6/24 Instance: Long Forgotten Sons

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

6/24 Instance: Long Forgotten Sons

Post by Ferguson »

Timelined after Volver

Walt: Fabian had stayed over at his girlfriend's place last night, as Walt had expected he would, considering how strung out he'd been when he'd heard the news about the massacre at the presidential debates.

Walt: So while the opportunity was there, Walt had gotten to work, hiding small plastic bugs in various crooks and crannies for his roommate to find, stocking the mini-fridge with a bunch of frozen mealworms bought at a pet store and installing a small robotic spider over the doorway of the bathroom that dropped down whenever someone trigger the motion sensor.

Walt: Hearing approaching footsteps he quickly rushed over to his laptop, starting up some SolidWorks homework and doing his best to appear completely innocent.

Fabian: Fabian had managed to sleep but he didn't exactly look like it as he made his way through the hallway at a dragging pace. He fumbled with his keys and drug himself into his dorm as well and made for the fridge. Caffeine. He needed caffeine to live and to think right now and there were too many obstacles between him and it; the steps, the door and... "…Cute."

Walt: …Cute? Damn it. Well, obviously that phobia wasn't so bad that plastic bugs set it off. He could only hope the actual mealworms or the robotic spider would catch him by surprise enough to do the trick.

Fabian: Fabian was bothered by the mealworms. He was bothered by too much right now to show it as much as he usually did but there was a certain tightening in his face as he grabbed a towel to handle the mealworms and get them the hell out of his fridge.

Walt: "Make sure you check the tins too," Walt said, struggling to keep a smirk off his face. "It'd be a bad day for you if you accidentally ate one."

Fabian: "…Because my day is good so far?" Fabian stood up from where he had been kneeling by the fridge, arms crossed over his chest. "I seem to remember I cleared out things for you. I believe you can return that favour."

Walt: "Sure," Walt said. "I can do that. Tit for tat, right? Well, actually, if that were the case then I'd have to leave one behind, just like you did." He began to chuckle wheezily. "The question is do you want it on your bed or would you like to be surprised?"

Fabian: Fabian just looked at Walt for a moment. Fuck him. "Never-mind." He returned to clearing the fridge.

Walt: Walt just watched and waited. Help me robotic spider, you're my only hope! "Oh, there are a few messages for you," he said, indicating the cord phone they had in the room. "They're in some other language though so I couldn't tell who it was."

Fabian: "Thanks." The tone didn't exactly indicate gratitude as Fabian eyed the phone with a high level of distrust. He was not ready to deal with that shit just yet. He looked at the mealworms he had collected and scooped the towel up, opening the window and shaking them out out. Like hell he was going to have them lingering around.

Walt: Walt just turned back to his work. "So your girlfriend got out alright then?" Fabian had been pacing a lot the other day when it'd come on the television they

Fabian: "She's okay. Hope was shot."

Walt: Walt nodded. Hope was in a few of his classes but he didn't know her all that well and from what he did know he was pretty sure they wouldn't get along. "…That sucks," he said, unsure of what else to say to that. He wasn't her friend but on the other hand he didn't want her to die and he didn't wish getting shot on anyone. He'd been shot before after all. "Is she dying?"

Fabian: "I doubt it given her power-set and the power-set of others here." Fabian replied, looking around for any sign of more bugs. If he had put them in the shower Walt may die before morning. Fabian moved to go on into the bathroom to check.

Walt: Walt waited with bated breath as the motion sensor triggering and the little robotic spider slid down in front of Fabian at eye-level, wriggling it's tiny robotic legs.

Fabian: There was a screech and rushed Catalan swearing as Fabian backhanded the spider clear across the room, jumping and turning just in time to see it smack into the wall behind Walt.

Walt: Walt was on the floor, unable to contain himself at both the owl screech and the bitch slap the robotic spider received. "Hahaha! Spider 1, Fabian 0!" he choked out. That had been worth every penny he'd spent to buy the thing.

Fabian: Fabian didn't say a word, not one word. Instead he took five quick, long steps to Walt's desk and snatched his pill bottle from it's customary spot before returning to his quest to head into the bathroom.

Walt: Walt had never sobered up faster in his life. "What are you doing?" he said, a note of fear entering his voice.

Fabian: Fabian didn't answer; instead he just flushed.

Walt: "No!" Walt shouted, scrambling towards the bathroom just in time to see his pills go down the toilet bowl. "Do you have any idea what you've done?!"

Fabian: "Took away the crutch given to you by people who think you're an animal." He answered matter-of-factly, stepping past him and back out into their room.

Walt: Walt was absolutely shaking from both rage and fear. "Is that what you think? That you did me a favour!? You just signed my arrest warrant you goddamn bastard!" he shouted at the top of his lungs. "I should kick the living crap out of you!"

Fabian: "Don't call me that. Also quit being overdramatic." Fabian shook out his bedding, sure that there would be bugs in it.

Walt: "What, 'bastard'?" Walt snarled. "Oh come on, that's not even a really bad one. I could've called you what they called me in the group homes. Mutie, gene-freak. Bastard doesn't even make the top five and it describes you perfectly!" he said, unaware how close his assessment really hit home. "You sure dish it out so I think you can take a little name-calling every once and awhile. Especially when you really do act like a bastard!"

Fabian: Fabian turned to look at him for just a moment before backhanding him just as hard as he had the spider decoy.

Walt: Walt stared at Fabian. Completely stunned. He hadn't expected him to hit him. The thought that his roommate would do that had never crossed his mind and now he realized he'd been a fool to believe he wouldn't. He touched his tongue where he'd bitten down on it. Some of the saliva came away tinged red. "You fucking..."

Walt: He flinched as the phone began to ring. It had been ringing off the hook since Fabian had left yesterday.

Fabian: Fabian closed his eyes. Breathe in, breathe out. "I'm sorry. I'm out of sorts and that wasn't something I should have done." Not thinking, he reached over and answered the phone. "Hello?"

Walt: Walt slunk into the bathroom while Fabian was occupied with the phone, turning on the water and assessing the damage to his tongue in the mirror. He'd bitten pretty deep into it, but it looked relatively okay.

Fabian: Fabian's voice was all ready starting to get strained. "Sí, hola pare." And so it began, the thing that Fabian had so desperately not wanted to do at all, talk to his father after this whole thing. He held the phone away from his ear in preparation for the ranting he knew was going to be coming.

Fabian: ((Catalan: Yes, hello father.))

Fabian: "Pare, ca-...calmar-se. Sí, ja ho vaig dir a calmar-se, perquè l'únic que està fent millor és la factura del telèfon per la banda de les coses de l'empresa. I -…" Why was he trying to even get a word in edgewise? The force of the voice on the other end was steamrollering anything he actually had to say about anything.

Fabian: ((Father, ca-…calm down. Yes, I did tell you to calm down, because the only thing you're making better is the phone bill for the company's side of things. I -…))

Walt: Walt paused at the sink, his fingers still in his mouth, he could hear someone screaming over the line from across the room while the water was running. That was truly terrifying. He sighed, shutting off the tap and wandering back out into the room.

Fabian: "No sé el que podem fer, pare, I... sí, ja sé ... sí ... ja sé que vaig dir que podria ajudar abans, però-... oh, ara vol ajudar als X-Men, eh? ... Per descomptat que vaig a ser intel · ligent, és el que he de fer-…pare en realitat estic intentant dir te alguna cosa, si em deixes." That just seemed to aggravate the man further, which wasn't all that surprising.

Fabian: ((I don't know what we can do, father, I...yes, I know...yes...I know I said they could help before but-... oh, now you want the X-Men's help, eh?…Of course I'm being smart, it's what I do-… father I'm actually trying to tell you something, if you'd let me.))

Fabian: He could feel his stomach start to twist up just listening to the barrage coming from the other end. He started moving nervously through the room just to work off some of that sick energy.

Walt: Walt didn't understand the language. But he knew the word 'father.' So maybe that was his dad? Walt sighed and began throwing things into his backpack to take to the library. Figures he'd have a dad that supported him and his mutation. Though it wasn't much of a mutation.

Fabian: "Anem a investigar. Jo no havia tingut l'oportunitat de cridar encara. Nosaltres no tenim res i no no sé on és ni res. I -... no pare, jo no he abandonat a ningú!" Fabian's voice went to a strange high pitch that actually sort of hurt to speak in.

Fabian: ((We're going to investigate. I hadn't had a chance to call you yet. We've not got anything yet and no I don't know where she is or anything. I -…no father, I've not abandoned anyone!))

Fabian: In addition to the shrillness in his voice the colour started to drain from his face as he listened. "No, no crec que hagi vingut aquí caldrà -... sí, m'adono que no puc dir-te què fer, però no té sentit!"

Fabian: ((No, I don't believe you coming here will be necessary - … yes, I realize I can't tell you what to do, but it's pointless!))

Walt: Walt looked up from his packing briefly. "Oh my God!" he exclaimed, his eyes widening. "You're...I can see all your veins!" Wait...why did he care? Other than the fact it looked like his roommate was going to have a stroke here.

Fabian: Some of those veins were pulsating visibly as well as Fabian's anger only grew. He started to speak a few times but found himself cut off at just a few words and each time his teeth gritted together a bit harsher and his stomach knotted tighter until it was far, far too much. "Take the phone." He said urgently, holding it out to Walt.

Walt: "What? No!" Walt said, annoyed.

Fabian: "Please!"

Walt: Walt reached to take it but then hesitated. He'd heard this 'please' business before and got very little for helping his roommate before. Why should he help?

Fabian: Fabian didn't wait any longer, just tossing the phone at the bed and hurrying back into the bathroom where he feared he was going to lose whatever food he had in his system.

Walt: Walt watched Fabian take off into the bathroom and felt like a bit of a jerk though he wasn't sure why he should feel that way. Gingerly, he picked up the phone and put it to his ear. "Uhm…hello?" he said lamely.

Esteban: English? Why was there someone on the other end speaking English to him now? "Who the fuck are you, boy?!" Esteban started. "Are you someone in charge there or are you extra worthless?"

Walt: "Uh...no, I'm not in charge. I'm Fabian's roommate," Walt said, wincing. Holy crap - his dad was mad. "I'm not even on the team, I just live here."

Walt: "May I place your call somewhere more appropriate?" he tried. Like with someone who actually knew what was going on.

Esteban: "My fucking bastard of a son can't even pass me off to someone useful?!" There was some very colourful swearing indeed which was luckily in Catalan for his listener's sake. "You tell me what you're going to do about this and I don't want to hear any 'we're working on it.' I want to hear an answer, you understand me, boy? An answer."

Walt: "...Yes, sir." Walt said weakly, paling at just the tone of voice. Bastard? Now it was one thing for Walt to call Fabian names but what kind of dad called his kid a bastard?! "Err...I think the team's gathering information now...but I don't know for sure. Like I said, you'd have to talk to someone who's in charge."

Esteban: "Well, you may be worthless but at least you're not trying to stuff some bullshit platitudes down my throat like my bastard boy. You make that son of a bitch call me. Do you understand, boy?"

Walt: "Yes, sir...right after he's done being sick," Walt said, he could still hear retching in the bathroom. "It might be awhile."

Fabian: "You bet your ass, 'yes, sir.' Finally found one with some fucking manners I swear to God." The phone clicked off on Esteban's end as he continued his fit in his office.

Walt: Walt would bet his ass. In fact, he was willing to bet more than that with this crazy dad. He put the phone down and wandered over to Fabian in the bathroom. "Uhm…your dad told me to tell you to call him back. He's really mad."

Fabian: Fabian was almost completely composed now as he sat on the floor. "He can suck a thousand dicks, I'll call Jacinta when I know anything. Thank you, though."

Fabian: Fabian sighed, rubbing his face and clearing his throat. "I'll replace your prescription...even if I think they're a terrible idea."

Walt: "Erm...your welcome," Walt said reflexively, taking in the scene here. "You do want me to text your girlfriend or something? You look like you're going to faint. I think you should take a sick day."

Walt: He sighed. "You can't get that particular type down here. It's not approved by the USA's safety standards. I know, I was halfway through the bottle and looking into getting it re-filled." His dosage had been very high and the other sedatives he could get here in America required another prescription. Surely he could get one here from one of the doctors though. "I'll deal with it myself. I had to do it sometime anyway."

Fabian: "I'll text her soon enough once I'm up from here and burrowed into bed. I'll admit I pretty much plan to spend the day hiding in here - cowardice be damned for one day."

Walt: Walt nodded. "...Why does your dad hate you so much?"

Fabian: Was hate really the best word for that? Well, Fabian didn't know what else it'd be called. "I'm a bastard traitor who doesn't lick his heels but he can't disown me because of the scandal on top of everything else."

Walt: Walt blinked. "'A bastard traitor'?" he repeated. "What exactly is that supposed to mean?"

Fabian: "In my father's eyes I left my sister to hang and now she's apparently being used as a weapon for the 'opposition'."

Walt: Okay that made the traitor part make sense, but it didn't explain the other label. Walt studied him for a minute. Things slowly falling into place. "Are you illegitimate?" he asked.

Fabian: "Yeah, but he dealt with that a long time ago, he just likes to add it when he has proper complaints against me...not that his complaint is proper here, either. I tried to get her out, she wouldn't do it."

Walt: He really was a jerk. "I'm...I'm sorry," he said, looking away. "Wait… why didn't he marry your mother?" There was a gap that needed to be filled.

Fabian: "Well, I think his wife would object, for one." Fabian had to laugh at that as he stood up properly. "Plus, all in all, she seems a bit of a twit, would have been murdered on the social circuit."

Walt: "Oh..." Walt said, looking away. "My father had a mistress," he said, not sure why he was saying this. "She used to be his receptionist but after awhile she stopped working and just... hung out or something while he supported her. They did that for seven years. My mother found out when I was fifteen."

Fabian: "Classy." Fabian wrinkled his nose. "I hope your mother wrung him just as good as Jacinta did father."

Walt: Walt shrugged. "He's still with her...for better or for worse."

Fabian: "Father and Jacinta are together as well...although I don't really think they have that mindset." Fabian looked at the phone on the desk and then looked to Walt. "The phone, I brought it, right?"

Walt: Walt shrugged. "I didn't, so you must have."

Fabian: Fabian picked up the phone and went to the window again, opening it up and chucking it out as hard as he could."If he wants me so bad he can ask Jacinta what my cellphone number is again. I hope he chokes on the in-flight peanuts."

Fabian: "So…mind helping me clean out the bugs?"

Walt: "Yeah…I'll help."
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Re: 6/24 Instance: Long Forgotten Sons

Post by steyn »

D'awww, nothing like an abusive parent to bring people together
PanicSwitch
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Re: 6/24 Instance: Long Forgotten Sons

Post by PanicSwitch »

You ain't seen nothing yet :shifty. There is no end to Esteban's douchebaggery.
Magneto: "That was really Xorn's twin brother possessed by the sentient mould, Sublime, pretending to be me, pretending to be Xorn."
Beast: "That defies all logic."
Magneto: "Ohhh like none of you have ever died before!"
-Death Becomes Them, Floating Hands Studios

The Thing: "Didn't they come up with a cure for your kind?"
Wolverine: "You gotta problem with mutants?"
The Thing: "I meant Canadians."
-Astonishing X-Men #7