hungover - what the hell had she been thinking drinking straight tequila on an empty stomach? The 'one tequila, two tequila, three tequila, floor' rhyme did not exist for no reason.  

<Cecilia> She poked her scrambled eggs with the spatula and tried to keep her focus on that and not the imminent explosion of her brains all over the kitchen floor.

<Mayday> "Ceciiiillliiiaaaahhhh!", Mayday chimed, sliding into the kitchen in a pair of Power Ranger pyjama pants about four sizes too small and her Dead Space hoodie sporting just one or two tiny chocolate ice cream stains from the night before, "You....look awfu-a-awfully err...tired!", she smiled awkwardly at her friend.

<Cecilia> Cecilia grimaced at the noise. "Oh, so you're talking me now are you?" She grumbled, shifting the skillet. "That'd be 'cause I had too much to drink in the rec room last night and woke up with my face in the TV guide this morning."

<Cecilia> "Also suffer from chronic bitch-face so that doesn't help matters," she said, sighing and turning off the stove.

<Mayday> "Huh.", Mayday nodded, "Figured you were about ready to apologize for being way the hell out of order, I know I was...", she sighed, "But if you wanna duke it out, cool - just....you know, wait 'til I've had a coffee and changed into my Spidey-duds(?)"

<Cecilia> Cecilia paused and was silent for a long moment. "Look...I know what I said... I don't regret what I said, but on the other hand I can admit it wasn't the place... I should've bit my tongue a lot harder than I did."

<Cecilia> She got out two plates and divided up the eggs and toast, handing one to Mayday and going over to the breakfast table where there was jam, butter and other things already laid out.

<Mayday> Sitting at the table, Mayday kept her eyes on Cecilia, "If I were you, I'd regret it: you were wrong in your delivery. That's a fact.", she scratched her head - breakfast was not where she wanted to do this, "Yeah, you were saying what a lot of people think, but I recall another time you did that: it was when you accused Eddie of being a monster."

<Mayday> She sighed, "You know what the Symbiote is, who knows this isn't just it playing games with him? He could be delusional, you don't know. If I said 'well, Fabian was an Acolyte so he must be a terrorist' all the time, would you be pissed? Damn right you would."

<Cecilia> "...Did I not just say I regretted saying it when I did?" Cecilia said, digging into her eggs. "'Cause I did. I regret saying it. I should've kept my mouth shut and expressed my opinions around those who actually have enough backbone to handle it." She poured herself some coffee. "So that won't happen again - it effects the mission too negatively."

<Cecilia> She frowned. "Exactly - we don't know and until we do know what's causing the problem I like to give Ed a little more credit than most. He controlled that thing for a long time on his own. He was strong enough to do that at one point, saying that he's a victim of that double consciousness is infantilizing him."  

<Cecilia> "I never said he was a monster, not since I spoke to you about him in November and one other time-" which was recently, Cecilia thought, but not in front of the others "- and I said that in anger. I stated the facts, plain and simple. What I find the most insulting out of all of this though? Is people are awfully quick to blame me for being attacked when they know none of the context."

<Mayday> Mayday sighed, rubbing her eyes with her palms, "Cecilia, your mouth is known for writing cheques you can't cash....", she smiled wryly, "I'm not blaming you, I just....I said something I shouldn't have. It was unfair of me, and I'm sorry.", she raised a finger, "That said, you shouldn't have said what you said. It wasn't fair, and it isn't fair to say people 'lack backbone'..."

<Mayday> She frowned a little, "...does that mean that if someone said Cassie's gung-ho nature was why she died? And that she deserved it?", she shook her head, "No, it doesn't. It wouldn't be fair to say that, especially not to us, who loved her. So it's not ok for you to say mean things about Eddie to those who care about him."

<Cecilia> "Oh, it's not?" Cecilia said, raising an eyebrow. "'If a person can't take hearing the truth then how do they expect to deal with anything they're gonna see in the field? People can't stick their fingers in their ears and expect that to change anything. There's a time when you have to grow up and accept reality like a grown-up."

<Cecilia> She took a bite of toast and chewed it thoughtfully. "Fabian was a terrorist. I have no trouble hearing this - it's a fact. It's when people like Jamie insist he's still one that I get angry. Here, I'll go even further. He helped brainwash Clarice, Reed and Hope into becoming Horsemen. The plans he made killed hundreds, maybe thousands of people. Shall I go on?"

<Cecilia> "I befriended a cannibal and invited him into the school and 'cause I laid out the welcome mat he had the opportunity to sleep with another student, get a look at the grounds and had contact with other students to sell drugs to. I can accept this," she grabbed her coffee with a shaky hand. "It's all true."

<Mayday> "And you'd be cool with it being wiped in your face day in, day out? You're ok being eaten away by it?", Mayday asked, standing and approaching Cecilia, "...you're dealing with this in the only way you know how:  you're lashing out and hurting others.", her brow furrowed as she gently placed her hand on her friend's shoulder, "Cee...you need to stop."

<Cecilia> "You think I'm not already?!" Cecilia laughed hysterically. "You think I don't wake up with it every damn day? That I don't constantly think of it and everything else that's happened?! So, really, Mayday. What's one more reminder? Seriously, I already live with so much guilt, what's one more regret to me?"

<Cecilia> She sniffed and scrubbed her eyes. "I won't say anything else to Sue or Illyana and I'm sorry for freaking out at you - I am."

<Mayday> Mayday shrugged, "I wouldn't worry about Sue anymore, Cee. I'm.....not gonna be seeing her again.", she smirked, devoid of humour, "Also, you need to calm down..."

<Cecilia> "...This is me calm," Cecilia said, confused. She took another sip of coffee with only a slight tremor in her hand this time. "...What do you mean you won't be seeing her again?"

<Mayday> "We broke up.", Mayday sighed again, "Also, you think laughing hysterically is 'calm'?", she shook her head, "....it's too early to do this with you, just....ugh, this was my issue with Sue in the first place.", she walked back to the table, sitting down and starting on her food, "Thanks for breakfast..."

<Cecilia> "...I'm sorry. About Sue, I mean," she said quietly ", and you're welcome." She thought a moment. "Maybe this doesn't make much sense...but sometimes if you don't start laughing you start screaming and I can't...break down right now. Not even a little, 'cause if I do, I'm afraid I'll just crumble and no-one can afford that now." She picked up the newspaper that was lying on the table. "I have to be strong."

<Mayday> Shrugging, Mayday stuck to eating, muttering "Sure.", back to Cecilia. She didn't want to do this at all, and she hoped her rather quick eating was putting that across.

<Cecilia> Cecilia flipped open the paper and skimmed the news. "I don't suppose you need an ear? About the break-up, that is." She wasn't stupid, she was aware when someone didn't want talk about something any further.

<Mayday> "Not really...", Mayday shrugged, nonchalant if she ever was, "Ain't changin' the facts..."

<Cecilia> Cecilia frowned at the mention of Cassandra's body's disappearance and folded the paper. She wasn't thrilled with this passive aggressive act. "What do you want me to say, Mayday? Would you rather I lied and said I was sorry for something that I wasn't sorry for?"

<Mayday> "N-no, I mean...", Mayday looked up at her, "Seriously, I think Sue and I are apart for the best - we weren't really seeing eye-to-eye.", she went back to her food, "As for you? I want you to see where you're wrong rather than going 'la-la-la I'm right, la-la-la I'm not sorry'."

<Cecilia> Cecilia studied the other woman. "I did say I was wrong in certain areas. I said I could've picked my timing better, that I shouldn't have freaked out at you. What else should I be sorry for?" She frowned. "I think my apologizing was me saying 'I wasn't entirely right' and 'I'm sorry.'"

<Cecilia> She crossed her arms. "Mayday, I can apologize for the things I do wrong and I can try to be a better person...but I can't change who I am. I'm not gonna become the team den mother whose bosom is there for people to cry into - I only have affection for very few people. I can make an effort in some areas but I can't completely change who I am. I'm not a perfect person and I never will be."

<Mayday> Mayday glanced up at her, "Which is exactly what Hisako Ichiki said to you, to which you, what, just left her there afterwards?", she shook her head, "Cee, I don't care. I don't like that about you, and I don't like this situation. I'm tired, I'm stressed, and I'm not just gonna be ok about everything at the minute, alright?"

<Mayday> She sighed again, leaning on her arm, "Thanks for your apology, it's accepted, now can I just eat and go shower?"

<Cecilia> "My and Hisako's problems are between me and Hisako and I don't appreciate you throwing that in my face," Cecilia said, eyes narrowed. " And for your information: The straw that broke my back was she flat out told me we were never friends - not that I wasn't fond of her personality!"

<Cecilia> "You can do whatever you like," Cecilia said, taking her coffee. "You don't need my permission or approval." She turned. "Before you go though - I just wanna let you know - I'm aware this isn't the first time you've butted heads with a friend 'cause they didn't live up to your ideals. Everyone is hypocritical, cruel and selfish sometimes - even you. If you are this judgemental all the time, you're gonna find yourself very alone."

<Cecilia> "I'm not saying this to be cruel," she clarified. "I'm saying this 'cause that is the last thing I'd ever wish on you. From one friend to another."

<Mayday> "And you're being a total bitch.", Mayday scowled up at her, "I won't take this crap from Sue, don't think I'll take it from you!", she pointed her fork at Cecilia, "I forgive you for being an arrogant, somewhat selfish, overly-deliberate person, but I won't forgive you for telling me about how I'm a bitch!", she stood up, dropping the fork.

<Mayday> "I [i[honestly[/i] think you were mean to Illyana and I wanted you to understand why!", she ran a hand through her hair, "But it's clear you'd rather be right, so go ahead: BE right.", turning, she made for the door, "Clearly it's me who's gotta figure herself out(!)"

<Cecilia> "If you're allowed to point out my flaws I should be allowed to point out yours, amigo. It's a two way street," Cecilia said, sourly. "The casual observer might not look to me as the 'bitch' now. Not when you're the one screaming and calling me names."

<Cecilia> She turned in her chair as Mayday walked off. "If Illyana had a problem with me then it's on her to say it - not you. As for me? I am aware I could picked my timing better - I know her and Ed are friends - I understand why and I said I wasn't entirely right!"

<Cecilia> "Clearly, you do." Cecilia said, going back to her drink. "And whenever that is, come find me, but until then..."

<Mayday> Mayday leaned back into the door, gripping the frame just enough to leave a few cracks along the woodwork, "You know what, Cee? I figured we were 'friends', but you clearly know better than me about nigh EVERYTHING!", she snapped, "You have pushed every button I have in the space of ten minutes and I won't do you the favour of slapping you in the face..."

<Mayday> She pushed off the door frame, "So yeah, until you get your act together? I don't wanna see you, I don't wanna hear you, I don't want you to speak my name. I don't need you, or Susan, or anyone else who wants conflict!", and with that final sentence, fuelled with frustration and anger, she stormed out.

<Cecilia> Cecilia waited a few moments for any impending surprise attack before relaxing. She eyed Mayday's mostly uneaten food and pulled the plate over, scraping off the eggs onto her plate. "Waste of a good breakfast," she muttered, staring out the window as she ate in silence - alone.