5/20 Instance: The Mansy

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

5/20 Instance: The Mansy

Post by Ferguson »

Timelined after This is F***ing Awesome

<Cecilia> Cecilia lay stomach down on her bedspread reading one of her old books. She had squared away everything of hers that'd needed be squared and even put away some of Fabian's spare stuff. The only thing not in its place being one of his shirts which read 'OK Afro' which had currently found its way onto her.

<Fabian> "Imma pop some taaags." Fabian muttered the song to himself as he rode down the hallway. Sure, getting it up the stairs was a pain in the ass but with the fond memories of segway jousting from last year owning one just seemed like the right choice. He slid to a halt, parking the beast at Cecilia's door and knocked.

<Cecilia> "Door's open," she called, sitting up and putting the book away.

<Fabian> With that Fabian just strolled in, really quite proud of himself.

<Cecilia> Cecilia took one look at the pink coat, the footie pyjamas and the single crocodile shoe and burst into laughter. "What the hell, Fabian?!" she snorted, holding her sides and rolling on the bed. "Did you raid Huggy Bear's wardrobe? What is this even!?"

<Fabian> "One of the new student's and the thrift shop...Rachel and I put on a performance." Fabain just grinned wide and brilliantly as he pulled his phone out. "Would you like to see?"

<Cecilia> "Is there any question?" Cecilia sniggered, reaching for the phone. "Alright, show me what you got."

<Fabian> Fabian started the video and gladly passed the phone over. "Can I sleep here tonight? Neighbour's pulled I'm pretty sure so I'd rather get some sleep the first night before classes."

<Cecilia> Cecilia giggled and snorted the whole way through the impression of Mackelmore. "'Course you can, you don't have to ask. Well, you might have to ask Jan when she gets here but you're always welcome when it comes to me. I got your stuff all set up in the bathroom and you gotta drawer there to yourself." She gestured to the space. "I was hoping you'd stay over, actually."

<Fabian> "You're the best." Fabian took his, well, Alison's, pink trench off and sat down on the bed, leaning over to steal a kiss before flopping back. "So, you and Jan settled in? I got a freshman...I got a weird freshman."

<Cecilia> "Well, I am. I don't know if she is though, haven't seen her yet." Cecilia stretched on bed beside Fabian. "Oh Jesus. Who'd you get? It's not the British one, right? 'Cause I met him earlier and I can't understand half the shit he's saying."

<Fabian> "Oh no, it's not Bruce. Bruce is awesome, he did 'Dick in a Box'. I'll give it to roomie, he didn't do bad at all last night...it wasn't the most thrilling performance of the night, though, Rachel and I set a high bar."

<Fabian> "No, his name's Walt, he's from Alberta and...I don't know, he's just weird."

<Cecilia> "Canadian, eh?" Cecilia said wryly. "Well, I guess at the very least he'll be politely weird...you don't like him, huh?" She smiled, she could guess this kid hadn't made a great impression. "What'd he do?"

<Fabian> "Well, I don't hate him yet...he's just...not my people. He was all weird about mutation and he seemed weird about obvious mutants. He sedates himself and doesn't seem interested at all in actually learning to control and use his power."

<Fabian> Fabian shrugged. "He just seems off to me."

<Cecilia> Cecilia frowned. "Oh for fuck's sake. He's a self-hating mutant? Housing must hate you. Who the hell thought that was a good idea?" Another thought occurred to her. "You mean he abuses drugs?"

<Fabian> "Oh no, not even that, they're prescribed to him by some doctors who, if you asked me, sounded pretty hinky." Fabian snorted. "I don't know if he's 'hating' yet; not sure what to make of him."

<Cecilia> Cecilia shrugged. "You never know, maybe he's just shy or something, he'll come around or he won't - I did, eventually." She shuffled a little closer and gave Fabian a kiss. "Anyways, there's no law saying you gotta be friends with your roommate. As long as he's civil and let's me stay over occasionally is what counts."

<Fabian> "He seemed pretty tetchy about socialization judging by last night but yeah, you're right." Fabian agreed. "But hopefully he'll just warm up."

<Cecilia> "Mm," Cecilia hummed, toying with the zipper on Fabian's pajamas. "Did you get that text I sent you the other day?"

<Fabian> "I certainly did, it's definitely an interesting turn of events...I guess I should have figured Pryor was one of us from what was said of her when she was going to the Club up here."

<Cecilia> "Holy shit! She went to the New York branch!?" Cecilia exclaimed, grinning widely. "That's so fly. I wish I'd met her before! Sorry, I shouldn't spaz all over you. It's just I'm so goddamn excited about this! A mutant president - a woman mutant president. When I saw that speech it was like 'Stark, who?'"

<Cecilia> She flopped onto her back, laughing happily. "She's officially my fucking idol. I'm voting for that so hard. It's a shame you can't vote too," she said, frowning a little. "Is it obvious I want her in office?"

<Fabian> Fabian grinned at her excitement and decided not to mention how unlikely it was she would be elected...but if Stark were elected he may slide her into some sort of cabinet position. "It really is exciting, we'll have to follow it to be sure."

<Cecilia> "I know, right!? I mean, I know she's got a snowball's chance in hell. I'm not stupid, but it's progress, right? Who knows, maybe she'll be a Malcom X or Martin Luther King or somebody of our time. Charles' dream might not be such a pipe-dream after all." She rolled over again and flopped an arm around Fabian. "My kids might not have to face the same discrimination I did. That's something worth fighting for, right? I think it is."

<Fabian> "Every generation will have it a bit better than the last." Fabian assured her. "And I'm pretty sure that is one of the things we're supposed to be doing here as it is so there you go. Some of us anyway, I don't see much of that in Walty-Walt just yet."

<Cecilia> "Well, if Wally doesn't get on board he can either stand aside or be crushed underneath for all I care," Cecilia said, a spark in her. "But I'll be damned if him or anyone else like him stands in my way."

<Cecilia> Speaking of which. "Do you know anything about a 'Project Sentinel'? As far as I've seen it's some sorta government project and the Republican candidate Norman Osborn and his running mate Gyrich support it but I can't seem to find anything else about it..."

<Fabian> "We shouldn't talk about trampling people. Janet might walk in on something she'd rather not." Fabian smirked over to her. "I think it's some sort of security measure, don't know much about that. Sounds like some sort of watchdog act by the name though."

<Cecilia> "Or a national security thing," Cecilia added. "I just wondered, Pryor mentioned we'd hear a lot more about it in her speech. Something to keep our ears open for around the Club and other places, yeah?"

<Cecilia> Cecilia laughed. "Not wearing that she won't. Sorry, Fab. But these pajamas look a little juvenile...and grungy."

<Fabian> "Heeey, I rock the footie pajama look! You know you want to get them off!" Fabian puffed up a bit, pulling the front of them out to have a look at them. "I can pull off anything."

<Cecilia> "Yeah, I wanna get them off 'cause they're so damn ugly!" Cecilia sniggered, giving him a small poke in a stomach. "You're terrible."

<Fabian> "Do you at least like my shoe? I thought it was quite something." Fabian kicked it off and turned to poke her back.

<Cecilia> "The shoe's pretty stylin'...but happened to the other one?" Cecilia asked, smirking. "It looks a bit lonely there all by itself."

<Fabian> "We thought it fitting at the time. Rachel had the slipper and the moccasin so I stuck with the one. You see, we put some thought into this shit."

<Cecilia> "Clearly," Cecilia said, laughing. She plucked the front of her - or rather, Fabian's - shirt. "What do you think of my style, then?"

<Fabian> "It doesn't quite have the irony as it does on me but I think it's delightful."

<Cecilia> "How's it ironic when you've clearly said okay to afros?" Cecilia smirked, indicating her hair. "Everyone should say okay to afros, too. There's way too many black girls that do all this weave shit. I can't believe I ever did it at all. Hell no, dreadlocks, cornrows or afro or get the fuck out."

<Fabian> "You realize if you had a weave I'd probably steal it for shenanigans, right?" Fabian asked, smirking wide. "And I did say okay to afros, they're far too entertaining to deny."

<Cecilia> "Well, it's a damn good thing I don't have one now then," Cecilia said, raising an eyebrow. "What would you be doing with something like that now?"

<Fabian> "...have you seen my outfit, Cee? You think I'd draw the line at trying to put your hair on?"

<Cecilia> "Ah, but it's not my hair!" Cecilia said sagely, lifting a finger. "It's fake hair woven into my hair. Anyway, I'm never doing that again. If only 'cause it hurts like a bitch to have it pulled out."

<Fabian> "I know, but you own it." Fabian teased. "And yeah, that's definitely something you don't do for missions and the like. When in doubt go for the weave."

<Cecilia> "When in doubt stop fighting what you are and be yourself," Cecilia said, smiling widely. "Poor Wally...I hope he comes around and learns it the easy way instead of the hard way. I'd hate for him to have his hair torn out but if he's just that stubborn..."

<Fabian> "I don't know yet, it's just the first day." Fabian laughed. "Maybe he was just stunned by me and my radiance."

<Cecilia> "Yeah, that must be it," Cecilia grinned back. "I liked you just fine when I met you...then I didn't like you so much for awhile but we became friends eventually, better even."

<Fabian> "I'm just an acquired taste, what can I say...like my new favourite pajamas."

<Cecilia> "I hate to tell you this, Fab. But I will always hate these pajamas. I'm just waiting for your mood to flip and this atrocity of sleepwear to come off."

<Fabian> "Is that a request?" His eyebrow wraggled.

<Cecilia> Cecilia grabbed the zipper and yanked it down. "No, it's an order," she said, kissing him fiercely.