4/11 Instance: Murdering Murderers

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

4/11 Instance: Murdering Murderers

Post by Slarti »

Timelined after Balls in a Squeeze

<Bobby> It wasn't very different with Shaw dead. The Hellfire Club was always a hellhole to Bobby, and tonight was no different. The only thing different was why he was here... and he had a sinking, sinking feeling.

<Tony> Tony didn't think it was all that different with Sebastian dead either. Well, the general atmosphere wasn't. He was extremely bored without anyone to drink scotch or look at women with, which was a horribly depressing realization. He sipped at his drink and peered around the room, deciding he needed to remedy the situation by finding a woman. It was what Sebastian would want, after all.

<Bobby> And there was the reason for his sinking feeling, dodging his own security detail. Like father, like daughter. Bobby desperately wanted a drink as well, but something told him he better be sober for this.

<Bobby> He went up to Stark senior. "Mister Vice President," he started.

<Tony> "You don't meet my standards, Drake," Tony stated with another gulp of scotch, leaning to peer around the boy.

<Bobby> He blinked, then suppressed an eye roll. "Yeah, well... I want to talk about Hope."

<Tony> Tony's shoulders slumped, and he heaved a sigh as he leaned back against the bar, motioning for another drink. "Well, that kills the mood."

<Bobby> "Yeah..." He cleared his throat and licked his lips, then squared his shoulders and took a deep breath. "She's run away."

<Tony> He'd twisted around to accept his new drink from the bartender, however he placed the glass down on the bar to look back at Bobby. Critically eying him for a few moments, he debated how he was supposed to respond, eventually commenting, "Well, it's not the first time she's slipped her security..."

<Bobby> "No, but it's the first time she's run away with a guy saying he's going to kill the leader of the cannibals." Bobby didn't like the look on Tony's face, and his eyes tracked just slightly to the left of Stark's as he spoke. He swallowed. "Eddie Brock. He's... one of the X-Men, but that girl whose body disappeared from the morgue? He was friends with her. Close, apparently."

<Tony> "Okay, so... My daughter went off with a potential murderer to kill murderers that murdered some girl?" he slowly asked, adding, "Just so I have this straight."

<Bobby> Bobby licked his lips nervously. "Yeah... pretty much."

<Tony> "Right." Tony considered the situation, eventually asking, "So, what am I paying you, Phil, and Stan for again?"

<Bobby> "Well, we're searching for her, obviously. I tried to warn him away from her and her away from him, but since Johnny was taken she's been... more stubborn than usual." He sighed, finally meeting Stark's eyes again. "And, honestly, we didn't know how far off the deep end Brock had gone until he beat the shit out of another student and two teachers on his way out."

<Tony> "This all just sounds fantastic..." Tony reached for the glass of scotch once more, stared down into it for a few moments, and then offered it to Bobby. He could get himself another, and the kid looked like he needed it. It was too bad it was frowned upon to call Darwinism on your own child. With a sigh, he asked, "Are you positive you can find her?"

<Bobby> Bobby took the drink with a slightly confused expression and gave it a sniff. Wow. "Um... honestly? With the cannibals running around? I think we might need SHIELD, or SWORD. Or both. We have a good track record finding people, but now somebody is killing cannibals and if it's them... well, it ups the stakes."

<Tony> "I suppose I'll talk to Fury," he answered before ordering himself another drink, looking back over his shoulder at Drake, "...So, do you do anything useful outside of prison? Besides lose my daughter?"

<Bobby> "...I have a daughter, too." Bobby looked into the glass and then took a drink, remembering his conversation with Lorna and wincing at the burn. "And a wife. I'm the SHIELD liaison for Xavier's."

<Tony> "Ah. Well..." That was a bit more than he had, though his job was still far better. ...Some days. Occasionally. "Hopefully, you'll never have to put up with anything like this with yours."

<Bobby> "I hope not... but I'll do everything I can to find her, sir." He swallowed hard again, fighting down his nervousness.

<Tony> "I'd hope so," Tony easily replied after a sip from his glass. He looked back out over the room, debating the various clusters of patrons. He didn't really have any interest in any of the conversations. Pulling his gaze back to the kid, he asked, "Was there any decent looking on your way in?"

<Bobby> Bobby coughed slightly after another drink of the no-doubt very expensive scotch. He hadn't had anything like this since he'd stayed with Pietro... and he was generally already drunk by the time they busted out the hard stuff. "...any decent looking what?"

<Tony> Tony gave him a look, answering as if it should be obvious, "Women."

<Bobby> "Oh..." Blinking, he looked around. "I... actually wasn't looking." Cracking a small grin, he shrugged. "I was a little preoccupied..."

<Tony> "Well, I'm sure your wife would be relieved to hear that," Tony commented as he cast another glance around the room, admitting with a shrug, "To be fair, I was as well."

<Bobby> "Well... normally I at least look. Married, not dead." His grin flashed more broadly for a moment. "Oh... almost forgot. She has been texting me... saying she's fine and all... we're trying to trace the location of her phone."

<Tony> "Well, you were... briefly dead, right?" he asked, vaguely wondering if he was remembering that correctly. "Has she? You think that means she'll answer one from me?"

<Bobby> "Um... not really. Just missing. Kinda..." Bobby took another drink at that memory. "It's worth a shot. I told her I was telling you. Gave her a while to respond or come back... so here I am."

<Tony> "Ah, right..." Tony nodded, taking a sip of his own drink. "I suppose I'll try contacting her when I'm finished here."

<Bobby> Bobby frowned slightly. No rush or anything. "Well... um... I'll get back to it then. Check in with Darren and see if he's got anything." He finished off his drink.

<Tony> Tony nodded and took another long drink, setting his glass down, "Let me know if there's any major developments."

<Bobby> The guy's matter-of-factness made Bobby want to shake his head, but he just nodded. "Will do, boss."
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Re: 4/11 Instance: Murdering Murderers

Post by Slarti »

Another addendum!

<Slarti> we're gifstancing!

<Tony> "Okay, so... My daughter went off with a potential murderer to kill murderers that murdered some girl?" he slowly asked, adding, "Just so I have this straight."

<Bobby> Bobby licked his lips nervously. "Yeah... pretty much."

<Lorna> Oh god that is beautiful!
TechPrincess
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Little BABY!! Fairy <3
Nightscrawlearth Character: :jean :emma :husk

Re: 4/11 Instance: Murdering Murderers

Post by TechPrincess »

Hahahahahha! Brilliant.
Paige :husk -------- Emma :emma -------- Hope :jean