6/3 Instance: The Best Medicine

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

6/3 Instance: The Best Medicine

Post by Ferguson »

Timelined after X-Terminators

Cecilia: Cecilia made her way down the hall towards Fabian's room, keeping a close eye on him but also keeping a small distance so she didn't embarrass him or make him feel like he was being mothered. "Are you still feeling sick or has the feeling worn off?" she asked, taking in the guts all over him. Her shields had saved her from most of the damage but most everyone else hadn't been so lucky.

Fabian: "After a good thirty minute shower where I decide how best to burn these clothes so that my memories will bear the stain of today for me I should be fine." Fabian replied, steeling himself up to dig through his pockets for his keys in case Walt had locked the door.

Fabian: "How are you?" Fabian asked, glancing back at her.

Cecilia: Cecilia shrugged. "Better than I was during that play," she joked, but then went on more seriously, "I'm fine...still struggling to understand how giant insectoid monsters eating a train happened but fine."

Fabian: "I've not yet accepted the fact that it has happened. I'll get back to you on where I stand on that in a few days," Fabian chuckled, fumbling just a bit with the doorknob.

Cecilia: The struggle with the doorknob was not lost on Cecilia but she didn't remark on it. "Well...everything turned out alright for the most part. Maybe not for the subway operator but there weren't too many causalities and the damage to the station is superficial. Overall I'd say things turned out better than I'd expected."

Fabian: "...yeah, at least the eggs didn't burst into millions of baby ankle-biter bugs." Oh sweet Jesus, the things that were going to haunt his nightmares tonight.

Cecilia: "I see I wasn't the only one who thought of Mayday's Halo game," Cecilia said, raising an eyebrow. "Good to know it's not just me she's infected with nerdiness." She took the doorknob and pushed the door open herself. "Do you want me to stay with you tonight?"

Fabian: "...oh my God that's in a video game?" Fabian paused as he looked back at Cecilia. "I wasn't referencing, I was just spewing terror and what kind of question is that? Of course I do."

Cecilia: "Yeah, the flood kills Commander Keyes in the game and when you shoot the bubble heads a bunch of smaller spores come crawling out...and clearly I spend too much time watching her play these things," she laughed, wandering over to the bathroom and turning on the shower. "Well, if it were up to me I'd stay with you all the time but I wouldn't wanna make your life hard what with your roommate and all."

Fabian: "So not actually bugs?" Fabian asked hopefully as he slouched on into the room, toeing his shoes off at the door and taking great care not to touch and slime anything as he picked his way through the place. He couldn't even bring himself to slime Walt's things...although...his bed...it was a temptation.

Fabian: He couldn't tolerate the stuff being in the room, however, so it wasn't an option. "Life is hard, so Walt can deal with a little hardness in his life."

Cecilia: "Hm? Oh no, actually they sorta look like zombie squid people if that makes any sense," she said, readying a few of her things around the room as the water warmed up. "They were aliens anyways...I don't think what we fought was really that exciting."

Fabian: "Still bugs." Fabian reported as he followed her on in, deciding the only place that was safe for his clothing at the moment was the bathroom trashcan. "They best not have been aliens if they think subways are snack-bars."

Cecilia: Cecilia watched as Fabian disposed of his things in the trash. She had noticed before Fabian had a tendency to like things clean and wasn't too fond of gooey or slimy shit. "Probably a good idea to get rid of that. I doubt Tide will get all that crap out."

Cecilia: She leaned against the sink. "Well, you'll be happy to know even covered in slime I still enjoy the show."

Fabian: "Oh, definitely getting rid of them." Fabian assured her, dragging himself on towards the shower. "Do you now?" he managed to flash her a big grin, taking a moment to jokingly model. "I like to think I always rise to a performance."

Cecilia: Cecilia laughed and coloured slightly despite herself. "You always do," she chuckled, her Bronx accent seeping slightly into her voice. "Don't get me too excited now, you're still covered in slime." But it seemed the efforts to make him feel better were working nicely.

Fabian: "I want to go for a lubricant joke here but I just can't bring myself to do it considering." The shower! Fabian stepped on inside, ready to scrub a few layers of skin into existence and death all in one go. "I never thought I'd want Paige Guthrie's powers until this very moment."

Cecilia: "I dunno - I like mine an awful lot," Cecilia said, taking off her things and stepping in behind him. "Can't think of many situations where they're not useful. Though I do appreciate the variety of powers out there...but I go on about that enough."

Fabian: "I can definitely see the benefits in simply shedding skin, right now, mainly, peely goodness, that would be awesome right now." The shower was doing it's job anyway and Fabian immediately got to scrubbing.

Cecilia: Cecilia figured since she was here she might as well help and got to work on Fabian's back. "~ California, I'm fine! Somebody check my brain. California's all right. Somebody check my brain. Check my brain... ~" she hummed as she worked.

Fabian: Fabian could get used to that kind of treatment. "All in all I like to think I didn't do too terribly, yeah?"

Cecilia: "You did just fine," Cecilia said, still working away. "I don't think anybody noticed except for me and that's only 'cause I already know. I never told anyone about the whole tarantula thing or the water-bug story. Never said anything about you running when Mayday had her issues last year either."

Cecilia: "You don't let fear control you or let it stop you from doing what needs to be done...I appreciate that."

Fabian: He did manage to preen. "I like the sounds of that I believe...and nobody shall know about the water bug story. Or else I'll brave my feelings towards them and hide little treats of them around the person's things. We'll see how they like the looks of a bug that size and that crunchiness."

Fabian: "I'm just glad it's over and we were able to get out of there pretty quickly. Lingering would not have been appreciated."

Cecilia: "'Course not, only people who know that story is you and me and that's the way it'll stay. I'm not gonna have people harassing you about that now," Cecilia said, winding her arms around him and pressing her forehead to his shoulder blades. "Well, I can see your tattoos now. So that's a good sign."

Fabian: "People don't really harass me that much, you know. At least, people with taste don't harass me that much. The ones with taste are interested in a whole different type of harassment and they fear the repercussions." Yes, Fabian was starting to feel a good deal better. "Yes, that is a very good sign."

Cecilia: "Mm, good." She let go after a minute and started on her own hair. "So exploding people at a SHIELD base and then exploding bugs in a subway station. Think that's co-incidence or are they connected?"

Fabian: "The subway seems a bit pointless in comparison to attacking a SHIELD base, though, doesn't it?" Fabian asked, sticking his face under the water after he asked.

Cecilia: "Depends on what the point was," Cecilia said, taking the soap and scrubbing herself. "I don't think terrorizing the subway was the point."

Fabian: "Exactly, but it didn't serve much of anything that I could see. Those things were capable enough so I can't imagine whoever made them were too worried about how they would perform. I suppose taking your giant bug out for walksies is a reason, however."

Cecilia: "It's more likely they were trying to test the opponents those things would face," she pointed out, raising a soapy finger. "Think about it: now they know how those things perform against both humans and mutants. Though considering they attacked the SHIELD base first my guess is whoever made those things hoped it would be SWORD facing them."

Cecilia: She shrugged. "It's a theory. At any rate I doubt that'll be the last time we see those things and next time they're not gonna be so easy to take down, I think."

Fabian: "There's all ready so much footage of us fighting along...but who knows? That's as likely as anything."

Cecilia: She shrugged again. "I don't know and I frankly I don't care why they're doing it really. I just want to end this as soon as possible before someone else dies or is snatched away...I can't do what I did last semester again. Are you gonna hog all the water now? Really what do I have to do get some of the H2O here?"

Fabian: "I am at one with the sea and the waves!" Fabian declared, splashing some of the water at her before moving over. "And motivation is pretty important if we're going to get to the who...but right now I don't think there's any telling."

Cecilia: Cecilia laughed and stepped under the water. "I'm sure whoever did it will reveal themselves at some point. Y'know these terrorist types always like to brag about their work. Hell, if we're lucky we may get to hear a long world domination monologue."

Fabian: "I would like to say that, to my credit, I never had an evil plan monologue. I mean, sure, Nur did, but I was without a cheesy speech...maybe I should write a belated one."

Cecilia: "He did?!" Cecilia said, her expression a mixture of disbelief and glee. "Haha! Did he also make you guys practice your evil laugh?"

Cecilia: Her expression sobered a little in the next second though. "No, if you're really gonna do something you don't threaten it - you just do it. Announcing your intentions is almost begging for someone to stop you."

Fabian: "Or a call for attention." Fabian added. "People do like an audience and no, I'm afraid the scary monologuing was after I came here, sad to say. I imagine I'd be a natural at it, I rather like to talk."

Cecilia: "You do talk a lot," Cecilia noted, reaching for her towel and stepping out of the shower. "Lucky for you - I like hearing your voice." She watched him as she dried off. "Been nearly a year since the Acolytes were imprisoned...I don't suppose there's any new info on them, right?"

Fabian: "I have a lovely voice!" Fabian declared as he grabbed his towel and stepped out with her. "No, no news. Not a word about it, really."

Cecilia: "Hm," Cecilia said, frowning a little. "Clearly your father's harassment of the powers that be isn't really working all too well."

Fabian: "I don't think there actually are revenues for him to go through anymore because, while I don't like my father, he can get things like this done."

Cecilia: So it was hopeless then...and now she felt bad for bringing it up. "I'm sorry if I brought up bad memories...I shouldn't have mentioned it. Just 'cause I mark events like these doesn't mean everyone else does."

Fabian: "I don't think people miss the passing of time. I'm just from a long line of people who don't mention it in case there's someone who would delight in it."

Cecilia: Cecilia shook her head. "I don't enjoy others suffering...well, that's not entirely true, I do sometimes in very specific cases, but you? No, I would never be happy that you were hurt."

Cecilia: She threw her towel over her shoulder and wandered over to the dresser. "In any case, there's no point in wallowing over this. What's done is done. All we can do is move on as best we can, right?"

Fabian: "No worries there, I'm not one to wallow anyway. It doesn't change a thing, does it?" Fabian asked, wondering if maybe now was the time to bring up the Quentin debacle Laura had mentioned...no, he was too tired to deal with that right now.

Cecilia: "No," Cecilia said, putting on some sweatpants and a t-shirt. "If I can forget something I usually do. I already have enough things stuffed into my head that I don't want there. No need to make it that much harder for myself." She threw her towel onto a nearby chair and flopped dramatically onto the bed. "Oh my God! That feels so much better!"

Fabian: Fabian didn't particularly want to get dressed but he eventually did grab some pants. "So, so much better."