4/16 Instance: The Best Meds

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

4/16 Instance: The Best Meds

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

Timeline Note: After Instance – 'Somehow, Some way', and Instance – 'Reparations' 

<Janet> Janet had just gathered the nerve to come and see Mayday. After that video last night she figured it would be best to lighten her own mood a bit. The sounds and the images haunted her in her drunken haze the night before but she'd sobered up from her hangover and was wandering into the infirmary. Smiling softly at the figure in the bed she sat beside it and placed a hand on her shoulder gently. "Heya.. How are you feeling?"

<@Mayday> The redhead stirred, rubbing her cheek against the hand on her shoulder and mumbling something incoherent.

<Janet> Janet just sat quietly, stroking the cheek absentmindedly. She'd been worried out of her mind for the poor girl, and had been kicking herself for not going on the mission. If she'd been there maybe, she could have done something. Unlikely, but maybe...

<@Mayday> "...'snothin'....plus eight...rez?", Mayday muttered under a sleepy breath, brow furrowing slightly as she vaguely registered something else there. Opening her eyes, she blinked up at Janet, a little bit of drool trailing down the side of her mouth onto the other girl's hand, "....hullo.", she smiled softly.

<Janet> Janet quickly wiped away the drool to not embarrass mayday. "Hello.. You were kind of down and out there weren't ya." She smiled softly moving some hair out of Mayday's face.

<@Mayday> Blushing, Mayday looked down at her hand, moving away a little, "Oh, God, was I mumbling? I-I sometimes talk in my sleep...a-and I snore. Oh, God, d-did you hear me snore!?"

<Janet> "No no you were just talking a little. relax. " she chuckled. Janet moved her hand away as well, blush spreading along her cheeks. "So um..no worries.. how uh how are you faring.. heard you got pretty banged up"

<@Mayday> Mayday sighed, looking up at the celling, "Yeeeah, it was pretty bad. I totally got my ass kicked.", she confessed, "But, good ol' Parker Luck saved my ass.", she grinned.

<Janet> I was so worried about you, I wish I could have been there to help you. I heard you got left for dead all by yourself. "Yeah, well I'm really glad you're okay.. I'm sure it was rough." she muttered and rubbed the back of her neck awkwardly.

<@Mayday> "Aaah, it was nothin', seriously.", Mayday sat up, stretching and wincing at the pain in her side, both hands going to it, "Ow, ow, ow....", she laughed timidly, "W-well...I mean, if I was on my game...but you know...just....stress."

<Janet> "Hey don't do that. Just relax back. If you need to adjust let me know and I'll help.. I don't want you reopening any wounds." She murmured brow furrowed with worry. "Yeah, yeah I know..."

<@Mayday> Mayday smiled at her, "D-don't worry! I'm totally fiiiiine...", she smirked, brow furrowing as she sat back, "Ooooh, man, I am gonna kick that ninja's ass someday..."

<Janet> "Mayday you are crazy." She chuckled despite herself. The girl was trying to be reassuring but inside Janet was still panicked for her. Mayday was so damn sweet, her getting hurt was like someone kicking a puppy. "Is there anything I can do or get for you?"

<@Mayday> "Oooh....well...I'm kinda bored to be honest.", Mayday looked up at her, "M-maybe....ooh! I-I have two Gameboys and Pokemon! Maybe we can both play it or something?", she smirked awkwardky, "Pleeeeease? I'm so boooored....."

<Janet> Janet nodded standing up. "Yeah sure. Where are they? I could go get them." She was eager to do something that might help Mayday feel a bit better. She could tell that she was still a bit off. It had to be rough, staying here cooped up in sick bay right after a break up with your girlfriend.

<@Mayday> "Eeer....they're in the Mario style question mark tin. It's under my computer desk.", Mayday answered, "Oh, a-and....c-can you bring Cinnamon?", she nibbled her bottom lip, "He'll miss his momma. He's a big baby.", she grinned shyly.

<Janet> "No worries. I'll get it for you right away." She saluted playfully heading for the door but cocked an eyebrow and turned back. "Um...cinnamon? Who is cinnamon?" She asked curiously. She didn't want to bring back the wrong thing.

<@Mayday> "Ooooh...oh, Cinnamon is....", Mayday gulped, "Er...h-he's my...pet. A pet spider. Specifically a pet Chilean Rose Tarantula..".

<Janet> "Ahhh got ya. So he'll be in a little tank cage thing in the room then?" she asked calmly not too worried about it. Spiders weren't bad at all. In fact she liked most spiders.

<@Mayday> Mayday beamed, "Yeah! Yeah, in a glass tank with a light. He's a pacifist, de-fanged. A-and he's really sweet! Just...just talk to him and don't be scared ok? He won't hurt you, I swear.", she insisted, "Besides, a quarter-inch of glass'll separate you both."

<Janet> "No worries. Spiders don't scare me. In fact I think they're pretty cute." She winked heading out to get Cinnamon and the Gameboys. She returned a few minutes later engaged in a conversation with the cinnamon. "I mean I realize most find that to be interesting but I never understood why football is so cool." she shrugged setting the tank by Mayday

<Janet> Placing the box with the Gameboys on the table beside them. "Did I get what you required?" she grinned.

<@Mayday> "Yes! Yes, yes, yes!", Mayday clapped, reaching for the tank and removing the top before sliding her hand slowly inside and lifting her tiny spider out, "Ooooh, baby-boo, I missed you!", she breathed, placing him on her chest. Cinnamon, as if thinking the same thing, approached the nape of her neck as she sat back, drooling on her.

<@Mayday> She giggled at the tickling feeling, but didn't budge, instead stroking along his back gently, "I love you too, Cinnamon-bun."

<Janet> Janet giggled softly at the display, thinking there was nothing cuter or odder than a girl and her pet spider. She watched them cuddle for a moment. The smile spread along Mayday's face was enough to keep Janet satisfied.

<@Mayday> Looking back up at Janet, Mayday smiled, eyes watering just enough to make her blue eyes almost glow, "Thanks.", she smiled, looking back down at Cinnamon, "Isn't Jan just the best?",