5/27 Instance: Fashionable Friendship

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

5/27 Instance: Fashionable Friendship

Post by Slarti »

Current timeline

<Jean> Jean sat at her desk, staring into the depths of her lighted mirror. She blinked, leaning in close and raising an eyebrow to study the arch of it before reaching up with the tweezers for oooone more pluck. "Ow," she muttered.

<Idie> Idie fumbled with the door handle a few times before she gave up and knocked with her forehead, "Jeeeeeeeean! Are you in there?! Open up! Hands are full of shopping!"

<Jean> With a little jump, Jean accidentally yanked a a small group of hairs. "Ow!" Oh. My. God. That was totally going to fuck up the bottom line on that eyebrow!! "Fuuuuuuck," she growled under her breath.

<Jean> "Yeah, I'm here! Give me a sec..." She got up, one hand over her stinging eye as she went to the door. "I might need an ice pack..."

<Idie> "I can totally help with that." Idie hefted her bags and gave Jean a grin when the door opened.

<Jean> "Oh yeah..." She uncovered her eye and grinned, distracted now. "Ooooo, lots of shopping!"

<Idie> "There were so many sales! I couldn't pick just one!" She flopped back onto her bed, surrounded by bags from expensive department stores.

<Jean> "Get anything good? And by good I mean things that are pink that I can borrow?" Jean rubbed at her eyebrow a bit and peered into one of the bags.

<Idie> "Uh... probably.... It's bad that I can't remember what I bought, isn't it?"

<Jean> "No! Because then you won't miss something if I steal it!" Jean decided this meant it was open season on the bag in front of her and she hooked it open with a finger to see if anything looked good.

<Idie> "Oh hey, we're roomies - kinda thought sharing was a given," She sat up to start going through her haul.

<Jean> Jean looked up at Idie with a bright smile. "Oh my God, you're such a better roomie than the goth and the zombie!"

<Idie> Idie paused in her rummaging to stare at Jean for a long moment, "Okay... I'm new here so when people say things like 'zombie' I'm not sure if they're kidding...."

<Jean> "So not kidding." Jean pushed her hand through her hair and sat down on Idie's bed. "There were zombies on the very first mission I went on with the X-Men."

<Idie> "... Ewwww...." Idie wrinkled her nose, "Zombies have got to smell pretty bad...."

<Jean> "...yes." Jean shuddered and pulled a shirt from the bag. Oooo! "And that Melody girl can control them. She was my roommate last year."

<Idie> "Creepy!" Idie looked around, "That's the worst kind of power ever!"

<Jean> "Yeah, but that Cassie girl was my other roommate and she got eaten by cannibals and then, like, came back to life... so I guess she's sort of a zombie too?" She hadn't thought about it that way before. She lived with two zombie-type people!

<Idie> Idie's eyes were huge, "And I let her eat lunch with me!"

<Jean> Jean looked up at Idie, her own nose wrinkled. "Yeah and I had to sleep in the same room with them!" Although, Cassie hadn't been dead at the time. Just weird.

<Idie> Idie wrinkled her nose again, "I don't think I could sleep in the same room as someone with zombie powers...."

<Jean> "I tried not to, but sometimes... yeah." Jean held the shirt up to her and looked down to gauge its cuteness level.

<Idie> Idie looked her over, "Ooooh! Fashion show!"

<Jean> "EEEE! This must happen!" Jean gleeclapped and dug back into the bag to pull out the contents.

<Idie> Idie up-ended the bags on her bed, spilling their contents to better enable the selection process.

<Jean> That made things so much easier, and Jean zeroed in on something pink and snatched it up.

<Idie> Idie started arranging things into piles of tops, bottoms, shoes and accessories. "So... any of the other girls around here like shopping or what?"

<Jean> "Yep, and a couple of the teachers!" This pink shirt was so hers. So, so hers.

<Idie> "Woo! The way everyone's been talking around me I'm crazy for wanting to have some fun in college. Please tell me I'm not going to end up like that I think I might have to get back on the plane."

<Jean> "Lots of them like to take themselves pretty seriously around here," she agreed. The pink shirt went on over her thin tank top and she was pleased by her new pinkness.

<Idie> "Well they should knock it off, we're all here to learn and they'll make no friends that way... and they'll get no invites to sales."

<Jean> Jean held up her hand for a high five. "You're so right, girlfriend!"

<Idie> Idie laughed and high-fived her, "And with no sales they get no cute shoes!" Idie picked up a pair to underline her point with.

<Jean> "And without cute shoes, what the hell good is life?!" Jean decided she approved of this roommate.

<Idie> "I know, right?!" Idie was glad her roommate was normal.

<Jean> "Okay!" She clapped her hands and jumped up, gathering up an outfit. "Fashion show time!"