6/14 Instance: MacGyvered

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

6/14 Instance: MacGyvered

Post by Ferguson »

The day after House of Blasphemy

<Paige> Paige was still avoiding her classes until she could get herself together, but she did have to do some work in her office. Her eyes rested on her Miss America tiara on her bookshelf. She bit her lip, hard, and put it on before sitting down at her desk. Well, grades weren't going to do themselves.

<Fabian> Fabian knocked at the door and peeked in, smirking a bit as he saw Paige. "Well, I'll admit, if someone gave me a tiara I'd wear it as well."

<Paige> "That's because they are fabulous," Paige pointed out, glancing up at Fabian. Why was he in her office? She let her hands drop from the keyboard to her lap.

<Fabian> "They are." Fabian agreed with a nod. "May I?" He nodded on into the room.

<Paige> "I guess so..." she told him, still confused. "You do know you aren't in any of my classes, right?"

<Fabian> "Well, I did let Clarice practice her make up on me a few times but I figured people could find more suitable models for that. My face doesn't really pull off make up well."

<Fabian> He came on in though, letting the door go shut behind him. "Rachel and I went on a bit of a bender last night with the things that happened and I thought I'd see how you were as well...even though we don't really know one another all that well."

<Paige> Paige barely restrained from making a noise of irritation. Of course Rachel had told Fabian what had happened. She told everyone everything. "I'm just find, thank you for checking on me."

<Fabian> "And I also wanted to assure you we didn't go through with our drunken plans and the cross we procured last night is now in the costume closet...warn me if you and Lorna decide to do Jesus Christ: Superstar though."

<Paige> "I'm sorry... what plans... and what cross?" Paige scooted around to better face Fabian for their talk without the computer blocking part of her view.

<Fabian> "There may have been a late night pilgrimage for a cross to send to your mother. Rachel didn't think you'd care for it this morning though so I think I'll save it for a rainy day."

<Paige> Paige just worked her mouth a bit, trying to process what all Fabian had just said. "I'm sorry... what?!"

<Fabian> Fabian grinned a bit sheepishly. "Big giant cross, crown of thorns and everything. We meant sending it down there to her as a way to make you feel better but it didn't seem the best course of action once we slept on it...it really freaked out Walt though."

<Paige> "No... no... no not a good plan." Paige exhaled a bit, so thankful they hadn't done it. "I'm glad you two..." she stopped herself from saying something mean and went with, "had a good night."

<Fabian> "It seemed to help her at the time; generally not a good thing to leave some people drinking on their own." Fabian shrugged, deciding he might as well take a seat. "How are you?"

<Paige> "She was drinking alone?" Paige flailed her hands just a bit. What the heck had happened last night!?

<Fabian> "She was in the recroom; I just happened by, really." Fabian gave a shrug.

<Paige> And of course it never occurred to him to get her to STOP drinking. Paige pressed her hands onto her face, taking a few deep breaths. Awesome. "So what else happened?"

<Fabian> "You've pretty much got the gist of it, really, mainly a night to de-stress." Fabian didn't think it was worth that reaction, however.

<Paige> "Sounds like a... fun night." So that's what that urge to strangle people felt like... Huh. Paige shoved it aside to give him a smile.

<Fabian> "You're sort of avoiding my question, aren't you?"

<Paige> "I am quite fine, I assure you," Paige nodded a bit. She was going to have words with Rachel, however.

<Fabian> "...the only reason I've not been disowned by my father is because he can't afford the scandal. You don't have to lie."

<Paige> "Fabian, I appreciate what you're trying to do, but sweetie, if I won't talk about this with Rachel or Bobby... I'm not going to talk about it with you either. I'm fine."

<Fabian> "...Sweetie?" Really?

<Paige> "You do remember I'm from Texas, right?"

<Fabian> "And when Southerners don't want to be rude the toss out things like that."

<Paige> Paige giggled at him. "Have some candy," she pushed the bowl of M&Ms toward him.

<Fabian> "Well now I just think you're going to fatten me up for a pot luck." Fabian took the candy though, never turning down a favour. "Seriously though, I was just offering you another avenue because, one, you like Rachel and Bobby a good deal more than you like me so that's a completely different way of talking and your other option is a field of people whose parents are dead and that'd just be awkward."

<Paige> "Or I don't have to talk about it at all. Why does nobody let me choose this?"

<Fabian> "What fun is bitching to yourself? I'm not Dai, I'd probably want to stab someone if they came in to share their touchy feelies...and get a hand sanitizer."

<Paige> "That... didn't answer my question," Paige laughed, sighing a bit. "I said I was fine. I'm fine. There has to be something else you can talk about with me."

<Fabian> "Because choosing that is no fun and you're just going to end up all depressed and gooey about it." He wrinkled his nose at the very idea. Who liked being gooey? "I wouldn't think you'd really want to talk to me about much else, to be honest."

<Paige> "Fun? I'm sorry that I'm not more entertaining to you, Fabian. I'm not sure what goooooey ohhhhhhhhh we should make lemon squares!"

<Fabian> "Not the kind of fun I meant...you realize I can't cook to save my life, right? As a matter of fact it may be putting everyone's lives at stake in doing so?"

<Paige> "Nonsense!" Paige was up, taking his hand and dragging him to the kitchen. "I am a teacher... I will teach you!"

<Fabian> "Rachel is a teacher too and together we blew up brownies." Fabian pointed out helpfully as he followed along.

<Paige> "That's because you were likely high at the time."

<Fabian> "Actually I think we would have done so anyway. I've heard of Rachel's cooking abilities. We're not high all the time, after all. Even me and Sean weren't high all the time despite what the room smelled like."

<Fabian> "So, if you don't want to talk family what would you like to talk about?"

<Paige> "It's highly likely. I cook for Rachel... she cooks by using a takeout menu." Paige released Fabian from her clutches as they arrived in the kitchen. She set about gathering the supplies to make the lemon squares, turning the oven on as she passed by. "Well... I know you like to do drugs and drink... what else do you do for fun?"

<Fabian> "I wouldn't really say I like to do drugs as much as I just like trying different things. After all, I didn't really care for the kick incident...those poor squirrels." He frowned for a moment, distracted. "I'm one of those sick people who enjoy their school work, I like nosing through things, quite fond of reading." He shrugged and turned to her.

<Fabian> "What about you? I'm afraid the only things I know that you apparently enjoy is cosmetology and musical theater."

<Paige> "I also like math, which is why I picked up the remedial math class. And dancing. I'm looking into a ballroom dancing competition." Paige set the bowls down on the counter so she could measure out and mix ingredients. She went for the flour first.

<Fabian> "Jacinta had my sister and I learn together when we were little. I'm pretty sure it usually ended in the two of us purposefully tromping on one another's feet. I'm afraid I'm more history than math though but I'm not averse to it."

<Paige> Paige swept up Fabian for a waltz around the kitchen. "Wheee!!!"

<Fabian> Fabian laughed, slightly startled but falling into step. "I promise no foot tramping. Any other hobbies? Eventually we've got to overlap."

<Paige> "We dance! That's overlapping... and no foot stomping. I'll tell Rachel on you," she teased with a giggle.

<Fabian> "That's true, and don't tell Rachel or Cee on me. I fear what they could do." He admitted, pondering questions. "Favourite book?"

<Paige> "The Bible... but I also read The Hunger Games. I liked those. You?" Paige released him when she reached their starting point. She twirled and turned back to her measuring.

<Fabian> "The Stranger...and a somewhat secret Sherlock Holmes obsessive. I'm pretty sure that was one of the reasons I started stalking around old sometimes abandoned places I had no business being in."

<Paige> "Oooohhhh Sherlock! By Jove Watson, I think you've got it!" Paige giggled at herself and started mixing the batter.

<Fabian> "You like musicals, favourite musical?" Fabian asked, leaning against the counter and making to steal just a bit of batter.

<Paige> "Wicked of course! It's Ga-linda with a ga! Ohhh I would want to play Glinda... but I don't know about singing in front of people."

<Fabian> "I figured you had no aversion to that. You can always try it out on karaoke nights. Me, I enjoy Les Mis because nothing amuses me quite so much is really depressing singing Frenchmen."

<Paige> "I can dance... and talk just fine. I just get really nervous when I have to sing for some reason. I wish I didn't... maybe then I would have been asked to join Rachel's band."

<Fabian> "I suppose everyone's nervous about something...I still may have to have words with Walt if he mentions bugs in our room." Yes, batter was now on his spoon! "Any places you want to go?"

<Paige> "Everywhere... I've been to a few places, but I really want to see the world and enjoy what all it has to offer." Paige batted his spoon away with her own spoon. So maybe this wouldn't get baked.

<Fabian> "Absolutely one of my favourite things there." And spoon fencing was now on as well. "Still so many places to check off the list. Despite the fact I'm a soulless ginger that learned from a small age that if I so much look at the sun I'll burst into flames I did enjoy Puerto Rico over break."

<Paige> "Awwww you aren't soulless. Don't less to what people say. Except when they say Rachel is awesome. Listen to them then." Paige won that round of the fight to get a spoonful of batter.

<Fabian> "Generally people are awesome. I enjoy people for the most part." Who needed to bake when it tasted better unbaked? "And she certainly is awesome or we wouldn't be friends."

<Paige> "I like people too, especially children.They are so cute and little and innocent." Paige giggled and took another bite.

<Fabian> "I don't think I would have classified as an innocent child. I'm pretty sure people just wondered where Rosemary was when around me and my sister as children."

<Paige> "Rosemary? Isn't that... some kind of horror movie?" Paige questioned him as she spooned herself another bite of batter.

<Fabian> "Yeah, Rosemary's Baby, spawn of Satan and all that." Fabian replied, scooping up his own bite. "Though I imagine people'd say that about me now, too, so I've not quite grown out of that."

<Paige> "I don't find you the spawn of Satan..." He made questionable life choices that brought Rachel down, but he wasn't the spawn of Satan.

<Fabian> "Of course not, I'm delightful. There are some if you were to ask around though. I've no idea where they get the notion."

<Paige> Oh Paige had an idea of where they got the notion. "Well, forget that. We have lemony batter. And it is delicious."

<Fabian> Fabian just smirked at her a little bit. "Where were we on questions?"

<Paige> "Ummmmmmmmmmm music! What do you listen to?"

<Fabian> "Pretty much anything though, I'm sorry if you're a fan, but I can't really take a lot of country music seriously. Some of it's interesting but I'll never forgive it for Red Solo Cup."

<Paige> Paige laughed at him, setting her spoon down. "You've never been to a proper southern party I take it... that song is very accurate. Red solo cups everywhere. Country gets a bad reputation for being depressing, but they have so many fun songs too."

<Fabian> "I enjoy depressing though. I think it's the hokeyness of some of it. Every genre suffers it, however. It's something that can almost not be avoided in life."

<Paige> "Some of the best songs are the depressing ones. It's because of what you said... it's part of life. We can relate to it."

<Fabian> Fabian shrugged a bit. He had actually been talking about the hokeyness because he was pretty good about escaping depressing things when he wanted to but yes, they were generally there. "Life would be dull, otherwise, you have to have some antagonists."

<Paige> "It makes us really appreciate what we have," Paige commented, taking another spoonful of batter.

<Fabian> Finally, a hint at an actual conversation instead of the kind of small talk he practiced with people he didn't really care about. Fabian couldn't help but look somewhat happier at the prospect. "God knows that's true. That kind of thing generally kick starts me into making sure I still have what's important to me."

<Paige> "With all the stuff that's happened lately, I'm taking classes again. On top of already teaching 4 classes." She moved to the fridge to get out the milk, setting it on the counter and going for glasses. "Milk?"

<Fabian> "Yes please, thanks. What classes?" Fabian asked, curious now. "I'm beginning to think the school should encourage people to take up law because eventually it's going to need a fantastic lawyer."

<Paige> Paige giggled at that, "Well, likely... but between Xavier, the Starks, and Shaw... we should be ok if anything did happen. I'm getting my medical degree. I want to be a surgeon."

<Fabian> "You and Cee'll be seeing a lot of one another then. That's something I could not do...I'm not that great around blood."

<Paige> "Blood doesn't really bother me, obviously. I always wanted to be a pediatrician, but I really feel like it when I can go into the field and save lives using almost nothing. I fell like.. that guy... what's his name... Macgyver!"

<Fabian> "I hope you know you now have a nickname, yes?" Fabian teased but in all seriousness he intended for that to stick.

<Paige> Paige grinned, followed by a laugh. "That's great! I always get girly nicknames."

<Fabian> "Well, MacGyver, just try not to have to use duct tape and rubber bands on people, yes?"

<Paige> Giggling again, Paige nodded. "I would hope not!" She put the milk back in the fridge and took a sip from her glass. "That would huuuuurt."

<Fabian> Fabian grabbed his milk with another thank you. "Indeed it would, to not being held together by duct tape and rubber bands." He raised his glass.

<Paige> With a happy smile, Paige raised her glass. "To not being held together with duct tape and rubber bands."