4/28 Instance: Sacrifices Must Be Made

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

4/28 Instance: Sacrifices Must Be Made

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

timeline: day after Honey Boo Boo Hootenanny

Rachel: There was a sharp, throbbing pain in her neck, and it took Rachel a few moments to work out why. Inhaling sharply, she pulled her head up and rolled her shoulders, muscles aching throughout her back as well. As she shifted uncomfortably, opening her eyes to look up and down the hall, she pushed herself to her feet and turned to try the knob to the bedroom door, vaguely remembering she'd slept sitting with her back against the wall because she'd been locked out.

Paige: Paige was nearly finished getting ready for the day. She glared at the door knob as it made a noise, huffing a bit as she put on her final touches.

Rachel: Now that she was far more with it, she simply unlocked the door with her telekinesis and shut the door behind her. Rubbing at her shoulder, she kicked her shoes off and debated whether she even wanted to change into anything. No. At the very least, she didn't want to sleep in her skinny jeans, but it'd be effort to take them off, too.

Paige: "Well I hope you had a smashing good time." Paige spat out a bit, slipping her shoes on.

Rachel: Rachel groggily blinked over at her girlfriend and tried rolling her shoulders in another attempt to ease the tension. "Um, yeah... I did...?"

Paige: "Well, when you go check into rehab, I'm not waiting for you to get out." She got to her feet, hands finding their way to her hips. "Oh wait. You wouldn't think to do something like that. My bad."

Rachel: Pushing her hand through her hair, she stared blankly for a few moments, only managing, "What?"

Paige: "In what world is getting stoned a good idea, let alone stoned with a student? Are you aware of how much of a bitch you were?"

Rachel: "...Yes," Rachel answered, slowly nodding after taking a moment to think about everything her and Fabian had down the night before. Rubbing at the back of her neck, she started back toward the bed and shrugged before flopping down, "What's wrong with hanging out with a friend and smoking?" That seemed like a relatively normal time to her.

Paige: "Oh where do I begin!? He's a student and you are a professor. It is ILLEGAL. You are a watched terrorist. Drugs are addicting. I mean fuck, Rachel! Acid, pot... what's next?! Heroine!?"

Rachel: "...Who cares?" Rachel answered in response to the whole teacher/student thing, not quite seeing the big deal in that... or any of it. It wasn't like Xavier could get rid of her due to the terrorist part. She'd been released into the school's custody. As for the rest of it, she simply replied, "I know... I don't need you to lecture me about my legal status or drugs."

Paige: "So you just don't CARE? Awesome!"

Rachel: Having flopped down on the bed, Rachel rolled onto her back to look over at Paige, "What the hell is your problem?"

Paige: "I don't want to date a drug addict! That's my problem! I haven't said a word about you smoking or going out and getting so drunk your clothes don't stay on. But this? I'm not ok with this."

Rachel: "I'm not a fucking drug addict," she snapped, "And, last I heard, you weren't exactly complaining about my clothes coming off."

Paige: "Fine. Whatever. I can't be friends with Phil, but you can go get stoned with Fabian." Paige grabbed her bag from the floor.

Rachel: "What the fuck, Paige?!" It was like it was some sort of surprise she hung out with Fabian, and they did stupid things.

Paige: "What the fuck indeed! I was angry the last time you did drugs. Did you think I would magically be ok and wish you well on your self destructive road?"

Rachel: "It's like being drunk, and it's this big of a deal. I'm not on some self-destructive path," Rachel gave a roll of her eyes, properly sitting up to swing her legs over the side of the bed.

Paige: "Oh really? Then you also remember that once an addict, always an addict do you?"

Rachel: She simply stared at her for a few moments, eyebrows going up as she blinked, deciding she'd wait to see where Paige wanted to go with that before she answered.

Paige: "Didn't think so." Paige headed for the door, pausing. "Is it really such a hard thing to ask that you take care of yourself? I mean really?"

Rachel: "Hi, Pot... I'm Kettle," Rachel muttered as she stood, holding her arms out as she practically dared her, "And, go on, I really want to hear you throw something I did when I was fifteen and sixteen in my face."

Paige: "I'm reminding you that you have a history of substance abuse, and it's stupid to think that you won't get addicted. You already are! Every time you go out alone with Fabian, you do this crap. You are already addicted."

Rachel: "I don't fucking need reminding," she coldly spat as she pulled the pack of cigarettes, lighter, and iphone from her pocket. She tossed them to the floor at Paige's feet, not caring that the screen of her phone was likely to fracture, "But, since I'm clearly not allowed to do anything, here."

Paige: "You can do whatever you want. I'm not going to be a part of illegal drugs." Paige threw the cigarettes back at her, carefully setting the phone on the dresser so it wouldn't become more damaged.

Rachel: She shook her head, voice rising, "Except I can't! Because you're never fucking happy when I do!"

Paige: "Well, excuse me for giving a shit!"

Rachel: Irritably pushing a hand through her hair, Rachel grimaced at the pull in her shoulder, huffing. She averted her gaze, still shaking her head. She didn't even know what she wanted to say. Taking a seat on the bed again, she scrubbed at her face, muttering into her hands, "Just... Have fun having a life since you're allowed to have one, and I'll just hang out here from now on."

Paige: "Fine, just sulk like a two-year-old. I'm done." Paige headed for the door again.

Rachel: "Well, I don't know what else you expect me to do... I go out, and you complain about everything I do or how I'm out or who I'm with because, apparently, I can't be friends with anyone that's a student."

Paige: "Have I said a word about Mayday? No. And I don't care if you hang out with Fabian except that when you do, YOU DO ILLEGAL DRUGS. So stop putting words into my mouth and listen to what I'm fucking saying!"

Rachel: "Not since you realized I wasn't into her," Rachel answered, "People do drugs all the fucking time. It's not like I'm a junkie shooting up in a bar bathroom. I dropped acid once, and I occasionally smoke pot. It's not a big deal."

Paige: "Whatever, Rachel! I told you to do whatever the hell you want!"

Rachel: While he wouldn't have been pleased, Josh would've never said a word about this, but she was still far from willing to throw that out there. Taking a deep breath, Rachel moved to get up again and briskly crossed the room to study her face for a few moments, eventually opting to close the distance between them, catching her lips.

Paige: Paige muttered a surprised sound of protest before relaxing in the kiss, her bag dropping to the floor as she slid her arms around Rachel.

Rachel: Tangling her fingers in Paige's hair, Rachel deepened the kiss as she roughly backed her into the door, her other hand drifting down to her waist, slipping under her shirt to grip her hip. She forced herself to pull away enough to mutter against her girlfriend's mouth, "I want you to never lock me out of our fucking room again, love, and shut the hell up about my drug use for the moment."

Paige: Paige didn't point out that had she not been high, Rachel could have gotten in easily. She merely nodded, kissing Rachel again softly. She moved a hand up to Rachel's face, stroking it gently. She was not done with the drug conversation, but she'd see what Rachel did this go round. "I'm sorry," she told her softly.

Rachel: Pulling her hand from the blonde hair, as she couldn't imagine her girlfriend appreciated her messing it up since she'd just done her hair, Rachel slid her hand down to Paige's other hip and stole another kiss. She broke it off and began to ask where she was going, pausing when she noted her attire. Instead, the obvious came out, "You have class."

Paige: "Yeah I do. I'll talk to you later." Paige bent down and picked up her bag again.

Rachel: When she'd moved, Rachel had released her and taken a step back from the door, looking down to the floor as she stuttered out, "Well, you can't just...? I mean..." Giving up with a heavy sigh seemed like the best option for the moment, and her shoulders slumped as she simply added, "Yeah, later..."

Paige: "Can't just... what?" Paige asked her, looking over her shoulder.

Rachel: Rachel wanted to say stay, but she just shook her head. Usually, she'd walk with Paige if she was awake, but she had a feeling that wouldn't go over well either. "Nothing," she said quietly.

Paige: "Yeah. Bye." Paige closed the door a bit more harshly than she intended, cringing slightly.

((time passes))

Rachel: While Paige was teaching, Rachel had slipped into her office to wait for her to finish up with her classes. She'd changed into pajamas and grabbed a pillow and blanket to curl up on the couch for a nap.

Paige: Stepping into her office after class, Paige almost glared, crossing her arms a bit. "What are you doing?"

Rachel: She startled slightly at the sound of Paige's voice, as she'd been half asleep, and rolled to look over at her, cringing slightly at the look she was receiving. "I, uh... I'm waiting for you?"

Paige: "In your pajamas." Paige stated, heading to her desk.

Rachel: "Well... Yeah," Rachel bit down on her lip, rolling onto her other side in order to watch her girlfriend. Well, Paige wasn't in any better of a mood...

Paige: "Have a good nap then?"

Rachel: "It could've been better," she murmured after taking a moment to decide whether that was a trick question or not.

Paige: "I see." Paige sat down in her chair, moving the mouse on her computer to wake it up.

Rachel: Tucking her arm under the pillow, Rachel rested her head against it and took a deep breath, finding the fact it smelled like Paige somewhat comforting. Likely because it was actually Paige's pillow. When she realized she lacked words, she slowly let the breath out in a soft sigh, pulling her gaze from the opposing wall over to Paige.

Paige: Furrowing her brow a bit as she checked email, Paige started typing out a reply, eyes locked on the screen. She was blissfully unaware of the attention on her.

Rachel: Under the belief she actually had something to say, Rachel opened her mouth and froze, promptly closing it. Nope, nothing. After a few moments, she glanced down to anxiously pick at the edge of the couch cushion, lamely managing, "How were your classes?"

Paige: "Just fine."

Rachel: She briefly looked up from the pink cushion, awkwardly stuttering, "Well, that's, um... good..."

Paige: Paige shot Rachel a look, then went back to her email. "Yeah. Did you do anything productive today?"

Rachel: "I, uh... I-I guess not..." Rachel muttered, cringing before Paige ever replied because she could only imagine what she would say about that.

Paige: "And do you plan on changing that?"

Rachel: Sinking lower into the cushions of the sofa, if possible, she started to reply but bit back the initial comment, simply mumbling, "Yeah."

Paige: "Good! What are you planning on doing?" Paige smiled over at her.

Rachel: While she'd somewhat expected that question to follow, she hadn't actually come up with an answer, so she gave a small shrug.

Paige: "So... nothing." Paige went back to her e-mail. "You know... at some point, Rachel, you're going to have to do something with your life."

Rachel: Rachel managed to resist the urge to point out that she'd been doing plenty with her life before Josh died, however Paige was already pissed. She took a deep breath and slowly let it out, pulling a hand out from under the blanket to rake it through her hair. "Can you... I mean... Nothing," she sighed, pulling her arm out from under the pillow as she rolled onto her back, frowning.

Paige: Paige sighed, leaning back in her chair. "I mean... yeah you stepped up to help with this mess we had... and I guess you are going to teach this fall... but it feels like you are just hiding and hoping life just passes you by so you won't have to do anything."

Rachel: She was extremely glad Paige couldn't see just how hard she rolled her eyes. At least she hoped she hadn't. "Yeah, exactly, I busted my ass with all this cannibal stuff, and I am going to teach. I'm also in a band. It's not like I don't do anything."

Paige: Paige covered her mouth just in time to hide the laugh from escaping. "Drugs don't count."

Rachel: "Well, I didn't include them in that list, did I?"

Paige: "Well. By all means. Don't let me keep you from all those exciting things you do."

Rachel: "Paige..." she started, trailing off into a sigh. Her view of the ceiling was obscured as she brought her hands up to scrub at her face.

Paige: "What?!" I'm not allowed to talk to you about something that I have a very big problem with. I'm not allowed to be friends with someone I really like because you are too jealous. So what do you want me to do?!"

Rachel: "It's not that," Rachel said, pulling her hands from her face to look over at her, "I want you to come over here and talk to me..."

Paige: "Well I can talk to you from here."

Rachel: She worked on keeping her expression neutral at that and turned her attention back to the ceiling, closing her eyes, "Fine, whatever."

Paige: "So what do you want to talk about?"

Rachel: "I guess whatever you want me to do," Rachel mumbled.

Paige: "I'm not interested in double standards. If you get to do drugs, then I'm going to actually spend time with and talk to Phil."

Rachel: "I never said you couldn't do that," she quietly replied.

Paige: "Well if I wanted him to stay unpunched, yes I did."

Rachel: Rachel didn't even want to get into that, as she did still want to punch him in the face. Deflecting the topic, she stated, "I don't even know why the drugs thing is an issue... It's not like it should come as a surprise, and it's not like I'm getting high everyday or in the bar every night."

Paige: "No it's just every time you hang out with Fabian."

Rachel: "...Which isn't that often."

Paige: "So that makes it ok!?"

Rachel: While she had a feeling it was the wrong answer, she still tried, "...Yes?"

Paige: Paige just stared at Rachel, unable to grasp just what she was getting herself into. Defeated, Paige just grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge and headed to the studio.

Rachel: Rachel quickly rolled off the couch to follow her, reaching for her hand to stop her, "Paige, stop..."

Paige: "NO!" Paige jerked her arm away, turning once more for the studio.

Rachel: Cringing at the shout, she tried, "Please?"

Paige: "Go finish your nap." Paige kept walking.

Rachel: Rachel ignored the order and continued to follow her, "Paige, what do you want me to do? ...Besides go away."

Paige: "Stop. Doing. Drugs! I would have thought that was obvious!"

Rachel: "Fine, whatever, I will..." At this point, she didn't particularly care whether she agreed or not. She just wanted Paige to stop being angry at her.

Paige: Turning to look at her, Paige studied her a bit. "Really?"

Rachel: "Yes... Just stop being angry..."

Paige: "I don't want to have this conversation again, Rachel."

Rachel: "Okay," Rachel nodded, hesitantly reaching for her hand once more, "We won't."

Paige: "Which includes lying by omission and just not telling me. Because I'll find out." Paige squeezed Rachel's hand.

Rachel: Rachel wasn't entirely sure on that one, especially about Paige finding out, but she nodded again, repeating, "Okay."

Paige: Relenting, Paige wrapped her arms around Rachel, sighing a bit.

Rachel: Leaning into her, she buried her face in Paige's shoulder and let out a sigh of her own asking in a mumble, voice muffled, "You don't actually have anywhere to be, do you?"

Paige: "Just with you," Paige whispered back, pulling Rachel in tighter and dropping her bottle of water so she could press her hands against Rachel.

Rachel: "...Does that mean I can go back to napping on your couch without you telling me I'm doing nothing with my life? ...Or, y'know, you want to do nothing with me?"

Paige: Paige smiled, snuggling into her. "Let's go take a nap together. I didn't sleep well without you."

Rachel: "...I slept fine, though my back and neck are still killing me," she mumbled, releasing her hold on Paige, giving her a weak smile.

Paige: "Sorry... so what instead of a nap?"

Rachel: Rachel took a moment to think about that, her smile turning into a slight smirk as she leaned in to catch her lips, assuring her, "I think I have an idea..."