6/26 Instance: Don't Worry About a Thing

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

6/26 Instance: Don't Worry About a Thing

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

timeline: current

Julian: Making another appearance in the Club wasn't exactly how he'd planned to spend his evening. It wasn't how he planned to spend any of his evenings, really, but he still got dressed up and wandered around, forcing small talk with people he really had no interest in having a conversation with, however it was what was expected of him.

Julian: Managing to escape any more awkward conversation, he'd settled at a table with a coke and heaved a sigh, uncomfortably tugging at the collar of his shirt.

Viper: Viper had been watching her hacked feed of the security footage and, once the boy was settled, vacated the back room she'd been lurking in and made her way to the table - picking up a drink along the way. "Good evening, Julian."

Julian: While Julian had known it would come to this, he still startled slightly, barely managing to avoid knocking his glass over. The sound of her voice made him inwardly cringe, and he felt far more uncomfortable in her presence than the tie strangling him would ever make him feel. With a deep breath, he regained some of his composure and forced out, "Hello."

Viper: "Walk with me, we have some things to discuss and I do not wish to be disturbed this evening." She inclined her head towards the back rooms in indication for him to join her there.

Julian: Scooting back from the table with another sigh, he stood and smoothed out the suit jacket before reaching to take his drink from the table. Trailing after her, he had a feeling he knew what was going to be discussed, and it didn't make him feel any better. He was fairly sure there wasn't any way out of it though, especially not when a chunk of his family's assets were supporting the organization.

Viper: Returning to her favourite of the back rooms, Viper made herself comfortable and continued to watch the security feeds out of the corner of her eye. "So. I believe you have something for me?"

Julian: He simply hovered awkwardly in the middle of the room and took a sip from his glass, nodding as he swallowed. Finding a place to set the glass, he reached into his pocket for the crinkled, folded sheet of paper. Pulling it out, he unfolded it and stared down at the list of names, the names of his peers, peers that were actually nice to him.

Julian: Before he was overcome by the guilt that had been eating away at him, Julian offered her the list, "Just some names."

Viper: Viper took the list and read it over, pleased that some of the names and powers matched her own notes from her observations over the last few weeks. "Do they suspect?"

Julian: Julian was staring at the floor as she looked over his list and shook his head, scoffing, "Of course not." As if anyone would ever suspect him of anything like this, which had been the whole point of it all being on him. The thought made his stomach turn.

Viper: "Good. Do not disappoint me, Julian. I have one more task for you." She folded the list, sliding it into one of her many pockets.

Julian: He bit back an uncharacteristic response to the disappointment, really wanting to point out he wouldn't dream of it. Mostly for fear of what would happen to him though. He also resisted the urge to groan at another task. The ones he'd been given were bad enough. "What is it?"

Viper: "Very soon now, I will make my move. Before that happens I want you to place this somewhere on board their charming little plane where it will not be found." She produced a device from one of her other pockets.

Julian: Finally pulling his gaze from the floor, he gave the device in her hand a skeptical look, confusion overtaking his neutral expression. He reached out to take it and turned it over in his fingers, head tilting, "What does it do?"

Viper: "Don't worry about that." She smiled in what she evidently hoped was a reassuring way but really only succeeded in being predatory. "You just make sure you hide it somewhere for me."

Julian: "But..." Julian started, the smile doing nothing but causing him to trail off into an uncomfortable silence. Looking back to the thing, he found himself sighing again and decided the pocket on the inside of his jacket was likely the best place for something like this, "Anywhere on the jet?"

Viper: "Ideally, near a control panel but if you can't manage that then anywhere near some electrics will do." Viper leaned back in her seat, "I expect you to make sure everything goes to plan."

Julian: He had absolutely no idea where any of that stuff on a jet was, though control panels were fairly self-explanatory. Idly nodding, he reached up to scrub at the back of his neck, "Right... There's one small problem with this plan..."

Viper: She raised an eyebrow, "Problem? I see no problem."

Julian: "Well, I have to have an access code to the hangar, and how am I supposed to make sure those people get on the jet? Why are they even going to be on the jet? And, what is this thing going to do?" Julian rambled.

Viper: Viper rolled her eyes, reaching into another pocket and holding out another device, "This will solve your access code problem. Getting the relevant people on the jet is up to you. I will make sure they need to use the jet."

Julian: Taking the second device, Julian peered over this one as well, storing it in the same pocket as the other. This whole job didn't sit well with him, but he wasn't entirely sure questioning his role was a smart move. He grabbed his drink and took a sip, hesitantly asking, "...So, what happens after that?"

Viper: "What happens after what?" Viper glanced at the security feeds again.

Julian: "After you make sure they need to use the jet."

Viper: "Then you make sure the people I want are on board and they come straight to me. If all goes to plan, no one will be hurt. Is that what you want to hear?" she cocked her head on one side, watching him with interest.

Julian: Julian frowned slightly at the question, his gaze dropping to the floor once more as he scuffed the toe of his dress shoes against the floor. His answer came in the form of a shrug. She likely wanted to know what he wanted to hear so she could placate him.

Viper: "Julian, why would I want to ruin an investment before I take advantage of it? Do not worry."

Julian: "It's not you I'm worried about," he muttered under his breath, shifting his weight slightly. Speaking up, he added, "Is that all you wanted, or...?"

Viper: "That is all for now. I will contact you just before I make my move so that you can make sure you get the right people on board." She picked up her drink and toasted him with a smirk before taking a sip.

Julian: With an extremely forced smile, Julian raised his glass, drained it, and promptly turned to leave. Slipping out from the back rooms, he set it on a passing tray and started for the exit. He had studying to focus on, not that it was going to do him much good after the next few days...
TechPrincess
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Little BABY!! Fairy <3
Nightscrawlearth Character: :jean :emma :husk

Re: 6/26 Instance: Don't Worry About a Thing

Post by TechPrincess »

Hide yo kids, hide yo wife, cause she kiddnappin everyone up here.
Paige :husk -------- Emma :emma -------- Hope :jean