6/21 Instance: Costume Collaboration

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

6/21 Instance: Costume Collaboration

Post by Ferguson »

Current Timelime

<Sue> Sue... had not thought this through. She sat on the floor of the rec room and eyed the various pieces that her costume was going to be made out of and wondered where in the hell she should start. Regardless, it looked very pretty already. A sea of red, black and burnished gold with the odd strip of white. Classy. But complicated.

<Cecilia> Cecilia was sprawled out across the couch, moving the game controls a little as though that would improve her performance with Crash Bandicoot. "Dammit...." she muttered, as the avatar was run over again.

<Alison> Alison was lost in a mass of tulle fabric she had brought out when it seemed there was clothing being made. She didn't seem to have a plan...but she still had a ton of tulle.

<Laura> Laura had just come into the rec room and moved to stand at the arm of the couch, looking around at the scene before her, surveying it before she opened her mouth. Then, she closed it because she realized she still didn't quite know what to say. It looked like Professor Drake's costume closet had relocated to the center of the rec room. Blinking, she finally managed, "...What is all this?"

<Sue> Sue glanced up at the rustling of fabric and, just in case, spread a forcefield over her own pieces. Better safe than sorry with a potential 'omg I'm blind' trampling incident. She grinned at Laura, "Costume party! .... Sort of."

<Alison> "Yeah, for Halloween!" Alison's voice came from the tulle. "I'm just deciding what to make."

<Cecilia> Cecilia saved her game and set aside her controller. "Sewing shit if I'm not mistaken. I dunno, don't ask me, I was just screwing around in here when the party came to me," she said. She eyed gauzy fabric. "Well, you could be a princess?" she suggested to Alison. "Or a ballerina?" That seemed a typical girl costume at any rate.

<Sue> "Or... a blancmange?" Sue offered with another grin.

<Laura> Her gaze went from Sue to the area where Alison's voice had come from and down to Cecilia, who appeared to have the right idea. Slowly nodded, she edged around the side of the couch to take a seat at the opposite end, trying to avoid the other girl's sprawled form, simply asking, "Why?" Who wore costumes for anything but plays or musicals besides small children?

<Cecilia> Cecilia moved over as Laura went to sit down. She shrugged, "I told 'em Hallo'ween's a month or so away but apparently everybody wants to get the jump on things."

<Sue> "Because Hallowe'en is a month away and this is probably going to take at least that long..." Sue held up her reference pictures in a flat field for Laura to see.

<Alison> "I just like making this sort of thing." Alison stood up surrounded by her fabric. "I'm not sure, I mean, princess or ballerina are sort of done." And she didn't know what Sue had just said.

<Alison> "...I could be a cloud." She looked at the grey tool, seriously considering the pros and cons of clouds.

<Sue> "You could... and you could stick lightning bolts on you or snowflakes or raindrops..." Sue giggled.

<Laura> Mayday had been going on about this as well as Hisako, and it was all just beyond her understanding. Blankly eying the picture being held up, she looked around the room again, "...But what is the big deal about Halloween? Isn't it only widely known as a holiday for young children to play dress-up while wandering the streets and taking possibly poisoned or weaponized candy from strangers?"

<Cecilia> Cecilia shrugged to Laura. "My current costume idea involves a keg, a crappy wedding dress, a hose and some fake blood. One afternoon of shopping and I'll have the showstopper costume. Just wait."

<Cecilia> She barked out a laugh. "Yeah, that's pretty much the idea...except the better neighbourhoods have better and safer candy."

<Sue> "That's exactly what it is." Sue nodded to Laura, "But why should the kiddies have all the fun?"

<Cecilia> Cecilia turned to Laura. "Generally past a certain age you stop going trick or treating and start going to Hallo'ween parties....so you look like less of a weirdo."

<Alison> "Hey, we could go trick or treating for UNICEF or something like that...it doesn't completely make you look like a weirdo."

<Sue> "I won't look like a weirdo. I'm going to look like a badass." Sue determined, pulling her reference pictures back to her and making a start on pining the layers together on the shoulder armour.

<Alison> Alison was now completely sold on the cloud and lightning bolts idea and was now sorting her tulle, a crazed look in her eye.

<Laura> Laura was fairly sure you could become inebriated and dress up in costumes any other day of the week. In fact, Fabian simply proved that with his existence. Brow furrowed as she took in everything, she simply nodded and tried to decide whether this meant she should dress up as well. Though, she thought it was silly and imagined she would feel ridiculous.

<Cecilia> "Yeah, UNICEF. Where I come from that's a bit funny. Most of the time people didn't have money to spare and if you were carrying one of those around you might well have worn a sign saying 'please kick my ass and steal my coins. I'm easy pickings,'" she laughed.

<Sue> "Pfft, like they could kick our asses."

<Alison> "Well...we don't have to go there, do we?" Alison was pretty sure people could kick her ass.

<Laura> "Would it not be easier to simply avoid going door-to-door in that area, if you were to?" That seemed like the most obvious solution to her.

<Sue> It seemed the years below her were full of wusses and devoid of any sense of adventure. Disappointing. They needed a crash course. But first... costume! "Ow!" Damn pins. "Mother fucker."

<Cecilia> "Well I was talking about the South Central Bronx there," Cecilia pointed out. "I wouldn't expect to see any of you there...that'd just be weird and I was a kid for most of the time I was there. Contrary to popular belief I was not born a badass, it took some learning." She shrugged to Laura. "Maybe, but I had to have some fun growing up. I'll run the risk if it means I get some free shit and have a few laughs."

<Alison> "Well, either way my puffy cloud butt isn't going to be kicked." Alison declared, though now she wondered about padding.

<Sue> "Don't worry about my ass. I'm a Paladin. I'll bubble and hearth..."

<Laura> "I don't know what that means," she shook her head.

<Cecilia> "Hell no, you're in Westchester," Cecilia said to Alison. "Worst thing that'll happen to you is my boyfriend will get you to have a few too many jello shots and convince you to sing something stupid-yet-hilarious on Vito's karaoke machine."

<Alison> "...that wouldn't really take much drinks or convincing." Alison said truthfully. "That just sounds like fun."

<Cassie> "Hey! What are you doing?" It wasn't obvious how Cassandra had managed to suddenly appear behind the couch, but for someone with a habit to hop out of the shadows, that much was to be expected. "I think I've heard someone getting poked by a pin, so of course I had to come an check this out."

<Cecilia> Cecilia flinched slightly. "Jesus fuck, Cass. How the hell do you do that....and can you teach me?"

<Laura> "It is quite fun," Laura commented, tensing at Cassie's voice suddenly coming from behind her. Looking over her shoulder, she informed the other girl, "Apparently, we're discussing plans for Halloween and costumes."

<Sue> "That was me..." Sue held up her left index finger, "I have a boo-boo."

<Alison> "Hi Cassie!" Alison just waved, not really perturbed by suddenly Cassie as it didn't really dawn on her to find the girl or her sudden appearance everywhere creepy.

<Cassie> "Sure I can! We'll start by throwing you at a shadow and see if you vanish. It might take a few tries, though." Cassandra snickered and hopped over the back of the sofa, landing on the soft armrest. "Aw, want me to kiss it better?" The smile she gave Sue was less sympathetic than lewd.

<Sue> "... I am all for trying this. Both of those things because the first will be funny."

<Cecilia> Cecilia grinned. "I think you're better at disappearing than I am Sue."

<Cassie> "Oooh, I love making costumes!" Cassandra's eyes sparkled with excitement as they took in all the colourful cloth and the needles and pins lying about. "Can I help? Please, say that I can!" While she put on her most convincing puppy eyes, she reached for Sue's hand and pulled it close, first blowing softy on the hurt finger before touching it to her lips.

<Sue> "I am awesome at disappearing." She nodded sagely, grinning at Cass, "Wow, that feels much better!"

<Cecilia> Cecilia got up and flopped down next to Alison. "I suppose you'll be able to find some glitter or something in the costume closet to fill your atmosphere there."

<Alison> "Of course you can help. You should make yours, too!" Alison declared, nodding to Cecilia. "Oh yes, I can make it rain with it!"

<Cassie> "Yes?" She smiled at the blonde girl, still holding her hand. "Then this should feel amazing." Cassandra closed her lips around the tip of Sue's finger, a slight smirk curling the corner of her mouth as she gently suckled on the digit.

<Sue> Sue giggled, "You're a very bad girl."

<Cassie> "Yes, and you should spank me," Cassandra replied without a hint of shame. Finally she let go of Sue's hand and got comfortable between the other girls. "That sounds exciting. Well, I'd need to come up with an idea first."

<Cecilia> "I suppose clowns and zombies are out, right?" Cecilia said wryly to Cass.

<Laura> Leaning back into the cushions of the couch, Laura peered around at all the other girls, her brow crinkling once more as she stated, "Zombies would definitely be out for me."

<Sue> "Clowns are creepy." Sue wrinkled her nose, "Not harlequins... just the... other ones..."

<Cassie> "I thought it was supposed to be a costume?" Cassandra replied to Cecilia with a sly grin.

<Cecilia> Cecilia shrugged. "You remind me of the girl from Beetle Juice sometimes. Maybe there's an idea in there."

<Sue> "Ooooh I love that movie! .... Can we watch that instead of watching you fail at computer games?" She looked over at Cecilia.

<Cassie> "You know, that idea isn't bad at all," she commented, a thoughtful look on her face as she lightly rubbed her chin. "I love Lydia. Now I wonder if I could get Jonas to dress up as Beetlejuice..."

<Cecilia> Cecilia raised an eyebrow. "I set aside the controller awhile ago. TV's yours whenever." She clicked her tongue. "I think the movie disturbed me somewhat as a kid. I can remember being troubled by how the afterlife seemed so sinister."

<Sue> "The sand snake thingies were the scary things to me." Sue got up to look for the movie. "I bet you could... probably want to make him agree before he sees the movie though."

<Cecilia> Something struck her then though. "Was there anything after...?" she asked Cass, curious.

<Laura> Laura had no idea what this movie they were talking about was, but the subject appeared to be changing to something else she was doubtful about, which wasn't really an unusual thing.

<Cassie> Cassandra returned Cecilia's look, her own expression becoming more serious for the time being. "There was something," she told her, pulling up her legs to wrap her arms around her knees. "I had no sense of time or place, but my mind... it was certainly conscious."

<Cassie> She bit her lip and sheepishly tilted her head. "Though, I don't know how much stock you should put into my words," the raven-haired girl added. "Some would say I wasn't truly dead to begin with, just going through another manifestation of my powers."

<Sue> Sue located the dvd and plopped down in front of the dvd player, pulling the remote to her with the help of a bubble so she could change the channel.

<Alison> Alison settled in for movie time as well, glue gun in hand and far too much tulle to be reasonable. "So, anyone else have costume ideas?"

<Cecilia> Cecilia wrapped her arms around her knees. She wasn't sure which she preferred. Something or nothing. It depended on the day really which she believed in. She shrugged, "It was worth asking. In any case, I'll find out for myself eventually won't I?" She just hoped she didn't end up somewhere where the people she loved were not. Heaven would not be heaven without them.

<Cecilia> Cecilia nodded to Alison. "Oh yeah, I'm just trying to decide if it's the best or worst idea ever," she laughed.

<Sue> Sue popped the dvd in and got up, "We need popcorn... but I don't want to walk all that way so I'm going to cheat." She made the wall between them and the kitchen invisible and, with a series of well aimed bubbles, got some popcorn in the microwave. "Goddamn. I love my powers."

<Cassie> Shifting closer to the other girl, Cassandra gave Cecilia a sympathetic smile. "You have seen what was left of my body, though," she told her. "Whether you want to call it just another inexplicable mystery of science or true resurrection, if my mind and personality could persist through that, there must be more to us than just flesh and bone."

<Cecilia> Tworedstainslikehibiscusflowers. Cecilia swallowed hard and pushed that memory away as quickly as possible before she had another flashback in front of a group of people. "Maybe."

<Alison> Alison decided to stay out of the conversation, not sure really what she was comfortable with adding. She hadn't been there and they were also talking about the kind of beliefs that people held onto very tightly.

<Sue> "Anyone want drinks? Because I'm totally going to try making tea from in here..." Sue caught her tongue between her lips in concentration while she tried to fill the kettle.

<Cassie> "You just have to love powers that allow you to be even lazier," Cassandra commented, then aided Sue's popcorn project by creating a small portal to the kitchen, reaching through the black sphere to push the button that would switch on the microwave. "That should earn us bonus points for creative teamwork."

<Sue> "They really should consider this stuff extra credit." Sue nodded sagely, throwing her arms up in a cheer when she managed to turn on the tap.

<Cecilia> Cecilia got up. "I got stuff to do guys...well, girls. Med school doesn't just happen y'know. So, see you later then?"

<Alison> "See you later, Cecilia!" Alison waved her glue gun a bit dangerously.

<Cassie> "Have fun!" Cassandra wave at Cecilia. "I can take over for you."

<Alison> "Take over as what?" Alison asked, momentarily confused.

<Cassie> "I don't know? I just assumed Cecilia was helping you with the costumes." Cassandra became distracted again. "Hey, Sue! Wanna try to take something to drink out of the fridge with your bubbles and drop it into my portal?"

<Sue> "Oooh sure!" Sue crammed a field into the fridge door to pop it open. "She wasn't helping, she was playing video games... badly."

<Alison> "Well you're more than welcome, have a glue gun!" Alison held one out to Cassie.

<Cassie> "Ooh!" Cassandra's eyes wend wide when she took the glue gun from Alison. "You know you might come to regret this, right? Too late, though! You already gave it to me!" Over the excitement about getting to handle hot glue she completely forgot about the portal still hovering in front of her.

<Cassie> She was reminded when a carton of juice came through to bonk her against the head. "Ow!"

<Sue> Sue giggled, "Mind your head!"