4/13 Instance: Lettuce Rejoice

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

4/13 Instance: Lettuce Rejoice

Post by Slarti »

Timelined the day after Ninja Bsns

<Fabian> Fabian popped one of the gummy bears in his mouth and held another out to Cecilia as he led the way inside. "Not much now, we don't want to be the idiotic giggling twits in the front room nobody talks to now...although I think it would be hilarious to tell everyone about how golden their nostrils are."

<Cecilia> Cecilia snorted and took the offered gummy bear, biting off its tiny head. "Yeah, I'd rather not start thinking I'm Boy George and have no-one wanna be around me at all, thanks."

<Angelina> Angel slicked her wings back as she went through the door and watched the students with the drugs. Drinking was one thing, but this... she suspected this was really outside of the employee handbook. Not that they had one, really. "Si, let's be a bit discrete... claro?"

<Fabian> "Don't worry, I've no intentions to offend anyone here. The museum was a different situation and even then I managed to not get kicked out. And I didn't think I was Boy George. If I had I would have never, ever done this again." He held put the bag to Angel, wriggling it temptingly.

<Cecilia> "Si, claro, Angelina." Cecilia said, taking Fabian's arm as they began to mingle. While she didn't speak Italian the words meant the same thing in Spanish - the perks of sharing romance languages.

<Angelina> "Hmm.... I never tried..." Angel stared at the bag for a long, long moment, then delicately picked a clear gummy bear from it. "If I start spitting acid, take me home, yo."

<Cecilia> "Neither have I," Cecilia admitted, taking a glass of champagne from one of the trays floating around. "But how bad can it be, yeah?"

<Fabian> "Nothing ends a good time faster than face-melting, will do." Fabian gave a salute and tucked their treat for the evening. "And this stuff is a good deal weaker than what I had for the museum...who thought Sean would have gummy bear tins..." Sometimes he worried about his roommate, then he just decided the Irishman was awesome.

<Angelina> "It might make this a little more tolerable," she sighed, glaring at the gummy before biting its head off.

<Angelina> She looked around the club. "It does look... a little emptier." And it wasn't just because Sebastian was missing. No, not missing. Dead. Angel sighed and took a flute of champagne herself.

<Fabian> "That it does...though I definitely don't smell as much old person in the place now." It was horrible but it was true.

<Angelina> Angel stifled a snicker, wings fluttering.

<Cecilia> "Don't worry," Cecilia said to Angel. "Fabian's looked out for me plenty of times - drunk and high - and nothing bad's happened to me. You'll be fine."

<Cecilia> Cecilia snorted at Fabian. "...You're awful."

<Fabian> "Just because we left Kevin at the karaoke place at Halloween doesn't mean we're not to be trusted...and yes, I am."

<Angelina> "I'm just filled with confidence now," she joked. "Allora, I don't see any of the older members now... were they all cannibals? Or were they just scared off by the killings?"

<Cecilia> Cecilia sighed. "I miss him. He was a pretty good sport about all of that and he's often up for a good time," she said, remembering the kick party in the woods.

<Fabian> "Surely not all of them. I can't imagine how you'd successfully cannibalize with dentures, seems a bit tricky to me but, then again, if that human flesh taste got stuck in the paste I suppose you just get new dentures."

<Cecilia> Cecilia frowned, scanning the crowd. "...Maybe it was some sort of elixir of life thing? Drink from me and live forever...?" She joked. She made a face at Fabian's comments. "Don't...please. I don't wanna think about what happened to Cass."

<Cecilia> "This is not a good tripping subject."

<Angelina> "Si... I don't want to think about it in detail. About what parts of Sebastian some of the old bastardos put dibs on..." She gulped down half her champagne.

<Cecilia> "Gnawed the bone," Cecilia sniggered, remembering what Mel had said the other day.

<Fabian> "..." Fabian shut his mouth firmly as his mind was thinking way too much about how to properly butcher a human being. Thank God for champagne. And at Cecilia's comment that champagne nearly came out.

<Fabian> "Oh God, and you were calling me horrible. Okay, topic change, desperately needed."

<Angelina> "Oh... Dio mio..." Angel looked at the gummy bear and then popped the rest into her mouth.

<Cecilia> "I spend too much time around you," Cecilia teased. She studied her champagne. "I don't remember this being so...pretty. It's like tiny diamonds in amber..." she said, swirling the liquid in the glass.

<Angelina> Angel looked at her own champagne, but since it was mostly gone now, she instead leaned toward Cecilia to peer at hers.

<Cecilia> It made sense that it looked rich, Cecilia thought, 'cause she always felt much richer drinking this. "I think I get the appeal of this now...besides the bubbles, I mean."

<Angelina> "It's high in alcohol and the carbonation helps it absorb... or so Scott tells me... he doesn't drink. His liver has spots..."

<Cecilia> "...spots?" Cecilia asked, picturing a dalmatian liver.

<Fabian> Fabian looked thoughtfully over to the glass as well. "Huh, now I wonder what my liver looks like."

<Cecilia> "Like a liver," Cecilia said quickly, knocking back the champagne. She didn't want her boyfriend to have spots on his liver! "You're fine."

<Angelina> "....damage. Liver damage." Angel shook her head and shuffled her wings at the same time. "I think... I think we should sit down."

<Fabian> Fabian wandered aimlessly towards the tables at Angel's suggestions, momentarily stopping to pet a rather vibrantly green plant on the way until he shook himself into realizing what that probably looked like.

<Cecilia> "Sure," Cecilia said, taking a seat at a table with a decorative lettuce piece in the center - very spring festive there, she thought. Anything to get her mind off damaged livers and torn aortic arches and slashed jugular veins. SHUT UP.

<Angelina> "Are you walking in slow motion? Is this really what acid does?" Angel's wings were starting to droop a little as she followed them to the table. Oh, this had been a bad, bad idea. She should have brought Scott.

<Fabian> "No, no, I'm just...appreciating." Fabian replied, sliding into his seat. "So many things, looks...different."

<Cecilia> Cecilia looked at the centrepiece with much trepidation. "Doesn't that...look like a face?" She asked the others, pointing at it.

<Angelina> She leaned in, looking closely. "Perché la lattuga parlare?" She shook herself. "I mean... the lettuce just talked to me... what the fuck, yo?"

<Cecilia> "...what did it say?" Cecilia asked, leaning a little away from the piece. It looked a lot like a head. It was the same size and roughly the same shape and - SHUT UP!. "...I need a drink..."

<Angelina> "Non so lo... I don't know ... but it sounded familiar." She shook her head and looked away. "I do too, yo. WAITER!"

<Fabian> "...you two really cannot handle this stuff, can you?" Fabian chuckled, wishing that he was filming this...though he eyed the centerpiece...just in case.

<Cecilia> "I'm fine," Cecilia said, twisting her hands nervously. "I just need a drink..." Actually, she was getting more and more nervous the longer it took for it to come. Why was it taking so long!?

<Shaw> His welcome back had been earlier in the evening and had been awkward to say the least. Not that he didn't want it to be awkward, since he was ensuring he again had iron-fisted control over the membership of the New York club. But the fear and bowing and scraping had gotten old after a while. The respite with Jessica in his private room had been just what he'd needed.

<Angelina> Angel was buzzing her wings at random intervals, in time to music only she heard.

<Jessica> Jess gave Sebastian a smile as they entered the room, she was rather enjoying everyone staring at them now that she was used to it and had convinced herself they were only looking at Sebastian. She snagged a drink from a passing waiter and scanned the room.

<Cecilia> Cecilia looked to the ceiling. She could hear the telltale call of frogs that were native to the island. She'd heard them every night for the first few years of her life. Coquí, coquí. But she couldn't see any. "I can hear them...but I can't see them."

<Fabian> Fabian just chuckled as the waiter arrived. My but the wait staff costumes were were amusing. "I think we should drink something green. I'm feeling green."

<Cecilia> Cecilia eventually looked down after what felt like a second only for her drink to have appeared magically in front of her while she'd looked away. "Wow, magic!" She said, taking the scotch and sipping it, incredibly relieved.

<Shaw> He offered Jessica his arm and took his own scotch from the jumpy waiter - no one was going to piss him off for a while, at least. Sebastian smirked. He was back to himself now, clean-shaven and wearing a tuxedo. Even Monet would approve.

<Angelina> Angel started poking at the centerpiece, making it move slightly.

<Fabian> Fabian looked in wonder as...something green appeared for him to drink. He had an even more wonder-filled look as he drank it. "Dear God, everything tingles." This was a mistake.

<Fabian> A delicious mistake.

<Cecilia> "But you're the red ranger, mi amor..." Cecilia said, reaching out and petting Fabian's rusty red hair. "The only green is in your veins..."

<Jessica> Jess took his arm, and a sip of her drink, then walked with him as they wandered through the room. She, too, looked the part as she'd been careful to select just the right kinds of clothes and jewelry for tonight. "I could get used to this... which is bad because I could make people react like this to me all the time...”

<Fabian> "Yeah, I don't know power rangers, this is something you're going to have to fill me in on here." Hey, there was petting going on, petting was a good idea.

<Cecilia> "I hate the power rangers," Cecilia said, petting Fabian still. "They're racist. The yellow one's always Asian and the pink one's always a girl and the black one's always black. And they fight too much. They should talk their problems out like adults."

<Shaw> "There are advantages to every ability, as I've tried to tell you, my dear." Sebastian smiled at Jess, then nodded at one of the few old codgers still brave enough to turn up.

<Angelina> "Plus their costumes are worse than ours," Angel piped up. "An' that's sayin' somethin' since ours are pretty bad, yo."

<Angelina> She shook her head, her hair swaying. When had her accent come back?

<Jessica> "Oh I'm sure there are if you don't have a conscience," she replied with a small smirk, following his gaze.

<Fabian> "Hey, I look fantastic in those costumes, and you should see her ass in them." He jerked his thumb back to Cecilia. "I am a fan of that and this drink...and gummy bears. Now I want to put gummy bears in my drink."

<Shaw> "Consciences are overrated," he said, expression turning cold as he surveyed the old man.

<Cecilia> "...Oh my God," Cecilia said. "Do you guys know what would look even better? Deep V uniforms! Our publicity would skyrocket!" She said, holding her drink precariously.

<Angelina> "Camel toe," she blurted.

<Jessica> "In this case... I'll agree." She glanced at him, "Want to go scare him discreetly?"

<Fabian> "I always thought that was a diversionary tactic, camel toe."

<Cecilia> Cecilia frowned. "...I don't think I got camel toe...but they definitely ride up...that's why you should go commando underneath them."

<Shaw> “No, no, that's all right.” Sebastian laughed, turning his full attention back to Jessica. No, Leland was already cleared by Yukio... he just wanted to be sure and now he was.

<Fabian> Fabian seemed to go even further away at the mention of uniformed commando, sipping at his drink happily.

<Angelina> "Si," Angel giggled, leaning on the table, but she soon straightened up. "Did the lettuce laugh too?" She knew that laugh.

<Jessica> "I don't think I could get him from here though... not without getting most of everyone else which, while funny and probably educational, would get too much attention of the not so fun kind..." she shook her head, offering another smile. "Maybe later."

<Fabian> "If lettuce could laugh I would think it would sound more feminine..."

<Cecilia> Cecilia didn't hear anything coming from the lettuce...'cause the lettuce had somehow managed to morph into Shaw's decapitated head and was sitting there smirking at her. "...We meet again, like I said..."

<Shaw> "It's quite all right, my dear." He leaned in and kissed her cheek. "Maybe later we'll go for a private demonstration, though not in fear."

<Angelina> "It wasn't... this lettuce ain't a girl..." Angel stared at it hard, poking again with the base of her champagne glass.

<Jessica> "I do like private demonstrations..." she nodded, flashing him a grin.

<Fabian> Fabian frowned and lifted some of the leaves up. "Well, I think we're safe from mystical lettuce people...but you never know. Maybe it got away."

<Cecilia> The main course would come soon and it'd be Jamie, Cecilia knew. She just hoped that the dessert wasn't ice-cream. She couldn't handle either one but ice cream was worse.

<Angelina> Angel gave Cecilia a look. "Who's meetin' who again? You know this lettuce?"

<Fabian> "Maybe we ate it in a different life."

<Cecilia> "...Not really, we only spoke once..." Cecilia said, tilting her own head at Shaw's. "...I don't think he liked me, either. My boobs weren't available."

<Fabian> "...is this lettuce after your boobs?" Well, that was it, Fabian needed a fork.

<Angelina> Angel just stared at Cecilia. "Maybe your boobs didn't taste like vinaigrette?"

<Fabian> Fabian waved the waiter back over and, after a little confusion, was brought a fork. "They didn't last I checked."

<Cecilia> "He's after everyone's boobs," Cecilia said, sitting back and shrugging nonchalantly. "Mine, someone else's...it makes no difference. We're all interchangeable."

<Shaw> "Mmm, yes... and I'm tempted now to retire for just that. Are you quite sure you're not slipping me some pheromones right now?" He had stopped near the tables, turning toward Jessica to brush her ear with his nose and lips.

<Angelina> "Are we still talkin' about the lettuce, or Fabio up in here?" She nodded toward the redhead.

<Fabian> "Heeey, now, I've been good, I've not motorboated anyone I shouldn't have!"

<Cecilia> Cecilia gave Fabian the hairy eyeball. "...If you touch other boobs, I'll sack you."

<Angelina> "Teabag?"

<Fabian> "My balls haven't been anywhere they shouldn't be either. I'm very careful with them."

<Jessica> She laughed a little, tilting her head to expose more of her neck to him, "If I am, it's not intentional. Maybe I just can't help myself."

<Cecilia> She broke into a wide grin a second later though. "He wouldn't cheat though!" She grinned, hugging Fabian suddenly. "He won't - it reminds him of his dad!"

<Shaw> "I'll remember that excuse." He figured it never hurt to remind people he was relaxed enough to seduce a woman right in the middle of the club, so he slid his free hand around her and hooked her hip.

<Angelina> "Figlio di puttana, me too." Angel sniffed in disgust and looked around, her eyes landing on a familiar shape but taking a moment to recognize it for the man it was. Her head tilted.
<Jessica> Jess was quite happy to be seduced, turning into him, "It's a good excuse."

<Cecilia> "...You look like a scotch man..." Cecilia said, taking her drink and pressing it to Shaw's lips. "...Drink up, you bad man..."

<Cecilia> The liquid came out at the bottom of his head and began to pool, but it was the thought that counted. He never asked to be decapitated.

<Fabian> "Hey, I thought I was supposed to eat that lettuce, why are we wasting good scotch on it?"

<Cecilia> "He's thirsty."

<Shaw> Sebastian didn't bother to answer, instead bending to bring his lips to her throat.

<Angelina> "Dio mio... Sebastian?" Angel shook her head, her hair swinging and her wings dipping downward, then up.

<Fabian> "Huh?" Fabian looked up, momentarily distracted by Angel's wings, so shiny.

<Angelina> Angel wasn't sure what she was seeing either, but she had one clear thought. "He's a vampire, yo!"

<Cecilia> Cecilia didn't look up the lettuce. That was Shaw as far as she was concerned. "He's pickled now if he wasn't already!" She said, feeding him more scotch.

<Jessica> Jess closed her eyes, enjoying the attention... at least until the familiar voices finally rose above the crowd. She blinked, turning her head.

<Cecilia> "...Was he?" Cecilia asked, looking to Angel. "Did he sparkle?"

<Angelina> "...he's not right now anyway..." Waaaait, she knew that girl... "He's eatin' Jess!"

<Fabian> "Oh man, sparkly Sebastian Shaw would have been completely weird and strangely majestic. I now regret the fact I'm not covered in glitter." Wait, Angel was actually looking at something? Fabian glanced that way and just stared for a moment. "...oh my God he's a zombie."

<Cecilia> Cecilia looked to Fabian and then full-bodied Shaw and then his head on the table. "Oh my God! He's a duplicating zombie!"

<Shaw> Jessica wasn't really paying attention to him anymore. There was something very wrong with that, so he looked up as well. Oh.

<Angelina> Angel covered her face with her hands, then peeked between her fingers.

<Jessica> Well shit. Now she was in trouble. She bit her lip then looked at Sebastian.

<Fabian> "Isn't that more Jamie's thing?" Fabian asked Cecilia, frowning slightly.

<Cecilia> Cecilia just peered at Jess. "Ew...he's macking her face. That's necrophilia."

<Shaw> "Well... shall we go see your friends?" And Angelina... he had meant to call her...

<Jessica> She sighed a little, "I suppose so..."

<Cecilia> Cecilia picked up the lettuce piece and tucked it under her arm. She was gonna put this back where it belonged...but this body already had a head....hm.

<Cecilia> Well, he could be a hydra now.

<Angelina> He was coming toward them now, and Angel got up from her seat unsteadily. She took a few steps forward to meet them. She reached out and poked him in the chest.

<Shaw> Sebastian smirked. "Angel."

<Jessica> "Yes, he's real." Jess decided to answer that question. "And not a zombie."

<Angelina> Angel made a indecipherable noise and tackled him in a hug, going on tiptoe to put her arms around his neck. "You were dead!"

<Fabian> Fabian blinked a few times as he watched Angel and Shaw...zombie fairies, oh God what has his life come to that there were zombie fairies?

<Cecilia> Cecilia came up to the couple, squinting and finger pointed. "You're baaad..." she said, poking Jess' arm with the lettuce head. "What's Kevin gonna say when he finds out you shacked up with a zombie? Gross."

<Jessica> Jess flailed a little and ducked out of the way as Angel tackled Sebastian then eyed the lettuce. "He's not a zombie... and what the hell is that?" Ew it was wet... "What have you been doing with that thing?"

<Fabian> Fabian approached more cautiously than the girls, mainly because he was really alarmed at the idea of zombies who could fly with fairy wings. "So...this is a thing. I did not realize the bears were this strong at all."

<Cecilia> "Feeding it..." Cecilia said, giving Jess the shifty eye. "It's his head...I'm giving it back now. I found it."

<Shaw> Sebastian awkwardly returned his former assistant's hug and promised her an explanation, later.

<Jessica> Jess looked at Fabian. Bears? She turned her attention back to Cecilia, "Are you drunk?"

<Angelina> Angel let go of him, sniffling quietly, but eyed the lettuce. "Oh, you thought it was his head?"

<Fabian> "...and you were going to let me eat it?" Suddenly that was worse than fairy zombies but only for a moment.

<Shaw> Sebastian watched all this with a cocked eyebrow and bemused expression.

<Cecilia> "Are you?" Cecilia asked, raising an eyebrow. "...Gotcha there." Hehehe. She walked over to full-bodied Shaw and presented him his head. "You'll need this."

<Jessica> "You see?" she looked at Sebastian. "This is why I don't like it there. They just can't help themselves."

<Fabian> "I thought it was because you didn't like jello wrestling as much as the rest of us."

<Cecilia> "You don't like anything," Cecilia said before leaning over to Shaw. "I just wanna let you know...you miiiight wanna get checked out," she whispered behind her hand. "Y'know...for the herpes."

<Jessica> "And that," she pointed at Fabian, "Is why being drunk is better."

<Shaw> It was a dripping head of lettuce. "Ah... thank you, Cecilia... I believe I shall pass, however." He coughed at her aside.

<Jessica> She shot Cecilia a glare and barely resisted the temptation to shock her.

<Fabian> "Here, Cee...I'll take your head." He held his hands out for the centerpiece. "And we're not drunk, actually....just a bit surprised and having enjoyed a treat from home."

<Cecilia> Cecilia was past caring about glares. She handed Fabian the head. "Hmph...I'm never appreciated. Just trying to help!"

<Angelina> "Gummy bears," Angel supplied, still staring at her old boss.

<Jessica> "This is not helping!" Now she wanted to be drunk.

<Shaw> Sebastian slid his arm back around Jessica's waist. "I'm afraid I do owe you all an apology... though perhaps it might be best delivered when you're in a more coherent state of mind."

<Fabian> "This head is worn, it's just no good for anyone." He explained to Cecilia. "It wouldn't go with his things at all. Anyway, congratulations are in order for your resurrection, you missed Easter by a while, however."

<Shaw> "Well, thank Hades for that." He smirked.

<Cecilia> Cecilia gave full-bodied Shaw the hairy eyeball. "...Jesus did it first."

<Fabian> "But Jesus didn't do it with women on his arm, that makes it slightly more up to date."

<Cecilia> She motioned at Shaw's hand on Jessica. "That shit is reserved! He gonna be maaad."

<Jessica> Jess leaned against Sebastian and tried not to let the stress of the situation get to her. It would end badly. "Shut up."

<Cecilia> Cecilia slipped an arm around Fabian. Humming 'Be Our Guest' softly.

<Shaw> "Oh? I don't believe the lady is protesting." In fact, she'd moved closer, and he nodded to Fabian in agreement.

<Cecilia> Cecilia didn't seem to be listening though. Instead, she was looking at the head of lettuce like it was talking to her instead. "Nope, nope, nope."

<Fabian> "So, is this the kind of thing we need fresh drinks to toast or would you like a gummy bear?"

<Jessica> "If everyone's going to be talking to lettuces, I'm going home."

<Cecilia> "No!" Cecilia said, whispering behind her hand to Fabian. "The real one - the head - told me this is an impostor! He's a shapeshifter in disguise!"

<Shaw> "No thank you... I believe I'll leave you to your... lettuce." He then looked back at Cecilia and laughed.

<Fabian> "We'll leave you to your resurrection back room enjoyment then?"

<Jessica> "And you'll all mind your own business about that too." Jess warned.

<Fabian> Fabian just arched an eyebrow at Jess and had a bit of a chuckle. "I don't even have to be on acid to be ambivalent to what you do with what body part, don't worry."

<Jessica> Jess was mostly focused on Cecilia because it was her that that the tendency to butt in.

<Cecilia> Cecilia stared at the chandelier. "I don't care about you! Stop talking to me about your sex life!" She said to it, studying the sparkles.

<Jessica> "Are you talking to me or the lettuce?" This was one situation where clarity was king.

<Fabian> Fabian just smirked the wider, trying to hold his laughter in. Yes, this had been worth it just for Cecilia talking to the chandelier.

<Cecilia> Cecilia eyed the sparkles. "...No talking now. Be quiet and let me hear its music...shshshsh!" Obviously asking a high person to make any sense was asking too much.

<Jessica> "Ugh... fucking hell..." Jess sighed heavily and looked at Fabian, "Will you please make sure she stays the hell out of it?"

<Cecilia> "Tchaikovsky's 1812 Overture...is so beautiful. Alright I'll wasn't gonna say anything, now be quiet! I can't hear the music!" She hissed, waving a hand.

<Fabian> "...you need to really relax. Isn't he taking care of that now that he's resurrected?"

<Jessica> "Perfectly well until you lot showed up..." she shook her head.

<Fabian> "...and we've done something to you how?"

<Jessica> "Three more people knowing about this than I wanted to know about this."

<Jessica> She paused, "... No offense." she added to Sebastian.

<Shaw> "Ah, I didn't know it was a state secret." He gave her a sideways glance.

<Cecilia> "You're in a public place," Cecilia pointed out to the chandelier. "You can't think you're the only one who frequents here."

<Cecilia> "We come here alllll the time," she said, meaning herself and Fabian.

<Angelina> Angel was used to Sebastian having sex with all her friends. She'd had sex with him too, after all! So she was still just staring and checking to see what the chandelier had to say about it, since it seemed to have an opinion.

<Fabian> Fabian just laughed again, finishing off his drink. "And Angel as well. Secrets don't generally stay secrets here so it's best not to get bent out of shape about them unless they're cannibalistic. You just go back to enjoying yourself." He shrugged it off, now glancing up to the lights to see what the girls were seeing.

<Jessica> "I know I'm not the only one but I hardly thought anyone would just show up now of all times..."

<Cecilia> "His name is Cortez," she said, tapping Fabian's arm. "He has to come...he's got connections."

<Fabian> "Anyway, congratulations and we'll have to come back later on when you've not got company and Cecilia isn't preoccupied with lettuce."

<Jessica> "Ugh... never mind..." Jess eyed the bar, "I'll be... over there..." she gestured vaguely in that direction before attempting to slip away.

<Shaw> Sebastian let her go with a sigh.

<Cecilia> "Congratulations?" Cecilia asked. "Is someone getting married or something?"

<Fabian> "No, on not being dead. That's an achievement!"

<Cecilia> Cecilia looked at fake Shaw. "You're an impostor and if Shaw was here he'd kick your ass."

<Shaw> "She's quite sure about that," he said to Fabian, glancing at Cecilia.

<Cecilia> "...but he's got no feet now, so..." Cecilia looked very sad at this.

<Fabian> "She's usually sure about things but she's been known to change her mind now and then." He reached out and patted Cecilia's back now that she remembered feet.

<Angelina> "They're right there," Angel pointed to Sebastian's shiny wingtips helpfully.

<Cecilia> "No, Shaw's dead." Cecilia corrected. "I found his head. This one's fake. No-one comes back from the dead. That's crazy."

<Shaw> That made him laugh.

<Fabian> "Cee, maybe he's like a starfish." To be honest, Fabian just wanted to see how she would run with that idea.

<Cecilia> Cecilia crossed her arms. "See? Shaw never laughed at anything when I saw him. That one's fake." She thought about starfish. "...Starfish are asexual. He can't be one."

<Shaw> "No, I'm most definitely not a starfish then." This was actually quite amusing. "I must admit, you're almost making up for driving off my date with all this absurdity." He took a step toward Cecilia.

<Fabian> "She doesn't go far, probably just wants to make sure you'll follow. And it wouldn't be the worst see creature you could be. What about seahorses?"

<Cecilia> Cecilia flinched back and stiffened. "Don't come near me...you're a shapeshifter."

<Shaw> His smirk fell. "No... it was the shapeshifter's head you found, not mine." Sebastian did eye the lettuce again though.

<Cecilia> Cecilia laughed hysterically. "Hahaha! That's exactly what a shapeshifter would say!" She shook her head and waved a hand. "C'mon, you really expect me to believe whatever far-fetched story you pull outta your ass? I'm not stupid buddy!"

<Fabian> Male seahorses were the ones that gave birth. Fabian couldn't appreciate that horror at the moment though because he was starting to worry about Cecilia's high taking a turn for the worst.

<Shaw> Sebastian watched Cecilia, realizing this was pointless in her present state. "Of course."

<Jessica> Jess had found a seat at the bar. She could still hear the conversation but now she didn't have to participate in it and she could return to it when she'd calmed down. Though, she was beginning to wish she'd thought to put a patch in her purse because, although the drink was nice, the alcohol wasn't having the desired effect.

<Cecilia> "People who are dead...never come back," Cecilia said shaking her head. "The murdered...linger, but they don't come back...no matter how much you want them to." She lifted a finger philosophically. "Nice try."

<Angelina> "We need a telepath," Angel nodded, then looked at Sebastian. "Well, other than him."

<Fabian> "What is dead may never die..." That was...yeah he was too high for this and what Cecilia said was possibly starting down the road of a bad trip. He offered her his arm. "Shall we fetch that telepath and put it to rest?"

<Shaw> Sebastian gave Angel a look, masking his reaction fairly well. "That won't be necessary. As pleasant as this little reunion has been, I think I'll get back to Jessica."

<Cecilia> Cecilia grabbed Fabian's arm. "...There are people watching me..." she said, looking around in a paranoid manner. "They think I don't know...but I see them. Pierce has spies here."

<Cecilia> "Sayonara fake Shaw," Cecilia said, saluting him. "Remember to use protection!"

<Shaw> "Not anymore, I assure you." He leaned in and gave Cecilia a dark grin.

<Cecilia> "...I liked you better when you didn't smile," Cecilia said, pulling away a little from the sharp teeth and giving him a shifty look.

<Cecilia> "I see your teeth in the dark."

<Shaw> "My dentist will be so pleased to hear it."

<Cecilia> "Minty fresh," Cecilia said, taking the lettuce head from Fabian and talking to it. "Don't worry...we'll set everything straight."