6/1 Instance: Basket Cases

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

6/1 Instance: Basket Cases

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

timeline: after Premeditation

Fabian: Fabian had finished his work long ago but was lingering in the library so he wouldn't have to endure the brooding silence that is his room while Walt is in there. The guy slept far more than was right or sane and Fabian found himself in a cycle of silence when nobody else was in there and everything was just...boring.

Fabian: The library, by contrast, was always interesting as not only had Xavier and the rest of the staff collected a strange assortment of books but usually there was one or two people in the room to distract from their work; something everyone almost always welcomed.

Fabian: Now, however, Fabian had ran out of an audience to entertain and he was sitting too far back in his chair, boredly waving his pencil to make it appear rubbery.

Laura: Laura had entertained the idea of telling Fabian about her encounter with Cecilia, however she hadn't actively sought him out. It was purely coincidence that he happened to be in the library as she wandered in to complete the some of the work she needed to catch up on. She briefly wondered if she should interrupt him, as he could be busy, however he didn't look the part.

Laura: Books hanging loosely at her side, she moved to stand next to his tilted chair, simply offering as she peered the short distance down to him, "Hello."

Fabian: "Laura, my favourite stoic, how are you?" He let the front legs of his chair click back to the ground as he realized he was no longer alone. He was still basically lounged across the chair, however, giving her a lazy salute. "Joining me?"

Laura: "I am quite well, and if you don't mind," Laura answered as she set her things on the table and pulled a chair next to him out. She took a seat before returning the question, "And, how are you?"

Fabian: "Of course not, I need company. Me being bored is like Tinkerbell not getting applause. I may die and now I need you to make sure I don't." Fabian informed her, chuckling. "I'm pretty peachy, actually. I've went a full three hours now without anyone looking at me disapprovingly."

Laura: "Well, I wouldn't want you to die," Laura commented as she rested her elbows on the table, not entirely sure how to broach the topic of the Danger Room. While she considered it, she added, "I don't tend to keep track of the timespan between disapproving stares."

Fabian: "Well, usually I just accept them as a thing I have to live with but they've been getting so constant in my life of late I've taken to keeping note. Walt has the disapproving old grandmother stare down to an art, I'll give him that. Some people, they're just born old."

Laura: Letting the name sink in, Laura eventually came to the conclusion, "I don't think I've come across him yet. Is there any reason he gives you... disapproving old grandmother stares?"

Fabian: "Basically I'm me." Fabian answered after careful consideration. "I mean, I'm naturally something to be disapproving of so that's pretty much that."

Laura: After glancing him over, she replied, "Ah, well, I didn't think you were that bad."

Fabian: Fabian gave her an honest grin at that. "Why thank you, I don't think I'm that bad either. You can't account for some people's taste but we're delightful."

Laura: "I am not sure I'm what people consider delightful, but I believe I'd like to think I am," Laura grinned back. Finally deciding that there wasn't a particularly delicate way to go about this, she hesitantly added after a moment, "I... I, ah, wanted to speak to you about something, actually. Well, someone... Specifically, Cecilia."

Fabian: Fabian frowned a little bit. If Laura was on a mission to talk to him about Cecilia he couldn't imagine she had anything to say that wasn't going to make him frown more. "What's wrong?"

Laura: Taking a breath, she continued, "She didn't really want me to say anything to anyone about it for fear that people would believe she was going to become something like Eddie, however you aren't going to judge her like that... So, I figure it's safe to tell you."

Laura: After a brief pause, she admitted, "Plus, I... I am slightly concerned about her." Her brow furrowed as she recalled the event, "I was intending to train, but I walked in on her session. She was debating to the possibility of killing Quentin Quire, as she was holding a spike to his throat. ...The hologram of him, anyway."

Fabian: Yes, he was most assuredly frowning deeper. "Probably best to keep quiet about it, yes. She's going to be a bit paranoid I can imagine. Cee isn't one to like people knowing her business."

Fabian: Fabian sighed, rubbing his tempe as he thought about the implications of all of this. "I don't suppose you've any advice?":

Laura: "She mentioned post-traumatic stress disorder and feeling slighted by the fact some of the members died rather than ending up in prison where they'll be served justice," Laura commented as she considered her and Cecilia's conversation, "She also said she didn't believe that she could make a difference anymore, so maybe she needs something to show her otherwise?"

Fabian: "...Laura, why are people we love stupid?" Hell, it was worth a shot, maybe she knew.

Laura: "Because they are overly emotional, which causes them to over-think?" she tried.

Fabian: "...yep, pretty much." Fabian had to admit that was pretty damned accurate. "Have you ever considered becoming some kind of psychologist?"

Laura: Laura let out a snort of amusement, shaking her head, "I'm afraid I likely wouldn't be good at much besides the listening part, though I imagine my advice would be something."

Fabian: "I like to think you can see through crap a good deal easier than you'd believe. Consider yourself a unique viewpoint. I mean, why not? You've given me good advice so far." Fabian chuckled and closed his books. "The only drawback I see is that so many people with so many silly problems would be terribly boring."

Laura: "Most likely because I imagine their problems would be easily solved," Laura nodded. "You seem to mostly have the same viewpoint. Have you considered the profession?"

Fabian: "I've a terrible habit of saying what I'm thinking too much for me to keep very many clients." Fabian answered, brow furrowing a bit. "I mean, I would think that people would appreciate the honesty but I find a lot of times people who need to hear it don't."

Laura: "It's too bad honest psychologists couldn't be forced on people until they work," she mused.

Fabian: "We can dream, we can dream. Thanks for telling me, though, that had to be a fun thing."

Laura: "She didn't really appreciate me telling her she didn't want to, but it could've gone worse," she shrugged, leaning back in her chair and pulling her books toward her, "You are welcome though."

Fabian: "That she didn't want to what? Skewer Quire? She knows that well enough, she's just having a moment here."

Laura: "Yes, that," Laura nodded. "And, I suppose everyone has moments where murder is a tempting option, however I'm not sure most generally mean it literally."

Fabian: "Everyone has their moments, I'll get on board with that. I like to think I'm more or less through my murderous phase being literal, how about you?"

Laura: "I am as well, I believe," she answered, actually opening the book in front of her, "I also suppose I should get this work done, as I told Cecilia I would meet up with her later to hang out."

Fabian: "In that case I'll wait until talking to her about anything, let her relax some. Should I let on that you've told me anything?"

Laura: Her brow furrowed as she considered that and answered, "If you want? I only told her I would attempt to refrain from saying anything. I didn't explicitly state I wouldn't."

Fabian: "I'll keep it to myself then." Fabian said, wondering how he was going to bring it up. "Thanks again, Laura."