4/14 Instance: Shinyuuu!

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

4/14 Instance: Shinyuuu!

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

timeline: after Meanwhile, In Ireland...

Laura: Sitting at the bar of the pub they'd chosen at random after leaving the clinic, Laura was mostly focused on the bar, picking at a chink in the surface. After a few moments, she heaved a sigh and looked over to Hisako, asking, "We should order drinks, yes?"

Hisako: "Mmm.", Hisako responded, brow furrowing at the drink selection. She didn't really like 'beer', but apparently the denizens of Ireland did. That and ale of all different foreign names. She ran a hand through her hair, muttering something in Japanese, "Too much to ask for sake here?", she sighed, "We should maybe try the ale. Lots of ale."

Laura: "We may as well try something new," she nodded, "I suppose if we hate it, we can see if there are other pubs."

Hisako: Waving down one of the members of staff, Hisako withdrew a crisp handful of notes from her pocket, "Two large glasses of the best ale you have?", she asked with a little smile, turning to Laura, "And also, four shots of something good."

Laura: As the bartender went to fill their order, Laura returned the smile with a slight one of her own, admitting, "I am not sure how much I will like any of these drinks."

Hisako: "Well, we're going to get completely wasted. Because today sucked.", Hisako groaned, leaning her arm on the barstool, and her head in her hand. She glanced at Laura, "....you will like tequila. I should have asked for it."

Laura: "I do not think I'm able to get... wasted," Laura replied after a few moments of consideration, the word wasted coming out awkwardly as she wasn't accustomed to that usage. Sucked was another that sounded strange to her, but she still tried it out as well, agreeing, "Today did suck."

Hisako: Hisako let out a little laugh at Laura's use of slang, placing a hand on hers, "I'm sorry. I really am.", she gave it a little squeeze, "You know that no matter what I will be here, right?"

Laura: Nodding, she answered, "Well, I'd assumed so since you hadn't left."

Hisako: "You are so frank.", Hisako beamed at her, "Well, if you drink like I have seen Eddie drink you can get drunk easy - just keep drinking until you feel weary, then drink more!", she made a little 'peace' symbol with a wink as their drinks arrived, thanking the barman and paying him before lifting a shot glass.

Laura: Laura studied the drinks that had been placed before them and nodded, "I suppose that would work, and I can just ignore the taste of alcohol."

Hisako: With a nod, Hisako knocked back her first shot, cringing a little at the taste, "Oh, it is Sambukaaaah....", she coughed, laughing a little bit, "Tastes like acid..."

Laura: "I do not know what that is," she said as she reached for one of the shots, carefully picking the glass her. Her nose twitched as stared down at the liquid, and she hesitantly brought it to her lips, downing it quickly as Hisako had, her face twisting as she coughed.

Hisako: Hisako laughed louder at Laura's reaction, patting the other girl's back, "Are you alright?", she managed past her amusement, "Hahaha! Your face is so priceless! I should have taken a ph-...oooh!", reaching into her coat she withdrew her phone, clicking a few buttons and throwing her arm around Laura.

Hisako: A few moments later, there was a flash and a snap as the phone displayed an image of the two of them, "Look! Now we have a fun memory!"

Laura: Laura had been able to imagine what her face looked like after that drink, however the expression probably worsened with the addition of the flash. After blinking a few times, she was positive she wasn't blind and leaned over to look at the photograph, slowly shaking her head, "I look terrible."

Hisako: "Then we will take another!", Hisako put her arm back around Laura, raising the phone to face them, "Smiiiiile Laura-chaaaaan!"

Laura: She had never really taken pictures before, but she leaned into Hisako and smiled as instructed.

Hisako: After the flash and click, Hisako showed her the picture, "Aaaah! Kawaiii, Laura-chaaan!", she laughed, "This little smile is so sweet!"

Laura: Laura laughed at Hisako's reaction to the picture and reached for the next shot, staring at it with some trepidation. This was going to be awful again.

Hisako: Lifting her own, Hisako gestured to the other girl with it, "Bottoms up!", she grinned, kicking it back and hissing a little, "It's aciiiiiid!",

Laura: She managed to drink this one with less choking, which was nice, however she still pulled a face at the taste and burn. She nodded in agreement, "It iiis..."

Hisako: "Quick...", Hisako reached for her pint glass' handle, raising it, "Down it with this...", she started chugging at her glass, closing her eyes. It didn't taste much better, but at least the mouthwash-like flavour had been rinsed from her tongue.

Laura: "All of it?" Laura asked as she pulled the glass to her, picking it up and sipping at it. It really didn't taste much better.

Hisako: Finishing about half her pint, Hisako placed the glass back down with a long sigh, wiping her mouth on her sleeve, "That was surprisingly not so bitter!"

Laura: Laura took another sip from the glass, then another, pulled a far less drastic expression than she had with the shots. "It is far more tolerable than those," she nodded to the remaining shot glasses.

Hisako: "More booooooze!", Hisako laughed, waving at the barman, "Bring me this bottle of San-buu-kaah!", she patted Laura's back, "You can finish it and lose your drinking virginity!"

Laura: "I have drank before..." Laura rolled her eyes, adding in a mutter, "...Just not excessively."

Hisako: Hisako blushed a little bit, affixing her best 'serious' face, "Well, fine: your 'excessive drinking virginity' then(!)", she rolled her own eyes, cracking a smile all the same, "It's supposed to be fuuuuun, Laura-chaaaan!"

Laura: "I am having fun," Laura assured as she reached for the next shot glass, making sure the ale was within reach to chase the horrible-tasting drink.

Hisako: "If only the music wasn't this pretentious Hipster bullshit...", Hisako whined, lifting another shot glass, "Have you even heard the new Serpent Society EP?"

Laura: As she swallowed the shot, she shook her head, reaching to take a drink from her pint glass before speaking, "Am I supposed to know what that is?"

Hisako: Finishing hers, Hisako laughed again, "You have never heard of 'Serpent Society'?", she sighed, "Ooooh, Laura-chaaaaan....I have so much to teach yoooou!"

Laura: "I do not think so... Well, I suppose I may have heard them since it is something you seem to listen to," Laura replied before downing her last shot.

Hisako: "They are amazing! Unlike this....pretentious crap.", Hisako rolled her eyes, going straight for the next shot, "We can go and see them together!"

Laura: "That could be fun," Laura smiled and sipped her ale, adding, "Curt and I have gone to a concert before. It was enjoyable."

Hisako: Hisako turned to her, "Who did you see?", she grinned, sipping some of her own, "Not a pretentious hipster band, right?"

Laura: "I don't really remember any of them, but I imagine you would have found them pretentious and... hipster..." Laura answered, not really sure on the context of the word hipster. "It was this huge festival though, and we camped out while all these different bands played."

Hisako: "I could never do that - I love my hair too much.", Hisako confessed, laughing again as she drank more ale, "Need more 'J-Pop'!"

Laura: Laura reached up to brush some of her own hair out of her face as she considered that over a drink from her glass, shaking her head, "Camping is nice and peaceful, whereas the city is noisy... and it smells," her nose wrinkled, head tilting curiously, "J-Pop?"

Hisako: "Japanese Pop music!", Hisako explained, shaking her head with a sigh, "I will have to teach you so much...otherwise you will be like all these people at Xavier's; no taste in music at all....", she shuddered, "Who likes emo-core anymore? Gross..."

Laura: "I don't know what that is either," Laura slowly shook her head. She felt woefully ignorant when it came to most music, as it hadn't been incredibly important in her upbringing. None of the arts had been, really. "However, I am up to learning."

Hisako: Hisako winked at her, "I know! That's why I like you, Laura-chan! You are dedicated and doesn't afraid of anything!", she beamed at her friend, raising her glass, "Saiko no-o tomodachiiiii!!!"

Laura: Grinning back at her, Laura raised her glass, clinking it against her friend's before drinking. While the day hadn't been exactly what she expected and somewhat disappointing, there was still promise that tonight would at least be fun.