4/11 Instance: Redhead Lesbian Master Race

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

4/11 Instance: Redhead Lesbian Master Race

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

timeline: current

Mayday: "Goddamnit, there it goes again!", Mayday groaned, looking down at her left wrist, "I swear, it happens more and more nowadays: I thought it was my diet but...", she looked up and over to where her can of iced coffee was, sucking in a frustrated breath as she marched over to pick it up, leaning on the table as she turned and opened it.

Rachel: Sprawled on the floor, bass in her lap, Rachel was slouched against her amp that wasn't actually on, idly picking at the strings because she wasn't sure she could actually focus on anything, as she watched Mayday cross the room for her coffee. "I could've gotten it for you," she pointed out, adding, "How long have you been having issues?"

Mayday: Sitting up on the table, Mayday shrugged, "I dunno.....few weeks. People keep telling me it's stress, but....", she shrugged, "I dunno....I've been thinking more and more maybe this isn't the place I should be. And after Cassie....", she gulped, filling the gap in her speech with a sip of her drink, "...I'm really, really finding this hard now. Powers or no powers..."

Rachel: Rachel cringed as she plucked a string a bit too hard at the mention of Cassie, pressing her palm against the instrument to put an end to the sound. She pulled her hand away from the neck of the guitar to run her fingers through her hair, "I think things are difficult for everyone... Everyone's stressing. Hell, even I am. Pretty badly," she shrugged, "No one else is having power issues over stress, but I guess it could be a possibility."

Rachel: After a few moments, she blew out a breath, "If you feel like you need a break, you may as well take one. I skipped out on part of a semester one year."

Mayday: Mayday smiled a little bit, "Maybe....I think maybe spending some time with my Dad...", she fumbled a little with her drink can, "Look, I don't mean to patronize you but....d-d'you wanna talk about anything?"

Rachel: "That's sorta what I did. Went home to Dad, moped for a bit on the couch, got a normal job... Came back after the summer." There was a bit more to her break than that, as she hadn't thought she'd be coming back, but she decided that was beside the point. After considering the offer to talk for a few moments, she asked, "Are we allowed to mostly avoid the subject of cannibals?"

Mayday: "Anything for my bassist.", Mayday giggled, sliding off the table and sitting beside her, "What's up?",

Rachel: "In the time I've managed to escape patrolling and Paige is free, we've been going out to avoid... Well, cannibals. She's, like, totally flipping out about the whole thing," Rachel started, "Anyway, I took her to Coney Island... It somehow came up that she wants to meet my dad, and she wants me to meet her family."

Mayday: Turning to her, Mayday raised an eyebrow, "...I won't lie to you: I thought that after you reach twenty-one years old you don't have to take your 'best gal' back to meet the parents less than a month and a half in.", she shrugged, "Then again, I broke up with my girlfriend and my best friend in the same twenty-one hours..."

Mayday: Sipping some more iced coffee, she shrugged again, "Bleh, never mind that: anyway, what did you say?"

Rachel: Rachel snorted, letting the subject of Sue and her drop. She imagined that's why she was doing the talking. "I said I'm not exactly the type of person you take home to meet the family..." she answered, pulling a slight face, "I mean, I never met Josh's parents... and I only met his brother because we happened to be getting ice cream at the same place."

Mayday: "Well....ok, I agree now isn't the best time for meeting them, but...", Mayday patted her shoulder, "Rach, you're exactly the kind of girl someone brings home. You can go all 'I'm Jack, and I'm Subject Zero, badass Biotic', but beneath all the leather and loud music, you're a person with a heart.",

Mayday: Gesturing to the door with her can, she went on, "Paige knows that. She's proud of you 'cause you make her happy, and she just wants to share it.", sipping some more iced coffee, she mulled it over, "....granted, she can be a little 'quick off the mark'..."

Rachel: "Thanks," she laughed, "I don't think we're going until the summer or something because it'd be this whole trip to Middle of Nowhere, Texas, but I'm sure I can manage to turn off my badassery for a few days." Looking down to the guitar in her lap, she continued, "It's not like I should be overly worried about what they think of me anyway. I should be far more worried about how quickly they'll disown Paige."

Rachel: Shaking her head, Rachel looked back up to her with a slight smirk, "I'm the one that's quick, not her."

Mayday: Mayday snorted, "True, but when it comes to the whole 'relationship' thing? I think she'll be the one who breaks out the rings a mite too early.", she nudged Rachel, "Just....you're taking it slow. This is good, just let it be simple and don't over-think it. Ok?"

Rachel: "Telling me not to over-think is like telling... Actually, never mind. That's really mean," she replied. Considering her left hand, she commented, "Well, I have a spot for one now, but I swear it's me. I didn't exactly protest moving in with her, I had her meet my mother, I... ah, I got her name tattooed on my hip, and I've told her I love her..."

Mayday: "Wow...", Mayday gasped, smile creeping onto her face, "That is so cuuuuuuuuute!", she giggled, leaning on Rachel's arm, "You're really, really, really in love, aren't you?",

Rachel: "Oh, I have it so, so badly for her already..." Rachel nodded with a grin, put her bass aside, and shifted to pull her shirt up just enough for Mayday to see her hip, "Like, I find myself kind of sickening badly."

Mayday: Exhaling in awe, Mayday stroked it with a finger, "Oh, my gosh, it's just the sweetest thing ever!", she blushed, shaking her head, "Well, there's nothin' for it Rach: you gay.", she laughed, sighing as she went back to her drink, "...just a weeeeeny bit 'jel', I won't lie..."

Rachel: "I'm glad you think so because most people freak out if you get someone's name tattooed on you, like you're crazy or something," she said, smoothing her shirt back down, shooting Mayday a grin, "It's alright. You're not the only one," she teased a bit before adding slightly more seriously, "You wanna talk about it? Or, I'll take you to look at girls, if you want."

Mayday: "It's not like I want someone else so soon, don't worry.", Mayday explained, waving her hand to dismiss the idea, "Just....ugh, I can't be who she needs me to be, and she isn't who I wanted. And she doesn't want to be either.", looking sombre, she sipped more of her drink, "It's for the best.", she nodded slowly, "I...think it's for the best."

Rachel: "Well, you don't have to hook up with anyone. You could just look while we drink... or we could do something more productive, like patrol, try to figure out what's up with you powers, I dunno... I don't think I can just sit here though. I feel like I should be doing something," Rachel sighed, slipping an arm around May's shoulders for a hug, "If both of you weren't happy with the other, it probably was for the best."

Rachel: "...Though, it's hard to imagine anyone being all that unhappy with you."

Mayday: Laughing dryly, Mayday shook her head, "Yeah, right...you haven't dated me though....", she sighed, leaning into Rachel's arms, "But....thanks. I'm gonna work some more on the Stealth Suit, maybe.....ah....", frowning, she shrugged again, "...maybe I should just hit the town."

Rachel: "True, but you're still pretty awesome," she said as she gave her a small squeeze, reasoning, "It could be fun... I think we all need some fun."

Mayday: "Yeah, I hear it on good authority that fun is good.", Mayday sat back up, finishing her drink and wiping her mouth, "Ok, seriously: shall we up and go now? I'm feelin' drunk karaoke at the nearest gay bar."

Rachel: Rachel got to her feet and placed her bass on its stand before offering Mayday a hand, sliding her phone out of her pocket to text Paige what was going on, "We totally should... I'll even karaoke with you, assuming I'm drunk enough."

Mayday: Taking her hand and standing, Mayday smiled back, "Yeah. Thanks, Rach, I....really, really appreciate it.", she frowned, "I'm sorry if I'm killing the mood, I-I'm trying to stay positive..."

Rachel: "It's no problem," she waved the concern off, rolling her eyes, "I'm a total moodkill, like... all the time, but especially lately. We can try to stay positive together, or we'll end up moping... Either way, it's all good."

Mayday: Mayday laughed at that, "Yeah, 'Redhead Master-Race' versus the world? I think we've got it covered...", she nodded, "Let's have a party, huh?"