4/26 Instance: Apology Noted

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

4/26 Instance: Apology Noted

Post by Ferguson »

Current Timeline

<Cecilia> Cecilia sat at the kitchen counter watching the coffee drips sloooowly from the machine into her cup, sighing. It seemed this machine was hell bent on not giving her coffee when she needed it. It wasn't fair, she needed coffee in the morning and she needed it right away. Especially now that she couldn't sleep as well as she used to.

<Cecilia> Drip, drip, drip. This was taking forever. "Goddammit!" she said, smacking the side of the machine. "Stop fucking around and give me my coffee you stupid bitch!"

<Sue> Sue wandered down to the kitchen with the gerbil in a bubble floating serenely ahead of her. "What am I going to do with you?" She frowned at it, "Can't take you home with me..." she heard the voice and poked her head inside, "Are you in the market for a possibly homicidal glow-in-the-dark gerbil, by any chance?" She cast her eyes around the kitchen for a suitable container.

<Cecilia> Cecilia frowned at the gerbil. "Sorry, I don't do rodents." They reminded her of the rats in the slum and the Bronx, their beady little eyes watching her from the shadows - disgusting. "And I got four seahorses depending on me right now." She shrugged. "Someone'll take them, I sure."

<Sue> "Them? Only one... I called it Johnny." She dropped said gerbil into a plastic food container and created a lid with her field until she could make holes in the actual lid. "He was a science experiment that we thought the Lizard ate..." She blinked. "... That sounded less fucked up in my head, I swear." She eyeballed the gerbil, "Hey! Knock it off you freakishly strong little shit!" It was making a valiant attempt to run the container off the table.

<Cecilia> Cecilia just watched this scene, waiting for the point to show up. "I'm surprised you bothered to ask me at all, after all, aren't I the reason that gerbil's namesake is dead?" she said more than a little bitterly. "Clearly I can't be trusted, since y'know, I was also somehow two-timing for the cannibal cult."

<Sue> Sue blinked at her, "Did I say that?" She caught the container as it slipped off the table and popped the proper lid on, then looked for something heavy to put on it. "I don't think I said that... I definitely don't remember saying that."

<Cecilia> Cecilia just raised an eyebrow. "Lemme refresh your memory. You said and I quote: 'Are you fucking happy now? You've been wishing for this all along. Aren't you going to say I told you so?'"

<Cecilia> "Then when I asserted that I didn't feel or want any of that you proceeded to say: 'Liar. Ever since he was taken you've said he was dead. You wanted it to end this way just so you get to be right again. You don't care. You never cared about saving him.'"

<Cecilia> She turned and picked up her now full coffee cup. "You then proceeded to call me a 'selfish, tactless cow' and told me I could go fuck myself," she finished, with a raised eyebrow. "So...that happened."

<Sue> Sue groaned and scrubbed her face with her hands, "Okay... yeah... I remember bits of that... but I definitely didn't say you were a cannibal... and you had been saying he was dead all along.... and Rachel said that too... and I was angry... and he'd just died and then you were telling me I didn't do enough and you did more and I guess it hit a nerve?" She flopped into a chair.

<Cecilia> "No, you didn't accuse me of being one but you did imply I was helping them - just like Ed did less than few weeks ago - you remember Ed, right? Tall, dark and handsome? Attacked two members of the staff and myself before going on to assault our field leader?" she said flatly. "Funny how things turn out, huh? Just a few weeks ago you said I'd be apologizing for being a bitch to him."

<Cecilia> "Anyways," she said, sipping her coffee. "I'm aware what I said could've been timed better - for that I apologize, but the fact that you were accusing me of not doing enough at time? That didn't exactly tickle either. I didn't want John to die. I had hope we'd find him, otherwise I'd never have looked in the first place."

<Sue> "No one did enough... not fast enough anyway... but that's not anyone's fault but Xavier's... he could have used his telepathy - Jean proved that. But he didn't...." She sighed, "And I didn't know Eddie was going to do all those other things. I didn't know he'd attacked anyone... I've been so out of the loop because all I've done is sleep and look for Johnny... so to be told I've been slacking off was hurtful and, yes, your timing was shit."

<Sue> She raked her fingers through her hair, "I'm still angry that more wasn't done sooner... I don't think I'll stop being angry... but I'm not angry at you specifically..." she frowned, "I think... though maybe there's some hostility there because I do remember knocking you over which was totally unintentional... so, sorry about that.... I tried to fix it..."

<Cecilia> "Charles does what he can - he's powerful but he's not God," Cecilia said, feeling somewhat defensive of the man who'd been charitable enough to offer her a home and a free university education while asking nothing in return. "I don't know why Jean was able to do it - she shouldn't have. So until a better explanation comes along I'd call it a miracle."

<Cecilia> Cecilia laughed a little incredulously. "We all did what we could, as fast as we could, with the information we had at the time. John's death isn't the X-Men's fault - we didn't kill him - the cannibals did."

<Sue> "And if we weren't all collected in a nice little box called XU, we wouldn't have made ourselves such an inviting target for cannibals. Like it or not, this place takes a lot of the blame. And Johnny wouldn't even have been going to uni if it wasn't for Xavier and his club so I think I'll be blaming him for a very long time. And no one has the right to tell me not to. Not until they lose someone the same way."

<Cecilia> Cecilia studied Sue for a long time over her cup. "I think you're blaming the victim more than a little there - but I'm not gonna argue with you. You've already made up your mind so doing so would be a waste of both our time and you've a right to your opinion, however misguided it might be."

<Cecilia> She leaned against the counter. "For what it's worth, I am sorry for your loss. My father was murdered as well - so while I can't relate to the cult thing, I can relate to the nature of the death."

<Sue> "Saying my opinion is misguided basically just invalidates it, FYI." Sue lay her head on the table and frowned at the gerbil. He was totally faking sleep. "So just... how about we don't talk about that anymore and remember that I have just lost my little brother and still feel like shit for not being able to protect him when it's the whole reason I'm even at this stupid school."

<Cecilia> Cecilia just gave her a hard smile. "I'll try," she said, lifting her right hand and displaying the stitches that had knitted the damaged tissue back together. "If I forget though, I have a reminder." Now apologize to me, dammit.

<Sue> Sue turned her head a little at the movement, frowning at the sight of the stitches and wondering what that had to do with anything until the images came back to her. She'd seen something but she hadn't been sure what was happening with all the other things going on around her at the time. She lifted her head, "Did I...? Was that my fault?"

<Cecilia> "Well, the group of cultists that swarmed me and shot my shields down and tried to slit my throat had something to do with it," she laughed harshly, "but being knocked down by you certainly helped."

<Sue> Sue hid her face in her hands. "Damn it... I'm so sorry... is it going to heal okay?"

<Cecilia> Cecilia chuckled. "I'll be able to be a surgeon just fine now that they've been sewn back together and the feeling's come back and even if that hadn't worked there's the healing professor....granted she can't re-grow a finger if you lose it but still."

<Sue> "Well... that's good then..." she offered a small sheepish smile, "I'm really sorry...."

<Cecilia> Cecilia smirked and dropped her cup into the sink. "Apology noted."

<Cecilia> She dusted off her hands and smoothing down her shirt. "Anyways, I got places to be so...I'll see you around, I guess."

<Sue> "Yeah... maybe... invisible and all that..." she sighed, "And this might be my last week here anyway... good luck with the school thing..." she tapped the side of the container to check the status of sleeping gerbil-Johnny.

<Cecilia> "No luck required," Cecilia said, wandering out. "It's alllll skill here."