4/16 Instance: When It Rains

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

4/16 Instance: When It Rains

Post by Ferguson »

Current Timeline

<@Hisako> Entering her room, Hisako shambled towards where she was sure her bed was, dropping her bags carelessly. She let out a low moan, falling onto the mattress and blinking behind her mirror shades. The harsh crackling, the brittle and rough texture - neither of these were, in her dazed, tired mind, synonymous with the feeling of 'BED'.

<@Hisako> She pushed herself up, mirror shades being slid up into her hair as she stood back from the bed - and most of the items in her third of the room - covered in foil. She blinked, glancing over at Laura's side. Same thing. The only one that wasn't? Cecilia Reyes'.

<@Hisako> "Mijukuna....Reyes-san", she muttered, sliding down onto her knees and letting out a long, tired sigh, ""Kamiii! Watashi wa baka ni kakoma rete isimasu!"

<Fabian> At the voice Fabian curiously poked his head out of the bathroom, walking on out when he saw who it was, belatedly pulling the toothbrush from his mouth. "How was the trip? I see you've found the redecoration."

<@Hisako> Jumping a little, Hisako turned, "C-Cortez!? Why are you in my room!?", she snapped, blushing a little, "Ooooow, and now I'm shouting and my head is hurting again!", groaning, she rubbed her temple, "Why do you and Reyes-san hate me so much? I just want to sleeeeeep!"

<Fabian> "No hate, actually semi-friendly hi-jinx ensued so I suppose with that in mind I can help you unfoil." Wait, cranky and head hurting again. "Did you and Laura have some fun in Ireland there?"

<@Hisako> "I didn't blood-jing him with a stool, okay?", Hisako smiled up at him, "I don't know what Laura-chan told you but it was nothing like that....kind of....", she stood up, taking a deep breath and scratching her head, "...ooooh, ale is so, so addictive."

<Fabian> "I hadn't actually talked to Laura yet but I can see a good time when I see the results. And if you bludgeoned anyone with a stool I'm sure they were asking for it...but if it was literal asking you really should have gotten paid...anyway, yes it is addictive and would you like a hangover cure?"

<@Hisako> Hisako nodded, "Yeees. Please?", she cupped her hands, giving him her very best pitiful puppy eyes.

<Fabian> "Order of hangover soup, on it's way." Fabian grabbed his phone from Cecilia's nightstand and got to ordering. "I like to think we did a masterful job with the foiling though, have you seen the computer? That took so damned long to do."

<@Hisako> "If you have broken my MacBook I will destroy your face.", Hisako warded him, sitting on her bed and cringing at the texture before turning and pulling strips of foil off of it, lying in the hole she ended up with, "Where did you even find so much foil!?"

<Fabian> "Why would I break it to foil it? That'd ruin the entire joy of it." Fabian shook his head, chuckling at her appreciation of the sheer amount of foil. "Adam's special room in the lower levels."

<@Hisako> "...did you see him?", Hisako asked, rolling to one side to look at Fabian, "I think he is like this 'Gollum'. You never see him but he is always there. Watching in the shadows...", she sniggered, "Eeeh, he is like a huge child..."

<Fabian> "Oh God," Fabian shuddered, "that makes everything just a little bit more creepy and I expect him to come here and bite my finger off." He was going to be sleeping a little less soundly now.

<@Hisako> Hisako laughed out loud, sitting up, "It's fine! I would protect you, princess! Me and Baioretto Kagemusha, Cassie-chan Watsooooon!", she threw her fist up into the air with a large grin on her face.

<Fabian> "...are you still drunk?" Fabian looked over at her a bit concerned; it was a valid question.

<@Hisako> "No! I am just happy to be home.", Hisako smiled over at him, smile fading a little, "...why?", she blinked, "Is my Japanese confusing?"

<Fabian> "I'll have to adjust to happy Hisako, should be fun...you know what happened with Cassie though, right?" This might be the end of happy Hisako if not.

<@Hisako> Blinking again, Hisako shook her head, "....noooo, I...have been in Ireland. Out of contact with...everyone.", she laughed nervously, scratching the back of her head, "I left my phone charger here, so it has been off all this time. Oh!", she hopped off of her bed, "Laura-chan might be upset right now, so we should clear up this foil..."

<@Hisako> She sighed, "Yeah, her mother was in bad shape...", shaking her head, she smiled a little shyly, "Sorry to be so off this topic - you were saying about Cassie-chan?"

<Fabian> This was not a job for Fabian Cortez, it just wasn't. "Cassie...was murdered, Hisako, she was caught by Kraven and his cannibals and we found her after crashing one of their dinners. A lot of them were arrested, though somehow Quire escaped."

<@Hisako> It took the Japanese girl a few moments of silence to process the information. She looked to her sword. The picture of her father beside it. Her bedside table. The little red mecha, similar to the one she gave to Cassandra before leaving.

<@Hisako> "....oh.", Hisako managed, gaze on her feet before slowly sitting back on her bed, "...she's..."

<Fabian> "And now we're on 24 hour rotation tracking down Jamie and Johnny who are, hopefully, still being held by this Rott person who's connected with the cannibals. Eddie and Hope have gone AWOL, too."

<@Hisako> Nodding, Hisako didn't rush her thoughts as they ordered themselves. She felt hollow fire in her chest, anger and sadness she wasn't sure she could control. For a moment. A few slow, deep breaths later, she managed to force herself not to cry, biting her tongue hard not to just scream.

<Fabian> "I'm sorry, I'm sure there was probably a better way to let you know all of that...that's more or less the end of the bad news though." He shrugged slightly awkwardly as he pulled another sheet of foil down.

<@Hisako> Gulping, Hisako nodded, "It's....best you said it as soon as possible. Waste no time.", she affirmed, "They are looking for them? Eddie and Hope are looking for Kraven and this...'Rott'?"

<Fabian> "We're all looking for them...and they're looking to go on a vengence murder spree if they find them before we find them which, personally speaking, I'm neither here or there on but there's no telling how many people Kraven or Rott have killed and if they kill them we may never know."

<@Hisako> "It's....understandable.", Hisako agreed, "...but it's wrong. So we can't. It's...not the X-Man way...", she took a long, deep breath, "We have to beat them to the catch."

<Fabian> Fabian nodded in agreement. "That it definitely is...oh, and Jean is catatonic and Mayday's not exactly in the best shape either. Now I think you're caught up."

<@Hisako> "Oh, God....", Hisako breathed, "When it rains, it pours, doesn't it?", she offered a weak smile, her expression faltering a little bit before she turned away, wiping a tear free. No. There was no way she was going to let herself cry over it. Not now.

<Fabian> "Pretty much." Fabian admitted with an unhumourous laugh. "But I guess we have a job to do, huh?"

<@Hisako> "Hai.", she agreed, standing up, "When can I help the search?"

<Fabian> "After your hangover soup? I think the next patrol shift starts in an hour and a half, actually."

<@Hisako> Nodding, Hisako stretched, "Alright. Great.", she approached Laura's things, removing foil, "Then help me get up to date with information."

<Fabian> "Shall do, and next time we foil the room I won't ruin the experience with bad news."

<@Hisako> Hisako hummed in agreement, trying her best to focus on anything but her broken heart. At least she could make sure Laura wouldn't be irritated by foil, "C-Cortez?",

<Fabian> "Yes?" God but this was more foil than he had remembered. It was a good thing the hadn't done the clothing that had been left after all.

<@Hisako> "...if you're sent after her killer...if you find them....", she considered the next sentence very carefully, glancing at her sword again. And then at the photo of her father; "...do the right thing. She would have wanted that. She...loved heroics."

<Fabian> "You don't have to worry about me there. I'm all set to play along those lines, wouldn't consider the other."

<@Hisako> Smiling a little, Hisako nodded, "Thank you.", she gulped, "We...have to do what's right. Respect her memory at least."

<Fabian> "Not to mention find Johnny and Jamie if there's anything left."

<@Hisako> Without another word, Hisako tore the last bit of foil free from Laura's bed, looking down at it for a few moments before shaking her head, "I-I need...", she took a deep breath, "I don't mean to be rude but I'd....I think I need to step outside for a moment.", she gave him a little bow, approaching the door.

<Fabian> "You don't owe me anything, take all the air you want. Your soup should be here soon as well, I'll see you later, Hisako."

<@Hisako> "Arigatou.", and with that, she was gone.