5/20 Instance: Lemon Drops and Hooker Boots

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

5/20 Instance: Lemon Drops and Hooker Boots

Post by Ferguson »

Timelined after My Guitar Gently Weeps

<Alison> Having spent the evening acquainting herself with the school building as a whole and meeting a few people in the kitchen and rec room, Alison was now definitely ready to turn in and was in the midst of her nightly ritual.

<Alison> So her facial mask was firmly in place and her hair tied back in slightly juvenile pigtails to keep it out of the mask as it started to harden. She again stopped to straighten things on her desk, wanting things to remain just so in their new place. As she did so she also turned up her music just a bit.

<Alison> "I got this feeling on the summer day when you were gooone." She sang right along with it and, soon enough, started to dance.

<Xian> Xi'an made her way to her room hoping that her roommates weren't being total bothers. Thankfully she hadn't had that much to drink as she had pushed the booze more than actually drinking them. She slowly opened her door to see one of her roommates dancing with a facial mask on.

<Xian> Xi'an couldn't help but chuckle a little. "Well looks like I'm not the only one who had some fun tonight."

<Alison> "Oh!" Alison only flailed for a moment at being caught out. "This place is great, of course we're having fun!" She did calm down her dancing some as she chuckled. "So, what did you get up to, tonight?"

<Xian> Xi'an sat on her bed and took off what she fondly liked to call her "hooker boots" and dropped them to the ground. "Oh, some of us had some fun at karaoke. That plus lots of booze made for a very fun night."

<Alison> "...I missed karaoke?!" This was a tragedy that Alison simply could not take. "Oh, next time, next time. Everybody is going to have to pull me off of that stage, honey!"

<Xian> "Well I will be sure to let you know the next time people want to go out then." Xi'an said with a small smirk.

<Alison> "Let me just get this mask off, Hon, then you tell me all about it. This thing's about to tingle my nose apart though so the time is now!" Alison rushed to the bathroom but still kept her talk up even while washing her face. "I love your boots, too! So, is everyone you've met so far pretty cool?"

<Xian> Xi'an grabbed a pair of pajama pants and a t-shirt and quickly changed out of her cocktail dress and got comfy in the sweats. Flopping back onto her bed she sighed. "Yeah, most people are great. Some of them aren't exactly my cup of tea, but we got along fine. How about you?"

<Alison> "Everyone I've met have been fantastic, Miss frigging America is here! I mean, she's not been Miss America for a while but still, how cool is that?! She helped me move in and we went shopping together and she loved my pink coat so much she had to go out and buy one herself, we match!"

<Xian> Xi'an widened her eyes a bit and took a deep breath. "Well that's fun. I saw the same former Miss America you are talking about with her girlfriend on her lap most of the night. They were actually a really nice and cute couple.

<Alison> "Now I'm extra sorry I missed it! So...I guess we should probably get to know each other, huh? I think our other roommate's still at home or something, I guess something really bad with her brother happened last semester so she's taking some time off, that's what I heard from Miss Guthrie anyway."

<Xian> "Well that's not fun." Xi'an said with a small frown.

<Xian> "Anyways yeah so I know your name is Alison, but besides that I know nothing. Enlighten me if you please."

<Alison> Alison stuck her head, now sans-mask, back into the room and offered Xi'an her best stage smile and jazz hands, little flashes of light popping up as she did so.

<Alison> "Was that too on the nose?" She asked laughing before ducking back in to dry her face off. Once she was done and out of the bathroom babbling commensed. "Yeah, Alison Blaire, that's me, you can call me Ali though if you like. I'm from Nashville and I don't really think I'm all that exciting but I can talk a blue streak about just anything so don't expect that to stop me or anything."

<Alison> " I live with my mom and my stepdad for the most part but for summers I usually go to my daddy's house down in Amityville," she continued with little pause. "I like both places but I've got to say when my grandma gets on a role talking about the neighbours and stuff when she's talking to mom I'd just rather be anywhere, you know those real negative types that nothing's ever good enough for them unless they do it themselves? That right there."

<Alison> "Um...I love to sing, music in general really and I cannot wait for the musical theater class and all of Professor Guthrie's...except for her math class because even if it is remedial I'll still be bad at it."

<Alison> "And I probably should let you talk, huh? Your name is Xi'an, right?" Alison's accent came out even stronger as she said her roommate's name.

<Xian> Xi'an got a little wide eyed at her roommates long windedness. "Yep my name is Xian, or if you want the full thing it's Xian Coy Manh. I'm from the L.A. area but more specifically Sherman Oaks."

<Xian> "Umm... both my parents are high power corporate attorneys. I got the law bug from them and would love to become a lawyer someday. Though I also really do like music as well."

<Xian> Xi'an paused for a moment. "Oh, and as for my power it's sort of complicated and definitely not as flashy as yours it. I can psychically possess people's minds."

<Alison> "Oh hey! My dad's a lawyer, too! I'm not too sure any law bug's bitten me but I'll at least try out the course to make my parents a bit happier but I doubt it really takes." Alison chuckled, sitting down on the edge of her bed.

<Alison> "Really? How did you figure out you could do that?"

<Xian> "I uncontrollably took possession of our housekeeper. Luckily whoever I possess doesn't remember the fact I was roaming around their mind and controlling their body."

<Alison> "I just started sort of leaking light one day...I still do that now and then so I guess I'm our nightlight!" Alison shrugged, apparently not bothered by the fact her roommate could go ahead and body-hop her without her being any the wiser.

<Xian> "Okay well that at least seems to be a slightly more enjoyable power. I can't do mine just for fun and to show off as it sort of you know infringes on someones basic human rights. It isn't something I like to do often." Xi'an said with a shrug.

<Alison> "Who knows, maybe you can get someone's permission to practice or something." Alison decided to look on the bright side. "I guess you'd have to have a big list of things you couldn't do and all that but still...I do like my power though, it's all based on sound conversion!...so yeah, I was probably just loading myself up to be an annoyingly bright nightlight tonight."

<Xian> "Yeah I'm sure people would line up for me to take away their motor functions and delve into their memories... I'm sure someone would love that." Xi'an said going to the bathroom to wash her face. "So I guess if you end up a glowing person tonight I shouldn't get worried, just that you listened to a lot of music that day."

<Alison> "Well, maybe not the memory delving part...that part probably wouldn't be so cool...though there is a psychic defense course. Maybe you could be it's assistant or something and if someone fails you get to make them do the dance of shame or something."

<Xian> Xi'an stuck her head out of the bathroom with a smirk. "That has potential, I'll find out more about it. Thanks Ali."

<Alison> "You're welcome! I bet your power would come in really handy for things like what the X-men do, too. I doubt a lightshow would be all that useful but you never know! I'm pretty distracting with all the shiny stuff."

<Xian> "Well you're lucky that I can sleep through just about anything." Xi'an said with a smile emerging from the bathroom makeup free.

<Alison> "That's good! Hopefully I don't wake Sue up all the time when she gets here, I'd feel bad about that but I've been getting better about it I think. At least, I don't leak light so much when I'm awake anymore so I wouldn't think it's too bad when I'm sleeping."

<Xian> "Well that's good at least. And isn't part of the reason we're here is to figure out what the hell is up with these powers of ours? I know that's one of the main reasons I came here." Xi'an said flopping down on her bed.

<Alison> "Yeah, and to actually meet another mutant, too. I had seen a few here and there but I'd never actually got to meet any. It's nice, really."

<Xian> "Yeah nice to know you don't have to hide it here. My parents were so freaked out they practically ignored it."

<Alison> "I...haven't really told all my family about it, yet." Alison admitted sheepishly. "My daddy took things really well though so maybe my mom and my step-dad will do better than I think they will...I don't think my grandma should know."

<Xian> "Well my parents kind of found out when the housekeeper was acting rather funny. They just didn't want a scandal or anything so they forbid me from doing it ever again and that was that."

<Alison> "So do they know that this place is specifically for mutants?" Alison asked, frowning a bit. "My mom just thinks this is an arts school, that's what I told her anyway."

<Xian> "Yeah they know. They think it's really just to make sure my powers don't go haywire and become a spectacle." Xi'an said rolling her eyes.

<Alison> "Parents, huh?" Alison giggled, joining Xi'an in the eye rolling. "Well, what our parents don't know won't hurt them just yet, right? I'll be sure to keep your secrets if ever they come calling."

<Xian> "They won't come around here at all. My parents are more the kind that hire really great nannies and housekeepers and work all the time. Rosa my nanny practically raised me. Though she knows all about my powers and is actually really great about it."

<Alison> "Oh, well, I guess that makes me keeping things secret a whole lot easier then, doesn't it?" Alison laughed again. "We didn't have anything like that but I still went to school at one of the christian academies in the city and I just know there's going to be some boy here ask about sexy uniforms." She pulled a face at the idea.

<Xian> "Oh I can imagine a few of the guys around here doing that." Xi'an said with a smirk. "Especially a few of them that were at the bar tonight."

<Alison> That earned a bit of a flail from Alison. "Worst pick-up line for me, I just hate it...it's especially weird because I was at the school since I was ten and the uniform was the same then, too!"

<Xian> Xi'an wrinkled her nose at the comment. "Yeah that just sounds skeevy"

<Alison> "Oh well, they're guys and sometimes guys will just be skeevy, won't they?" Alison went to her desk and broke into her candy drawer, waving Xi'an over. "Want one?" she asked, popping a lemondrop into her mouth. "I figure since we're bonding we may as well have treats!"

<Xian> Xi'an smiled at Ali's offer and walked to the drawer. "Mmm I love lemon drops." Xi'an said grabbing a few and popped one into her mouth. "Thanks."

<Alison> "Of course, what's mine is yours, roomie."

<Xian> "Well I know who to go to when I get the munchies." Xi'an said with a smile.

<Alison> "And I know where to go if I want to borrow your boots?" Alison asked hopefully.

<Xian> "Oh yes definitely you can borrow any of my clothes whenever you want. I just expect a prompt return once finished." Xi'an said with a smile eating another lemon drop.

<Alison> "I can tell that we are going to be friends." Alison informed Xi'an, smiling quite happily.

<Xian> "Most definitely." Xi'an said with a big grin.