4/16 Instance: Baggage

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

4/16 Instance: Baggage

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

timeline: after Irish Boys Stink

Laura: Laura wasn't entirely sure where Hisako had disappeared to after they'd gotten back to the school, but she had stuck to remaining in the room to unpack her things. Bag laid out on her bed, she was pulling articles of clothing from it, determining which needed to go in the laundry and what could go back in her drawers after it was re-folded.

Cecilia: Cecilia opened the door to her dorm room after her patrol, dog tired and ready to catch a quick nap before dinner. Only to run into Laura. "Holy shit! You're back!" She said, a bit stupidly. "How are you? How was Ireland?"

Laura: "I am back," she nodded as she folded a shirt, placing it in her clothes hamper. As she answered, she pulled another shirt from her bag and gave a bit of a shrug, "It was... eventful, I suppose."

Cecilia: "You met your mother, then?" Cecilia asked hesitantly. "She...was she?"

Laura: "Sort of," Laura replied with a sigh, setting the shirt aside to take a seat on the edge of her bed before continuing, "We got there and went up to see her, but she isn't lucid. She's like... I believe the saying is a broken record?" she shook her head, dismissing the expression, "We weren't able to get through, but she is alive and physically well."

Cecilia: Cecilia had been expecting something like this. One didn't spend nearly twenty years in a mental hospital if there wasn't something seriously wrong. Still though. "I'm sorry to hear it," she said simply. "It's...well, I don't blame her. If I lost my kids I'd probably be the same."

Cecilia: "In any case, it's great to have you back...both personally and professionally," Cecilia said, collapsing on her bed.

Laura: "Thank you. It's nice to be back," Laura smiled slightly, peering around the room. While most of the time away had been fun, it was actually nice to be back, as this place was far more familiar, which is what she supposed people would call home. "What have I missed professionally?"

Cecilia: Cecilia sighed. "A lot, so brace yourself. Cass, Jamie and John were captured, Cass is dead and we're still looking for John and Jamie but it's not looking promising; we busted most of the cultists shortly after they went missing, but we didn't catch any big names; Ed went insane and attacked a bunch of staff - and me - before taking off with Hope to play this year's X-Force..."

Cecilia: "...Lots of Inner Circle Hellfire Club members have been murdered, by what she recently discovered was by an assassin, investigation pending; Mayday's injured with shrapnel to the side; we got a URL that shows John killing Jamie's dupes; and we're severely undermanned, a fact which is made worse by certain people fucking off without any notice which leaves the rest of us holding the patrol bag. So...yeah."

Laura: Laura twisted to face her, simply staring as she let all of that process. She opened her mouth to speak, closed it, and tried again a few seconds later, only managing, "...Eddie's gone?"

Cecilia: "...That's the one thing you focus on?" Cecilia said, raising an eyebrow. "Yes, he's gone. Probably for good. He flipped shit when Cassandra died and took off. If he ever does come back he's gonna be in deep shit. He's gunning for Kraven and I can only assume Hope joined him to try and save her boyfriend...which is likely futile."

Laura: "I... Well, yes. It's just Eddie's... He's my friend," she replied, glancing down to her bed with a frown, "We would train together, patrol, and we usually got coffee or something after patrols." Sighing, Laura put more thought into the rest, nodding in agreement, "Probably, as they are most likely dead at this point. Seeing as Mayday isn't, how is she?"

Laura: As an afterthought, she added, "I suppose I should prepare myself to go out on patrol as well."

Cecilia: "...Getting better, no thanks to Sue." Cecilia said, scowling. "They ended it a little while ago." She looked visibly relieved at the mention of Laura helping out on patrol. "Oh thank God. I really need the help, you have no idea how much time we all spend out there. We're stretched really thin."

Laura: "Oh," Laura didn't know what else to say about Sue and Mayday's relationship, but patrolling was something she could talk about, "It sounds like it from what you've told me, but Hisako and I should be able to help now."

Cecilia: Cecilia made a small face at the mention of Hisako. "I can't fault her experience," she said simply. "At this point? I'd take a blind dog on patrol if it meant I got extra help. I'm fucking beat..."

Laura: Laura gave a small laugh, assuring her, "I can tell. When did you plan on going out next?"

Cecilia: "Not until I've had a nap," Cecilia said. "...And maybe some downtime...and a shower..."

Laura: "That should give me enough time to unpack," she commented, "Do you want me to go with you?"

Cecilia: "If you like," Cecilia said tiredly. "I always appreciate...your company..." her eyelids were heavy. Maybe if she closed them and relaxed a teeny bit...

Laura: "I appreciate yours as well," Laura easily replied as she stood once more, deciding the possibility of patrol meant she should actually work to finish her unpacking. As she reached into her bag for another article of clothes, she offered a change in subject, "We did other things in Ireland besides going to meet my mother."

Cecilia: "Oh yeah?" Cecilia said. "I was there for a day on Christmas break picking up the new teacher...what did you do? Did you try any Guinness? It's really good there."

Laura: "We wandered around a bit, but we went a pub last night," she grinned at the memory, adding, "Hisako's still really... hungover, I think."

Cecilia: "After a seven hour flight?" Cecilia said, arching an eyebrow. "Did you guys get drunk at the airport or what? Can you even get drunk?"

Laura: "I can, but it's difficult to maintain," Laura answered, shrugging, "We spent most of the night in a pub until Hisako got us kicked out by beating up some guy that apparently wanted to have sex with me."

Cecilia: "...Does Hisako not understand the concept of being chatted up?" Cecilia said, a little horrified. She shrugged. "I don't know how she knew that. I'd say you'd be the better judge of that with your nose...did he?"

Laura: "She informed him I had a boyfriend, and he replied that he wasn't there. It didn't go very well after that... For him," Laura answered, giving a shrug, "I don't really remember. I wasn't paying too much attention for once."

Cecilia: Cecilia frowned. "Well...I guess he did, then." She shrugged. "Really though it's not his problem. It's on the person who's attached to refuse, in my opinion...or not."

Laura: "Regardless, it was fairly fun. I'd never really been intoxicated before," she replied, actually folding the pants she'd pulled from the bag, "Hisako also tried to teach me about music, specifically J-Pop. It is... interesting."

Cecilia: "Oh no," Cecilia laughed. "I know a little abut Japanese stuff from movies and video games and rumours. Just be careful, they got a lotta weird shit over there."

Cecilia: "You might see things with tentacles you wish you hadn't."

Laura: "Hm... I suppose I could ask Hisako about all of that," Laura reasoned. "Anyway, I suppose you would appreciate it if I was quiet so you can nap, yes?"

Cecilia: Cecilia laughed. "You're always quiet...no, it doesn't really matter. At this point I'm so tired I'd sleep through a fire alarm."

Laura: Grinning over at the other girl, Laura suggested, "You try sleeping, and I'll just be myself. Plus, I swear I'll wake you up should there be a fire."

Cecilia: "Mmf...that's good." Cecilia muttered, her eyes drooping shut.

Laura: Laura took that as her cue to go silent and did so, simply returning to the task at hand. She didn't have much more to sift through, which meant she could possibly do a load of laundry before Cecilia was up again. She briefly considered the idea of leaving the other girl be, but she couldn't imagine that going over well... Laundry it was.