5/23 Instance: Six O'Clock Sharp

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

5/23 Instance: Six O'Clock Sharp

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

Timeline: After Variables

Sophie: After her classes that day, Sophie had gone to the stable for her daily ride. She returned to the school and cleaned up before heading to Julian's room at exactly 6 o'clock. She knocked politely, checking her phone quickly.

Bruce: "Tha' door's open!", Bruce called over to it, flicking through his science book and absorbing all the information he could about atomic structure. He jotted down notes in shorthand on a pad as he went, glancing to it at odd intervals to make sure he still had paper left.

Sophie: Sophie let herself into the room, glancing around with a few blinks. "Where is Julian?"

Bruce: Looking up, Bruce smiled awkwardly, "....y'do know it's polite ta' introduce yaself first(?)", he sighed, "Bruce Banner, by the way...", he shrugged, "I'll assume he's been kept back in a class."

Sophie: Still having not made eye contact, Sophie responded to him. "Sophie Snow. But it's 6 o'clock... he should be done by 6 o'clock. It's dinner time." She checked her phone again, growing anxious.

Bruce: Bruce placed his notebook down on his chest, shrugging again and putting his hands behind his head, "And a' should already have an MA in every field o' science, but here we are.", he smirked, "Wanna wait here, Sophie Snow?"

Sophie: "Why should you already have a MA in every field of science?" She did glance over at him, then sat down at Julian's desk. It was 6 o'clock. She checked her phone again. 6:03.

Bruce: "'Cause am a genius.", Bruce answered simply, placing his book to one side and leaving his bookmark hanging from the bottom of it, notebook on top, "Y'alright? Ya' look really...edgy."

Sophie: Perplexed, Sophie glanced around her. "I am not on the edge of anything." She checked her phone again. Still no word from Julian.

Bruce: "...i-it's a phrase for...ah...feelin' nervous or anxious.", Bruce explained, feeling awkward for having to, "...y'keep starin' at yer phone...y'alright?"

Sophie: "I am hungry," Sophie reasoned that was what he was asking.

Bruce: Bruce fixed her with a scrutinizing look, "Then...go and eat.", he said slowly, honestly baffled by the possibility she hadn't considered this herself.

Sophie: "I will... just as soon as Julian returns."

Bruce: ".....why...", Bruce groaned, scratching his head. He sighed, "What possible reason would y' starve yerself? Oh....unless y're datin' him?", he smirked, "Still, a Kit-Kat wouldn' kill ye..."

Sophie: "I am not starving. He said he would meet me. He is coming. Dating?" She wrinkled her nose a bit. "That's what Esme does..."

Bruce: "....and who's Esme?", Bruce rubbed his head - keeping up with Sophie was tiring him out, especially after the last girl he'd bumped into, "...ne'er mind, man...", he sighed.

Sophie: "My twin.  She's in jail. Well, maybe not today, but she goes there a lot."

Bruce: Bruce remained silent for a moment, just staring at Sophie behind his glasses, completely dumbstruck by her demeanor. He closed his eyes, exhaling slowly having just had a theory, "...interesting sister. But a' prefer people who don't go to jail.", he smiled, "Do ye' usually meet Julian at six?"

Sophie: "Dinner is at six. He said he would join me since we're here together." Sophie checked her phone again.

Bruce: Nodding, Bruce slid around his bed, standing up; he was right. He was always right. He adjusted his glasses, smiling at her, "D'you mind if a' join ye' instead? Jus' one time?"

Sophie: Sophie checked her phone yet again as she thought about what he said. It was dinner. And he was going with her. She sent Julian a quick text, standing to her feet. "There is a place I saw near here. I can drive us."

Bruce: "...ah, yeah. Ah cannit drive so...", he smiled back, "Sure."

Sophie: "I have a truck so I can pull the horse trailer. You should come see Stardust sometime. He's beautiful. And he's a really graceful jumper."

Bruce: Bruce nodded, "....mmn.", he exhaled, smiling wryly, "...wanna discuss him over food?", accepting with his question the responsibility of dealing with any and all quirks he was sure he'd identified in Sophie, he did his best to appear interested.

Bruce: Those quirks aside, she seemed to him a nice enough girl. Pretty also. He grinned at his thought train.

Sophie: "Well, we went to the Olympics this summer. We won the Silver. I have it in my room." A quick look at him reminded her that she was supposed to smile. She smiled at him. Well, so far it was an ok change in the day.

Bruce: And the evening was going to be long. Bruce simply kept smiling, making for the door and holding it open for her. Julian would owe him one for this, that much was sure.

Bruce: But she was pretty...