6/23 Instance: Volver

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

6/23 Instance: Volver

Post by Ferguson »

Timelined right after Tony for President

Fabian: Fabian grabbed his phone as the text message ring for Cecilia finally sounded. 'I'm still alive.' Well, Cee knew how to get a message across as quick as anything. He typed furiously. 'Are you okay now?'

Cecilia: Cecilia jumped as her phone sounded out. Good, so the text had finally gotten through. It had taken awhile, the van was coming up on Salem Centre proper now. She read the message and considered this for a minute, looking down at her blood-stained clothes. 'I'm not hurt, just shaken.'

Fabian: Fabian was up and grabbing his wallet and keys from his desk. 'Where are you now?'

Cecilia: 'In the van just entering Salem Centre,' she texted back. 'Should be there in 20 mins or less. Are you okay?'

Fabian: Fabian looked at the words on the screen, pausing at his door as he thought that question over. After a while he decided he didn't really have an answer for her. 'I'm alive, too.'

Cecilia: Cecilia felt her heart sink as she read that. Well, she supposed she couldn't expect better. 'I'll be there soon. I'll come see you once I've washed off the blood - don't worry, it's not mine. I'll tell you everything then.' She didn't offer platitudes or reassurances. Obviously things weren't alright and she wouldn't lie and say they were.

Fabian: Fabian was all ready down to the stairs and heading to the door, not really intending to wait too long. 'Is anyone hurt?' He could guess the answer to that. What footage had been aired, of course, was pretty self explanatory on who was dead but beyond that he was mostly guessing. 'Did we capture anyone?'

Cecilia: 'No captures. I'm fairly certain there's no causalities on our side. Hope was shot twice in the chest. No word on her condition.' She sighed as they pulled up the driveway. 'Your sister is still alive.'

Fabian: Fabian let out a breath he wasn't quite aware he had been holding. Hope, surely they would have heard something if things were bad. 'Thanks, not exactly something to ask while everyone's scrambling.'

Cecilia: 'No. I don't think so either.' She unbuckled her seat and jumped out of the van before it had even come to a complete stop. Pocketing her phone as she walked briskly across the front lawn towards the real deal.

Fabian: Fabian pocketed his phone as he closed the distance between them, throwing an arm over her shoulder and pulling her close, not taking any mind of the blood on her face or her clothes. "Lets get away." He got out, ready to be in dorms and away from people.

Cecilia: "Yeah, that sounds g-good." She hadn't noticed how afraid she was until now, or perhaps she hadn't let herself feel it while she was needed, but the second she was pulled closely she began shaking. "I'm fine, I just didn't t-think I'd make it out for a minute there," she explained as they made their way upstairs. "There were s-some close calls."

Fabian: "You got out." That was what was important. They got out. Pryor and Zazel were dead as were more than a few bystanders though. That was also important but Fabian couldn't make himself think about that just this minute. "You're safe now." He held onto her all the tighter as he felt her start to shake.

Cecilia: "I k-know," she said, swallowing hard. "But maybe half of the people in that room d-didn't. Are you sure you're alright?" He was holding her pretty tightly.

Fabian: "To be expected." Fabian replied truthfully. He didn't really know how one was to be expected to be with the news he had today but he was pretty sure he was at least within the perimeters. "The news hasn't reported too big of a death toll so far. I guess they got their main goal, though..."

Cecilia: "Pryor's dead. Zazel's dead," Cecilia said. "Stark's and Rhodes aren't yet but they weren't the biggest threat." She fished out the key to her dorm and began yanking off her clothes, throwing them in the trash.

Cecilia: She stared at her hands, they were still shaking and flecked with blood, she clenched them into fists. "They'll do anything to destroy us," she said, roughly, tears seeping out, though she didn't seem sad.

Fabian: "Stark and Rhodes are fine according to what I just saw." Fabian offered up at the first statement, readying himself to join her in the shower. "We're not destroyed though, are we?"

Cecilia: She just dropped her hands. "I don't fucking know. Ask me at the end." She stalked past him and got into the shower, turning up the water to a scalding level. She started scrubbing hard, thankful that the water hid her tears.

Fabian: "Cee. We're not." Fabian said simply to her frustrations. To him the answer to that was obvious but he took things differently than she seemed to.

Cecilia: She didn't say much for the rest of the shower and didn't feel much better afterwards. "Have you heard from your parents?" she said finally, as she threw on sweatpants and a t-shirt. "Do they know yet?"

Fabian: "I'm sure they know and I'm sure I'll be having an eventful conversation with them soon enough."

Cecilia: Cecilia nodded, sitting down heavily on her bed, eyes glued to the floor. "What're they saying on the news about this? I'd just like to know where to begin."

Fabian: "Honestly? It's a pretty jumbled mess. Nobody really seems to know what to make of it so they're making up shit I'd guess."

Cecilia: Cecilia motioned for him to join her. He seemed so...calm. Other than the initial concern when she'd arrived he wasn't particularly upset. This wasn't what she'd anticipated at all. "Your sister was leading the attack, all the Acolytes were there and the one surviving Marauder - Scrambler - as you've probably heard."

Cecilia: She watched him for some sort of reaction. "She nearly killed me, Kevin and that new girl, Elizabeth. Attacked us psychically and was going to finish us off with a machine gun. If Elizabeth hadn't attacked back when she did the three of us would be dead."

Fabian: Calm was the last thing that he was but lethargic was a big part of what he was right now so it sort of seemed to carry through as he automatically joined Cecilia. This was basically how he was upset. "It doesn't make sense."

Cecilia: "There was something wrong with them," Cecilia remarked. "They looked like automatons. You should've seen them. They mowed down row after row of mutants and the expression on their faces were the same as if they were watching the toilet flush."

Cecilia: "They did something to them while they were locked up." She studied Fabian for awhile. She tried to imagine him locked away in a cell like the other Acolytes and her heart clenched. "They had to have. There's no way they would do that willingly. They wanted to further the mutant cause, not hinder it."

Fabian: "I know that, Cee, and now they're being used to hinder it...if there had been some kind of jail break we would have heard about it at least as well, at least through SWORD contacts or if they were ever in a proper jail."

Fabian: "My sister can be a terrible person but that is something that would not be her actions and now she's doing them. I know her better than that."

Cecilia: "Everyone can be a terrible person. Anyone who says differently is lying," Cecilia said, laying down and facing the wall. "We have to get them outta there," she said. "We have to...this is so fucking...I can't even. Who the hell do they think they are? This would never be done to human terrorists! They...they don't even see us as people. We're just things to them. They're gonna try to destroy us. It's not a matter of 'if' it's a matter of 'when.' This fucking proves it!"

Fabian: "Of course they are. They all ready have been."

Cecilia: Cecilia rolled over. "You -" she shook her head " -of course you agree. Who I did I think I was talking to?" She leaned on her hand. "What the fuck are we doing here then?" she asked him, actually very interested in the answer.

Fabian: Fabian looked confused at that, however. "What do you mean?"

Cecilia: "I mean why are we risking our lives for this?" Cecilia said, restating the question. "I don't know about you, but I don't honestly think we can achieve anything by doing what we're doing here alone. If vigilantism and being heroes was gonna make the world accept us then it would've a long time ago. If I'm gonna die for something I want it to be for something I really believe in. I don't believe what the X-Men are doing is the answer. Not on its own. Do you understand what I'm saying here?"

Fabian: Fabian just looked at her for a moment then sighed, looking down again. "This isn't what I need right now, Cee. I don't need your doubt about what you're doing with your life right now. Just because they're trying to break us doesn't mean we're broken and that doesn't mean that we're on some terrible path."

Fabian: "There are a lot of things that can be done but the question is where should the line be drawn at and even this place has crossed it once in a while. We're not just playing at vigilantism here and you know that but each time something happens you start in on things and right now I'm going to have to ask you to be the reassuring one this time."

Fabian: "Because right now I'm not all that capable of reeling you in."

Cecilia: Cecilia shut her mouth with an audible click. No, now was definitely not the time. "I'm sorry...I'm being a selfish bitch."

Fabian: "I don't need that either," Fabian added. "You're not being selfish...it's just that considering I've been on the other side of things and everything? It's not the answer you're looking for, Cee."

Cecilia: "There's no right answer," Cecilia said, shuffling closer and embracing him. "I decided awhile ago that it's not a matter of right and wrong so much as it's a matter of picking the lesser evil." Right now, the X-Men's methods were the lesser evil...but the day they weren't anymore....

Cecilia: She began rubbing his back. "What do you need now then?" she asked, preferring to be told as opposed to having to guess.

Fabian: Fabian didn't know how to word his answer. "I just...I don't even know. I just need a break from being the one that has to bring you up right now because I'm too far down." He struggled to think about how to put the next bit as well, it was a strange turn of roles for him

Fabian: "I'm afraid you've inherited the role of reassuring me and keeping me sane a good deal more than usual."

Cecilia: Cecilia nodded, still rubbing his back. "I can do that. I can definitely do that. And even if I can't I'll just fake it till I make it." What to do now though? Maybe she should try getting him to talk about some things. "What's your biggest concern right now?"

Fabian: "I hadn't exactly sorted them out by severity just yet...before you texted me I'd have to say you being dead at the hands of my sister definitely took the top."

Fabian: He went quiet though, actually giving proper thought to all of the horrible things that had ran through his head today. "What if it's not reversible. What if the closest thing I have to a sister now is that today?"

Cecilia: She felt very touched by this. "I survived, it might've been a close shave, but I made it. I'm here right now," she said, embracing him tightly. "I'm here and I'm not leaving you. I promise."

Cecilia: "I'd fucking kill anyone or anything that got in my way just to see you one last time..." She cleared her throat and swiped at her eyes quickly. "We don't know that yet, but if it can't be fixed then we'll have to carry on as best we can."

Fabian: "That goes without saying." Fabian pointed out. "And we will no matter what. It's not like we haven't been doing so since before this, after all. It's just a different thing to think of it as final...and another thing entirely to have some shell of her out there."

Cecilia: Cecilia listened and took this in. "What...what would you want to do if there was no fixing it? If we got her back and she was just a walking vegetable?"

Fabian: "As much as I hate to say it it isn't up to me." He did hate to say it, too. "It would be up to father."

Cecilia: "Does that bother you more or less?" she said. "I asked what you wanted, not what your father would do."

Fabian: "Of course it bothers me more. He'd keep her alive shut away at home trying to make some big production of his poor ailing daughter. She'd be like some kind of pet that he could use to illicit sympathy with. I don't know what I would want and I hope not to find out."

Cecilia: Cecilia nodded. "I think I'd feel pretty much the same," she admitted. "You're really scared for her." It wasn't a question. "You still love her a lot."

Fabian: "Of course, I mean, imagine if it were Miguel. Just because we don't have the healthiest relationship in the world doesn't void it...it just makes things more complicated and probably means I get to endure a lot of stupidity in the next few weeks."

Cecilia: "I wasn't questioning that and I wouldn't expect any less... I was more stating a fact," she said. Actually, it was more she was trying to get him to talk to her, maybe even vent a little. "I'd be very surprised if you stopped loving her just like that." She frowned. "You think people are going to act like assholes to you for that?"

Fabian: "Have you met people?" Fabian asked, laughing a bit sharply. "You know someone will."

Fabian: "I mean, 'there but for the grace of God go I' after all, someone will have a good deal of smart things to say about that I'm sure."

Cecilia: "They won't if they know what's good for them," she said grimly. "Has anyone said anything?" she said, suspicious all of a sudden. "'Cause I thought everyone was past blaming you whenever something goes wrong. I swear to God, if that shit starts up again I'm gonna come down on someone like a holy fucking firestorm."

Fabian: "Nobody's had time to say anything yet, Cee, this has all just happened." Fabian managed something of a laugh. "I can take people down though, don't worry too much about that. I'm just going to be...stressed." It was a delicate way of putting continually on edge and probably a snappish mess.

Cecilia: "I'm not saying you can't. You can...when I come down on people I'm not doing it entirely for you though, a good portion of that is for me." Her eyes narrowed. "To make those kind accusations and blame you...it's beyond insulting."

Fabian: Fabian gave her his best deadpan face. "Cee...bitches be crazy."

Cecilia: "Don't I know it," she deadpanned right back, raising an eyebrow in return and dropping into her Nuyorican accent. "'Cause I be the craziest bitch of 'em all, babe."

Fabian: Fabian just snorted, falling back on her bed. "Well, luckily you're not this class or else I'd be shit out of luck,"

Cecilia: "If I were this class things would be much better for you," she said, sliding a leg between his two. "Do you have any idea how much I care about you? How highly I think of you? You would have an easy time of it if everyone saw you the way I did."

Fabian: "I like that just being you, though. I wouldn't want just everyone thinking about me how you think about me." He made himself comfortable, keeping her close. "I hope you know I'm staying here for the night."

Cecilia: " Why's that? Oh...well, I guess it probably wouldn't be good if everyone entertained fantasies of you," she said, laughing. On the other hand though she liked the idea of other people being jealous."You're more than welcome. The seahorses love it when you stay...how likely is it you'll start sleep walking again?" she asked, concerned. "Maybe I should stay with you at night until things quiet down - if you want that is."

Fabian: "Oh, everyone entertains fantasies of me. Not everyone holds me in high esteem like you do so you get to be special in that way as well as many other ways." He considered her question and sort of shrugged into the pillow. "It's possible, not completely unlikely, and of course I want you to."

Cecilia: Cecilia squeezed him happily. "Then I'll stay," she said. "Tonight and the night after….and the night after that…and the night after that..." she said, stealing a kiss for each night. "Until you're alright on your own again. Walt's gonna have kittens but I could seriously care less."

Fabian: "We'll do half in here at least." Fabian replied, stealing a kiss back. "But he can deal with his half of those nights; for the sake of fairness with Mayday and Janet."

Cecilia: "No-one can accuse us of being unfair to the little shit," Cecilia said, raising an eyebrow. "We're being perfectly reasonable - he's just a dumbass."

Cecilia: She hummed happily. "Are you feeling a bit better now, mi heroe? Y'know, if you ever need to talk I'm here...anytime. Or if you don't want to I'm here anyway." She took one of his hands and squeezed it. "We'll get through this together like we always do, right? Being each other's grip, yeah?"

Fabian: He nodded, smiling over to her a small bit. "I am, felt better once you were back even." He returned the squeeze, sighing. "We're good about keeping a grip on one another, we certainly will. I'll try not to stick with silence too terrible much."

Cecilia: "I did too," she admitted. "All I wanted the whole time I was trapped in that auditorium was to see you again. I'm more than glad I got my wish." She snorted. "You hardly shut up around me but if I ever think you're holding out too much on me then I'll find a way to get the ball rolling...I won't leave you to face this alone, Fab. Just like you never left me."

Fabian: "…You are the sappiest person I know." Fabian teased, grinning. "I'll let it slide, though."

Cecilia: Cecilia slid her pillow out from under her head and whacked him with it. "Shut up," she laughed.