5/30 Instance: Black Hearts

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

5/30 Instance: Black Hearts

Post by Slarti »

Timelined a couple days after Go the Bleep to Sleep

<Shaw> Watching the last of his students file out of the classroom, Sebastian reached into his desk drawer and pulled out a small bottle. After applying a liberal splash into his coffee, he shrugged and took a swig from the bottle as well.

<Cassie> "I see the life as a teacher hasn't managed to change all your habits yet," the raven-haired girl commented, after having silently appeared behind him to sneak a peek over his shoulder. "Or has your new job made you pick up that hobby? Both sounds plausible now that I think about it."

<Shaw> He jumped and ducked - he couldn't help it. Once he realized who was behind him, he twisted in the chair to look up at her with a smirk. "You lot certainly know how to keep one on his toes." After that, he decided he needed another sip. "It's purely medicinal, I assure you."

<Cassie> "Makes you wonder who teaches whom, doesn't it?" Cassandra chuckled, asking for no permission to simply hop up on Shaw's desk, letting her legs dangle off the edge. "I have to say, I wasn't expecting to find you here. Not outside the girl's dorm, anyway." She winked at him.

<Shaw> Sebastian sat back and chuckled, offering her the bottle and picking up his mug. "I wasn't expecting to see you above ground, my dear." He held up the mug for a toast. "It seems we're both far more resilient than appearances."

<Cassie> "Or were simply blessed with more than our fair share of fool's luck," she replied and accepted the offered bottle, holding it up in an imitation of his toast. "To all lucky fools." Showing a grin, she then lifted the bottle to her lips for a small swig.

<Shaw> "You may claim luck all you wish," he said, taking a sip of his improved coffee. "I have no need of luck with so much raw skill." Sebastian returned her wink.

<Cassie> Cassandra arched an eyebrow as she lowered the small bottle, almost spilling a couple drops of its precious contents when she was unable to contain her amused grin. "Well, no matter whether I owe it to luck or skill, I'm glad to see you with your head still firmly attached to your shoulders."

<Cassie> "Would be pretty hard to turn it otherwise, even for me," she added, a playful glint in her eyes.

<Shaw> "Oh, I wouldn't be so certain. You must ask Cecilia if she still has the lettuce." He smirked to himself and shifted in the chair, unable to help himself from giving her a surveying glance.

<Shaw> "You do look quite lively - and it's good to see you this way." This time, his smile was more genuine. "Especially in consideration of the rumors I heard that you were taken while investigating my disappearance."

<Cassie> "More or less, yes." She tilted her head and smiled awkwardly. "Certainly not my finest performance." Running both hands through her hair, she glanced upwards and let out a sigh. "Apparently I didn't even leave a beautiful corpse - and I think I may have traumatized poor Cecilia even more."

<Cassie> Before long, the rueful expression made way for her more typical sassy act. "Don't you dare think too much of it now, will you?" She laughed. "I only went after you because I was mad that you left me tied up on your bed."

<Shaw> "Did I now?" Now his expression had shifted to a wolfish grin. "It was merely for your own protection, of course." He took another sip of his coffee, pleased it was starting to numb his throat.

<Cassie> "And see it where it got me; straight to the morgue!" Cassandra gave an amused laugh, carefully putting the bottle back down on his desk. "Fortunately, not with a one way ticket, like most poor souls who win a trip down there."

<Cassie> Leaning on her right hand, she closed some of the distance between them. "Who knows, I must have too much life in me for that place to keep me."

<Shaw> The laugh turned into a cough, which he attempted to stifle before taking another drink. "If you prefer to keep that life, you may not want to get too much closer, my dear. I seem to have picked up a bit of a cold."

<Cassie> The sympathetic look she fixed him with didn't appear too sincere. "Oh, men!" Cassandra lamented, rolling her eyes. "First you brag about laughing in the face of death, then you bemoan your impending end at the hands of a scratchy throat and a runny nose."

<Cassie> "As if we didn't know you only do this to make us act like your mothers." She underlined her words with a smirk and by reaching out with her left hand to affectionately brush a wayward strand of hair out of his face.

<Shaw> "Now, now," he tutted, catching her hand and pressing a kiss to her knuckles. "I didn't say my impending end."

<Cassie> "Now don't say you're worried about my health." She grinned in response to his lips touching her fingers. "Because no matter how bad you may think your cold to be, I don't think the living dead have much to worry about it."

<Shaw> That made Sebastian arch his brow and look up to search her eyes. Turning her hand in his, he pressed his lips to her wrist. There was no pulse.

<Cassie> "Not that I wouldn't appreciate the gesture, but I doubt you can kiss that better," Cassandra remarked, the grin still on her face. "And as strange as it may be, it doesn't seem to bother me the slightest. Believe it or not, but I've never felt more alive."

<Shaw> He looked up at her in honest surprise. "Fascinating. It never ceases to amaze me the endless variations our mutations offer." Giving her hand a slight squeeze, he set it on her leg and leaned back in the chair to study her anew. "Astounding. Simply astounding."

<Cassie> "What can I say? Clearly I live - and die - to amaze my audience." She laughed and returned the gentle squeeze of his hand. "Dr. McCoy described as an 'extensive physical reconstitution' among using many more complicated words, but I like to say I'm a shadow of my former self, in a very literal sense."

<Shaw> "Oh, is that so? You seem quite yourself, and as you said - never more alive." He took another sip from his mug and rolled the chair back enough to prop his feet on the desk, legs crossed at the ankle. "You certainly haven't lost your knack for the theatrical."

<Cassie> "Hence why I said in the literal sense," Cassandra reminded him, holding up a finger, before she tilted her head and glanced sideways. "Which I guess would have made more sense if you knew about the weird inky stuff coursing through my veins now, but let's not ruin the mood with that, yes?"

<Shaw> "So cryptic. You make my black heart proud," he said with a chuckle, clearing his throat again. "Although I suppose mine isn't black in the literal sense. You seem to intimate yours may very well be."

<Cassie> "Now that makes the idea of a little heart to heart between us both frightening and appealing," she hummed, leaning back on his desk, her legs lightly swaying back and forth. The slight smirk she wore on her lips certainly seemed suggestive.

<Shaw> He laughed and tilted his head."If you are still interested, the offer stands for your engagement at the club."

<Cassie> Her face was lit up by an excited grin. "Interested? I'd die to get a gig at that place. Oh wait, I already did." She chuckled, before cocking her head and giving him a long look. "Besides, don't we still have unfinished business there, anyway?"

<Shaw> "Well," he chuckled, giving her a fond smile. "The position is yours, though I'm afraid that aspect of our business shall have to remain unfinished, my dear."

<Cassie> A dramatic sigh came across her lips as she let her head flop to the other side. "I was afraid you would say that," Cassandra commented with a slight pout. "I already heard someone gave you a good whipping, and not of the exciting kind."

<Shaw> Sebastian shook his head at her theatrical response. "Now I never said her whippings aren't exciting. Quite the contrary, in fact." He pretended to lose himself in thought, which wasn't difficult considering who he was picturing on the desk in Cassie's place.

<Cassie> "I wouldn't know, she only zaps me," Cassandra replied and snickered, raising her arms to stretch as she sat up on the desk. "Speaking of, I better should not risk another one of those, even though I have to admit it's quite fun to rile her up." She hopped back on her feet. "So, please tell her I tried to seduce you, yes?"

<Shaw> "I find the zaps exhilarating," he said with a toothy leer, taking another drink before sitting up and rising to his feet as well. "I'm not certain which of us would get in more trouble, but I'm willing to take the risk."

<Shaw> "So, feel free to run your thoughts on the entertainment by me after you've had a bit to think about it."

<Cassie> "Oh, I'll hop right to it," she assured him and flashed a grin, prancing about in front of his desk on nimble feet. "Expect something truly breathtaking."

<Shaw> "I expect nothing less from you, my dear Cassandra." Sebastian caught her easily and bowed, taking her hand for a kiss. "Now," he said, straightening with a wry grin on his lips. "This time, no dying on the job."