4/23 Instance: Too Soon for Puns

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

4/23 Instance: Too Soon for Puns

Post by Slarti »

Timelined sometime after The End of the Road

<Lorna> Lorna sat cross-legged inside the Lego fort, changing Ripley and attempting silly faces although she was about to nod off herself. "So have they scheduled the staff meeting yet? I figure after everything we're going to have a lot to talk about."

<Bobby> He was making enough silly faces for both of them, leaning down to blow a raspberry on the baby's stomach and enjoying the squeals and giggles. He sat up, running his hand through his hair. "I haven't heard if they have. I think everybody is still in shock."

<Bobby> "I mean, we've been through a lot of shi... stuff, but this is a lot."

<Lorna> "Yeah, that we have, just redoing the security alone because of Eddie and then the funerals...sometimes I really wonder how it is we keep students." Lorna sighed, sitting back and chuckling at Bobby and Ripley.

<Bobby> "No kidding, babe. I wonder why we're still here sometimes," he said, lying down beside the baby and careful not to knock anything over. He tickled her tummy again.

<Lorna> "Well, I suppose you've got a government job now and I could always join Howlett on Broadway if I wheedled with him enough and bought him flowers." Lorna joked...although, sometimes it seemed like a thing she could consider but she still loved this place.

<Bobby> "Ha! Yeah, take Ripley with you and dress her in blue and you're a shoe-in." Bobby grinned, leaning in to brush his nose against Ripley. "Yes she is! She is! Isn't she?" he gushed in a high voice.

<Lorna> "Hey, as long as I don't go all Gypsy stage mom on her I think we'd have a pretty good go at things, even if I do like to sing Rose's Turn." Lorna chuckled again, unfolding herself and standing up. "So...there's a part in me that's tempted to leave the Legos up until they just come down naturally."

<Bobby> "The Legos are pretty wicked awesome," he said, approving with a nod and picking Ripley up to roll onto his back and bounce her on his chest.

<Lorna> "I'm surprised they stayed up as well as they did, the tauntaun ram wasn't nearly as effective as I thought it would be." Lorna stole tickles and kisses once Ripley was up. "Are we doing the right thing staying here?"

<Bobby> "I don't know, babe," he sighed, smile fading a little. "I mean... fu- effing cannibals! How do you see that coming? And now, with Ripley..."

<Lorna> "Yeah, but the cannibals basically got the whole city...and if you move to an island it ends up getting attacked and God knows what else. I guess shi-...things happen everywhere."

<Bobby> "I know... it just sometimes seems like we're sitting ducks all grouped together here. Even living on the SHIELD base might be safer." He shrugged as best as he could while holding a baby over his head, lowering her face to his for a kiss before he smoothly got up with her.

<Lorna> "I don't know...I always fear that Fury's missing eye is actually a personal drone he's mechanized to fly through any given base. Plus I'm creeped out by having underwear labeled Property of SHIELD."

<Bobby> Bobby laughed. "These are very valid concerns. There's always St. Louis or Reno?"

<Lorna> "Love your mother, don't want to live near your father." She had to laugh as well. "And I love my dad but I'm just not sure I could go back at this point, what about you?"

<Lorna> "Plus we sort of have to stay near, Hope and all."

<Bobby> "Yeaaah, and about that..." He settled Ripley on his hip and slid his free arm around Lorna. "I apparently might of kind of have to go to England with her, for Johnny's funeral."

<Lorna> "...bring us back something at least?" Lorna looked hopeful. "Though, after everything, even though we'd be going for a funeral I wouldn't think it'd be amiss to maybe...slip me along?" Lorna looked to Ripley though. "But I'm not so sure about baby's first plane trip being this quick..."

<Bobby> "Well, she would fit in a carry-on," he said, jiggling the baby, "but I think they might notice if I smuggled you along..." Bobby leaned in and kissed Lorna's cheek. "Seriously though, I did think of that and I can check with Fury to see if it's at all doable. I think a vacation would be good."

<Lorna> "A vacation would be fantastic." Lorna had to admit. "I mean...sort of sick to think of a student's funeral arrangements and a vacation at the same time I suppose."

<Bobby> "....we put the fun in funeral?" He gave her a sickly grin, eyebrows up. "Too soon?"

<Lorna> "...it's never too soon for puns." Lorna admitted. "But we might want to keep them between the two of us." She pulled a slight face but, no, she had to give into the dark humour chuckle. "Johnny was a good kid, I still remember his Phantom...that was hilarious."

<Bobby> "Yeah, he was... and that... that's an end I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy." He shook his head and sighed. "And what's worse, I noticed Hope wearing a ring... you know, a ring."

<Lorna> "...yeah, sort of makes me think about what if you hadn't been able to pull yourself back together about the whole me and Malice thing while we were in Essex's fun times pokey lab."

<Bobby> "I know." Bobby kissed her forehead, then moved close to hug her awkwardly with baby in the middle. Ripley rediscovered her mommy's hair with a squeal.

<Lorna> "Lookit what you found!" Lorna squealed for Ripley as she gently attempted to detach herself from her very pleased and flailing daughter. "You wanna make mommy bald, don't you, don't you?"

<Bobby> "It's vengeance for the hats, babe." He grinned at his wife and daughter. "I know this is lame, but... I love you. Just... felt like I should say it, considering everything."

<Lorna> "I love you, too, Sweetcheeks. We're always good to be lame together."

<Bobby> "We were made to be lame together," he nodded, kissing Ripley's cheek. "We have proof!"

<Lorna> "We do! We made proof! Proofception!"

<Bobby> "Okay, so... plan is to smuggle you in my luggage, but what do we do with the munchkin?"

<Lorna> That was a good question. "Well...I don't know. Sort of sucks to leave her here with someone but there isn't really much we could do with her there. I bet Auntie Rogue would loooove to have a munchkin?"

<Bobby> "Oh, I'm sure she would. Should we lay down ground rules like no taking Ripley on her motorcycle of death?"

<Lorna> "Buy extra gloves, too." Lorna nodded, chuckling a bit. "And maybe we should guard against southern accents but there's only so much we can do."

<Bobby> "Ack! What if her first word is y'all?" Bobby shuddered, closing one eye and giving it the full show, much to the baby's delight.

<Lorna> "Don't say such unspeakable things! This will be the Word Which Must Not Be Named." Lorna flailed to add to the entertainment for Ripley.

<Bobby> Ripley's giggles made Bobby laugh harder, shaking his head. "Yeeaaah, we need a vacation. To England!"

<Lorna> "To England! And maybe we'll get a corgi."
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

Re: 4/23 Instance: Too Soon for Puns

Post by Esynthia »

Yay vacation! And DUH! Auntie Rogue would LOVE to watch Ripley! And she will do her darndest to make SURE her first word is y'all. :toothy

I. Love. Lorby. So very very much. <3 I can't wait to see their shenanigans in England!
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Re: 4/23 Instance: Too Soon for Puns

Post by steyn »

Hee, same here!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord