6/8 Instance: Sacrifices Must be Made

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

6/8 Instance: Sacrifices Must be Made

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

timeline: current

Rachel: Rachel had pulled a duffel bag out to pack for the brief trip to meet Paige's family, but she had yet to put anything in it. Instead, she was in the process of pulling every article of clothing she owned in the closet out, throwing it aside when she deemed it unacceptable.

Paige: Paige sat on her bed, sipping on some pink lemonade through a pink straw. She watched Rachel, trying very hard not to laugh or be annoyed. "You're adorable."

Rachel: "It's not adorable," she argued as she pulled out a sleeveless shirt. While it was one she really liked, her sides would be on display, which meant her tattoos would. Those were not something Paige's family needed to see, so it got tossed, and she turned back to the closet.

Paige: "I said you were, silly. You just need a couple of shirts and some jeans..."

Rachel: Rachel heaved a sigh. Ugh, she hadn't even gotten to her jeans yet. ...Or shoes. Deciding she wouldn't focus on either of those things, she called back, "Would it be terrible to wear a shirt that says 'my boyfriend's a superhero'? ...Actually, nevermind." Having made up her mind, she tossed it out to the floor and moved on.

Paige: "I find it terrible... but nobody would think anything of it. Why don't I just buy you some Texas Tech stuff? Then you will fit right in."

Rachel: "But I don't..." The comment died on her lips because she wasn't going to tell her girlfriend that she didn't like Texas. "...I'll find something. See? Liiike..." she pulled another shirt from a hanger, "Like my Ramones shirt. ...Wait, do they know who the Ramones are? Will they even ask?"

Paige: "I don't know... I'm sure one of my brothers will know." Paige shrugged a bit, taking another sip of lemonade.

Rachel: Rachel bit down on her lip as she moved to drop the shirt in her bag, deciding it'd do. She had no idea how Paige was just sitting there with her lemonade, not looking bothered at all, because she was freaking out. While she'd felt fine after talking to a few people about it, now that it was time to actually go, she was as anxious as she'd initially been when Paige had suggested it. "So... What about my nose ring? Should I take that out, or...?"

Paige: "Bring it with you, but leave it out until... until we tell them. After that..." it wouldn't matter.

Rachel: "Well, I can just wear a retainer, so that'd take care of that," she replied, sighing at the mention of telling them. Instead of moving back toward the closet, she went to sit on the edge of the bed, biting down on her lip as she studied the floor, "You... I... My flailing probably isn't helpful at the moment, is it?"

Paige: Paige moved to wrap her arms around Rachel, pulling her back and close to her. "I love you... and that's what matters."

Rachel: Rachel gladly leaned back against her and even craned her neck to catch the straw, stealing a drink. Lemonade wasn't all that great without vodka. "I just... I want to attempt to be presentable before..."

Rachel: ...Well, maybe it was just this situation would require copious amounts of vodka.

Paige: "You are plenty presentable." Paige kissed on Rachel's neck.

Rachel: She tilted her head to the side at the kissing, snorting, "You just told me I should hide my nose piercing from your parents... So, I am not. I'm also assuming I should hide my tattoos." An idea struck at the mention of tattoos, and she grinned, "Speaking of which, we should make time to get one while we're there. Well, so I can get one since I doubt you want one."

Paige: "Nooooooooooo needles for me!" Paige laughed shifting to pull Rachel back onto the pillows with her. "But, I will go with you to get yours."

Rachel: "Awesome... I didn't think about it, but we also should've done that over the summer. I could've gotten, like... ten new tattoos or something," she commented as she settled back into the pillows, adding as an afterthought, "Or I could've at least gotten one in Florida after Disney..."

Paige: "That's a lot of tattoos," Paige laughed at her, snuggling up to Rachel.

Rachel: "Yeah, missed an opportunity there," she sighed, vaguely wondering how she'd ended up laying in bed, doing nothing, "Also, I'm never going to finish packing like this."

Paige: "You could just stay naked," Paige teased, kissing her again.

Rachel: "...True, however I think your parents would be even less impressed if I were to do so..." Rachel commented, shooting her a smirk, "On the other hand, it could endear me to your brothers..."

Paige: Paige laughed happily, sighing contently. "Well... I can pack for the two of us easily enough."

Rachel: "I can do it," she rolled her eyes as she shifted to lay on her side, facing her girlfriend, "I just need to stop taking breaks with you."

Paige: "But, this is the best part of my daaaaaaaaaaay."

Rachel: Rachel brought a hand up to cup her cheek, leaning in to steal a kiss and mumbling against her lips, "Mine too, but I should get up."

Paige: "Five more minutes...." Paige whined, kissing her back.

Rachel: "This sounds like the conversation we had this morning," she muttered after pulling away for a moment.

Paige: "Only that was you whining about getting up."

Rachel: "I might've been more pleasant if this was how you woke me up."

Paige: "I can arrange that," Paige giggled, trying to pull rachel back into a kiss.

Rachel: While she did willingly lean in to return the kiss, she shot back, "Well, arrange it for tomorrow morning."

Paige: "Ok!" Paige kissed Rachel's nose. "Anything to make you happy."

Rachel: "I might still whine though," Rachel forewarned with a smirk as she kissed Paige's cheek in return.

Paige: "I wouldn't expect anything less from you," Paige kissed Rachel's nose.

Rachel: Her nose wrinkled at that, and she gave her a pout as opposed to actually replying.

Paige: Paige laughed happily at her face. "So cute!"

Rachel: It had been, at most, two minutes, and Rachel found herself stating, "...I'm going to pack."

Paige: "But... But!!!" Paige pouted this time.

Rachel: As she rolled to sit up, she looked over her shoulder at her, "But what?"

Paige: "But, it hasn't been five minutes."

Rachel: "It hasn't?" Rachel replied in her best innocent tone, moving to stand.

Paige: Paige gave Rachel her very best pouty face.

Rachel: Rachel made the mistake of looking back and relented, reaching to set the glass of lemonade aside before moving overtop of Paige, hands sliding under her shirt. With a melodramatic sigh, she glanced up to her as she leaned down to press a kiss to her stomach, smirking against her skin as she commented, "I guess I can see what I can do with, like, three minutes."

Rachel: Pausing, she rested her cheek against the exposed skin instead, settling once she was laying comfortably, "Or I can just procrastinate. Then, you won't have to listen to me freak out because I won't have time to."

Paige: Paige shuddered, taking in a sharp breath at the kiss. "I like both of these plans, and I knoooow what you can do in three minutes." Paige grinned, giggling just a bit.

Rachel: "Lots of things, I'm sure," she replied with a grin of her own as she dragged a hand down her girlfriend's side, letting it rest on her hip, seriously debating whether or not she actually wanted to move. With a sigh, she found herself drifting back to their previous conversation as she asked, "Anyway, is there some sort of plan other than just meeting your family?"

Paige: "I'll tell them... before we leave." Paige told her softly, playing with Rachel's hair.

Rachel: Rachel had figured that much out herself, and she took a breath as she closed her eyes, simply replying, "You don't have to."

Paige: "They're going to find out eventually..."

Rachel: "Don't know how if you don't tell them," she said, biting down on her lip as she tried to work out what else to say, "I just don't want you to lose your family, especially when you're actually close to yours... Not over me, anyway."

Paige: "I can think of nothing better to lose them over." Paige smiled softly, still playing with Rachel's hair.

Rachel: "I'm not..." Rachel started and trailed off, sighing once more. She wanted to protest that she really didn't think she was worth it, but she asked instead, "What if things don't work out? Or what if something happens?"

Paige: "I think you're more hosed than I am... You have my name tattooed up your ribcage."

Rachel: She managed as much of a shrug as she could with how she was laying, "Your name's only along my hip. It's all the flowers that take up the rest of my ribcage, and I don't think I'll end up regretting it anyway. I mean, I also have Josh's on the back of my neck."

Paige: "But, you aren't married to me," Paige pointed out, twirling Rachel's hair in her fingers.

Rachel: Brow furrowing, she opened her eyes and tilted her head up to look at Paige's face, deciding the rest of the view wasn't all that bad either as she did so. Then, she blinked a few times and simply replied with, "So?"

Paige: "So... It's different."

Rachel: "It's really not," Rachel replied, looking back down as she spoke, "I love him, so I got a tattoo to remember him. I love you, so I got a tattoo to remember all of our good times together, too... Well, and there's the look on your face whenever you see it. But, there's not really a difference there. I mean, it's sorta why I want to get one while we're down there. It'll just serve as a reminder of a point in my life."

Paige: "Marriage is something different though... Something… special. It's a lifetime commitment... It's different."

Rachel: She paused before she spewed the first words that wanted to come from her mouth because she was fairly sure Paige wouldn't appreciate them. Instead, she settled on commenting, "You don't have to be married to be committed to someone for life."

Paige: "I know that..." Paige paused her hair twirling. But, it was still different.

Rachel: "I would've been just as happy if I wasn't married to Josh, and I still would've gotten the tattoo after he died," she continued, pulling a slight face at the word 'died', "Getting married was just a formality because it's the conventional thing to do." ...Which was pretty much how that proposal was phrased from what fuzzy memories she had of it.

Paige: "I know it doesn't mean much to you, Rachie," Paige told her gently. She left it at that, playing with her hair again.

Rachel: After a good stretch of silence where she debated how to respond to that, Rachel smirked against Paige's side as she issued a challenge in a mumble against her skin, "So, change my mind."

Rachel: With that, she pressed a kiss to her hip and, as comfortable as she was, pushed herself up, stealing a kiss before she moved to go finish packing. Despite mentioning procrastinating and as tempting as it was, she really had no intention to because she really wanted her girlfriend's family to at least like her before they hated her guts for 'corrupting' Paige.

Paige: "But... why is that always my job?" Paige questioned, laughing a little and getting up to pack herself too.

Rachel: "Because I could literally change yours, so it's safer if you do all the mind changing," Rachel reasoned as she shot her a slight grin, going to start through the closet once more. One shirt down, only a million more things to go. Then, the real suffering would begin.

Paige: "But you wouldn't do that," Paige pointed out, grabbing a few things for her bag.

Rachel: "No, but I would probably end up somehow insulting you, it'd turn into a fight, and then neither of us would be happy."

Paige: Laughing and sighing just a bit, Paige paused to look over at Rachel. "Marriage has always been something very special to me. Something... more than a relationship. I know you don't feel that way though, and I really don't expect you to change that. You're already giving up a lot for me."

Rachel: Aware that Paige's gaze was focused on her, she continued rummaging through the closet as she listened, shaking her head, "I haven't really given up anything." She still had her family. Things were sort of complicated with her family, but they'd still talk to her, unlike Paige's would after this.

Paige: "You gave up drugs and drinking soooo much, and you live in a sea of pink, and you have to deal with glitter," Paige pointed out, looking for her boots.

Rachel: "You gave up drinking, which would've meant I lost my bar buddy. There were also other ulterior motives that factored into that decision. Plus, none of those are things that really matter to me... Like, family or religion. Not that you totally gave up on Catholicism, but it kinda goes against things..." she sighed, adding when she noticed Paige going through the shoes, "Grab my chucks if you find them."

Paige: "Rachie... You always downplay yourself. This is no exception." Paige grabbed the chucks and her boots and hauled them out to their packing area.

Rachel: "So do you," she replied, finally settling on her second shirt and taking it over to her bag.

Paige: Paige paused, smiling at her. "I love you very much. You know that, right?"

Rachel: "Yeah," Rachel answered softly before going to retrieve another shirt. It was more whether everything would be relatively fine after this trip that she was worried about.

Paige: "Then, none of the rest of it matters." Paige said defiantly, zipping her bag.