5/30 Instance: The Blind Laundering the Blind

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

5/30 Instance: The Blind Laundering the Blind

Post by Slarti »

Current timeline

<Alison> Alison stuffed the washer full, mumbling the words to the song she had just been listening to a moment before. She paused, frowning at the fabric softener and the detergent. Did they go in at the same time? If they did why not just put fabric softener in the detergent? There were too many questions involved in laundry products.

<Alison> She went ahead and put them both in and turned on the machine. After a few moments, however, she realized she had another question. Where had her headphones gone? "Noooooo!"

<Jean> Jean came back to the laundry room to check on the machine and was alarmed that there seemed to be bubbles frothing up around the lid. "Oh fuck me! Not again!"

<Jean> Using her teke to flip the lid back, the bubbles billowed forth. "Noooooo!"

<Alison> Alison opened the other lid, digging for her headphones and grousing as she came back with a sogging mess of tangle. "You too, huh?" She asked, poking her head out to see who had joined her in the laundry room. "Why can't there be a mutant that destroys stains? That'd be a useful power to have."

<Jean> Jean jumped and squeaked. She hadn't even noticed the other girl! Maybe because she was head down in the washer herself. "No kidding..." She scooped some bubbles out and flicked them onto the floor. "Ewwwww......"

<Alison> "I know." Alison just held up her poor, mangled headphones. "I think I accidentally destroy something every time." She put the lid down on her washer and looked to Jean. "Need any help? I'm sure there's a bucket or something to scoop with somewhere."

<Jean> "Awww, thanks! You're Alison, right?" Jean was pleased she'd been paying attention enough to remember. She had all the new students names now! It was a complete collection! ....maybe she'd been around Jamie too much...

<Jean> "I think I'll just try my teke... less wetness. Hopefully!" She held up her crossed fingers.

<Alison> "Yeah! That's me. You're...Jean?" Alison ducked her head to the side, holding up her crossed fingers as well as she hoped she had said the right name. "That's right, you can move stuff! That has got to be great. I mean, I like my powers and all but I don't really think they're all that practical...but they're pretty!"

<Jean> "They're handy when they work right!" Jean grinned and tried to remember if she remembered this girl's powers. "So what do you do?"

<Jean> Turning half her attention to the machine, she tried to gather the bubbles into a... well, bubble. The sphere of bubbles slowly lifted out of the machine and wobbled over it.

<Alison> Alison figured if Jean could show she might as well follow suit, making lights around Jean's bubble of bubbles flash about. "I think we've made a homemade disco ball!" She was more excited about this than any sane human had a right to be.

<Jean> "OH MY GOD!" Jean squeeed and clapped her hands, making the bubble wobble all the more. "That's fucking awesome!"

<Alison> "Awww, thank you!" Jean was joined on the clapping as well as Alison was excited for the approval. "I hope I can do more with it but it's really fun just with this. So how long have you been here?"

<Jean> "You're so welcome! Preeeeeetty!" Jean was at a loss with what to do with her bubble now, and dumped it behind the machine with a plop before going in for more. "Um... well, I didn't start actually, like, going to class until last spring so I'm kind of a freshman too."

<Alison> "Awesome! So we'll be here together for a long time! I'll admit, I was a bit nervous about starting college because I didn't really know what I wanted to do and I wasn't the best student ever but so far this place seems really great. I mean, Professor Guthrie is awesome and everyone's been really nice. You should come over to my dorm with Xi'an sometime! Who are you with?"

<Jean> "Another freshman - Idie. She's soooooooooo so so so much better than the zombies I was with last year." Jean nodded emphatically, her long red ponytail bobbing. "It's not bad... I went to another college first, but... yeah, I ended up here."

<Alison> "Oooh, Idie, I've seen her! She had this jacket that I really, really wanted...zombies? Seriously? Didn't they...." Alison leaned in to whisper conspiratorily despite the fact they were alone. "smell?"

<Jean> "Well... not really. Cassie wasn't actually dead while I was living with her... just a goth. Or something. Not really a goth, I guess, because she's like... perky. But gothy perky?" Jean considered this, nose wrinkled and keeping her own voice down. "Melody more controls zombies than is a zombie... but the zombies she did control.... OMFG."

<Alison> "...so Cassie's dead now?" The undead were here! Alison's Baptist upbringing didn't know how to handle that other than taking a leaf out of Jean's book. "OMG!" She shuddered and decided just to push that aside. "So...Melody doesn't just...bring zombies around the school, does she?"

<Jean> "YES! SHE'S TOTALLY DEAD! HOW WEIRD IS THAT?!" Jean had almost gotten the bubbles out now. She could see clothes! ...they looked funny. "No... she made them, like, attack the city hall in Detroit."

<Alison> "SO WEIRD!" Alison agreed, shuddering. "How does that even work?" Her mind could go no further than trying to fathom out the inner-workings of Cassie. "Oh! I remember the Detroit thing in the news! That was so creepy! I mean, at least they weren't like zombie zombies but still, terrifying!"

<Jean> "YES! I WAS THERE!" Jean remembered she was supposed to keep her voice down and cringed. "I was there! It was my first, like, mission thingie!"

<Alison> "Oh Lord, so what did you have to do? I don't think i could have done it. I mean, there were so many!"

<Jean> "Um... well... I kinda freaked out. I might have.... like... hid." Jean wasn't sure if she should be embarrassed or not, but she was.

<Alison> "I would have been right there with you and probably being sick." Alison admitted, "But everything turned out all right, didn't it?"

<Jean> "She did it because she wanted her kid back from the state or something... thank GOD she didn't get him back before semester." Jean leaned in to whisper. "I so heard she got him back now and he's a zombie too! Zombie baby!"

<Alison> Babies were cute...but zombies were zombies. Alison didn't know how to react to the news of a zombie baby being amongst them. She also didn't know how to imagine that birth went but she'd just hold all that for until she met Melody's baby. "I can't imagine having a roommate with a baby. I mean, there's only so much room and all the toys. I'm sure she's worked something out, though."

<Jean> "I don't know and I so don't wanna!" Jean was well out of that, as far as she was concerned. She reached into the machine and lifted out a sock. It made a fizzy noise.

<Jean> Slamming the lid shut on it, she turned the machine back on to let it run back through the rinse cycle.

<Alison> Alison wasn't sure the socks were supposed to sound like rice krispies but Jean probably knew her way around the laundry facilities here all ready. "Yeah, same here, not exactly what you expect for your college dorm. I'm glad she got her back though, that's nice."

<Jean> Jean just gave Alison a look like she'd peed on the floor. That was when the contents of the washer shifted and the thumping started. "Oh my God!"

<Alison> Alison squeaked and backed away from the washer. "There is no way that's supposed to make that noise, is there?" She took a few more steps back, just in case.

<Jean> She hopped onto the top of the washer to ride it out. "I really really wish my mom still did this!"

<Alison> "Me, too." Alison gave a suspicious look to her own washer. Any minute now she was sure something terrible was going to happen so, as she opened it, she was prepared for the worst. "I have pink sheets..."

<Jean> "...so do I but I kinda think you mean you weren't supposed to have pink sheets?" The washer had settled down, but she didn't trust it just yet.

<Alison> "I didn't intend to but now they're much more awesome!" The washer had magical pinking abilities, who knew?!

<Jean> Jean hopped off the washer and checked inside. The suds were gone, and in their place were clothes. Pink clothes. "Oh.... oh my God."

<Alison> "What's wrong?" Oh, there were her red leggings. Alison looked at the leggings in her hands...then she looked at her sheets. "Well, hon, I just saved a ton on new bedding."

<Jean> "Well... I, um, don't think it's wrong 'cause I looooove pink. Like, love, but Jamie might not..." Jean pulled out a pair of mens' underwear, that was now a lovely light pink.

<Alison> Alison covered her mouth to hold in some of the giggle that came spilling out. "Aw, but you can say you made them for him! If you do that then he'll have to like them!" Of this Alison was absolutely certain.

<Jean> "OH! I should get some fabric paint and draw hearts on them!" Jean was now getting inspiration from the wet pinky tighties in her hand.

<Alison> "There's a costume closet where we can get supplies!" That I had become a we because Alison was digging through the rest of her laundry to see what else she could transform today. Today was a day for bedazzling!

<Jean> Jean looked at the other girl with a look altogether too eager. Oh my God, this year was getting better and better! "That's the best idea, like, ever!" She was already dragging more wet and pinkish clothes out of the washer.

<Alison> "I guess we at least have to get them dried as quick as we can then, huh?" Alison loaded up her dryer, still looking for potential things to add copious amounts of sequins to. "I think we've just made laundry fun!"

<Jean> "ZOMG, this so means we're laundry buddies!" Jean pulled out one of Jamie's shirts and winced before stuffing it into the dryer. Wow... her pink pants weren't quite as pink anymore.

<Alison> "We are!" Alison clapped happily once the last of her wet clothes were in the dryer. "This has to be a thing now, right?"

<Jean> "Until ALL the clothes are pink!!" Jean's ponytail flopped again with the strength of her nod.
Chaos
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: Mr. President
Nightscrawlearth Character: :venom :spidey etc.

Re: 5/30 Instance: The Blind Laundering the Blind

Post by Chaos »

MOTHER OF GOD

WHAT HAVE YOU UNLEASHED
TechPrincess
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Little BABY!! Fairy <3
Nightscrawlearth Character: :jean :emma :husk

Post by TechPrincess »

Piiiiiiiiiiiiiink!
Paige :husk -------- Emma :emma -------- Hope :jean
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pushed Beaver
Nightscrawlearth Character: :quicksilver :invisiblewoman :spiderwoman

Post by Svartfreja »

Lmfao! Poor Jamie!
:quicksilver Pietro Maximoff [Quicksilver]

Quicksilver: Howisshe?Isshealright?Imusetspeakwithmysisteratonce.
Hawkeye: What is that noise?
IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

Heee! I'm loving the girls