4/23 Instance: The Perfect Day

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

4/23 Instance: The Perfect Day

Post by Ferguson »

Timelined May 1st

<Cecilia> Cecilia rapped on the doorframe to Mayday's room before poking her head in. "Hey, girl! Happy Birthday!" She laughed, holding up a box wrapped up to look like a blue telephone booth. "Can I come in? I come bearing gifts."

<Mayday> "Y-yeah! Yeah, sure.", Mayday turned her head to her friend, shuffling around from where she was sat on her bed, with a card in hand, "I just...I got left this and a parcel from Sue. Not....not sure how to....aaah, you know?", she smiled weakly, "...sorry, just....I don't even know."

<Cecilia> She blinked. "Oh...well, I guess she cares after all?" Cecilia said, wincing a little as she came in and sat down on the bed. "Maybe it's an olive branch."

<Mayday> Mayday shook her head, "I don't know....I gotta be honest, I didn't really feel that bad about us ending. And when she couldn't even show care...a-after...everything that happened on the mission.", letting out a breath, she scratched her head, "No, I-I don't wanna think about it.",

<Mayday> Smiling again, she placed the card atop the box that accompanied it and placed it beside Cinnamon's tank. The curious spider merely dribbling his response to the other objects occupying his shelf as he eyeballed them.

<Mayday> "So!", she sat back down, grinning at Cecilia, "You said 'gifts'!"

<Cecilia> "...I can't believe I'm saying this...but it is possible to be friends with your ex. Fabian's still friends with Clarice...though granted, that split was more amicable." Cecilia frowned, she still wasn't entirely sure how she felt about that even now. Despite her best efforts and all the evidence to the contrary, it still made her jealous.

<Cecilia> "Your wish is my command," Cecilia said wryly, handing out the gift. "Happy Birthday, May! I hope you enjoyed your teens 'cause they're gone forever now!"

<Mayday> "Oh, frickin' staaahp.", Mayday groaned, shaking her head, "I'm an old woman. I'm twenty and I'm old. I hate my life. And I hate you for reminding me...", she stuck her tongue out at Cecilia, "Those presents had better be good, you jerk."

<Cecilia> "Oh, quit your bitching!" Cecilia laughed. "I'm only a year younger, few days from this time next year you can tell me the same thing. Now hurry up and open your gift before I change my mind."

<Mayday> Shrugging, Mayday conceeded, "Fiiiiiine.", she smirked, stroking the parcel with her hand, "Aww, it's TARDIS shaped! I already love it! What did you get me?", she giggled, "Oh, God....did you get me a David Tennant? I will love you forever if you got me a David Tennant...."

<Cecilia> "Sorry, Pond." Cecilia chuckled, Mayday reminded her of Amy Pond in the show. "No Tennant...wait, did the Tennant guy have Pond? I keep getting them mixed up, you're gonna have to watch more with me so I remember."

<Mayday> Mayday sighed, shaking her head at the other girl, "Tennant had Rose, Martha and Donna. Oh, and Sarah-Jane made a cameo a few times, God rest her.", she slid a finger along the side of the box package, being as gentle as she could to open it up and beaming at the contents, "Aaah! This is so cute!"

<Mayday> She opened the box, taking out the miniature Dalek and gently stroking it, "Cecilia, this is such a great gift! Thanks so much!"

<Cecilia> "...Wait, how come Tennant had three girls all to himself and the other one was stuck in some triangle with Pond's fiance?" Cecilia laughed. "I thought you might like it. I just hope it doesn't traumatize Cinnamon too much."

<Mayday> "Cinnamon's a pacifist, I don't know how he'd fare against 'Dalek Cobalt' here.", Mayday poked its eye, "Also, Matt Smith had Pond and that other chick, Oswin? And that other one....", she shrugged, "Aaah, I'm more of a fan of the oldies - I only know Tennant 'cause of online rows...",

<Cecilia> "He better be 'cause I don't know who told you they can defang tarantula's, May, but I know them from where I was born and there's no fucking way that can be done - not that I've heard of!"

<Cecilia> She stood up and grabbed May's arm. "But I have something else for you, too! It's out front though."

<Mayday> Mayday blinked, "O-oh, well, that's an interes-...", she stopped, dropping the box and stumbling to her feet with Dalek in hand, "W-what? Are we....what did you get?"

<Cecilia> "Hey, don't worry, nobody dies from a tarantula bite - or at least my brother didn't." She smiled and made her way to the door. "You'll see, just...I may have looked through your phone contact's list when you were in the bathroom the other day. So don't be too mad."

<Mayday> Blushing, the redhead shook her friend's arm with her own, "Heeeey, who did you call!? Y-you didn't find that girl from the other night, right? Please tell me you didn't! Wait, do I even have her number? Damn, I shoul-....hey, wait!", she realized they were half way down the stairs, "Cecilia! What did you doooo?"

<Cecilia> "Don't worry, I only called a stripper!" Cecilia said, laughing. "Nothing tasteless or anything!"

<Mayday> "Oh, oh, a stripper isn't tasteless?", Mayday grinned, "Seriously, who is it?", she laughed, following her to the front door, "If I get 'Punked', I'm gonna seriously kick your ass...."

<Cecilia> "Jesus, have a little faith in me!" Cecilia laughed, throwing open the doors. "I'm not that terrible!"

<Cecilia> Richard Parker looked up from his phone where he was just about to text the two girls to see where they were. "There you are. Happy Birthday, Mayday!" He smiled. "Best wishes for the coming year!"

<Mayday> Mayday stopped dead, gasping in surprise before pulling her hand free from Cecilia and leaping onto her father, snuggling against him tightly, "OhmyGod, Daddy!", she laughed, "Aaah! This is the best day eveeeerrr!!!"

<Cecilia> Cecilia smiled, making her way slowly over to the father and daughter pair. "I thought that might make you happy."

<Richard> Richard was having a little trouble breathing from Mayday's proportional strength but he didn't say anything to spoil the moment. "Cecilia called me a few days ago. She told me that your birthday was today and suggested we take you out to celebrate - I hope thats okay..." he said, a little worried it wouldn't be.

<Mayday> "It's the BEST thing ANYONE has ever said EVER!", Mayday assured him, rubbing her head against his jacket before moving away, "I am so happy I think I might explode!", she laughed, cheeks red as her hair as she hopped up to kiss her father's cheek.

<Mayday> She turned to look over her shoulder, "Cee, this is the best present ever!", she charged her friend with a hug also.

<Cecilia> "You say that now, but just wait till I tell the waiter it's your birthday, then you'll have to endure the birthday embarrassment song."

<Richard> "Are you girls all set?" Richard asked, opening the passenger and backseat doors for them. "We got that reservation to keep!"

<Mayday> Mayday spun around, raising her hand, "Shotgun!!!", she announced, hopping over to the vehicle, "Aaah! Wait, wait! I have to go get...ooh! I'm gonna go wear the hoodie I got from Hisako!", she looked down at the Dalek, "And....put this upstairs - I'll be one sec!", she darted off calling back to them, "Don't leave without me!"

<Richard> Richard laughed at the sudden vault. "I'll never get used to that...don't worry - you're the birthday girl! We not going anywhere without you!"

<Cecilia> ((Time Passes))

<Cecilia> "Y'know, I don't think I've ever been here," Cecilia said, digging into her hamburger, taking in the establishment that was TGI Fridays. "No, definitely haven't."

<Mayday> Having been extremely careful to pull up the sleeves of the hoodieHisako had bought her, Mayday made a muffled hum over the mouthful of burger (containing a myriad of things per her request), "Mmph...", she swallowed her mouthful, "I love TGI Fridays. It's the best. I used to come when I felt like a fat loser.", she laughed, snorting in the nerdy little way she sometimes did.

<Cecilia> Cecilia gave Mayday's slim, athletic figure a look that screamed 'please.' "Sister," she said, raising an eyebrow. "Have you seen my ass and thighs? If you're a fat loser, then I'm Cleveland's Next Top Model."

<Richard> Richard looked concerned. "You're just fine the way you are, Mayday. I wouldn't worry about things like that."

<Mayday> "No! I mean, not that I've ever been fat...", Mayday explained, rolling her eyes at herself, "My metabolism is hella high.", she blinked at Cecilia, "N-not that you're fat! You are so not fat. Right, Dad?"

<Richard> "No, not at all," Richard agreed. "Not that you can be with all the superheroeing you girls do...is it a requirement to work out at the school? Do you have practice drills or something?"

<Cecilia> She just grinned at the two Parkers. "I don't think I am now...but thanks, I appreciate it." She leaned back in her chair. "Just watch though, once I stop taking Lehnsherr's gym class and get out in the real world it'll all be over. I have a few kids and everything's gonna be shot to hell," she smiled.

<Mayday> Snorting at her friend, Mayday shook her head, "Until Fabian has more 'Cecilia' in him? The world needs less 'Fabian'.", she giggled, "Much as I love him.", turning to her father she hummed, "Er....well, we practice in the Danger Room: like, it's a VR style thing, l-like a Holodeck, only actually real.",

<Cecilia> "Don't hold your breath," Cecilia snorted. "He's not changing and neither am I - well, not significantly, at any rate."

<Richard> "Really?" Richard asked, fascinated by this. "You have to be kidding. That's amazing! You mean to say that you can call up any scenario by programming it into a computer and fighting 'hard light' constructs?" He said, making air quotes on 'hard light.'

<Mayday> "Yes.", Mayday answered, "In....in short. It's er...it's kinetic barriers. Force-fields and photon manipulation. Also it's ruled by.....I-I mean it's taken care of by an actual AI."

<Richard> "You're kidding," Richard said, amazed. "That's not...that's impossible!"

<Cecilia> Cecilia laughed. "You'll believe I can create force fields with my mind and Mayday has the physiology of a Black Arrow spider but not in an AI? Jesus, after this year I'd believe almost anything."

<Mayday> Mayday raised her eyebrow at her father, "You have a daughter who's an international superhero, who goes to a school for people with super powers.", she nudged him with an arm gently, "Who says 'impossible'?"

<Richard> Richard laughed. "Well, I guess I shouldn't anymore, should I?"

<Cecilia> Cecilia beckoned a server over and whispered something in his ear. He nodded and hurried off. "'By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired,'" Cecilia said, sipping her drink. "Kafka, there."

<Mayday> "Wow...", Mayday nodded, "'Wibbly-wobbly-timey-wimey'.", she responded, sipping from her cola, "Doctor Who, there!"

<Cecilia> Cecilia snorted. "You're a travesty to the academic community," she teased. "What's everybody gonna say if you don't know any Kafka?"

<Richard> Richard looked up as a long line of servers marched into the restaurant, holding a large cake with sparklers on it. "~Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday dear Maaaydayyy! Happy Birthday to you!~"

<Mayday> Flushing a deep red, Mayday laughed shyly, leaning back as the cake was presented. She couldn't help but let her giggle-snort happen, covering her face with both her hands before taking in a breath to blow out the candle, making a mental note of the wish.

<Richard> "Happy Birthday, sweetheart!" Richard said, squeezing his daughters hand. "I hope this year is a wonderful one!" He got up. "Oh, Cecilia! Could you take a picture of us with the cake?"

<Cecilia> Cecilia nodded. "Sure," she said, taking the camera and snapping a photo of the two smiling over the cake. "Happy Birthday May!"

<Mayday> Post picture, Mayday hugged her father again, giving him a loving squeeze, "This is the best day ever, ever, ever!!", she actually felt her eyes water a little, "Thank you! Thank you so much! I'm so happy!"

<Richard> Richard gave Mayday a hug back. "You have your whole life ahead of you, May. There'll be many good days, but I'm so glad this one of them. Thank you for having me here to celebrate your birthday."

<Cecilia> Cecilia chuckled, handing Richard the camera. "That's the idea," she said. "Now...you gonna cut that cake or are we gonna sit here and watch it melt?"

<Mayday> Sniffling a little bit, Mayday shook her head, "Not done!", she let a few joyful tears come free from her face as she held her father close, moving away after a moment to sit and wipe her eyes on her napkin. She swore this was the happiest she'd ever been in her life. And everything was magical.

<Mayday> "Ok...", she exhaled, laughing a little at herself, "Ok, so: cake before we finish actual food? I'm happy and I'm feelin' dangerous..."