6/10 Instance: Over And Out

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

6/10 Instance: Over And Out

Post by Ferguson »

Timelined the day after Never Miss It

Kevin: Kevin was in the DR again, hiding out. After chatting with Cee he felt better, but now was wallowing again. Why was life so complicated? At least he hadn't been hauled in front of Xavier to plead his homicidal case.

Jessica: Jess had spent much of the last couple of hours hunting the school for Kevin. She'd started at the roof and worked her way down and so she came, at last, to the DR. With a sigh, she opened the door and looked inside to see if it was Kevin that was using it and, sure enough, there he was.

Kevin: Kevin looked up as someone invaded his hiding spot. Oh damn. Why is it her? He stood up on the bare floor. "What now? Isn't Shaw missing you or something?"

Jessica: "He's fine... I wanted to see how you were..." The door closed behind her and she ran a hand through her hair.

Kevin: "Go away. We're over. I lost it yesterday and I apologize for that. You're my first actual girlfriend, and my first breakup was hard."

Jessica: "Kevin... I know we're over... but it's hard for me too... I hate hurting you... I don't know what to do when I see that you're upset because all I want to do is hug you... I told you before that I wanted to still be friends with you..." She chewed her lip, taking a few hesitant steps towards him rather than the door.

Kevin: Kevin backed up. "Well, obviously friendship isn't an option. I guess I'll be the only boyfriend you won't have a good relationship with after. Please, go away. I don't want to talk to you."

Jessica: "The only one? Kevin... don't you remember what happened with Danny?" She'd broken up with him over the phone too. "You're the first and only person I've been able to say 'I love you' to since my dad died... did you know that? I didn't want to break up with you and I still care about you..."

Kevin: "Well, that's great. You couldn't have waited until I got back? Just a little self-restraint? No. I sure as hell held it together. Did you hook up with him before or after we broke up? I know I wasn't there and I should have been, but sometimes it doesn't work out that way." Maybe if he hurt her, she'd go away. Probably crying right to him. Whatever. They deserve each other.

Jessica: "I didn't know if you were coming back at all! When you called me that time and I asked you to come back... it was already too late..." She put her face in her hands. "I still don't even remember what happened... I got really really drunk... and I woke up the next day in bed with someone who remembered everything..."

Kevin: "So you took someone's word and went with it without question. Great. I rate less than booze. I told you I was coming back. I did."

Jessica: "You'd already been gone a month and a half! And I was drunk and lonely... I'm not proud of it.... and I trust the person I woke up with to tell me the truth." She raked both hands through her hair, "I felt bad about it... but I didn't want to tell you what had happened over the phone... and then stuff started to get really bad so I started spending time at the club just to get away from this place and all the talk of cannibals..."

Jessica: She sighed, sinking down to sit on the floor. "I still felt guilty for what had happened... still do.... but I told myself it wouldn't matter if it happened again because I'd already messed up royally... and I knew you'd be upset about it and probably break up with me..."

Kevin: Kevin was flabbergasted. "So instead of explaining to me what had happened, and saying it wouldn't happen again, as it was a mistake, you broke up with me because you wanted to do it again?!" Kevin laughed hysterically. "Actually, I'm glad I'm not your boyfriend. What a crap position that is! I hope Shaw knows exactly what he got."

Jessica: "No! That's not what happened!" She hid her face behind her hands again. "He-... We-... I started seeing him at the club.... and it was just casual... there were others too... until we made an agreement... he knew I was seeing someone... so it was just casual... just sex... and then he got taken... and we thought he was dead...." She paused to compose herself.

Jessica: "That was... it was just horrible... and he'd been helping me find out about whether I had family alive or not... so then... then I got reckless and started going out with the patch on and letting guys by me drinks and going home with them and then one night he was just.... there and alive and it was so weird... and he made me promise not to tell but let me stay in his hotel room for a while so I didn't have to stay at the school..."

Jessica: And now she had to just keep talking or she'd never get it out. "So then we returned to our previous arrangement while people thought he was dead and then when things weren't so dangerous and people could know again... people from the school found out and I was so afraid they'd talk to you before I could and make it sound worse than it was somehow... and then I moved into his apartment and it got weird and confusing... and you still weren't home...."

Kevin: Kevin backed up until he was flat against the far wall. "You-you did what?! Oh my god. You're a slut. A common whore. Did you do that when we were together?"

Jessica: That hurt more coming from him than anything else he could have said and she choked on a sob, turning her face away while she tried to compose herself again. "Not when you were h-here..." She took a deep breath. "Kevin... you know how my powers work... everyone else was drinking and taking other recreational drugs to cope with the stress of what we were dealing with... but you know I can't do that... what have I got left?"

Kevin: "Books! Meditation! Yoga! Locking yourself in a quiet room far away from the crazy. Anything but that!"

Jessica: "You don't think I tried that?! Kevin, I tried everything but you don't know what it was like here! There was no escaping it. I actually seriously considered leaving altogether because I couldn't take it anymore, I thought I was going to go insane. I couldn't even go into work, I wasn't sleeping. But I didn't have anywhere else to go. I have no family anywhere..."

Jessica: She sniffed and wiped her cheeks with her sleeve. "He was the only person that didn't make me feel like shit for wanting to take some time out from searching for people after we found Cassie... No one else even tried to understand... and I didn't know where you were or when you'd be back and in the mean time Sebastian was doing all this stuff for me that the school said they'd do when I got here over year ago and never did."

Kevin: "I don't want to hear about what you two did. It's over. We can't be friends, so go running back to him right now, since he's doing a better job at everything than the rest of us here."

Jessica: "I'm trying to explain... Kevin... I didn't set out to hurt you... That's the last thing I ever wanted... I still love you..." she looked down at the floor, "I'm ashamed of myself... and disappointed.... and so so sorry.... I wish I could make it right somehow..."

Kevin: "You can't. You can't make it right. You lost that chance when you went out with other men. All you can do is go away."

Jessica: She drew her knees to her chest and hugged them, resting her forehead on them while she tried, once again, to get the sobbing under control. "Please don't throw your education away because of me..."

Kevin: "One class isn't going to break me, you idiot! I'll just take a different one. Not that hard." He swept past her.

Jessica: She flinched a little at that, "Kevin..." She turned, pushing herself up to her feet a little unsteadily. "Do you hate me now? Is it so easy just to stop caring about someone?"

Kevin: "Yes, apparently it is. Oh, don't think it doesn't hurt, because it does. Like hell."

Jessica: "So you do hate me then...?" She bit her lip, looking down at the floor, brushing away more tears. "Okay..."

Kevin: "I don't know. I might. This is very confusing for me."

Jessica: "Oh..." She didn't know what else to say to that. After a long pause and a few false starts she managed to add something, "I don't hate you... I never could... I care about you too much... I hope that somehow we can still be friends... in the future... but until then I'll try to just leave you alone... I might fail horribly at it but I'll try my best... I'm really sorry about everything..." She started for the door.

Kevin: "Me too."

Jessica: Don'taskdon'taskdon'task! She was going to be reading into that statement for the next week and a half but she managed to make it out of the door before she broke down completely, slipping into the locker rooms to hide and cry in the showers for a while.

Kevin: Kevin sighed and left the DR. He needed a new place to hide. He was too easily found.
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

Re: 6/10 Instance: Over And Out

Post by Starfish »

:bawl So much sad drama! They need many hugs now (with the necessary precautions in Kevin's case).
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Re: 6/10 Instance: Over And Out

Post by Slarti »

Gotta say... Kevin is right, if a bit douchey in his delivery! :shifty
JSherlock
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: FABIO THOR