4/10 Instance: Meanwhile, in Ireland...

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

4/10 Instance: Meanwhile, in Ireland...

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

timeline: just after Cassie dies

Laura: Laura stared at the entrance to the large, grey building that towered overhead of the pair and took a deep breath as she considered the doors, rooted to her spot on the sidewalk. Letting it out, she looked over to the Japanese girl, "I suppose this is it."

Hisako: Humming a reply, Hisako blinked up at it herself, "...it's big.", she muttered, looking to Laura, "Are you nervous?"

Laura: "Yes," she answered with a nod, looking between the building and the other girl once more, "I am unsure as to what I am supposed to say once we go in there..."

Hisako: "Start with your name, your reason for coming.", Hisako suggested, "And then, whatever else comes.", she patted Laura's shoulder, "Come on, lets go, ok? It will be fine."

Laura: Nodding once more, Laura tried another deep breath before starting up the walkway to the steps, taking her time as she ran over various ways to phrase things in her mind. She supposed she was likely over-thinking things as she reached for the handle of the door, pulling it open and holding it for Hisako.

Hisako: Stepping through behind her, Hisako looked around the reception, scoping it out in her own little way. Everything smelled strongly of air freshener and the kind of sterile scent one found in a chemist. She scratched her nose as she followed Laura, patting down her skirt a little bit.

Laura: Laura paused inside the door to peer around the waiting area, casting the receptionist a wary look. The place appeared incredibly similar to Essex's labs, though it was possibly slightly more welcoming. Maybe. She passed on trying another deep breath, due to the chemical stench, and made her way up to the desk, clearing her throat before opening her mouth to speak. However, she froze.

Hisako: "Kamiiii", Hisako sighed, smiling a little before hopping over to her side and waving at the receptionist, "Ohaaai!", she announced, "This is Laura Kinney, and my name is Ichiki Hisako - we are looking for a woman here who is related to my friend."

Laura: She gave a weak smile as Hisako introduced her, swallowing her nerves and forcing herself to speak up, "Her name is Sarah Kinney, and she is my mother."

Hisako: The older man behind the desk acknowledged them with a nod and went about searching on his computer for the name, tapping the screen with a pen, "Yes: Sarah Kinney is....third floor, room three-one-two.", he smiled generously at Laura, "Would you like me to write that down for you?"

Laura: "No thank you," Laura answered, shaking her head as she moved toward the elevator, repeating the number in her mind a few times as she tapped the button. She hadn't expected it to be that easy. Glancing to Hisako, she gave another slight smile, mumbling, "Thank you."

Hisako: After giving the male receptionist a little bow, Hisako followed Laura, waving her hand to dismiss the praise, "It was fiiiiine, really.", she smirked, wiping the tip of her nose with a finger cockily, "To think you would bring Rogue almost?",

Laura: "I'm sure Rogue would've done the same. Well, I'm not positive she would pay for a hotel and such, but I imagine she could handle speaking."

Hisako: "She is old enough to be your mother.", Hisako pouted, folding her arms and cutting her eye to one side, "She would just come here with no money or time....at least my plan makes sense..."

Laura: "You're over-exaggerating her age," Laura replied, actually giving a slight roll of her eyes before turning her gaze back to the floor number. This elevator ride was going by much too quickly for her liking, and she heaved a sigh when the two turned into a three, the doors opening.

Hisako: Hisako made a face at that, rolling her eyes also, "Well, she has this white hair like she is eighty-seven or something...", she muttered, "And she is always talking like a hick...", nudging Laura with her elbow, she smiled, putting a hand on her hip and clearing her breath, "She is like 'Oh-hai, y'all! Ah-hm Rogue and ah-hm ahm-er-hickin'!"

Hisako: She giggled at her impression, hoping it would make Laura feel better - the tense atmosphere was almost palpable.

Laura: Laura paused and turned to face the Japanese girl, unable to keep the slight grin from her face, at the impression. "...That wasn't too bad."

Hisako: "Because she sounds like that all the tiiiiiime!", Hisako laughed back, stepping out of the elevator and looking up and down the hall beyond, pointing at a blue sign on the wall, "Ah, this way.", she nodded, leading on.

Laura: "I cannot imagine what else she would sound like," Laura commented as she resigned herself to following Hisako through the corridors, as she wasn't sure she could lead the way at this point. While she'd been looking forward to this, the uncertainty of it all was beginning to make her doubt herself.

Hisako: "It is a phrase, Laur-....", Hisako stopped as they reached the room they'd been sent to, turning to Laura and approaching her to place a hand on her shoulder, "Laura-chan..."

Laura: Laura looked from Hisako to the placard displaying the room number on the wall, shaking her head, "Is it normal to be so unsure about this?"

Hisako: Hisako nodded, smiling softly, "It is. It is completely normal.", her other hand raised, sliding onto Laura's other shoulder, "But it will be fine, ok? No matter what, I promise you it will be."

Laura: "Of course," Laura replied with a nod, closing her eyes as she took a few deep breaths, slowly releasing them. Once she'd ordered her thoughts, as Hisako had taught her, she calmly approached the door and raised her hand to softly knock before trying the handle, hesitantly pushing it open to reveal the small, sparsely furnished room that appeared to be relatively well-kept.

Laura: As her gaze drifted around the room, it finally settled on the form curled in the center of the single bed, causing her to anxiously swallow. After discovering that Essex had been her father, she had supposed she could see some resemblance between them, however she had clearly been incorrect, as there were a number of similarities with her mother. They had the same facial structure, hair, eyes…

Laura: Except she was incoherently mumbling to herself, apparently oblivious to any company, as Laura peered back at Hisako.

Hisako: Staring motionlessly at the woman, Hisako's eyes widened. Was she sick? Was she...dreaming, or....? Realizing Laura was looking to her, Hisako faced her also, biting her lip and frowning a little bit before clearing her throat, "M-Miss....Kinney?", she managed, facing the woman on the bed once more.

Laura: Twisting back around, Laura was filled with anxiety as she tried to anticipate what sort of response they would be given as she studied the woman, shifting her weight from one foot to the other. As Hisako's voice finally seemed to filter through, she gulped as the woman began to raise her head, her gaze seemingly unfocused as she turned to look at them, stuttering, "My... My b-baby... He t-took my baby..."

Laura: Laura froze, unsure what to make of that, though she had a good idea what her mother was talking about, and swallowed again. Shoulders slumping, she gave a small shake of her head.

Hisako: "Nathaniel Essex....", Hisako affirmed with a quick nod, "H-he did, but....", she took a sharp breath, approaching the bed slowly, "B-but she came back, Miss Kinney.", forcing a small, gentle smile, she turned to Laura, beckoning her with a quick wrist movement, "Her name is....Laura, yes? Your daughter is Laura Kinney. T-this is...Laura."

Laura: With a deep breath, Laura took a tentative step toward the bed as well, though she stopped when the woman began to shake her head, insisting, "H-he took my baby…"

Laura: "Hisako," Laura started quietly, pausing for a moment to gather herself, "I do not… I don't think we're going to get through."

Hisako: Feeling her heart crack as if it were made of porcelain at the words, Hisako's lip trembled: had she come all this way, promised Laura all this, for nothing? She squeezed her eyes shut, "He took her, but she came back... d-don't you understand?",

Laura: As the muttering continued to repeat, Laura remained stoic, as it was easiest while she tried to sort out how she felt about the entire situation, and reached for Hisako's wrist, gently tugging her in the direction of the door.

Hisako: Pulling her hand free, Hisako shook her head at the other girl, "Laura, w-we....we came all this way...", her eyes filled with tears - how could she have been so wrong? How could she have known?

Laura: "I-I know..." she was slightly surprised to hear her voice break and cleared her throat in an attempt to prevent it from happening again, "I just... Let's get out of here... I think I need to get out of here..."

Hisako: Giving in, Hisako led Laura to the door, closing it behind them and leaning against the wall across from it in silence. She slid down, ending up slumped in the corridor, shaking her head in disbelief, "....I...I-I was....so sure it would be ok..."

Laura: "It is okay," Laura tried to reassure her as she slumped down right next to her, blinking, "However... I-I think I may... cry..." she sniffled, looking over to Hisako with teary eyes, "I-I suppose that means things aren't okay... Right? I... I don't really... cry..."

Hisako: "They aren't.", Hisako all but squeaked, wrapping her arms around Laura and hugging her tightly, "I am so, so sorry, Laura-chan...I-I thought....I thought it would be fine, I really, really thought it would!"

Laura: Leaning into the hug, Laura closed her eyes and attempted to compose herself, gasping out as she shook her head, "It is... It is n-not your f-fault it... it was n-not."

Hisako: Hisako held her close, "And it wasn't yours, it wasn't anyone's....", she choked, letting a few of her own tears fall free from her eyes. There was someone to blame though, there was. But she couldn't say it, not now.