6/6 Instance: Three Little Hedgies

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

6/6 Instance: Three Little Hedgies

Post by Starfish »

Timeline: Current.

Max: "Again, big big big thank you, Dr McCoy." Max said, both his hands holding Hank's oversized blue furred one as he shook it. "I mean, it's just, wow, thank you!" Max added, and suddenly gave the big guy a hug as well. "I gotta go check in with Penny and the babies." he told McCoy, letting the guy go and quickly making his way back to Penny. McCoy stood still in the hallway with a smirk on his face and told empty air, "You're welcome."

Max: Max quietly walked into the room and just as quietly closed the door behind him, shuffling towards his wife and the tiny little sleepy babies. <Heeey> he signed towards Penny, scared of waking them.

Penny: Penny had her hands too full to reply - and couldn't be happier about it. As she looked up from the three tiny treasures curled up in her arms, her loving smile filled the room with radiant bliss. She carefully shifted a little higher in her cozy bed, careful not to startle her children.

Max: Max sat down next to Penny, getting close against her as he slid his arms to the child on his side, lovingly picking the boy up and keeping him close to his chest. He looked over to Penny and grinned from ear to ear. He leaned over and touched her head with his, whispering, "You're amazing. They're amazing."

Penny: Closing her eyes, Penny softly rested her forehead against his, simply enjoying the feeling of all of them this close together - the warmth of her husband's breath and the gentle stirring of her babies. She leaned back only reluctantly, carefully keeping each child in the crooks of her elbows. Her hands free, she raised them to sign: <We're amazing.>

Max: Max took a moment, savoring the moment, before he whispered, "And we still need to name them. Gimme another, looks like you're slurring with your signing." He grinned.

Penny: Penny grinned hand handed Max her second son with great care, keeping her little baby girl all to herself. Cradling the tiny bundle of fluff against her bosom. She bent her head and pressed the lighted kiss to her daughter's forehead, the girl to responding with a faint, adorable squeak, but keeping her eyes closed.

Penny: <I already know how to name her,> she carefully signed, looking back at her husband. <If you don't mind I pick it myself...>

Max: "Of course I don't. I can't think of any good girl names anyway. That list I made, I think there were only three girl names on it. But we name the boys together." He told while staring down at his boys.

Penny: With her big blue eyes full of love and a tumult of emotions, Penny watched her newborn daughter and affectionately stroked her long claws over the girl's fluffy hair, the soft spikes having yet to harden.

Penny: <I want to name her Monique, after my sister's mother,> Penny signed, her bright gaze returning to her husband's face. <She died a while ago, and I know Monet misses her much. I'm sure she will like that.>

Max: Max smiled, "It's a wonderful name," he said and looked down at his daughter. "Hello Monique, hi, hi there, my little Monique," Max whispered. "Look at that, I think she likes the name." he added when Monique squirmed a little before coming to rest again.

Penny: <Oh yes, she likes it.> Penny signed, before gently cradling the baby girl in her arms. The proud mother tilted her head to kiss her daughter again, when a tiny hand touched her cheek. <My Monique.>

Penny: <And now we need to find just as beautiful names for our precious boys.> Penny smiled, her eyes on the two babies curled up in Max's arms.

Max: "Bebop and Rocksteady," Max replied proudly.

Penny: Penny gave Max a long look, her eyebrow arched and her head tilted slightly to the side. After several silent seconds, a quirky smile curled her lips. <Sure,> she signed at her husband, <if that's what you want to name them.>

Max: "Score... okay maybe not." he replied having lost the bluff. "Well there's more family names. Mind you I'm not sure what's the manly version of Yvette. Can you get the names next to you?" he asked, nodding towards the paper on the bedside table.

Penny: Holding the baby to her chest, Penny shifted further up on the bed, her spiky hair slicing through the pillow and mattress in the process. Crossing her ankles underneath the blanket, she leaned to the sides and picked up the list of names. <I already scratched some out while I have been lying around here.>

Max: Max peeked over to see which didn't make the cut. "Aww, no Rick and Roll?" he asked. "Then again, that ship has sailed so long ago as well."

Penny: <I don't want my children to be laughed at,> Penny scolded Max and wagged a claw at him. <Or have that awful song stuck in my ears every time you call their names.>

Max: "Glad you struck out Billy and Bob, not sure what I was thinking when I wrote that." Max said. "Mind you, maybe strike out Cain and Abel as well, we don't want to end up raising a fratricidal maniac."

Penny: <What about these here?> Penny asked, before she tapped the tip of a claw on the paper. Even though she wore a frown on her face, she gave Max a hopeful look. <Can we finally scratch Lloyd and Harry, too? Because my kids aren't going to be dumb, and certainly not dumber!>

Max: "Well you don't know about that, they might have gotten brains from me." Max replied. "Chip and Dale... perfect if they go into the rescuing business." Max suggested.

Penny: That brought a grin to Penny's face. <You know, I actually like those two,> she admitted, biting her lip. <Even though maybe not together.> She looked back at the several sheets of names. <Still so many to chose from...>

Max: "Cross Chris Cross out" Max managed without even smiling, "And Scooby Doo, that would have only worked if one of them was named Dooby."

Penny: Penny's shoulders dropped and she gave Max a helpless look. <I think we're never going to find two we're happy with.> A long, heavy sigh came across her lips as she gazed towards the white ceiling of the patient room. <We might just as well pin the list to the wall and have you blindly shoot your quills at it.>

Max: "... works for me," Max said. He leaned down and kissed each of his boys on their foreheads and carefully handed them back to their mother. He leaned over and kissed his girl as well before he slipped from the bed and took the list from Penny. "Over here? Here?" he asked holding up the paper against the wall across from the bed.

Penny: Cradling the three bundles of fluff in her arms, Penny sat on the bed and bobbed her head this way and that way, directing Max as he hung up the long list of names. After some adjustments, she grinned and nodded eagerly, telling her husband where to pin the sheet with one of his quills.

Max: His tongue stuck out of his mouth as he plucked a quill and stabbed the paper and worked it on to the wall. He stepped back, next to Penny, and asked, "Left arm or right arm?"

Penny: Penny sucked on her lower lip, looking indecisive. Still unable to free her hands of newborn porcumuties, she first tilted her head to the left, then to the right, hoping that he would get her hint to use both arms.

Max: "Right," Max said, rubbing his hands together, "Boys, daddy's going to get you a name, whether you like it or not." Max said in hushed tones. "Three," he stood ready, "Two," he pulled back his arms, "One." *Thok!* went both quills sticking simultaneously into the long list. "Let's see what we got." Max said as he fetched the paper, bringing it back to Penny, grinning as he pointed at the names with holes.

Penny: Penny carefully balanced their babies in her arms, shifting closer and leaning forward as she was unable to restrain her curiosity. As she saw the names struck by the pair of pointy quills, first her bright blue eyes widened, followed by an exhilarated grin lighting up her face. She exchange a look with her husband.

Penny: Somehow she managed to free her hands. <How could we have missed these all the time?> she asked, almost too excited to properly sign the words. <They are perfect!>
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

Re: 6/6 Instance: Three Little Hedgies

Post by Esynthia »

OMG. Monet will get teary. Just a fair warning.

Also, WHAT ARE THEEEEEEYYYYYYYYY?
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

Post by Starfish »

Esynthia wrote:Also, WHAT ARE THEEEEEEYYYYYYYYY?
I think the best way to help visualize them is to take this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2y4cQEEyuTw, multiply the cuteness factor, and imagine them more human-like. :shifty
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

Post by Esynthia »

Oh, I meant the boys' names. But, CUUUUUUUTE
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

Oh man, just saw that video, so cute!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Heeee, how cute! Hmm.... what do you name porcupine babies...

I got nothing.
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

Spike and Lee. :shifty

Also, d'awwwwwww. ^_^