5/23 Instance: The Lorelei

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

5/23 Instance: The Lorelei

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

Timeline: Current, Before Single White (Fe)male

Walt: Walt trudged along the trail that circled the lake by the school, nearly on the opposite side of the body of water, the boathouse nearly a speck in the distance. Now this was what he called a late afternoon well spent. No people, just the sounds of the forest and his own company.

Walt: He wandered down a little closer to the stony shore, picking up a rock and skipping it across the water, smiling slightly to himself. Maybe he could camp out here. Someplace in town had to sell tents and it wasn't that expensive...

Lukas: In the middle of the lake a shadow appeared which resolved into a head peeking out of the water. Lukas watched the boy on the shore and narrowed his eyes. Thinking this could only be one of the new recruits, he sunk back into the water and swam closer to the shore, shifting while underwater and grinning. She reappeared close the the boy and poked her head up.

Walt: Walt bent down to pick up another rock...only to look up while he was crouched down and find himself at eye level with a green eyed girl about his age. A topless one. "AH!" he yelped, scrambling backwards, nearly falling off the rock he was standing on in the process.

Lukas: Lukas grinned. "Oh don't hurt yourself now, dear. Wouldn't want that. You're new around here, aren't you?"

Walt: "Uhm...y-yes, I mean no, yes! I'm...uh, I'm new h-here..." Damn it, as usual whenever he was faced with a girl he became a stuttering mess. "Err...I'm W-Walter. Walter Langkowski. Um, b-but please...call me Walt," he said, studiously averting his eyes.

Lukas: Smirking a bit, Lukas levered herself up and shifted her lower half to be scaly. She sat on the side of the rock next to Walt and brushed her hair behind her ear. "Lukas Laufeyson. Lovely to meet you."

Walt: Walt visibly flinched - from both the toplessness and the transformation - another shapeshifter? This was the first one he'd ever met...besides himself at any rate. This was also the first time he'd ever seen real breasts too, for that matter. "Uhm...L-Lukas?" Wasn't that a guy's name? God, her parents must've hated her. "N-Nice to m-meet you, too...uh...come h-here often?" What the heck was he saying?!

Lukas: Lukas watched him blank faced for a moment and then giggled. Shifting back into his natural form, he shook some water off himself. "Does this fluster you a bit less? I swear this is what I normally look like."

Walt: "Holy crap-!" Walt exclaimed, finally taking one step too far back and falling into the water.

Walt: He surfaced a minute later, spitting out lake water. "Um…" He eyed the other guy nervously. He wasn't sure if this was better or not...but it was easier to have a conversation with another guy and no naked breasts around at any rate. "Sorry."

Lukas: "To be honest I was hoping for a flailing reaction but you looked like you were about to burst a vessel. I didn't think that that would be a good idea. At least this way you get the confused look off your face about my name," he chuckled. " So, Walter, what brings you out here to the lake in the woods all alone?"

Walt: Walt frowned, he wasn't sure what to make of that, deliberately scaring someone and tricking them seemed like a jerk move. This did not impress him. "I like the woods," he said as he yanked himself out of the water onto another rock a small distance away.

Lukas: Watching the other teen, Lukas grinned. He lounged back against the rock and splashed his feet in the water. "I grew up in a very rural area. My cousin and I were always playing in the woods."

Walt: Walt hesitated for a moment, this guy reminded him of Stan from the group home a little, but curiosity won over eventually. "...where was that?"

Lukas: Lukas looked over at him lazily. "Finland. I'm from Finland, though I have done some traveling, spent time in England and Spain. Yourself?"

Walt: "Uh... I grew up just outside of Edmonton, Alberta...that's in Canada," Walt said, twisting his shirt to squeeze some of the water out of it. He studied Lukas, something about him just rubbed him the wrong way. "Finland's got a terrible Olympic hockey team."

Lukas: "Really? I wouldn't know, I don't normally follow sports and when I do it's football. Proper football."

Walt: "Oh..." Walt said, a little disappointed but not really surprised. The other guy didn't look especially athletic to him. "Like soccer? I like the winter stuff better...like skiing and ice hockey."

Lukas: Laughing, Lukas rolled onto his side and watched Walt. "Of course you do. I spent a lot of time in England and Spain, therefore my love of soccer." He never did understand that name.

Walt: "…so you've been to England and Spain?" Walt said, a little smart-aleckness seeping into him. "So... I guess your family moved around a lot then, eh? Since you lived in three different places before coming here."

Lukas: Lukas sat up and stretched. "I ran away from home before my powers manifested. I've made my own way through most of the continent and just happened to like those two the most. I still talk to my parents but at the time I was having some emotional issues."

Walt: Walt felt his heart sink. "Oh..." he said awkwardly. Great, now he felt sorry for the guy, which was awkward because he didn't want to feel sorry for him, he didn't really like him very much.

Walt: "...I'm sorry," he said quietly, looking away. "Uh…my family doesn't talk to me anymore. They 'surrendered' me to social services when I manifested."

Lukas: He shrugged. "I've mostly gotten over it. My cousin manifested before me and everyone was very taken with him, so I was verbally abused by my father for not being the same. I ran." He tilted his head towards Walter. "I'm sorry. If it helps you're bound to find support here in the school. It surprised me when I did."

Walt: Walt frowned. "I've already got all the help I needed from Department H," he said, thinking of his prescription that suppressed his powers. "My roommate didn't get it though… he thinks I should try and learn to control my powers." Walt rolled his eyes behind his glasses a little. "As if he knows more than the experts."

Lukas: "It worked for me, otherwise every time I got a bad cold I'd sneeze and things would start turning weird. I turned a tissue into a rubber duck once," he smiled wistfully. "Who's your roommate?"

Walt: "Well, it won't work for me. It's impossible to control my other form," Walt said resolutely. "Uh, Fabian Cortez...why do you know him?"

Lukas: Lukas' face lit up. "You're Fabsy's new roommate? He must be sad to lose Sean's constant brownie supply. He's my best friend."

Walt: Fabsy? Oh, well this was interesting. "Uh, yeah...I am and I don't know a Sean but I'd say Fabian probably misses him...he called me 'new Sean' when I first got here."

Walt: "Are you...really close friends then?" Walt asked, not sure if this relationship was what he thought it was.

Lukas: "Well, we met a few years back and he's the reason I spent so much time in Spain. Usually where he goes, I follow and vice versa."

Walt: Okay, it was probably was then. "Oh...well, I guess I'll be seeing you around a lot, huh?" Walt said, hoping he wouldn't see too much of the other guy. He couldn't really handle breasts but the alternative was...well, it was probably just as bad.

Lukas: "Most definitely," Lukas smirked at Walt. This kid was going to be all kinds of fun and easy to get all riled up.

Walt: Walt blinked at Lukas and cleared his throat uncomfortably. "Uh, right...err...anyways I'd better get back...I'm all wet and stuff." That and he was probably due for another dose of his medication. He stood up and carefully picked his way back towards the path.

Walt: "It was...nice meeting you," Walt said, unsure if 'nice' was the right way to describe it but erring on the side of politeness for...well, politeness' sake.

Lukas: "Oh, it's fine. You could join me in the water if you like," Lukas winked at him and slid back into the lake. He peered over the side of the rock. "If not then it was lovely to meet you as well."

Walt: "No, I don't think so," Walt said quickly, more than a little uncomfortable at the thought of swimming with someone who could potentially shift into a topless woman at any moment. "...I should go."

Lukas: Shrugging, Lukas treaded water away from the rock. "Enjoy the rest of your day, skittish little squirrel." He beamed at Walt.

Walt: Squirrel?! Why did he have to be the wimpy, cuddly animal if he was going to be compared to any animal at all? "Wiewiórka? Osoba, która zamienia się w gigantycznego potwora nie wiewiórka. Szalony człowiek..." he muttered.

Walt: ((Polish: Squirrel? A person who turns into a giant monster isn't a squirrel. Crazy person...))

Lukas: " Sainko pieni orava kaikki riled ylös?" Lukas grinned and cackled.

Lukas: ((Finnish: Did I get the little squirrel all riled up?))

Walt: Walt just blinked at that. He was guessing that was Finnish...which he didn't understand a word of. He knew Polish because of his father, understood Ukrainian because of one set of grandparents and had taken French as required up until grade nine but Finnish? Not a chance.

Walt: "...you're weird," he said, and with that parting shot delivered, disappeared into the forest once again.

Lukas: "Takes one to know one, komea!" Lukas called out after him, grinning.

Lukas: ((Finnish: handsome))
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

Re: 5/23 Instance: The Lorelei

Post by Ferguson »

I see another crackship in the water.
PanicSwitch
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Re: 5/23 Instance: The Lorelei

Post by PanicSwitch »

AHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOYYYYYY! :toothy
Magneto: "That was really Xorn's twin brother possessed by the sentient mould, Sublime, pretending to be me, pretending to be Xorn."
Beast: "That defies all logic."
Magneto: "Ohhh like none of you have ever died before!"
-Death Becomes Them, Floating Hands Studios

The Thing: "Didn't they come up with a cure for your kind?"
Wolverine: "You gotta problem with mutants?"
The Thing: "I meant Canadians."
-Astonishing X-Men #7