5/27 Instance: Dead Heads

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

5/27 Instance: Dead Heads

Post by Ferguson »

Current Timeline

Cecilia: Cecilia wandered into a little alcove set aside at the end of the woods where a small congregation of flowers had been left for Caleb Michaels - the police officer left on campus last semester by the Galactus cult - the flowers were wilted now and the place looked sorta forgotten.

Cecilia: This hadn't sat well with Cecilia. While Michaels wasn't buried on the grounds it didn't feel right to leave the place his body was originally laid to rest in a state of disrepair. She sighed and laid down a single hibiscus flower. "I know roses are the classics," she said to the thin air, "but these are my favourite and I thought...well, I thought someone might appreciate originality."

Mayday: "Does that mean I bought the wrong kind?", came Mayday's voice, softly enough to seemingly blend with the low breeze, "I bought a few roses, now I feel a little cliche."

Cecilia: "There's no wrong kind," she said, smiling to herself but not turning around. "We're not being graded on our bouquet choices, May."

Mayday: Kneeling at Cecilia's side, Mayday lay her small bouquet of roses beside the other girl's flower, "You know me; always trying to get it right.", she confessed, "Missed you, Cee-Cee."

Cecilia: "...I missed you as well," she admitted, though her complete lack of contact over the summer probably said otherwise, she cringed slightly at that. "I'm sorry that I didn't stay in touch - " indeed, the number of e-mails in her inbox were truly astounding when she finally got around to checking them last week " - I just needed to get away from everything...I was pretty embittered when I left."

Mayday: "I can imagine...", Mayday admitted, her arm sliding over her friend's shoulder, "Trust me. A-and I haven't been around to answer calls anyway. A lot had happened, before and during summer.",

Cecilia: "Oh, I know," Cecilia smirked, eyes drifting to her friend's face. "Jan's my roommate. I heard all about your little summer romance, Ms. Parker."

Mayday: Mayday blushed, giggling like a schoolgirl as she looked away, "Oh, stop...", she beamed at the very thought of Janet, "I'm so in love, it's gonna make me diabetic!",

Cecilia: "Well, as a major in microbiology I can assure you that won't actually happen," she teased, laughing. "But figuratively? Yeah, you will be diabetic very soon ... you're so in the 'honeymoon' stage right now. I can't wait till you guys figure out that the other gets morning breath or bitchy during exams...you're killing me here."

Mayday: "Jan doesn't have morning breath!", Mayday laughed, gently nudging her friend as she stood, "She's perfect for me! She even thinks my dorky laugh is cute. B-but she....does call me a dork all the time.", blushing again, she looked away, "...it's kinda...I-I think I like that.", she admitted with a smile.

Mayday: "Did she tell you anything else about summer?", Mayday added after a moment, pulling herself out of revelry.

Cecilia: Cecilia raised an eyebrow. "Fabian's my match in life but I'm not under any illusions that he's a perfect person and he knows I'm not either. If he didn't know before though he sure as shit does now after I completely violated our hotel bathroom." She laughed a little awkwardly at that memory...it was still rather touching though how much he'd helped her even when she was a complete bitch to him.

Cecilia: "I heard you spent the summer with her and your father, but not much else, why?"

Mayday: Mayday sighed, "W-well...I met my Mom, which...was less than fun. She's...I-I don't get her, you know? My step-dad is nice enough...", she smiled a little more, "...and I have a half-sister."

Cecilia: Cecilia's eyes narrowed. "'Less than fun'? Why - what's she like?"

Mayday: "She's like....Shaw.", Mayday shrugged, seeming uncertain herself, "Like, she's a Hellfire member, and....I dunno, she's just...she didn't even worry that 'oh, I've just met my illegitimate daughter'(!)"

Cecilia: Cecilia crossed her arms. "I don't think you know Sebastian well enough to make that comparison," she said, frowning. "Being in the Hellfire Club doesn't make you a bad person. Lots of people in the school are members. Hell, I will probably be a member someday - hopefully."

Mayday: "He was a jerk, I could tell he was looking down at me...", Mayday huffed, folding her arms also, "Same with my Mom, she was just like 'oh, I was wondering if and when you'd show up'. It was horrible, to be honest..."

Cecilia: "Well, she sounds like an asshole," Cecilia admitted. "But I don't think there's a comparison there, really. I don't think he was looking down at you, either - at least no more than he does to everyone else. He was probably a little amused 'cause you seemed out of place. There's a certain way you have to act in that sorta place."

Mayday: "Boy, you're defending your kind a lot, huh?", Mayday shrugged, "Ok, ok, I'm not gonna argue it....that said, I still think he's a jerk 'cause I didn't get any Cassie but he did.", she giggled, "Seriously! Ask me about April!"

Cecilia: "My kind?" she said, more than a little amused. "More like your kind, May. You realize membership is hereditary, if you have the DFS files you could be inducted in the club." She felt slightly irked by this - why did people who didn't really want membership just get it? It wasn't fair. "...April?"

Mayday: "Wait, what!?", Mayday shook her head - she didn't want to talk about that crowd, "Forget it, I'll just...I dunno, ask Shaw, since apparently he has a teaching qualification or...eight...anyway! April, yeah; she's my half sister."

Cecilia: "Well, details!" Cecilia said, gesturing. "How old is she? Does she live with your mom? Is she a mutant? Is she smart, ditzy, artistic - what?"

Mayday: Mayday laughed, "Oh, gosh, this is exactly how I felt!", she cleared her throat, "Well, she's around about fourteen or fifteen, she's...she's really energetic, kinda sweet too. She's...like me if I was...", she considered a few words to fill that gap; 'rich', 'well loved by two parents', 'sheltered'?

Mayday: "...she's beautiful.", Mayday finally said, "And she's quirky, too. Not into all the same things as me. She gets kept in her room a lot I think, and.....she wanted to keep it a secret from her M-...from Mom, but...yeah, she's a mutant.", her smile faltered a little at that.

Cecilia: "What that's a bad thing?" she said, catching the unhappy look when Mayday said her sister was a mutant. "She sounds like a nice kid...that shouldn't matter, right?"

Mayday: "Her power is....ah....i-it's...", Mayday sighed again, "It's...it looks like Eddie's. She has the same kind of power...I think."

Cecilia: Cecilia's face paled slightly at the mention of Ed. "Just 'cause Ed lost his shit doesn't mean she will," she said firmly, feigning a confidence she did not really possess. "He...I'm not entirely sure but I don't think Ed's problems are entirely 'cause of his powers. Some part of him chose to do the things he did...at least that's how I feel. Why else could he control it before and not now?"

Mayday: Mayday shrugged, "I dunno, why could he not use his spider-sense from the outset? He told me his powers grew, like...he learned how to do more and more with it. I think April might do the same, and if she ends up with some thing in her mind trying to call the shots..."

Cecilia: "If she's smart she won't listen to it," Cecilia said quickly. "I wouldn't tell her about Ed losing his shit...that could become a self-fulfilling prophecy, but it could be worth talking to her about the nature of her powers. If she knows more about them she might feel less afraid...I don't think Ed had any precedent to go by...he just dealt with that thing alone..."

Mayday: "Not like he could rely on the love and support of many here. M-myself included...", Mayday admitted, "Like...I don't think anyone knew how to deal with that, or even saw the signs it could be bad. If anything, I just...I wanna protect April from that. I feel like I should, you know?", she smiled weakly, "...she's...my little sister, after all."

Cecilia: "...he didn't make it easy to help him," Cecilia said grimly, looking away. "I like to think I had some idea of his lack of control...I gotta be honest, I don't much care to help him now so much as I want to see him pay...he let me down so badly."

Cecilia: "I think it's natural for siblings to feel responsible for their younger ones or each other," she said. "It's a good thing too, yeah? I don't know what I'd have done without my brother - I probably wouldn't be here if it weren't for him."

Mayday: Mayday nodded, "Speeeeeeaking of brothers...", she smirked a little, "I.....have one of those, too."

Cecilia: Cecilia raised an eyebrow. "Jesus, your mom's been busy...well, let's hear it then. Is he alright?"

Mayday: Shrugging, Mayday frowned a little, "I...haven't met him yet. But apparently he lives in NY, so I can visit any time. I was thinking about getting settled back first, before meeting him."

Cecilia: "Is he a full brother or a half-brother?" Cecilia asked. "Where in NY?"

Mayday: "Full. He's my twin. And...as for where...I...cannot remember. It's in my DFS files though, so I can have a flick through.", Mayday smiled back, "I'm kinda looking forward to it, if I have a brother....man, to imagine he was so close, huh?"

Cecilia: Cecilia hesitated. "Well...just go in with realistic expectations...he doesn't know you, May. 'Sides, brothers aren't always what they're cracked up to be...hell, mine could be a fucking idiot sometimes!" she laughed.

Mayday: "I am being realistic; I said I was looking forward to meeting him, not that I thought we'd be perfect siblings.", Mayday explained, shaking her head, "I'm not the same naive, complacent person I was. It's bad for you as an adult..."

Cecilia: Cecilia raised her hands in an 'I surrender' gesture. "Sorry...I know you're not it's just...old habits die hard, I guess...I know you're not. I don't think anyone who actually dealt with that cult came outta that the same...well, I didn't."

Mayday: Mayday nodded in agreement, "I blame myself in a way, not for it happening, but...you know? Everyone's happy Cassie's back, for example, but....you know? No excuses. It happened and next time, we won't be that lucky..."

Cecilia: Cecilia swallowed hard. "I still..." She didn't continue this though, Fabian never liked to hear about the guilt over Quent, so Mayday probably wouldn't either. "I try not to think about it...but I can't."

Mayday: "I'm the same, but if it's taught me anything, it's to be strong.", Mayday affirmed, hand rubbing Cecilia's shoulder, "Ok? No matter what, we have to be better than this, than them."

Cecilia: Cecilia jerked her shoulder away, angry all of a sudden. "I'm tired of being strong!" she snapped. "Why should I have to be? Why do I have to be the one that holds things together while everyone else falls apart?! I have flashbacks so disorientating I lose all sense of reality, nightmares of eating my own head on a platter and feel constantly on edge! When do I get to break down, huh? When do I get to have my hand held and have people listen to my sob story? Never - that's when!"

Cecilia: She turned and kicked a bouquet of dead flowers over. "…I'm sorry," she said roughly, visibly reigning herself in, her fists clenched. "I just get really angry sometimes I don't know what to do about it...this is so fucking frustrating."

Mayday: Mayday nodded again, remaining silent, "....yeah.", she finally murmured, barely breaking the silence, "...I feel the same. I just...I deal with it differently, I guess."

Cecilia: Cecilia shook her head, scowling. "I don't know if I just seem really competent, or if people think I'm a heartless monster with no feelings or if they just don't look outside themselves but I'm not that strong. I can't be all the time...I came so fucking close to breaking...you have no idea and I swear, if I ever hear one more thing about Quent I will really lose my shit. I have just been waiting for that to be thrown in my face again."

Mayday: "Nobody's that cruel, you need to trust us...", Mayday frowned, "If you want to talk, you could just ask..."

Cecilia: "I don't need to trust anyone other than myself," Cecilia said, raising an eyebrow."As it stands I trust only a few people...the rest I trust in varying degrees depending how on how well I know them and how competent I deem them to be."

Cecilia: "You're one of them," she sighed, shoulders slumping tiredly. "Which is the reason why I'm telling you this. And that's what I got Dai for remember? She's paid to listen to my shit so no-one else has to suffer through it. I don't wanna whine I just...sometimes I like to feel like the sacrifices I made were appreciated. Like I didn't just do it all for nothing…"

Mayday: Sighing again, Mayday nodded, "...sure. It's just...I-I don't even know where this came from. Like, if you're finding it so hard, then....", she shrugged, wiping her forehead, "...I don't know, I just...if you feel like you're whining, then don't. And if you need to talk to someone, just do. I'm your friend, so what if Dai's there?"

Cecilia: "It didn't come from anywhere," Cecilia said, sighing. "I've been frustrated for a long time...and probably will be for a long while yet...hopefully I'll feel better about the whole Galactus thing eventually but not right now...maybe never completely."

Mayday: Remaining silent again, Mayday let her gaze wander over to the flowers. She didn't really have anything to say back - it was true, that was the state of things, these were the scars left. They'd fade in time, but they'd never be gone. Wasn't the 'new her' a homage to that, after all?

Mayday: "...I should go. I-I think....", she muttered, looking back to Cecilia, "There's some stuff I wanna do, like figuring out how my powers are working, you know?"

Cecilia: Cecilia nodded, closing the gap and embracing her friend. "Don't worry so much about everyone else. Spend a little more time thinking about yourself, alright? I'll...well, I'll find my way somehow. I'm glad things are working out for you. I really am, you deserve it."

Mayday: "Mm...", Mayday nodded again, feeling a little silly that all she could respond with was a gesture of her head, "...yeah. Just...isn't that what family's for? To look out for each other?", she offered her friend a weak smile before stepping away, "See you around then, I guess. Good to catch up."

Cecilia: "I'm sure you will," she said, winking cheekily. "In fact, I gotta feeling you'll be like a second roommate." It'd been a mistake to tell her, Cecilia decided. In the future she would not mention it.

Mayday: Waving, Mayday wandered away, rubbing her arm awkwardly as she did so. Sure, people had changed in the wake of crisis, but something in Cecilia seemed to have died…or been replaced. She wasn't sure, but it was something that left her feeling more than a little bit hollow.

Cecilia: Cecilia stared at the dying flowers - they rustled quietly in the breeze in a way reminiscent of a death rattle. All that effort, all that suffering and she didn't feel like she was making a dent in anything. Sure the cult was gone but now there was another with this Hydra thing...what was the point?

Cecilia: She sighed and kicked another group of dead heads down before bending down and beginning to spruce up the memorial a little. She needed to occupy her mind with something anyway - it might as well be this.