5/28 Instance: Groupie

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

5/28 Instance: Groupie

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

timeline: after This is Fucking Awesome and The Mansy

Rachel: Rachel had collected the pink coat from Fabian, and then she'd mistakenly set it with Paige's. Looking between the two blindingly pink coats, she felt totally weird smelling them to tell the difference. The one that smelled minty and faintly of cigarettes had to belong to Paige. Well, she hoped so because she was already taking the remaining one to Alison's room and knocking on the door.

Alison: "Come iiiiin." Alison called out, fussing over her jewelry as she got ready for her next class. The necklace she had been wearing kept getting tangled up in her headphones and, while she probably really shouldn't be listening to anything during math she still wanted that problem to go away.

Rachel: Opening the door, Rachel wasn't quite sure to make of the outfit, though she also imagined she wasn't exactly the person to judge. However, she liked to think she wasn't that blinding. When her brain had recovered from the shock, she held out the coat in her hand as she said, "Hey... So, I think this one is yours...."

Alison: "Oh, hi! Thank you, I hope it was great for your performance, Xi'an told me all about it and I'm so sad I missed it!" She grinned and took the coat back, waving Rachel on in to have a seat. "Next time you all do karaoke though I absolutely must come!"

Rachel: This amount of cheer... It was strange coming from someone that wasn't Paige, but she still moved to pull one of the chairs out from under the desk to take a seat. She mustered a smile in return, replying, "The next time needs to involve a bit less tequila, but I'm sure I could survive another round of karaoke sometime, if you want."

Alison: "Oh, I absolutely want. I can't hold much tequila, hon, but I can hold a note just fine!" Alison laughed and moved to put the coat away. "You're a teacher, too, right? What is it you teach?"

Rachel: "Apparently, Paige and I can't hold tequila either, and I don't recommend being sick in Vito's bathrooms," Rachel replied with a slight face, partially at the fuzzy memories of the bathroom not going how she'd intended when she'd suggested it to her girlfriend and partially at being called 'hon'. Moving past the term of endearment, she curiously asked, "You sing?"

Rachel: Then, she nodded in answer to what she'd been asked, "And, yeah, it's my first year teaching - psychic defense and drawing."

Alison: "Oh yeah, I sing, I do most everything with music, bit obsessed really...and psychic defense sounds hard and scary, I won't lie." Alison just laughed though, turning back around to Rachel.

Rachel: "I do a bit with music as well. I play bass and piano, and I can sing," Rachel admitted, snorting a bit, "I can be hard and scary." Especially where Monet was involved. "But totally worth not having people in your mind, I suppose. It just takes some practice."

Alison: "Oh yeah? We should go down to the music room sometime!" Yes, more people to play with. "The nice Canadian boy down the way, Walt? He's pretty good, I heard him playing guitar last night. Well, I'm not in your class yet but maybe next semester."

Rachel: "He did karaoke and was pretty awesome, and I actually spend a good deal of time in the music room with the band I'm in," she nodded. Okay, the cheeriness was something she could easily adjust to, likely because she lived with the queen of nice and happy.

Rachel: With a smirk, she teased a little, "How are classes so far this semester? Taking anything interesting? I mean, obviously nothing too awesome because you'll have to wait until next semester for mine, but, y'know..."

Alison: "Hey now, I'm in most of Miss Guthrie's classes so you can't say they're not exciting, right?" Alison chuckled again. "Basically them, Theater, and Gym...so, a band?" Her interest was piqued most certainly. "What kind of music do you play?"

Rachel: "Seeing as I'm her girlfriend, I suppose I can't," Rachel laughed as she gave a small shrug, "Yeah, with Mayday and Melati. It's mostly punk covers and stuff like that, but I imagine we could do most anything."

Alison: "That's really cool, can I come and listen to you guys practice sometime or something? I'm really starting to miss doing group music things."

Rachel: "Yeah, sure," she answered, "I imagine we'll probably get together whenever Mayday gets back here."

Alison: "Ah, I was going to say, I don't think I've met a Mayday yet. I'd think that'd be a name I'd remember." Alison was all grins now with the promise of music. "So...are you doing anything now?"

Rachel: "Really awesome, geeky ginger with spider powers," Rachel supplied, deciding that pretty much summed up Mayday. Then, she gave another shake of her head, "Not really. I figured you should have your coat back before it's lost with everything else pink in our room."

Alison: "...you want to go down to the music room then? They won't accuse you of musical infidelity if you play a few things with me, right?"

Rachel: She got to her feet and pushed the chair back in with a grin, "Of course, and... I don't think so. If they do, then I've cheated on them with a few different people, Fabian being the latest in my string of musical mistresses."

Alison: Alison hopped right up, preparing for class completely forgotten other than grabbing her bag. "Lets go then!"

Rachel: As she slipped out into the hall, Rachel waited to make sure Alison was following, falling into stride next to her as she started toward the music room, asking, "What sort of music are you into?"

Alison: "...everything." Alison answered quite honestly. "I mean, I live in Nashville so the things you'd think there but pretty much everything."

Rachel: "Nice. I suppose I'm pretty open to things but classical..." she shook her head. While she had a certain fondness for classical music because of Josh, that was about as far as her interest in it went. "I can play a lot of it on piano, but I find it far less enjoyable."

Alison: "We'll find plenty of things to play then." Alison grinned, rubbing her hands together quite happily as they soon found themselves in the music room.

Rachel: Rachel debated, torn between settling at the piano or going for one of the guitars, and eventually settled on the bass. Picking it up, she pulled the strap over her shoulder, plucking the strings to see how badly it needed tuned, "Anything particular in mind?" With a smirk, she added, "We could do a rendition of Thrift Shop. Make up for missing karaoke."

Alison: "I don't know it but I can work it out." Alison nodded, picking up one of the other guitars. "You start and I'll jump in?"

Rachel: As she finished up tuning the bass, Rachel assured the other girl with a wide grin, "Oh, it's fantastic, and you're missing out... So, I'll gladly start."

Alison: Soon enough Alison started playing along. Another moment later she let a few lights start appearing and pulsing with the beat.

Rachel: At the sudden bursts of light, Rachel fumbled a few of the notes and had to quickly recover from her shock while exclaiming, "Whoa!"

Alison: "Oh! I'm sorry, yeah, that's me. Hey, maybe I can be an impromptu light show for you guys sometime?"

Rachel: Squinting as she tried to take in all the lights, Rachel shook her head as she insisted, "A light show would be totally awesome, and there's nothing to be sorry for because it's pretty cool. Looks a lot more exciting than telekinesis and telepathy."

Alison: "Well...it does look pretty. I don't know how useful it can be but at least it's sparkly!"

Rachel: "Well, you could definitely blind people you don't like," she said as that was the first use to come to mind. She'd have to work on thinking of any others.

Alison: Alison nodded, "I can't imagine I'd have much use for blinding anyone though. So far everyone's really great here!"

Rachel: Rachel could think of many people to blind for various reasons, however she decided she shouldn't shatter the girl's belief that everyone around was fantastic. "Yep, mostly everyone is pretty cool, but I suppose if you're just blinding them with awesomeness, it'd be okay, right?" she smirked over at her.

Alison: "Yeah, I think I can live with that. I hope people like me so far anyway." Alison laughed and strummed along. "Though I think sometimes I might just talk a lot and talk over any protests someone might have to continuing to listen to me. Nobody's just flat out walked away though so I guess that's something, right?"

Rachel: Rachel adjusted the volume slightly to make speaking easier. Well, hearing was another factor because she was convinced she was already half-deaf, and why make things harder for herself? "Definitely something," she nodded, shooting Alison a smile, "But, for what it's worth, I like you well enough."

Alison: "Thanks!" Alison had ways of making herself heard above the guitar. "So when does the rest of your band get back? I can't wait to hear."

Rachel: "Well, Mel's around and totally hard to miss since she spends the majority of her time wandering around as the lizard girl," Rachel answered, "And, I don't think I've seen Mayday around yet, but she's another redhead… just with spider powers."

Alison: "Well, let me know when you've got a practice or something and if it's okay for me to crash it to listen, okay?" Alison gave another alarmingly bright grin.

Rachel: "Will do," she assured her as she returned the grin with one of her own, which wasn't anywhere near as bright, "For now, I guess you're just stuck with me."

Alison: "That's not so bad." Alison assured her. "We sound pretty awesome."