5/22 Instance: Variables

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

5/22 Instance: Variables

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

timeline: after Polar Opposites

Sophie: After moving her own things into her room, Sophie sought out the one person in the building she knew. Her entire life was turned upside down and seeing an old friend would help make the transition much easier. She knocked politely on Julian's door.

Julian: Looking up from his suitcase, Julian paused in his unpacking to stare at the door, brow furrowing as his gaze cut to Bruce's side of the room. He glanced back to the door, set the shirt in his hands down, and moved to answer in, slightly worried about who would be on the other side until he opened the door. With a slight smile, he greeted Sophie, "Hey."

Sophie: Sophie gave him her customary wave, remembering to look him in the eye. "Hello Julian. I came to see you."

Julian: "I see," Julian said as he stepped aside so she could enter the room, asking, "How are you settling in?"

Sophie: Sophie entered the room, quickly taking in the setup of it. "I am unpacked. And then I came to see you." She glanced at the desks and sat down at one of them.

Julian: Nodding, he moved to continue unpacking himself, as he had no desire to put it off until later. He wanted to be done with it now and grumbled, "Lucky."

Sophie: "I am not sure lucky would describe me."

Julian: Brow scrunching again, Julian looked over at her as he refolded his shirt, "Why not?"

Sophie: "I am thousands of miles away from my twin and my family. Not to mention I have to board Stardust at a stable instead of here."

Julian: Julian couldn't say he was all that opposed to being thousands of miles from his parents, seeing as they had shipped him to live with his older brother. "On the bright side, at least Stardust isn't on the other side of the country as well?"

Julian: Julian couldn't say he was all that opposed to being thousands of miles from his parents, seeing as they had shipped him to live with his older brother. "On the bright side, at least Stardust isn't on the other side of the country as well?"

Sophie: "But he's supposed to be here with me. I always go see him in the morning. It will be really hard to now."

Julian: "Well, you could get up a little earlier so you could still do that," Julian carefully suggested, not entirely sure how she'd feel about that.

Sophie: "I don't know..." she always got up at the same time. It was her wake up time. "I don't like all this."

Julian: "You'll get used to it," he assured her as he set another article of folded clothing aside on the bed, "It'll just take a little while."

Sophie: "I think I will just go after classes. Then I can stay until dinner time. Then have dinner. Then study. Then call Esme... if she isn't in jail."

Julian: He snorted. It was nice to know some things never changed. "And if she is...?"

Sophie: Sophie considered this variable seriously. "Then I will come talk to you."

Julian: Julian supposed this sounded acceptable and gave a nod as he pulled out the last shirt to refold, "I'll make sure to be free, then."

Sophie: "You can have dinner with me too. At 6:00."

Julian: Closing his suitcase, he debated where to put it before settling on under the bed. Leaning over to slide it under once he had the bulky thing on the floor, he flailed a little as he stumbled forward face first into the side of his mattress. Oops. Straighten, he took a deep breath to regain his composure, offering, "I'll try to make it, but I wouldn't be too worried if I don't. It'll depend on what my schedule is."

Sophie: More variables. Sophie pulled her phone from her pocket and checked it. She pushed it back into her pocket. "I understand," she told him.

Julian: He felt somewhat reassured by that as he picked up the stack of shirts and moved to place them in the dresser, commenting, "I think I'm going to finish unpacking and possibly go to bed. It's been a long day."

Sophie: Sophie didn't respond, checking her phone again.

Julian: Julian let out a soft sigh as he resigned himself to silence, at least for the moment, and continued to stock his dresser with various articles of clothing before moving on to hang his pants in the closet.

Sophie: After checking her phone a few more times, Sophie stood up, headin for the door. "Bedtime." She paused, remembering to turn around and look at him. "Goodnight."

Julian: Julian turned to look at her at the abrupt announcement, though he wasn't entirely surprised by it. He moved to get the door for her with a slight smile, "Good night."

Sophie: She patted his shoulder awkwardly and headed out.

Julian: Julian watched her for a few moments, hand unconsciously rubbing at his shoulder where she'd patted it, and turned to close the door, sighing. Well, he'd said he was going to go to bed after unpacking, he wasn't sure that would actually be the case because Bruce wasn't back. Maybe it would be better to just vacate the room for the night…