5/27 Instance: Kvetching

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

5/27 Instance: Kvetching

Post by Ferguson »

Timelined after Dead Heads

<Mayday> Grinning as she managed to narrowly avoid capture in her game, Mayday leaned forward, legs crossed up on the sofa as she stroked the sticks on her controller gently, watching the soldiers on the screen wander past her.

<Mayday> In her opinion, Metal Gear was a game of patience and skill - two things many players did not have. She, however, prided herself on those skills, and as soon as she saw a gap in the movement of the patrols, she had her Snake avatar make his move.

<Fabian> "There you are." Fabian should have known this would be how he finally found Mayday. He took his seat beside her, looking over to the screen to see exactly what she was doing. "Ahh, enjoying kicking some solid ass I see, always a good time."

<Mayday> "That is so not how you play Metal Gear..." Mayday grinned, not looking to her friend yet, "It's a game of strategy. And I never, ever get caught..."

<Fabian> "That is how I kick ass." Fabian reminded her with a laugh, settling back. "Where've you been keeping yourself?"

<Mayday> Mayday shrugged, "Really busy to be honest, studies, new powers - I hope it's new powers - and also my top secret stealth suit project's almost done." she glanced at him, "And I have a job, they want me in more hours since Jace....ah....well...." she shrugged again, going back to her game, "I don't know, actually."

<Fabian> "It sounds like you could use a break." Fabian poked her shoulder. "The semester's barely started even and here you are with your list of crap."

<Mayday> "I'm fine, haven't you heard? I have someone to help me with that now." she winked back, parking her Snake in a box for cover in a corner and pausing the game, "Janday is a thing now."

<Fabian> "Cee did mention that perhaps her and Janet's room would be empty more often than expected." Fabian smirked wide and approvingly at his friend. "Good on you...it allows me to avoid my room."

<Mayday> Cocking her head to one side, Mayday leaned back, "...oh, oooooh, right. You're with that new guy, huh? What's his face...Walter?" she hummed, "Yeah, seems like a personality clash!"

<Fabian> "He's...something. Ridiculous comes to mind though he's not the most annoying asshole I've gotten to deal with of late." Fabian admitted with a snort.

<Mayday> Mayday shuffled around, "Oh? Lemme guess; someone tried it with Cee? Oh, no, wait....you just found out you failed a test for not using the right colour pen?"

<Fabian> "Oh, I don't think you'd ever be able to guess...though I would be in a sight more trouble if either of those things happened because I'd probably stab an asshole then."

<Mayday> Laughing, Mayday nodded, "I could see that, scarily enough." she confessed, "Alright, then what else? Who's grinding my nerf-herder's gears?"

<Fabian> "Apparently Jamie firmly believes it's my fault he died billions of times." Fabian just tossed it out there for her to see.

<Mayday> "....he fucking what!?" Mayday spat, "...t-that...that jerk! How...h-how could he say that!?" she shook her head, "This...this is exactly what Cee was saying she was worried about, h-how could he even bring himself to..."

<Mayday> She took a deep breath, "No...no, I am not gonna go and kick his face in, but....God, how dare he! I-I mean, what, does he blame Johnny for burning him alive? Or, gee, I don't know, his tart girlfriend who slept with the man who dragged him to 'cannibal cooking class'!?"

<Fabian> "You know about that, too?" Fabian just had to chuckle as she brought up Jean and Quentin. "I may have instructed him to ask her about things. I hope I've not sunk anything but I'll take some joy in imagining that talk."

<Fabian> He shook his head though, slumping further into his seat. "Oh, get this, apparently one of the reasons he doesn't blame Cee is that she's sorry...what does she have to be sorry about, can you explain that?"

<Mayday> "She doesn't! What an asshole! What a complete asshole!" Mayday huffed, "So, what, he want Jean to be sorry for gettin' porked by him? Or...or how about not having the balls to stick up for himself and face Quentin alone?"

<Mayday> Mayday curled a fist, "If I see him, I'ma smack him so frickin' hard, I don't even care..."

<Fabian> "Then you'll just be the asshole who hit the cannibal victim." Fabian pointed out. "That's basically the only reason I didn't do anything if I'm to be completely honest. He'll get around to being more reasonable...mind, he doesn't like me much anyway."

<Mayday> "Because, what, you gave him advice on how to get a girl that - by the way - he's with?" Mayday groaned, "Just....what a fucking asshole! I mean, I know he went through hell, but blaming JUST you? Why not...w-why not all of us?"

<Fabian> "Well, more the former terrorist who he still sometimes calls terrorist who got mad about him following him around." Fabian shrugged innocently. "And I befriended Quentin more than everyone else in his mind I guess."

<Mayday> Mayday shook her head, "So what? And that doesn't make you exclusively the one to blame." she frowned, reaching across and hugging him, "I'm sorry, I just... I can't believe he said that to you. I know it's easier if you can blame someone but...God..."

<Fabian> "Well, as I see it I'm not to blame at all." Fabian chuckled though and took the offered hug. "Yeah, that pretty much summarizes it. Do me a favour though?"

<Mayday> Moving back, Mayday smiled, "Sure, depending on the favour. Like...I can't push him out of a window, it'd be way against my 'Lawful Good' nature." she giggled.

<Fabian> "Lawful Good? What am I then? No, I just don't want you to breathe a word of it to Cee. It's really the last thing she needs."

<Mayday> "You know I literally spoke to her like...a few hours ago?" Mayday sighed, "Yeah, I totally get you. I'll make sure to keep it zipped." she affirmed with a little nod.

<Fabian> "You're never far away from one of us." Fabian informed Mayday, giving her one of his best creeper grins. "We're always with you, Mayday. Always."

<Mayday> Mayday shook her head slowly, "...please never do that again." she shuddered, grinning all the same, "You so crazy, Cortez..."

<Fabian> "I'll try to resist the temptation but I make no promises. I get terribly bored sometimes." He just laughed, reaching up and ruffling her hair. "You're pretty crazy sometimes, too, Parker, but we'll deal with it."
PanicSwitch
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Re: 5/27 Instance: Kvetching

Post by PanicSwitch »

Ah the things people keep from Cecilia :) though it could be they know she's spoiling for a fight on this matter. Sneaky, sneaky guys. :shifty
Magneto: "That was really Xorn's twin brother possessed by the sentient mould, Sublime, pretending to be me, pretending to be Xorn."
Beast: "That defies all logic."
Magneto: "Ohhh like none of you have ever died before!"
-Death Becomes Them, Floating Hands Studios

The Thing: "Didn't they come up with a cure for your kind?"
Wolverine: "You gotta problem with mutants?"
The Thing: "I meant Canadians."
-Astonishing X-Men #7