5/28 Instance: Wild Horses

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

5/28 Instance: Wild Horses

Post by Ferguson »

Current Timeline

Sophie: Sophie sat down with her plate at the dining room table. She situated herself slightly then began to eat the first thing on her plate, starting at the top.

Cecilia: Cecilia sauntered into the dining room with her own dinner - fajitas, salad, salsa and sour cream - smiling at the sight of a blonde haired girl at the table. "Hey, you're one of the new kids, right?" she said, sitting in one of the chairs nearby.

Sophie: Finishing her bite of salad, Sophie looked over to Cecilia. New kid? "New to the school yes, but I think I am past the kid stage of my life."

Cecilia: "Sweet, I'm Cecilia," she said, reaching over and offering her hand. "How're you finding it here so far?"

Sophie: "I am Sophie Snow." She did not touch the hand, instead taking another bite of salad. "I find everything just fine."

Cecilia: Cecilia bristled a little as the other girl completely ignored the handshake. The fuck was that all about? Did this lily-white princess think she was dirty or something? She frowned at the precise and cold manner she spoke in - probably.

Cecilia: "Well, nice to hear everything's to your liking, princess," she deadpanned, starting in on her own food.

Sophie: "My name is not 'Princess.' I am Sophie. We had a dog named Princess once. She died." She took another bite of salad.

Cecilia: Cecilia blinked. Wow...rich (judging from her clothes), pretty and dumb as a fucking doornail. That was a winning combination right there. "It's an expression, sweetheart. A nickname, you do know what nickname's are, right?" She fucking hoped so or this was gonna be a very frustrating conversation.

Sophie: "I have never had a nickname before. I don't like it. I am Sophie. Call me Sophie." She moved to the macaroni salad that was at the 3 o'clock position on her plate, eating it next.

Cecilia: Cecilia raised her eyebrows. Yep...dumb as hell. "Alright then, Sophie." Why the hell was she not looking at her when she was talking to her? She could feel herself getting more and more pissed off as this continued. Did someone say something about her? Or was she just some sorta snob that didn't like black people?

Sophie: "Thank you, Cecilia." Sophie took another bite of food, oblivious to Cecilia's anger and irritation. As she reminded herself to glance up at the person, she lost a little control over her powers. "I went to Puerto Rico a few summers ago."

Cecilia: Cecilia was about to say a very sarcastic 'you're welcome' but the sudden talk of Puerto Rico took the words from her mouth. "...you did?" Where the fuck did that come from? It was almost uncanny that she'd been thinking about La Perla just now. "I was born in San Juan..."

Sophie: "I was born in Beverly Hills, California." Sophie finished her macaroni salad and moved to the grilled chicken at the 6 o'clock position on her plate.

Cecilia: "Jesus fuck..." she muttered. "So I guess you're real rich then, huh? You're not a member of the Hellfire Club by any chance, right?" It'd be just her luck if she was.

Sophie: "I go to the Hellfire Club with Julian and Esme. They make good cherry cokes. I like cherry coke."

Cecilia: "Julian and Esme?" she said. "I have no goddamn idea who those people are."

Sophie: "You said bad words. You have to pay Professor Guthrie for those."

Cecilia: "Not when she's not around I don't," Cecilia laughed. "Besides, what's so bad about the word 'fuck'? It's just a word, it doesn't hurt anybody."

Sophie: "It costs you a quarter in Professor Guthrie's jar," Sophie repeated.

Cecilia: Cecilia just snorted again. "She's gotta catch me first. I don't know about you but I don't have a hell of a lotta money to just throw away," she said, dipping her fajita in some sour cream. "Don't worry about it anyways. It's my problem, not yours."

Cecilia: She thought about DNA chains and wondered which ones crossed to make someone just this special. Maybe it was the same ones that made Jamie.

Sophie: Money... money Sophie had. She reached into her purse and passed a few bills across the table. "Have some money."

Cecilia: Cecilia grit her teeth. "I don't need your damn money," she snapped. What the fuck was going on? Well, it seemed prudent ask. "Seriously, are you just that stupid or did your parents drop you as a child? Look at me when I'm talking to you!" she said roughly, her anger spiking suddenly. "It's fucking rude not to look at someone when they're speaking to you! What, am I so ugly that you can't stand to look at me?!"

Sophie: The fork dropped quickly from Sophie's hand as she used both hands to cover her ears. She was yelling at her. Why was she yelling at her?! She had been nice. She hadn't taken over the conversation. She wanted to go home. People were so confusing! On the verge of tears, Sophie tried to get to her feet without taking her hands from her ears.

Cecilia: Cecilia frowned and felt her heart drop a little. What the hell did she do? God fucking dammit. This was easily the fifth or sixth time she'd made someone cry this year. "What do you have super-hearing or something? Look, Sophie, I'm just asking to be treated like a damn person. You don't need to get all spazzed out over it."

Sophie: Sophie backed up from Cecilia, pressing her back against the wall. "Sir Barton, Gallant Fox, Omaha, War Admiral...." She continued to mutter the rest of the Triple Crown winners, stopping only when she got to Affirmed, the final one. "I have Asperger's..." she told her, finally dropping her hands from her ears. "I'm not stupid, I have Asperger's."

Cecilia: Cecilia felt stomach drop. She was officially a monster. "...God, why didn't you tell me? Jesus Christ...if I'd known I wouldn't have...I'm going to be a doctor eventually I would've known what to expect!"

Sophie: "I did tell you..." Sophie argued, wondering if she should put her hands back on her ears.

Cecilia: "I meant when I first met you," Cecilia clarified. "I thought you weren't shaking my hand or looking at me 'cause you were being rude, not 'cause it makes you uncomfortable." She had some knowledge of Asperger's syndrome and autism from class and her own readings...this would also explain why she took everything so literally. Clearly she'd have to speak to her in the manner she did when around Laura.

Sophie: "Because I'm not supposed to say: 'Hi, my name is Sophie and I have Asperger's.'" She shifted her weight uncomfortably.

Cecilia: ...fair enough, Cecilia thought. She was sorta caught between a rock and hard place there. If she did say it that would come off as weird to most people but if she said nothing she would probably just written off as rude. "No, I suppose not."

Cecilia: "I'm sorry," she said. "I didn't know and I misunderstood your intentions...if you want me to go I will." She felt like curling up under a rock and dying anyways.

Sophie: "You haven't finished your dinner. It's dinner time." Sophie moved back to the table to finish her own dinner.

Cecilia: "No...I suppose I haven't." She didn't feel very hungry anymore though. Still, if she stopped eating and passed out later she'd never hear the end of it from Fabian, so she forced it down. "…who is Sir Barton, Gallant Fox, Omaha and War Admiral?" she asked a minute later, curiosity getting the better of her.

Sophie: "Triple Crown winners." Sophie took her next bite of dinner.

Cecilia: "Winners of what?" Cecilia said, gesturing with her fork. "You'll have to be more specific. I can't read your mind now."

Sophie: Sophie just stared at Cecilia a bit. "The Triple Crown of thoroughbred racing, often shortened to Triple Crown, consists of three races for three-year-old thoroughbred horses. Winning all three of these thoroughbred horse races is considered the greatest accomplishment of a thoroughbred racehorse."

Sophie: "The Kentucky Derby, Preakness, and Belmont Stakes. Winners have been Sir Barton, Gallant Fox, Omaha, War Admiral, Whirlaway, Count Fleet, Assault, Citation, Secretariat, Seattle Slew, and Affirmed."

Cecilia: "So which one was Seabiscuit in, then?" Cecilia chuckled. "Sorry, that's a joke there, you don't have to answer that...I can't say I know much about horses. I grew up in the Bronx mostly but I do know a few things about seahorses."

Sophie: "Seabiscuit ran against War Admiral in a match race. Seabiscuit won, but he is not a Triple Crown winner."

Cecilia: "Hmmm," Cecilia hummed. "I guess the award matters in the long run, yeah?"

Sophie: "Only 11 horses have ever won it since 1875."

Cecilia: "You know a lot about this sorta thing," Cecilia noted. "Interested in racing?"

Sophie: "Horses. I like horses. I have a horse. His name is Stardust. We won the Olympic silver medal in eventing this summer."

Cecilia: "Holy shit, you won the Olympic medal?!" Cecilia said, around a mouthful of fajita. "Y'know, we had another person here who trained for the olympics...but I'm not sure if she ever made it. It was for cycling though."

Cecilia: "I'm guessing he's a thoroughbred?"

Sophie: "No... he's a hanoverian." Sophie took another bite of her dinner, moving to the carrot sticks at the 9 o'clock position on her plate.

Cecilia: Cecilia wouldn't know a hanoverian from a hole in the ground but this was apparently a favourite topic of Sophie's. In a way, she was sorta similar when it came to biology. "You're a neat eater," she said, gesturing to the plate.

Sophie: "I eat one thing at a time in order," Sophie explained, crunching another carrot stick.

Cecilia: "In a clockwise direction too," Cecilia noted. She looked down at her plate, apparently she was a bit of an everywhere at once sorta eater. "Well, at least I know what to expect from you, right? Most people can't say the same for me."

Cecilia: "...so I know you're from California, I know you're an Olympic medalist and have a horse named Stardust and that you drink cherry coke in the Hellfire Club...so what're you're powers then?"

Sophie: "I am a telepath and I turn to diamond." Sophie crunched another carrot stick. "I also link with my sister."

Cecilia: Cecilia pulled up her mental shields as soon as she heard the word 'telepath.' Well, that explained where the random ass Puerto Rico comment had come from. "Huh that's...a very interesting combo." Shit, now she was thinking of Quent...again.

Cecilia: Vaguely, she wondered if returning to the school (despite enjoying being there) was a really the best idea. She was running into reminders of the cult daily and her PTSD was only getting worse the longer she was here...but what choice did she really have? She couldn't afford to attend another university.

Cecilia: "So where's your sister? She gotta class now or something?"

Sophie: "Esme has better control than I do. I hear things all the time. She might be in jail today. She is still in California. I always bail her out. I don't know who will bail her out now that I'm here."

Cecilia: "What does she go to jail for?" Cecilia asked, curious.

Sophie: "Shoplifting. She thinks it's fun. I don't think it's fun." Sophie shook her head a bit.

Cecilia: Shoplifting? Now that was interesting. What the hell did a rich white person need to shoplift for? "I don't think so either," Cecilia agreed. Funnily enough she'd been accused of shoplifting before but she hadn't done it...but that was a truly terrible memory and not really one she wanted to dwell on.

Cecilia: She got up and picked up her now empty plate. "Well, it was nice talking to you, Sophie...sorry about the misunderstanding again."

Sophie: Sophie started to say nothing, but she remembered she was supposed to say goodbye to people. "Goodbye, Cecilia."

Cecilia: Cecilia raised a hand in goodbye. "See you later, Sophie."