6/29 Instance: Triple Treat

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

6/29 Instance: Triple Treat

Post by Starfish »

Timelined for after [Game]The Nose Knows.

<Melati> The longer she kept looking at the hooded figure on the screen, the greater became the number of people she believed could be hiding underneath the disguise. Hitting rewind again, Melati took a moment to rub her eyes, before she ran the security footage one more time.

<Melati> She checked the clock on the wall, counting the hours she had been holed up in that room already. Her hand reached for the almost empty pack of cigarettes.

<Sue> Sue had heard on the proverbial grapevine that there was some security thing going down and so, with food and booze, she trudged to the security office to see who had pulled shift duty. "Oh, hey Mel!" She smiled at the girl from the other side of the now invisible door.

<Melati> Melati almost dropped her lighter as she jumped in her chair. "Geez, Sue, can't you see the booze and smoke is already working hard to kill me? There's no need to scare me to death." Despite her words, an uneven grin found its way on her features. She hadn't realized just how lost she had been in her work.

<Sue> "Sorry!" Sue giggled, opening the door and lifting her field from it, "I was just wondering who was in here... want some noms?" She held up her bubble of food. "Or just some company? I also brought booze...."

<Melati> Arching an eyebrow, Melati pushed herself up in the chair and smiled at the other girl. "Would you call me greedy if I asked for all three?" Her eyes lit up at the sight of the treats Sue had brought along.

<Sue> "Never!" She flopped down into an empty seat and shoved the door closed with another forcefield as she set her things down. "I was hoping that would be your response."

<Melati> "Hey, you know me. I take what I can get." Melati chuckled and rolled her chair closer to the table. "So, you just came by ops loaded with goodies by chance, or have you already heard the news?"

<Sue> "Nothing specific... just rumblings about some security thingie..." She offered Mel the bottle first. "Want to fill me in?"

<Melati> "Thanks." Melati took the offered bottle, then paused for a brief moment before she went on, her eyes lingering on the other girl as a dark thought crept into her mind. No, if Sue were to go anywhere she was not supposed to be, she'd never be caught on camera, or even seen. "Sure."

<Melati> "Kevin spotted something suspicious on one of the security recordings," she continued, gesturing at the paused footage displayed behind her. "Looks like someone messed around in the records room. They were clever enough to hide their face, but you can't get in there without appearing on at least one camera."

<Sue> "Huh... that's... what the fuck? As if we don't have enough shit to worry about..." She took the bottle back for a swig.

<Melati> "Oh, it gets even better." Melati put on an awkward smile, slowly spinning her chair from side to side. "Whoever that is, they used my code to bypass security and get into the room."

<Sue> Sue stared at her for a long moment then wordlessly offered the bottle back.

<Melati> Melati gladly accepted the bottle, taking a deep breath, before letting the air flow from her lungs with a sigh. "You know, that's the point where you may go ahead and laugh at me," she said, her shoulders sagging as she raised the bottle to her mouth for a deep swallow.

<Sue> Sue frowned a little, "Laugh at you? Why would I laugh? That totally sucks... also I want to ram a forcefield somewhere uncomfortable on whoever that asshole is... but definitely don't want to laugh at you."

<Melati> Feeling the alcohol burn its way down her throat, Melati silently looked at Sue for a moment. "Because I feel like a joke, and that's what you do with jokes." She took another swig before putting the bottle back down. "Thank you." A small smile played across her lips.

<Sue> "You're welcome." Sue returned the smile then leaned to give Mel what she considered a much needed hug. "You're not a joke, Melati." She kissed her cheek, "You've just forgotten you're a badass."

<Melati> Even though she wasn't the hugging type, Melati welcomed Sue's touch, and even leaned into the embrace. "It's easy to forget when you just can't seem to win," she said, her voice muffled by the other girl's shirt. "Oh god, listen to me, I already sound like a loser."

<Sue> "Oh hey, everyone's allowed to have a little bit of wallowing time. I promise not to tell." She gave her a squeeze, "So how about... we try to drown your sorrows in booze and if that doesn't work we'll just pickle them for study at a later date? You know... for science? Or something?"

<Melati> "Now that's the kind of scientific method I can get behind." Melati leaned back so she could give Sue a smile, which came much more easily already. She looked over her shoulder at the screens of the security systems. "Staring at this stuff any longer won't lead to anything but another headache, anyway."

<Sue> "I prefer to get all my headaches in hangover form, then at least I know they were well earned." Sue nodded sagely. "Wanna blow this joint and go find somewhere less boring to get wasted in?"

<Melati> "I thought you'd never drag me out of this bore!" Melati laughed, turning around to switch off the unneeded electronics and leave the system on automatic. "Better not my room, though. If we waltz in there like this, we'll have to peel my roommate off the top of the closet. She's... tricky."

<Sue> "Gotcha... I have two roomies that are both... hyper as fuck." She gathered up her goodies, "Locker room party? No one goes in there at this time of day."

<Melati> "Good idea," Melati commented, helping Sue to carry their treats. "You know what also speaks for the place aside of the privacy? The hot tub is just around the corner." She smirked at the blonde girl.

<Sue> Sue paused, then grinned, "And, darn it, wouldn't you know I forgot my cossie in my room? I'll just have to go without."

<Melati> "What can I say? I didn't plan to end the day with a hot bath, either." As Melati turned to accompany Sue out of the room, the tip of her tail curled around the other girl's ankle. "Good thing we're going to be all on our own."
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Re: 6/29 Instance: Triple Treat

Post by steyn »

d'awww, nice to see someone cheering mel a little up
TechPrincess
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Little BABY!! Fairy <3
Nightscrawlearth Character: :jean :emma :husk

Re: 6/29 Instance: Triple Treat

Post by TechPrincess »

If we waltz in there like this, we'll have to peel my roommate off the top of the closet. She's... tricky."

THIS! lol! Anyway, was cute guys.
Paige :husk -------- Emma :emma -------- Hope :jean