5/31 Instance: Haway, the Lads

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

5/31 Instance: Haway, the Lads

Post by Ferguson »

Timeline: Current

<Fabian> Fabian actually looked impressed by his drink. "You'll forgive me if I get too drunk for this outing, I think I've discovered a new love for my liver. It's an abusive relationship but they'll just keep coming back for more." He leaned against the bar, looking over to his compatriot for the evening. "What do you think, good idea?"

<Bruce> "Best idea." Bruce agreed, clapping before leaning down and sipping his own rainbow-like concoction, "Mmph, i' tastes like a' Moomin's been sick in it!" he grinned, "Tell y' what, about 'abusive relationships', have a' told ya' what happened with Melati an' me?"

<Fabian> "I don't believe you have but I can imagine. There was an evening I spent drinking with her where I turned up in the school van with very little recollection of what actually happened. I hope you remember though because that'll make the story that much better."

<Bruce> Raising an eyebrow at Fabian, Bruce nodded slowly, "Oh, a' knew ye' were cool..." he sat back, adjusting his tie and shrugging, "Well, a' never like ta' toot my own horn, an' with her, a' dinnae have to. Turns out she likes it rough, if ye' get me..." he winked.

<Fabian> "I can imagine." Fabian gave Bruce some applause for that, toasting and drinking to that accomplishment. "And I'm awesome so you're right there. It's good to know someone else is carrying on the legacy as it were."

<Bruce> "That's somethin' a' should clear up..." Bruce admitted, leaning forward again, "See, people are often confused as to why a' say and do what a' do. An' here's the facts: a' never make a statement abou' myself that isn't true."

<Bruce> He lifted his drink, "Fer' example: a' said a' was a genius - or, conceivably, smarter than most o' the 'mooks' - a' have results upon results that show tha'." sipping his beverage, he shrugged again, "'S called bein' realistic - am sure ye' feel the same!"

<Fabian> "Exactly the same. I mean, lets keep in mind who we have to compare ourselves to." Fabian had a wistful look for just a second but it was gone completely if you were to blink. "A lot of people here? Have no realistic notions but it's taught to them soon enough."

<Bruce> "Fuckin' rights, man." Bruce agreed, "Tell y'what, seen that 'Jean' girl, is i'? Dumb as spit, but she's got the look down...got some fit redheads here, ye' na'." he scoffed, glancing around the bar, "Sparse as shit in here!"

<Fabian> Fabian opened up his mouth to warn Bruce that Jean and Jamie were a thing but then closed it. Screw Jamie. "We may have to move on to better pastures after this. At least the drinks are good."

<Fabian> "Been to the Hellfire Club yet?"

<Bruce> Bruce shook his head, "Nah...done some readin' up on...nigh everythin' though. An illuminati club for mutants an' sympathetic humans pullin' the strings o' sociery?" Tha's gotta be my kind o' place." he smirked, "My issue is that it's probably full o' posh toffs an' arrogant pricks with nothin' but a large paycheque..."

<Bruce> He raised his finger, "There's a sayin' back in Newcastle; 'What does ye' father's name have to do with the price o' fish?'."

<Fabian> "Well, I wouldn't say they're all sympathetic humans, it's just that we're in good standing at the moment...A good deal of the Galactus Cult were made up of less than sympathetic older members...and what the hell does that even mean?"

<Bruce> "It means yer name, yer 'family's legacy', doesn' count fer shit." Bruce explained, "Unless y've got talent, skill, or somethin' else, ye cannit get preferential treatment based on who yer daddy is."

<Fabian> "...you realize that's a load of shit, right?"

<Bruce> Bruce nodded, "Aye, a' know it means nothin' any more 'cause all tha' matters is wealth, but is still true in fundamentals. Case in poin', a'd never say Sir Alan Sugar wasn' a great man and had a great legacy. Tha' said, le's say....ooh, le's say that Stark lass who studies with us pulled the 'daddy' card to me..."

<Bruce> He raised his drink, "I'd not treat her as 'better' than me based on tha' alone, ye na? If she has worth an' results, then fair enough, bu' bottom line, a person's worth what a person's worth - flash clothes an' shoes aside."

<Fabian> Oh, he was precious. "That's all well and good but generally speaking rich people don't really care what you think of them or how you would treat them anyway. That's not the fun at all...but come on into the Hellfire Club so the climbers think you are one of them and you should have a pretty good evening."

<Bruce> "Am more than aware tha' it din' matter, credit me some intelligence and ah'll not smack ye." Bruce grinned, sipping his drink again, "When in Rome, dinnae be a prick an' all tha'...besides, nothin' a' like more than a rich girl who thinks she's somethin' special." he wiggled his eyebrows, "They're usually in ta' the fun shit, ah?"

<Fabian> "...I am so glad you'll never meet my sister. I'd hate to hear all the sordid details." Fabian downed the rest of his drink. "And you'll forgive me, I'm too used to not being able to credit most people with a modicum of sense on how such things work. Some people think they matter far too much to others, been having a time of it with that fact of late."

<Bruce> Bruce snorted, "Mate, a' share a class with Walter 'I cannit stay objective about anythin''....whatever his las' name is, I dinnae care." he sipped more of his own drink, pausing at the last mouthful to speak again, "An' as fer who matters where, like a' said - objectivity. Ye' can have all the goodness in the world an' be forgotten for not dancin' the right dance in the right place."

<Bruce> He finished his drink, placing the glass gently down, "Trick is ta' simply stop bein' a daft twat an' either accept the dance, or find a new club."

<Fabian> "And this is why you'll find I rarely say no to things. So, is that where we're bound or shall we find something else to amuse us?" Fabian asked, looking over the bar again. "So how have you been settling down then? I'm lucky I don't share too many classes with him and the class I do share is gym...so I'm potentially armed."

<Bruce> "So-so, ma' room-mate's a fuckin' mook, man." Bruce snorted again, standing to approach the bar and gesturing to it, "Ya' met Julian?"

<Fabian> "I can't say as I've had the pleasure." Fabian admitted, following him. "I never hear anyone else over there I had almost come to the conclusion your room-mate didn't show up."

<Bruce> "Give 'im this, he know when he needs tae stay out the way..." Bruce winked, "A' did mention Mel, din' a'?" he laughed, leaning on the barside.

<Fabian> "Indeed, and Xi'an the first night I assume? I cleared out of my room before I could hear the confirmation on that."

<Bruce> Bruce sighed, shaking his head dramatically, "Alas, tha's the one that eluded me. Tha' said, a' reckon a' can swing fer a second win..."

<Fabian> "You've got quite a list ahead of you. I wish you luck." Fabian just grinned at the dramatic nature of it all. "You've got plenty of time and nobody's going anywhere, after all."

<Bruce> Nodding in agreement, Bruce raised his finger, "Hang about...listen, a' need ta' get this out the way now - you are dating...who?"

<Fabian> "Cecilia. Don't worry, you'd be in no danger of accidentally pulling her...though it's best you not try because I don't really want to know what she'd say to that."

<Bruce> "Ah, Cecilia. She tha' fit black lass?" Bruce smirked, "Well played, Mister Cortez..."

<Fabian> "That would be her, and I like to think I did a damned good job." Fabian almost looked umble. Almost.

<Bruce> Bruce nodded again, "Oh, aye, ya' did at tha'." he sighed, waving down a member of the bar staff, "How ever will a' compare wi' tha'?"

<Fabian> "Well, you can't hope to compare but I'm sure you'll enjoy trying." Fabian joked. "It takes some work, won't lie."

<Bruce> "Oooh, y're jus' the best lad a'have met up here!" Bruce laughed, leaning on the bar as he ordered, "Two of yer' most filthy Martinis an'..." he inspected the barmaid, smirking at her, "Yer' number if you like what you see." he winked, turning back to Fabian, "Yer' a lad, an' a' respect tha'."

<Fabian> "There's a few of us." Fabian raised his Martini once it arrived. "And I respect that in you as well. It's a bout time more fun people started showing up; it'll make life much more bearable."

<Bruce> "Honestly, home was hell for it, man..." Bruce groaned, wiping his forehead, "A' tell ye', it was just stupid people upon stupid people all bangin' on abou' how they're not stupid. An' gettin all whinny 'cause life were hard!"

<Fabian> "...yeah, it's not going to be much different here I hate to say...but at least life is legitimately harder. Mine's pretty easy, won't lie, but others."

<Bruce> Bruce cringed, "How bad does it get?"

<Fabian> "...did you miss the talk about cannibalism? And I was a terrorist, they're not making that bit up. Shit happens, crazy shit, but it's always interesting."

<Bruce> "It's true tha' there's a dead girl who comes t' the school?"

<Fabian> "Yeah, Cassie, you've seen her around." Fabian nodded. "See? Crazy but interesting. You'll rarely be bored."

<Bruce> Bruce hummed a response, "Like ta' get me a go o' tha'..." he smirked, drinks appearing as he did so. He thanked the girl, paying and waving her off before offering Fabian his drink, "Shall we toast?"

<Fabian> "To what?" Fabian asked, all ready prepared to make the proposed toast.

<Bruce> "Ta' bein' awesome." Bruce stated, matter-of-factly as you like, "Haway, the lads!"

<Fabian> "To being awesome!" Fabian gladly drank, "And may we keep it up."