4/22 Instance: La Muerta

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

4/22 Instance: La Muerta

Post by Ferguson »

Timelined the night after Bitter End

<@Cecilia> Cecilia sat on Fabian's bed with the lights off, holding her knees. She'd come here as soon as McCoy had stitched and bandaged her fingers back together, thrown enough antibiotics at her to choke a horse and put her through a battery of tests and she'd had a shower.

<@Cecilia> Now she was just waiting for Fabian to come back in her sweatpants, trying to think of how to tell him how things had gone without crying.

<Fabian> They were apparently just missing one another. Fabian had come down to the medlab only to find that Cecilia had been released and he discovered soon after that she wasn't in her room. That worried him somewhat and, in a rash of paranoia, he had to go open her closet to make sure everything was still there that should be.

<Fabian> Satisfied that she hadn't pulled a true runner, Fabian slipped into his room to get his coat, sure she would be in the treehouse. "Oh, there you are!"

<@Cecilia> Cecilia looked up and opened her mouth to say 'where else would I be?' but she couldn't do it. Instead, to her horror, she burst into tears, keening shamefully like a dog.

<Fabian> "Oh holy crap." The first words tumbled out as he came over to Cecilia, wrapping an arm around her and looking her over quickly. "I got the brief, it's going to be okay, though. You're okay."

<@Cecilia> Cecilia couldn't actually answer him for a minute or so, she was crying so hard, her hands gesticulating helplessly. "Everything went to hell!" She finally gasped out. "That couldn't have...gone worse...if we'd planned it!" She mashed her face into his shoulder, shoulders shaking. "Goddammit!"

<Fabian> "Tell me everything." Fabian was a master at dodging waving hands by now so he just hung in there. "And it could have gone worse, you are okay, the team that was sent in got out."

<@Cecilia> "Barely!" Cecilia said, not even bothering to try and scrub the tears. "That mission was a cluster-fuck from start to finish! Sue threw me to the ground when I told her to curb the violence and I got trampled, swarmed, shot at close range and almost had my throat slit 'cause of her! My shield's failed, I had to grab the blade of the knife, that's how I got this!" She held up her hand. "I nearly lost my fucking fingers! I might never be a surgeon if that happened!"

<@Cecilia> "Mel had her legs blown off by Kraven and then had her arms torn off by Ed! I thought she'd bleed out before the healing factor kicked in!" She shook her head. "Ed killed Kraven and then he..." she stopped. "He..." With growing horror she realized she couldn't remember what he did.

<Fabian> "If they don't have her uniform for that then this school obviously isn't what it should be." Fabian just sighed. "I get being destraught but in that case she shouldn't have been on the mission. Even though it went rough, though, you're here and you're still going to be able to be a surgeon, Mel's going to be okay. I know not everyone is okay, of course, but...we'll go on."

<@Cecilia> "John's dead," she said flatly, taking the time to remove the tears from her face now that she was calmer. "He's dead and what's left of him could fit in a shoebox...we failed."

<@Cecilia> Cecilia blinked as a fresh batch of tears rose up again. "I don't know how it came to this. I tried to help, I did everything in my power to bring everyone home … and people hate me for it."

<@Cecilia> She drew in a shaky breath. "What's worse though? Is people who didn't deserve it got hurt and other people…people who made things that much harder…get to do whatever they want with no consequences." She shook her head, tears running down her face. "It isn't fair."

<Fabian> "Closure isn't failure," Fabian pointed out. "And we can hardly be blamed for what happened to him and you know exactly how hard everyone has been working...and not people, most everyone know better than that, Cee. Don't let an overly dramatically charged opinion get to you. Eventually that person will just regret things if they self-reflect enough to realize things."

<Fabian> "But either way that isn't what matters. You've helped stop all of this happening to anyone else. That's something to be proud of."

<@Cecilia> "I wouldn't count on it," Cecilia said, taking in a deep breath. "But thank you...it's nice to have someone appreciate it."

<@Cecilia> She stared at the sheets. "Quent's dead. I found him under a pile of corpses...he'd been eaten as well...I guess the cult decided he'd outlived his usefulness." She still didn't know how she felt about that. The emotions were conflicting.

<Fabian> "That's...unfortunate." Nobody especially deserved to be eaten so Fabian would stick with unfortunate. He just gave her another squeeze. "Is there anything I can do?"

<@Cecilia> "Unless you can bring people back from the dead, no, there's not a lot you can do." But that wasn't fair. "Well...there is one thing."

<@Cecilia> "You can tell me Happy Birthday. I'm nineteen..." she sniffed and looked at the clock. 3 AM. "...as of two hours ago."

<Fabian> Fabian smiled a bit at that and kissed her cheek. "Happy Birthday, Cee. In a matter of hours we can go eat awesome things at your family's house."

<@Cecilia> "Yeah, we can." She nodded, inhaling sharply. "I'm fine now. Really."

<Fabian> "You don't have to be fine, Cee." Fabian assured her, sighing as he did so and slumping back with her. "I really hope next year isn't this...exciting."

<@Cecilia> Cecilia nodded as she slumped down with Fabian. "Me too...I can't take this shit...I really can't. I'm considering quitting the team," she admitted. "Don't quote me on that though...I'm really really pissed off."

<Fabian> "Don't quit...I'd advise you temper your work ethic on it some but don't quit." Fabian shrugged, just about melting into the bed. "Take care of yourself though."

<@Cecilia> She nodded. "I'll try." She wiped her eyes. "My face is blotchy. I'm gonna go wash my face and then we'll just...chill or something."

<@Cecilia> She got up a bit unsteadily and walked over to the bathroom. "I'll just be a minute."

<Fabian> "We can just hang out in here until it's time to head to your folks." Fabian agreed, sitting up and watching her go, a bit worried at her wavering stance. "Okay."

<@Cecilia> She shut the door and began running the water, splashing her face....she felt sick. Really, really sick all of a sudden and for a minute she thought she might throw up. Then black spots began appear in her line of sight. She turned to say something to Fabian...ask him for help, maybe call him over...she didn't know. She didn't make it that far, before she even opened her mouth, everything faded to black and she collapsed hard onto the floor in a dead faint.

<Fabian> A very colourful string of swears hit the air as Fabian hurried on over to Cecilia, scooping her up carefully and checking to make sure she wasn't having some kind of seizure . "Cee? Oh they definitely let you out of the medlab too early. Come on, now, come back to me."

<@Cecilia> Cecilia's eyes rolled beneath her eyelids and her body remained a dead weight in his arms but in less than a minute she woke with a gasp. "No quise decir que... my head...dammit...what happened?" She mumbled groggily, trying to sit up. "Why'm I on the floor?"

<@Cecilia> ((Spanish: I didn't mean to))

<Fabian> "You passed out for a minute there, do you need to go back to the medlab?" Actually that was less of a question and more of Fabian carefully trying to get her up off of the floor to take her there.

<@Cecilia> "No...no," she said, waving her hand clumsily as she stood up, leaning heavily against Fabian, her legs like jello. "They won't...do anything...just lemme lie down..."

<Fabian> Fabian just frowned but did as she said, taking her back to bed, stuffing one of his pillows under her feet once she was in position for that.

<@Cecilia> "Smart guy," she said, indicating the pillow. "Elevate the feet to put more blood back into the head...very good." She gestured for him to join her. "C'mere."

<Fabian> "I like to think I know enough to help somewhat." Fabian took the compliment though, chuckling a bit and climbing into bed after her. "So, should we cancel on the birthday plans for another day. You really should rest."

<@Cecilia> Cecilia shook her head. "Why, so I can lie and wallow? No, I need a reason to get up in the morning...I can't stop, otherwise I might end up like my mother did...I'll be fine. I wanna see my family. I always feel much better when I see them."

<Fabian> "I more meant so I was sure you weren't going to fall over but if you feel like you are you can just flop against me and raise your mother's eyebrows for us not keeping enough space for Jesus."

<@Cecilia> Cecilia's lips turned up slightly. "Jesus isn't as sexy as you."

<Fabian> "...I really don't want to think of any religious figure in that way...lets get off the thought of Jesus now."

<@Cecilia> Cecilia laughed a bit weakly. "I'm sorry if I scared you...I don't think that'll happen again though it's probably just stress. I'll go down to the medlab and have it checked out in the morning though to be safe." She sighed. "Do you think I'll be allowed to go to John's funeral?"

<Fabian> "...of course you will. Why wouldn't you be?" He looked relieved at the promise of her getting checked out before they took off for the day. "We were both friends with him so we'll be there, even if we get the evil eye."

<@Cecilia> Cecilia shrugged. "I just worry I might be told not to come or something...I have - had - something to give him....well, I have something for you, Lukas and him...but since he's gone I might was well leave it at his grave." She studied his face. "You're worried...don't be, Fab. I just fainted, it's nothing serious."

<Fabian> "I still get to worry some. I don't do it much so I'll take advantage of being able to do so when I can." Fabian defended his current state. "And you don't worry a bit about being allowed in, whatever you have you'll get to give him."

<@Cecilia> Cecilia rolled over, flopping an arm over him and kissing his cheek "You're a good boyfriend...do me a favour though? If I ever go missing or I die...don't do what anyone here did, you hear me? Just...keep living, be happy. That's what I'd want most."

<Fabian> "Love you but I like to think that I would stay sane. I mean, I'd look for you and I'd do my damnedest to make whoever did it suffer in fairly normal ways but I'll keep my sanity. Same for yourself?"

<@Cecilia> Cecilia smiled. Still no 'I' in front of that statement - at least not when he was sober - but he was getting closer every day. "'No, perdóname. Si tú no vives, si tú, querida, amor mío, si tú te has muerto, todas las hojas caerán en mi pecho, lloverá sobre mi alma noche y día, la nieve quemará mi corazón, andaré con frío y fuego y muerte y nieve.'"

<@Cecilia> ((Spanish: 'No, forgive me. If you no longer live, if you, beloved, my love, if you have died, all the leaves will fall in my breast, it will rain on my soul night and day, the snow will burn my heart, I shall walk with frost and fire and death and snow.'))

<@Cecilia> "'Mis pies querrán marchar hacia donde tú duermes, pero seguiré vivo, porque tú me quisiste sobre todas las cosas indomable,'" Cecilia finished reciting. "He says it better than I do. I would be hurt more than you might imagine. But I wouldn't die with you."

<@Cecilia> ((Spanish: My feet will want to walk to where you are sleeping, but I shall stay alive, because above all things you wanted me indomitable.))

<@Cecilia> ((The Dead Woman by Pablo Neruda: (Link: http://www.britbitsandclips.com/La%20Muerta.htm)http://www.britbitsandclips.com/La%20Muerta.htm))

<Fabian> "...did you just poetry at me after passing out? Because that's some interesting talents you have right there." Fabian just went back to teasing although he settled in closer, smiling absently as he did so. "I will say, it's a pretty accurate choice you've made there."

<@Cecilia> Cecilia just smiled slightly. "It was one of my father's favourites. I used to memorize them to make him happy. He liked a lot of Neruda." She shrugged, patting Fabian's side absently. "Some things stick...that one in particular means a lot to me since I've lived it. I can relate."

<@Cecilia> "At least you know I don't have brain damage," she said wryly.

<Fabian> "I don't know, you don't usually poetry at me, this may be a permanent change in your personality." Fabian teased further but let his head slump agianst her shoulder. "I'd say it's quite fitting as well."

<@Cecilia> Cecilia smirked. "What I can't be all educated and esoteric sometimes?" She said, her accent seeping into her voice. "I usually save the professing for the professors but I can be all academic when I wanna be sometimes. I just don't wanna be - I'm not an English major."

<Fabian> "Maybe I like you poetrying at me. Come, woo me with sweet words even though most of poetry is either morbid or only romantic in really, really strange ways."

<@Cecilia> Cecilia smirked slightly, Fabian probably hadn't heard this one. "Did you hear about the rose that grew from a crack in the concrete? Proving nature's law is wrong it learned to walk without having feet. Funny it seems, but by keeping its dreams, it learned to breathe fresh air. Long live the rose that grew from concrete when no one else ever cared."

<@Cecilia> ((The Rose That Grew From Concrete by Tupac Shakur (Link: http://www.poemhunter.com/poem/the-rose ... oncrete-2/)http://www.poemhunter.com/poem/the-rose ... oncrete-2/ ))

<Fabian> "There we go, you've officially wooed me with poetry. I can't wait to tell everyone." Fabian pulled one of his blankets on over them, toeing off his shoes. "I know neither of us are going to sleep but we may as well be as comfortable as we can."

<@Cecilia> "What no wooing me back?" Cecilia teased, settling in closer to him. "How am I the man here? You must've been forced to learn some Shakespeare in that classical education of yours. You're not gonna make me do all the work now, are you?"

<Fabian> "Do you really want to be pelted with nerdy poems that might possibly be about lesbian vampires?"

<@Cecilia> "There's a lesbian vampire poem?!" Cecilia exclaimed. "Outside of Twilight? You're shitting me...and why do I remind you of lesbian vampires?!"

<Fabian> "You don't, it's just the first poem that came into my mind at talking about learning about poetry. Christabel, it's a Coleridge poem. Now I've broken your mind with the darker recesses of poetry."

<Cecilia> "Never heard of it," Cecilia said. "But it's sounds epic." She sighed. "I wish it wasn't my birthday right now."

<@Fabian> "Shh, we'll make your birthday good, don't worry. So far you've talked about strange poetry and cuddled in bed for your birthday, that's not so bad."

<Cecilia> "Yeah, I also got to go to the doctor, bawled my eyes out and fainted in your bathroom - when I wasn't drinking," Cecilia deadpanned, looking away. "Sorry...I'm just not up to being happy right now...you'll have to give me a little while."

<Cecilia> She shuffled closer and buried her face in Fabian's shoulder. "Well, the only good thing that'll come out of this is this day couldn't possibly be worse than the one before." Or could it? Said a sinister voice. "...At least nobody's gonna get torn in half at my uncle's house."

<@Fabian> "I can try being patient I suppose." Fabian sighed dramatically, settling in better and putting his free hand behind his head. "Though I'm looking forward to getting to your uncle's house and seeing what gets set on fire."

<Cecilia> Cecilia's lips twisted slightly. "Don't make me laugh - I'm pissed off." She poked him gently in the chest. "You think we set things on fire all the time there?...Oh, wait. We do...never-mind."

<@Fabian> "Which is why I thought you would enjoy the holiday log burning at my house." Fabian chuckled. "And you know you enjoy me making you laugh. It's my job."

<Cecilia> "I liked most everything at your house," Cecilia said, smiling now. "It was a good time there." She smirked and made a talking motion with her hands. "That and talking my ear off - chatterbox. I do enjoy it though, I laugh a lot but it's rare I find someone that makes me really laugh."

<@Fabian> "What can I say? I continue to be delightful." Fabian preened, offering her a smile and glad to see one on her face as well.

<Cecilia> "Will you continue to delight me on my birthday?" Cecilia teased. "...'Cause I need it something awful. What a shit day..."

<@Fabian> "I'll continue to be delightful always!"