4/18 Instance: Blondes Have More Fun

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

4/18 Instance: Blondes Have More Fun

Post by Slarti »

Timelined after Shanghaied

<Jessica> Jess sat under the shower, hugging her knees to her chest and trying not to dwell on what Cecilia had said. It had hurt. But what hurt more was the feeling she was probably right. She should be back there and helping everyone. But what good would she be? She couldn't focus when she was there. She'd offered her help if they had any news but that was all she could do. They'd have to understand.

<Jessica> But that was hardly Cecilia's m/o. Maybe she should just stop going back there at all. It wasn't like she had any reasons to at the moment what with Hope, Kevin and Johnny gone and everyone else annoyed with her for one thing or another. There was Bobby but he wasn't at the school that much...

<Shaw> Sebastian dropped his keys on the side table and took off his suit jacket. The apartment was quiet, except for the hiss of water from his bedroom. That explained where Jessica was, then. Dropping the jacket on the sofa, he loosened his tie on his way to the bedroom.

<Jessica> Jess heard the door and decided that meant she should probably stop hiding in the shower. She took a deep breath in an attempt to pull herself together and got somewhat unsteadily to her feet, reaching for the shampoo.

<Shaw> The bathroom door was partially open, with steam escaping into the bedroom. After a moment of thought, he unbuttoned his cuffs and rolled them up. Reaching for the top button on his vest, he changed his mind and paused at the bathroom door. "I decided to wrap things up a tad early today, to give us a few hours before we need put in an appearance at the club."

<Jessica> "I was wondering why you were home so early... thought it might be Monet again back to torment me." Her tone was as light as she could manage.

<Shaw> "I doubt Monet's appearance will be a regular feature," he chuckled, leaning to look into the bathroom and catching sight of her behind the fogged glass shower doors.

<Jessica> "Well good, the last thing I need is her bursting in on me in the shower." She turned a little, eying his shape in the doorway. "Did you want to use the shower? I can be done in a minute... or you could just come in."

<Shaw> Hands in his pockets, he toed the door further open and leaned against the frame to let out some of the steam. "For the time being, I was just admiring the view."

<Jessica> She laughed, "Flatterer... you could admire it much better from this side of the glass though, I'm sure."

<Shaw> "I'm sure." He had no desire to melt, however, so he waited a few moments more before unbuttoning his vest and shirt.

<Jessica> Jess finished washing the shampoo out of her hair and opened the door of the shower a little to peek out at him.

<Shaw> Since he had an audience now, he slowed down to smirk at her as he slid off his shirt and peeled out of his undershirt. He paused when he noticed her eyes were red and puffy. "Are you all right?"

<Jessica> "I'm fine... unless you're planning on stopping there, then I might be a little disappointed." She raised an eyebrow, attempting a playful smirk.

<Shaw> Nice try, but he decided to let it pass and play along, keeping his eyes locked with hers as he unbuckled his belt and stalked closer.

<Jessica> She gave him an approving look, shifting her weight and preparing to open the door to let him in.

<Shaw> Sebastian pushed off his shoes and finished undressing, catching the door and leaning down to kiss her on his way in.

<Jessica> She returned the kiss, moving to back up against the wall to make room for him.

<Shaw> He stopped her with his hands on her hips and pulled her against him, running his palms over her slick skin and deepening the kiss.

<Jessica> She slid her arms around his shoulders enjoying the closeness and the tingle of excitement that shot through her like electricity.

<Shaw> Moving them both under the pounding water, he hooked her just under her round ass and lifted her up, sliding his hands over her thighs to wrap her legs around his waist.

<Jessica> Jess obligingly followed his direction, securing her hold on him and pushing her fingers into his hair. She broke the kiss off momentarily, pressing her forehead to his, "I think you should come home early every day."

<Shaw> He smiled a little, letting his hands roam. "With this to come home to, I might."

<Jessica> She smiled back before kissing him again. The distraction was more than welcome and she didn't want to give her brain a chance to remind her what she was being distracted from - which was her guilt over doing this.

<Shaw> Breaking off the kiss, he mouthed and nipped her jaw, working his way back to her ear and taking a couple steps forward to press her back to the tile wall.

<Jessica> She hissed at the cold tiles against her skin, her back arching away from them and pressing her closer to him.

<Shaw> The response changed his mind and he unwrapped her legs to set her down, instead letting his hands roam over her curves again and dropping his teeth to her collarbone.

<Jessica> She closed her eyes, leaning her head back, though she wondered why he'd put her down.

<Shaw> His hands and mouth followed a meandering path down her body as Sebastian took his time with her.

<Jessica> Jess ran her fingers through his hair, enjoying the attention and making sounds of approval as he made his way over her skin.

<Shaw> Placing a kiss below her belly button, he smirked and looked up at her.

<Jessica> She looked down at him, raising an eyebrow and returning the smirk. She knew why he'd put her down now and she wasn't going to complain.

<Shaw> "I've been wondering about something," he said, planting kisses on her stomach. "Why do you dye your hair?"

<Jessica> She sighed a little at the question, tucking her hair back behind her ear as the weight of the water had dislodged it. "It was my dad's idea..." she ran her fingers through his hair again, "He said I looked too much like my mother..."

<Shaw> "Most women of my acquaintance spend much of their time trying to convince the world they were born blonde." He hardly minded her fingers in his hair either as he kissed her belly, moving teasingly lower.

<Jessica> "I don't know why they would do that... most people seem under the impression that blondes are stupid." Her fingers curled a little in his hair.

<Shaw> He chuckled and tilted his head sideways just enough to look up at her with one eye. "Is that why you still do it?"

<Jessica> She shook her head, "No... I was blonde again for a while last year... when I came home afterwards it seemed better to dye it back to black to help me remember... I don't look like myself when I'm blonde anymore... been brunette for seven years..."

<Shaw> "I won't complain, since your mane is a rather fetching match for my own." With a wicked grin, he brushed his mouth over the trimmed patch of blonde that had inspired his question in the first place.

<Jessica> She laughed softly, breaking it off as that tingling feeling shot through her again and curling her fingers tighter in his hair.

<Shaw> At that, he wrapped his arms around her legs and lifted her up onto his shoulders. Sebastian found a better use for his mouth than talking.

<Jessica> She leaned back against the wall again, at least briefly before the cold tiles caused her back to arch, moaning with pleasure. All thoughts of the rest of the day melting away.

<Jessica> [time passes]

<Shaw> With one fist clenched in the sheets, Sebastian tried not to pull her hair too hard as his hips lifted off the bed.

<Jessica> Jess ran her hands over his skin as she moved slowly back up his body, trailing lazy kisses over him.

<Shaw> He grabbed her waist, pulling her face up to his and craning his neck to kiss her. His own taste on her tongue was satisfying and he wrapped his arms around her, one hand finding its way to tangle again in her damp hair.

<Jessica> She kissed him back, resting her weight against him and sliding her fingers up into his hair too, settling with her legs astride him. She smiled down at him when they broke apart, stroking her fingers through his hair gently.

<Shaw> Sebastian smirked. "I do believe we'll need to change the sheets."

<Jessica> She grinned, kissing him again before sitting up and running a hand through her hair. "We'll just dirty those too."

<Shaw> "Very true... I suppose it's best to conserve. The maid only comes twice a week." He admired her, eyes settling on her rather magnificent breasts.

<Jessica> She laughed a little, "Well.... I could do that too, you know... just add it to the list of stuff I can do to kill time....?"

<Shaw> His eyebrow arched up. "Jessica - Jess - I hardly expect you to do that."

<Jessica> "You don't expect me to do a lot of things but I do them anyway..." she pointed out, shifting to rest her head on his chest.

<Shaw> Stroking her hair, he sighed. "Irregardless..." After a moment, he decided to continue. "Were you upset earlier? When I came home?"

<Jessica> She sighed a little, turning her face into his chest. "I was hoping you hadn't noticed...."

<Shaw> "I notice everything," he said with a smirk, tone light.

<Jessica> She nuzzled his shoulder, fingers still playing with his hair. "I went to the school today... ended up in the city with David and Cecilia... and she said some things that got to me.... I'm okay now..."

<Shaw> "Ah. In the same vein as her recent commentary?" He was occupied with her hair as well, caressing the soft skin on her upper arm and shifting against her to enjoy the smoothness of her legs tangled with his.

<Jessica> Jess thought about it then shook her head, "Sort of but not really..." she lifted her head from his chest to look at him. "She made me feel guilty... for being here instead of there... for being scared..."

<Shaw> "Your X-Men... it is a voluntary service, yes?" He met her eyes. "You can be wherever you choose, you can deny whatever missions you choose, for whatever reason."

<Jessica> She nodded, "I don't feel like it's voluntary... there's a lot of... pressure...." she wrinkled her nose, watching her fingers in his hair for a long moment. "She was going on about how they needed more people... and that I was selfish and didn't I think everyone else was scared too..."

<Shaw> "And what do you think?" She was staring just above his eyes, which made him all the more curious.

<Jessica> "I think..." she frowned, "I think that I was never really sure about the whole X-Men thing anyway... my dad had tried for so long to hide me from the world and then I was being asked to get splashed all over the news..." It wasn't until after she'd been on television with the X-Men that her account got its mystery payments... and the phone arrived.

<Jessica> "And I think I was having enough trouble with nightmares about being eaten before I saw what they did to Cassie... and I'll be no good to them like this... I told her that but it wasn't enough for her. She said I should grow up and stop whining... I said I'd help if they got a lead... that's all I can do. She said I was beyond disappointing...." which had hurt more than anything else.

<Shaw> "I think, Cecilia has a rather overdeveloped sense of responsibility. As much as we might hope to, and as much as we might try, we cannot control either the world or those in it. Not at all times, and perhaps not at all. If nothing else, my recent experience has shown me that." He gave her a squeeze. "She's discovered guilt is an effective weapon to use against you."

<Jessica> Jess sighed and bowed her head back onto his chest. "I carry enough guilt around without people adding more on top... It's like she thinks I don't care... and I do... Johnny was one of the two that came to get me from Amsterdam... I want to help... I just can't face all the tiny details anymore... it's just too much. Send me out into the field to chase down mystery ninjas, I don't care. Just don't make me go through evidence..."

<Shaw> Sebastian stiffened slightly at the mention of the ninja. He hadn't expected that, and he cursed himself for his reaction.

<Jessica> Jess frowned a little, feeling him tense. She lifted her head, "What?"

<Shaw> "Mystery ninja?" He wasn't entirely sure that this time his indifferent act was up to par.

<Jessica> "I'm sure I mentioned there was a ninja... maybe I forgot..." she frowned again. Taking in his expression. There was more than just surprise in there. She withdrew her hands from his hair slowly and folded her arms on his chest. "Do you know something...?"

<Shaw> Watching her for a long moment, he licked his lips. "She is no threat to you, or the X-Men, or any other mutant not aiding the cannibals," he said with a sigh.

<Jessica> She smiled, "I knew it! This is your safer alternative."

<Shaw> "Safer in a relative sense, I suppose, since one of your teams had a rather painful encounter with her, but yes." He kept his eyes locked with hers. “She's been ordered to not harm your friends, especially after their last encounter.”

<Jessica> "They'd be fine if they knew how to stealth properly. But they don't. It's infuriating. They talk non-stop. Your ninja will have more luck than them not tipping anyone off so... nice job." She settled back down again.

<Shaw> He laughed softly, stroking her hair again. "Thank you."

<Jessica> "So she's just taking out the cannibals and their friends... what if she finds our people?" she closed her eyes, finding the gesture comforting. "She'll let us know somehow, right?"

<Shaw> "Yes, of course. Well, she'll notify me, and I shall notify Xavier, and the police if it's a situation they can handle." He stared up at the ceiling, realizing he was in for a pound now.

<Jessica> "Good. That's all that's important... just finding them." She turned her head to press a kiss to his shoulder, "She's making much better progress than the X-Men... which just goes to show how little my being there will actually help. I should stop feeling bad."

<Shaw> "There you go then." He smiled at her gesture, holding her closer. "Jess, while you may approve of my plans... most would not."

<Jessica> "I know... I have skewed morals. It's okay, I can keep this secret if you want me to. I kept the last one..."

<Shaw> "It is my plan for my asset to complete her job and return to Tokyo with no one the wiser. While the unsolved crimes will no doubt plague the NYPD, I doubt many will cry for long over a group of rich cannibals."

<Jessica> "Well I won't... but last I heard the X-Men were jumping to conclusions and laying the blame at someone else's feet so I think it's for the best that they saw her... better than trial-by-mutant without a jury for Eddie... not that I think it's any bad thing who kills them but again... questionable morals. I know I have those..." She nuzzled his shoulder. "But it's good I have those or I wouldn't be here and I'd be crazy by now."

<Shaw> "Turning on their own, are they?" Of course he knew Tony's daughter was with this Eddie Brock. "Difficult times cause this, though, so I suppose they can't be blamed." Sebastian kissed her forehead. "This is best kept between us then, yes."

<Jessica> "It seems to be pretty common with them... or maybe that's just my experience..." she sighed, "I'm going to stop feeling bad about this. I offered what help I can give and if she doesn't think it's good enough then that's her problem, not mine. Right?" she lifted her head to look at him.

<Shaw> "I would agree." After a moment, he went on. "Worrying overmuch about how others perceive you is an exercise in futility, as you'll never truly win every heart and mind."

<Jessica> "Yeah... I know... I just hate to be told that I'm disappointing someone..." She shifted to lay beside him instead with her head on his shoulder. "It's a problem..."

<Shaw> He turned toward her, smoothing her hair back. "Well, I suppose it depends on how much you value Cecilia's opinion of you. For what it's worth, I have been far from disappointed."

<Jessica> "I suppose it wouldn't matter so much if she didn't insist on shoving it down my throat every chance she gets... even if she says she doesn't give a shit." She offered him a small smile, "Your opinion holds far more weight."

<Shaw> "As it should," he said with a smirk.

<Jessica> "Mmhmm." she leaned in to kiss him. He obviously cared more about her well being than Cecilia (or most of the people at the school) which kind of said a lot.