6/18 Instance: No Ichiki without Kinney

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

6/18 Instance: No Ichiki without Kinney

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

timeline: current

Hisako: Humming along to a tune playing from her laptop, Hisako tied up her hair, stroking the white-haired wig before her mirror as she searched for a hair net. Since Mayday had completed her Halloween costume, she had decided now was a good time to consider a wig for the occasion.

Hisako: She looked down at her chest, gently patting it and letting out a sigh; if she was technically cross-dressing for this costume, at least having a smaller bust would help...

Laura: Despite not sharing a room this year, Laura disregarded knocking on Hisako's door, simply slipping into the room. As she considered Hisako patting herself, her brow furrowed, head tilting as she asked over the music, "What are you doing?"

Hisako: Without turning, Hisako donned the wig, standing up and slowly turning around, doing her best cold scowl as she quoted; "Dante..."

Laura: After closing the door behind her, Laura found the nearest wall to lean against, crossing her arms as she considered Hisako's reflection. The other girl looked strange with lighter hair. "I do not know what that means."

Mayday: "It is from Devil May Cry! You have never heard of it?", Hisako sighed, "I have not showed you that?" she shrugged, "Anyway, May-chan made me a coat so I can dress as Vergil," pointing at the wig, "I look kinda sexy with white hair, huh? Huh?"

Laura: Hisako had shown her a lot of things, enough that much of it was getting difficult to keep track of, even with her excellent memory. "You may have," she honestly answered as she considered the other girl's reflection once more, "It is... different, though not entirely unpleasant to look at, I suppose."

Mayday: Hisako giggled, sitting down at her desk and folding her legs, "So you like imagining me as a boy?" she bit her finger tentatively, grin adorning her face, "Kawaii, Laura-chan..."

Laura: "The thought had never really occurred to me," Laura dryly replied, pushing off the wall to take a seat on Hisako's bed since her friend was going to sit at the desk.

Mayday: "So you prefer girls?" Hisako teased, still laughing.

Laura: Her eyebrow arched as she actually considered the question, finally answering with a small, teasing smirk, "I had never really put much thought into that either, however I put up with you, so..."

Mayday: "Aaah! That's so cold, Laura!" Hisako sniggered, shaking her head and removing her wig and hair net, placing both neatly back on the dummy head at her desk, "So, why did you visit?"

Laura: "For your sense of humor," Laura deadpanned. Then, she shrugged, more seriously answering, "To do this hanging out thing."

Mayday: Hisako nodded, "Oh..." she hummed to herself, "Oh, well, that's ok. I...just wondered if you wanted to do anything specific, I wasn't expecting anyone," she smiled, turning down the music on her laptop,

Mayday: "Oh, except for bakka Julian so he can give me my anime back," she added with a little laugh.

Laura: Scooting back on the bed to sit cross-legged, Laura gave Hisako a skeptical look, "You actually let someone borrow your anime?"

Hisako: "Yes! You have met Julian?" Hisako smiled at the thought of him, "He is supposed to get more from me today, and also we have a project to work on."

Laura: "I am aware of who he is, yes," she nodded, expression remaining passive as she considered the smile on Hisako's face. "I'm surprised you aren't having him watch them with you. It seems like that would be more productive, as you could also get your project over with."

Hisako: Hisako shook her head, "Ha! No, he will watch them, then come back. He's my loyal puppy, you should see him!" she laughed, sitting back and sighing, "He's so simple..."

Laura: "Minded?" Laura supplied as Hisako trailed off, adding, "And, I have seen him. I am not blind."

Hisako: Raising an eyebrow, Hisako's smile faltered slightly, "...I never said you were blind," she frowned, "Why are you being so weird?"

Laura: She gave a frown in return, shaking her head as she insisted, "I am not being weird."

Hisako: "Mochiron chigaimasu!" Hisako muttered, rolling her eyes, "Well....I don't really have a long time before expecting Julian, so maybe you can both hang out while we work?" she shrugged, "Have you been alright recently?"

Laura: Ignoring the sarcasm, Laura gave a simple nod in answer to the first question and stated, "Yes. Mayday has insisted I play these Mass Effect games, so I have been preoccupied with that as well as spending some time in the labs with Bruce. Oh, and I have spent time with Cecilia, too... Other than that, I am focused on my schoolwork."

Hisako: Hisako nodded, "Oh, Cecilia, huh?" she smiled, "And...how is Cecilia? She still hates me?"

Laura: "She seemed indifferent when I mentioned you," she simply replied, giving a shrug as she thought back to the situation in the Danger Room. While she'd mentioned it to Fabian out of concern, she had no intentions of bringing it up once more. "Otherwise, she seems as well as she always has." Sort of.

Laura: Deciding she didn't particularly care to discuss their former roommate, she moved on, "I took Bruce to that one place for dinner."

Hisako: "What 'one place'?" Hisako sat back, knotting her fingers together in her lap, "Megatokyo?"

Laura: "Yes, that place," Laura stated.

Hisako: Hisako laughed, "Ooooh, you took your booooyfriend out, huh?" she grinned, leaning forward, "So what is he like?"

Laura: "I highly doubt one dinner makes him my boyfriend, however I do not think he'd be a terrible choice," Laura admitted, "He's highly intelligent as well as aesthetically pleasing, though I've gathered that most find him to be arrogant."

Hisako: "Well, you said you have to 'put up with me' so much like it's a bad thing.", Hisako smirked, "So what if he is arrogant? He sounds nice, and....well, maybe if he is interested, you can try."

Laura: "Putting up with you could be far, far worse," Laura assured her as she considered the latter half of that, eventually giving a non-committal shrug, "Perhaps."

Hisako: "I think you like him.", Hisako affirmed, "I can tell."

Laura: "Like how I can tell you like Julian?"

Hisako: Pausing, Hisako blinked, right before bursting out with laughter, shaking her head and holding her stomach, "Are you kidding!? Why would I like a person like that? He is...hahaha! He is so immature and like a child!"

Laura: Laura uncurled, letting her legs hang over the edge of the bed as she leaned back on her elbows, "Would you be protesting this much otherwise?"

Hisako: "I just think it's funny! Imagining me with such a person," Hisako giggled, wiping her eye, "Oooh, Laura...what, are you jealous of Julian? Jealous that he might get to spend more time with me?" she creased up again.

Laura: Jealous... Maybe a little. Though, she'd hardly made time for Hisako either. Before she could really think it through, she carefully replied, "I imagine that depends on how valid of a concern it would be..."

Hisako: Hisako's laughter quieted down, "...what, you really think I am replacing you?"

Laura: "No," Laura quickly answered, insisting, "That would be irrational." Though, she supposed jealousy wasn't known for being a reasonable emotion.

Hisako: "Well, good," Hisako nodded, dismissing the thought, "You know, I wonder that....maybe when we..." she sighed, "...never mind. It's alright - you said you are not jealous, so whatever."

Laura: "Maybe when we what?" Laura asked, brow furrowed as she looked over to her friend, not quite as willing to dismiss the thought due to curiosity.

Hisako: With a sigh, Hisako shrugged again, "When we kissed, Laura. I wondered if you thought you were....in love or something..." she looked away, "...I mean, I care about you a lot, but....I don't think that is..."

Laura: Laura found herself averting her gaze as well as she thought back on the incident, confessing, "I didn't know what to make of it at the time, and I... I still don't. I mean, it wasn't unpleasant, but... I..." she paused while she tried to sort exactly what her feelings were. It was true she cared a great deal about Hisako, but the thought of more...

Laura: It wasn't as appealing. It was nice simply having a best friend, so she came to the conclusion, "I believe we agree that it was just a kiss? Nothing more?"

Laura: Because it had been just a kiss and nothing more, it seemed, as it had happened months ago. There hadn't really been anything that followed it. Plus, it wasn't like she'd been dwelling on it overly so, and she doubted she would think much of it now that they were finally having this discussion to lay the issue to rest.

Hisako: "Well, yes. I thought the same," Hisako nodded, with a small smile, "So...don't be jealous, alright? Of anyone," she stood up, approaching Laura and sitting beside her, placing a hand on the other girl's; "You are my best friend. Nobody else will take that."

Laura: Laura clasped Hisako's hand in hers, giving it a slight squeeze, a smirk slowly forming. She was vaguely aware that joking would likely ruin the moment, but she did so anyway with a roll of her eyes, "I suppose not because nobody else could 'put up with you'."

Hisako: "Obviously," Hisako agreed, smiling all the same and resting her head on Laura's shoulder, "And there is nobody I would rather have around."