4/22 Instance: Sewing Up Friendships

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

4/22 Instance: Sewing Up Friendships

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

timeline: current

Paige: Paige bounced around the sewing lab, plopping down on a rolly stool to glide to one of the machines. She felt bad about canceling so many classes, but with everyone out doing patrols, it was empty anyway. Now it was catch up time... final projects!

Mayday: With a low sigh, Mayday looked up at her teacher, smiling wryly. At least someone seemed to be in high spirits given the circumstances. She went back to her sketches, double-checking measurements on her own project.

Mayday: Taking a deep breath, she jotted down a few notes, sitting back in her chair and rubbing her temple. She couldn't focus at all, and the harder she tried the more difficult it was.

Paige: Paige wheeled over to Mayday next, brilliant smile already in place. "And hoooooooooooow are we doing over here?!"

Mayday: "....are you serious?", Mayday breathed, "Is it not written all over my face?", she shook her head, "I just...I can't. I can't do this...", she stood up dropping her pen and making for the door.

Paige: Paige was quick to grab for Mayday's hand. "May... wait," she told her gently.

Mayday: Stopping at the touch, Mayday turned around, "What?", she managed with a shaky voice, "And I swear, if you tell me it's gonna be ok...", she sniffed, "...I-I just...I can't do this, I can't!"

Paige: Paige got up, pulling Mayday with her captured hand into a protective hug. "You don't have to do anything you don't want to. And I assume you don't mean the project... because that can wait. It's not a big deal at all."

Mayday: "I can't do this anymore!", Mayday confessed, bursting into tears and burying her head in Paige's chest, "I just can't! All this suffering, all this pain! I can't! I just can't do this anymore!", her sobs turned into wailing, all the hurt coming forth in droves as she trembled.

Paige: Paige bit her lip, tears spilling from her eyes too. She held Mayday tighter, just letting her cry.

Mayday: And cry Mayday did. Minutes passed with no sound but her crying breaking the silence of the classroom. Her sadness becoming fatigue, she felt herself stumble a little bit, leaning on Paige a little bit before moving back, wiping her eyes, "I-I'm sorry... I'm sorry...", she stammered out, still trembling.

Paige: "Let's go sit in my office," Paige suggested gently, sliding her arm around Mayday to lead her that way.

Mayday: Nodding, the younger redhead let herself be led away, eyes fixed on her feet the entire way there. Once inside, she stood, picking at the bottom of her sweatshirt awkwardly, "C-can...c-can I have some water please?"

Paige: Paige gently steered Mayday to the pink couch, going to her pink mini fridge for a bottle of water. "Here you go, sweetie." She handed it to her, moving to sit down on the couch herself.

Mayday: Thanking her, Mayday opened the bottle, sipping from it with minimal grace and managing to spill a few drops onto her chin and chest. She sighed, wiping both with her sleeve, "S-sorry...", she murmurred, turning a little to look at Paige, sniffling and wiping her eyes.

Paige: "Eve and I left the school because of all the things that happened around here. Because we thought that running away and hiding from it would keep us safe and we could live our our lives quietly."

Mayday: "Y-your ex?", Mayday hazarded, nodding all the same, "I-it's just...too hard, Professor. I-I can't. I can't do this anymore, it hurts. I-I just wanted a home, somewhere I could be happy, actually happy, but....my powers are gone. Maybe that was the first sign...but now...",

Mayday: She shook her head, leaning forward onto her knees, "...I just want to be away from here. I'm scared, I'm hurt, and I can't...I just can't bear it!"

Paige: "May, I understand all of that. That's exactly how we felt all those years ago. So go. Take a break. Take all summer. Get away and just have fun and be yourself... but listen... May... it isn't as glamorous as it sounds. Hiding that is. Running away. Bad things still happen. Bad things happen to people who leave and people who stay. It's just..."

Paige: She took Mayday's hands in her own. "I didn't want to be an x-man when I came back for a reason, but now... I see that life is full of all these good things and bad things. And they don't take away from the other. And I focus on those good things. The people who matter. And this semester, being back here... and watching all of that happen all over again? And knowing I did nothing? It's the most horrible feeling. I don't want that for you... so please... just take your time and think about things."

Mayday: Mayday squeezed her hand back, nodding slowly, ".....I just....don't know who I wanna be anymore....when I look at that mask, I just....", she shook her head, "....I don't even know....it feels wrong."

Paige: "Take the summer off, sweetie. Give it some time. Don't make the decision right now."

Mayday: Remaining silent, Mayday simply nodded, "....m-maybe...that's the best, yeah.", she sighed, leaning on Paige's shoulder, "Thank you, Professor. I'm....I-I'm really sorry."

Paige: "I don't know what you are sorry for," Paige rested her head against Mayday's. "Taking a break is just what you need. And some gummy bears."

Mayday: "Heh...thanks, but no thanks.", Mayday grinned, "I-I get really sick if I eat candy after crying. Like...really sick.", she moved away, wiping her face again, "It's like...rainbow puke."

Paige: "I... I... my life would suck if I couldn't eat candy! How do you think I bounce back to smiles so fast?!" Paige smiled at Mayday.

Mayday: Mayday snorted a little, "Honestly? I thought you might....I dunno, drink coffee or something...", she laughed a little bit, "But no, the more and more I think about it, you're clearly a candy addict."

Paige: "Weeeeeeeeeellllllllllllllllll I do that toooo!" Paige giggled. "It's both!"

Mayday: "You know, you can get diabetes like that....right?", Mayday asked her, only half serious as she smiled along with Paige's giggling, feeling better for doing so, "That much sugar has to be fatal for regular people..."

Paige: "Regular people yes. Noooooooot for Paiges!"

Mayday: "...what, like 'Paiges' are some kind of...", Mayday shuddered, "All I can picture are tiny pink sprites with unicorn horns and fairy wings eating candy day in, day out...", she scratched her head, "Like a tiny race of magical, sugar-fueled weavers..."

Paige: Paige got a dreamy look in her eyes, sighing a bit. "Ohhhh if only!"

Mayday: "No, no, seriously: you could mess around with Danger and make a whole thing of it!", the redhead persisted, "I mean, imagine...like an interactive kids story book, but with these little creatures...", she hummed, "We should write this."

Paige: "After we danger room it. Come on!" Paige was on her feet.

Mayday: Mayday stood, but shook her head, "Right now, I-I just....I kinda wanna just sleep. I-is that ok?", she looked nervous, "I-I feel like I'm being a huge downer, but....."

Paige: "Awwwwwwwwww yeah that's ok. It gives you something to look forward to!"

Mayday: Smiling a little, Mayday nodded, "Y-yeah. Thanks again.", she held out her arms nervously for a hug goodbye.

Paige: Paige gladly pulled Mayday into another hug. "I'm here for you, ok?"

Mayday: Nodding against her, Mayday giggled despite her heavy heart, "Yeah...I know. Thank you."