4/16 Instance: Close Encounters

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

4/16 Instance: Close Encounters

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

Current Timeline.

Jessica: Jess curled up on the sofa with her tablet in her lap and flicked through the channels on the tv, trying to dodge the news. Cocking her head as she found a channel with an old black and white movie on, she decided that would do.

Monet: Monet stepped into the oversized elevator and pulled the keycard from her purse. The card slid cleanly in and out of the slot and Monet pressed the button to go up to Sebastian's penthouse. The card was slipped back into her purse and she absentmindedly watched the numbers light up as she passed other people's flats.

Monet: Finally, the elevator dinged and the doors slid open so she could exit. She frowned, sensing someone who was not Sebastian, then wrote it off as a maid or some such. First, she needed a drink. Kitchen.

Jessica: Jess heard the door and got up, bringing the tablet with her. "Sebastian...?"

Monet: Oh. Jessica. "Non," she called out as she made her way to the kitchen for a glass of wine. "Monet."

Jessica: "Monet? Wh-what are you doing here?" She followed the sound of her movement towards the kitchen.

Monet: "Getting a glass of wine at the moment." She set her purse on the counter and retrieved a wineglass from the cabinet before turning to the fridge. "Why does it matter?"

Jessica: "Because you just let yourself in... and I wasn't really expecting anyone else to show up..." She watched her progress around the kitchen.

Monet: "Oui. Of course I let myself in. I have a keycard," she stated matter of factly. She held up the bottle in offering to her, "Wine?"

Jessica: "It's the middle of the day...." she wrinkled her nose. "If you'd called first, you'd have known he wasn't here..."

Monet: Monet arched an eyebrow, "I'm not here to see him." She put the bottle back in the fridge and sipped at her wine as she picked her purse up and walked into Sebastian's study. "I was shopping in the area and I wanted wine."

Jessica: "So you thought you'd raid Sebastian's?" Jess frowned, "That's kind of rude...." she trailed after her.

Monet: Monet frowned and turned to face Jessica, "No, it's really not. I have a key, therefore, I'm allowed. Merci." She turned back to her path and sat at the desk, turning on his computer to check her email.

Jessica: Jess' frown deepened. She was fairly sure that was rude too. "How long are you going to be here?"

Monet: Monet set her wineglass on the coaster and turned in the chair to face Jessica. "Am I bothering you?"

Jessica: Jess decided to be honest. "Um... a little bit." Well not too honest. She glanced towards the living room where she could still hear the tv.

Monet: "Shut the door then. I won't disturb your television show."

Jessica: "You're disturbing it just by being here..." She hugged the tablet to her chest, leaning against the door frame.

Monet: Monet shrugged and turned back to the computer, "Apologies." Not really. In reality, Monet didn't care one way or another.

Jessica: "Well then? How long?" Jess never liked it when people avoided her questions. She didn't ask questions often.

Monet: "However long I take," she shrugged. "Why does it matter?"

Jessica: "Because you're making me uncomfortable?" Also she was going to cook and she didn't really plan on cooking for three people.

Monet: "What about me is making you uncomfortable? I'm simply stopping in for a glass of wine and to check my email."

Jessica: "Everything about you makes me uncomfortable." She straightened up again.

Monet: Monet shrugged and opened an email to read. "I'm sorry that I can't say the same. I'm indifferent to your presence."

Jessica: "You're indifferent to just about everything. Which is one of the things that bothers me most."

Monet: "Why should that bother you. You should be thrilled about that."

Jessica: "Why exactly? It makes you really hard to read and I don't like that."

Monet: "I'm not hard to read at all. I don't care about much of anyone but myself and my family. Plain and simple."

Jessica: "Right but it's what falls under that self category. No one can be sure what'll tick you off if you don't have obvious attachments. It's weird. And creepy."

Monet: Monet shrugged yet again. "I am who I am. I'm not going to apologize for that." She hit reply and started typing swiftly, her fingers gliding over the keyboard. "You standing there in the doorway and watching my every move is weird and creepy."

Jessica: "Well I'd rather this than listen to you wandering around in the background... like some kind of ghost...."

Monet: "Would you prefer I call out my locations like some kind of tour guide as I move about?" She scoffed at the mental image, "I don't think so."

Jessica: "Then you'll just have to put up with me standing here and watching. Or, you know, actually have a conversation for a change?"

Monet: "Why does my being here immediately create the need for a conversation? Why not just let me go about my business and relax with my wine? I would leave much faster if I weren't interrupted."

Jessica: "Because it's just not right to wander around through someone else's home and drink their wine and use their stuff and not see them or talk to anyone. It's like being some kind of... of burgler..." she shook her head.

Monet: Monet sighed and pulled her purse into her lap, opening it up and pulling out the keycard. She turned to face Jessica and held it up, "I. Have. A. Key. Card. I'm not breaking in. Sebastian knows I come and go as I please. Whether he's here or not. He knows I drink his wine. He knows I use his computer to check my email. You're looking for problems where there aren't any."

Jessica: "Well whether he knows or not, I didn't. I didn't know to expect you to show up unannounced so it's kind of taking some getting used to the idea. Unlike you, I actually have functional emotions."

Monet: "I have functional emotions. I just ignore them, generally. Which is good for you, so I would suggest you don't prod at me any further." She put the keycard in her purse, "I wasn't aware you would be here either, but I didn't let it bother me, now did I?"

Jessica: "Was that a threat?" Her eyes narrowed briefly. "And of course you didn't let it bother you, you wander around like an emotionless automaton. Heaven forbid you actually admit to giving a damn about anything."

Monet: "No, actually, it was a warning." She turned back to finish her email. "Like I said, I care about plenty. Myself and my family being the main points. I give many damns about them."

Jessica: "A warning is a threat under a different heading." She frowned, "And that's not just out of obligation?"

Monet: "Of course it's not. What kind of big sister would I be if it were just obligation?"

Jessica: "Well judging by my question I would have thought someone as intelligent as you claim to be would have made the connection that I figured you'd be this kind of big sister?"

Monet: "Clearly, you don't seem to understand the meaning behind the phrase 'give many damns about them'."

Jessica: "Well you can say it but as long as you're still sounding like a robot, it's not at all convincing."

Monet: "If you're trying to make me fight with you, then I won't."

Jessica: "I'm not trying to make you do anything... although if you did fight with me at least it'd be some sort of emotional response. It's not healthy to suppress all that, you know. And if you're not suppressing then..."

Monet: "I'm not surpressing. Like I told you, I couldn't care less about you."

Jessica: "Or anything else." She frowned. "Oh I know, family," she waved a hand dismissively. "It's just weird. And not good for you."

Monet: "You're not me. Therefore, you don't know what is, or is not good for me. I don't bottle anything up. That is what isn't good for anyone."

Jessica: "It's not good for anyone." She pushed a hand through her hair. "It's not natural. People need other people."

Monet: "I never said I didn't need people. For instance, I wouldn't be able to be waited on at restaurants without waiters. They're people."

Jessica: "That's not what I mean, and you know it. People aren't comodities, Monet."

Monet: Monet shrugged, "That's my business, not yours. Even if I were the type to show more emotion, I wouldn't show it to you because I don't know you well enough." She turned to smirk at Jessica, "But I do know Sebastian well enough."

Jessica: Jess pulled a face at that. She didn't want that mental image.

Monet: Monet's smirk grew and she turned back to her email, reading it over quickly again before pressing send. She shut down the computer, gathered her things and headed back to the kitchen.

Jessica: Jess turned and walked after her again, still hugging her tablet to her. "So should I expect this a lot...?"

Monet: "Whenever I'm in the area and need a glass of wine, oui." She rinsed out her wineglass and turned to face Jessica. "Au revoir."

Jessica: She frowned a little but nodded in resignation. "See you anon then, I guess..."

Monet: "Perhaps." Monet moved to the elevator and stepped in when it opened. "You should go outside some. You're looking pale," she smirked as the doors closed and she was whisked down to the lobby.

Jessica: Jess narrowed her eyes at the door then turned for the kitchen again, deciding to take it out on some vegetables.
TechPrincess
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Little BABY!! Fairy <3
Nightscrawlearth Character: :jean :emma :husk

Re: 4/16 Instance: Close Encounters

Post by TechPrincess »

Loved it!
Paige :husk -------- Emma :emma -------- Hope :jean
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Re: 4/16 Instance: Close Encounters

Post by Slarti »

Jessica: Jess narrowed her eyes at the door then turned for the kitchen again, deciding to take it out on some vegetables.
Jason and Jean are there?! D: