6/30 Instance: The Unforgiven

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

6/30 Instance: The Unforgiven

Post by Starfish »

Timeline: A day or two after the instance "Lending A Hand".

Melati: As recent events had soured the Danger Room for her, Melati had opted to work out her frustrations in the school's gym instead. The reinforced punching bag budged under the impact of her strikes, the chain it was suspended from creaking ominously.

Melati: The reptilian mutant huffed, a fine sheen of sweat making her green scales glisten. She put all her weight into the next punch, uttering a muffled curse as she jumped back and shook her left hand. The wrist still hurt under pressure. She wasn't used to having to deal that long with any injury any more.

Mayday: Entering the gym, Mayday paused, glancing to one side and deciding to sit down and wait for Melati to finish emptying what frustration she had in her (if, indeed, there was an end to it - or even a pause) before she spoke.

Mayday: Hands gently gripping the small box in her hands, she looked down at it, smiling a little at the green and white before looking up to watch the other girl.

Melati: Another punch tried the strength of the metal sockets attached to the floor and ceiling, Melati's angered cry still rising above the sound of the impact. She hissed and turned away from the punching back, holding her left wrist as she was flexing her fingers.

Melati: "You looking for me, or did you come to train?" she asked, acknowledging that she had registered the other girl's presence without having to look her way. "You can have your turn at the bag, if you want. Looks like it's done with me for the moment."

Mayday: "O-oh, no. No, I was looking for you.", Mayday offered a little smile as she stood up, "I was just patrolin' and I ah....I got you something.", she approached, raising the box, "It's doughnuts, not...not much of a surprise I guess, but...Krispy Kreme, right?", she grinned.

Melati: The random act of kindness caught her by surprise, and brought a smile to Melati's face. "Are you serious?" she asked, grabbing her towel before stepping over to the redheaded girl. "They're awesome! That's the nicest thing anyone has done for me today." She wiped the sweat off her face. "Seriously, I could kiss you right now."

Mayday: Mayday laughed, offering the box to her, "I aim to please. You've been....well, things have been hard, so I figured a pick-me-up would be good.", she beamed, "So, there you go, Captain!"

Melati: "You're a sweetheart, Mayday Parker. I hope people tell you that every day, because they should." Melati chuckled and took the offered box, instantly prying it open to reveal the juicy, sugary treats hidden inside. After snatching one of the doughnuts for herself, she promptly offered the other girl to help herself, as well.

Melati: "Now I feel bad for having made you carry my drunk ass up the stairs the other night," she told her, adding an awkward shrug. "And, you know, the whole groping thing."

Mayday: With a shrug, Mayday shook her head, declining the offer of confection, "It's fine, really. We all have our down days...I'm just glad you didn't go any further. I-I just mean that it's not what you need right now..."

Melati: "I hope you're talking about starting something with taken girls, hot as they may be, and not comfort sex in general," Melati replied, a smirk playing across the corner of her mouth. "Because in that case, we might just have to agree to disagree." She stuffed the creamy goodie into her mouth and took a good-sized bite out of it.

Melati: "Don't worry, though, you'll be save from any further advances. Fortunately, Sue proved to be really helpful." She gave Mayday a wink, before devouring the rest of the doughnut.

Mayday: Mayday paused, taking a few seconds to digest the information before swallowing nervously, "You...y-you slept with Sue? You....slept with my ex...."

Melati: "Yeah." Melati frowned, somewhat surprised by her friend's reaction. "She's not in any relationship, is she?" She paused for a moment, studying Mayday's expression. "That's not a problem for you, is it? I mean, you two haven't been together for... how long exactly?"

Mayday: "W-well, yeah! I know.", Mayday nodded, still feeling - and looking - somewhat dejected, "I-it's just...you know, that's my ex. It kinda...I dunno, I mean, she ignored me for months, shut everyone out after Johnny went missing, left me bleeding out after being attacked by a ninja..."

Mayday: Her brow furrowed as her shoulders fell, "I-I mean...Mel, you're my friend. How come you'd do that? I was in love with her and she broke my heart, and then....you just hopped into bed with her?"

Melati: Now it was Melati's turn to take a few seconds to try and wrap her mind around what was going on around her. "Wait, you're actually upset?" she asked, not even having to act confused. At what point had she stumbled from a happy place into some scary teenage drama land?

Melati: "I mean, I know you two didn't exactly split on friendly terms, but I had no idea that still bothers you." She gave Mayday a puzzled look. "I thought you were happy with Janet now? Besides, it was just sex, okay? It's not like I proposed to her or anything."

Mayday: "I-I know, but....", Mayday ran a hand through her hair, sighing as she did so, "...I dunno, it just kinda hurts. I don't know why, but...well, she was my first love. And you're one of my closest friends, so for me it's kinda...weird."

Melati: Melati tilted her head and reached up to scratch the side of her scalp. "Well, if you put it that way, I kinda get what you mean," she said, squinting a little as she looked at Mayday. "Even though I think you shouldn't let that get to you. You know I didn't do this to mess with you, right?"

Melati: "Besides, first love or not, Janet is your girl now." She shrugged. "Why waste any more feelings on what's over and done when you've got something real here and now?"

Mayday: "Well, yeah, I know that...", Mayday sighed, "Just....forget about it.", she turned away, "I need to get going anyway. Enjoy the ah....enjoy the doughnuts."

Melati: Melati took a deep breath and let out a sigh, rolling her head from side to to side. Hell knew she didn't need yet another issue on her mind, but Mayday was her friend. "Mayday, wait," she said, her shoulders dropping in resignation. "I'm sorry, okay? I didn't mean to upset you. All I wanted was... someone to spend some time with, okay?"

Mayday: Mayday glanced back, shaking her head, "Then...whatever. You know you best, why would my opinion matter?", she 'reasoned', still looking downcast as she turned again. "....just wish you'd have picked someone else. If anyone..."

Melati: "Come on, you're not even giving me a chance here!" Melati's voice betrayed her rising levels of frustration. "I... really don't need you to give me a hard time right now," she added, sounding almost pleading. "Not with anything else that's going on at the moment."

Mayday: "Look, I am not like you and Sue, ok?", Mayday turned around, stopping and throwing her arms open, "I can't just click it on and off, alright? You slept with my ex, Mel. What the hell? You want me to 'give you a chance'? I'm doing so, I'm leaving you alone."

Mayday: She let her hands fall, "I'm leavin' you alone because I feel like someone just injected my heart with cement, and I don't know why. You made the choice, alright? You didn't think - as always - and now you want me to just....pretend I feel ok so you have less to feel bad about?"

Mayday: With a deep breath, Mayday closed her eyes, "Next time, maybe think it through before you fuck my ex.", she managed, turning to leave once again.

Melati: Her jaw clenched, Melati visibly tensed to the point where she was actually trembling. Something tightened inside her chest, making her feel physically ill. Maybe she should have just kept her mouth shut and let Mayday wander off, give her some time to calm down perhaps, but her stupid emotions demanded otherwise.

Melati: "Fine, are you feeling good about yourself now!?" She almost shouted, spreading her arms apart. "I fucking apologized, and all you can do is give me that guilt trip? I know I fucked up, okay, you don't have to rub it in. You know what? I don't need this shit! What I need is a friend!"

Melati: "In case you missed it, I'm up the neck in all kinds of crap here, and I have no idea how I'm supposed to deal with it all. But that's all nothing compared to Miss Self-Righteous having her feelings up in bunch because she can't get over a girl she broke up with long ago. Yeah, that what I'm supposed to be upset about here!"

Mayday: Mayday froze in place, looking over her shoulder, "Are you serious? D-do you actually believe that justifies it?", she huffed, shaking her head, "A-and you didn't 'know you'd fucked up' until I fucking told you you did! Doing something wrong is just wrong, ok? Stress or not!"

Mayday: She raised a hand, "I didn't say I didn't understand, Mel, but this? This....", gesturing with her hand, she shrugged, "...whatever the hell you're doing? This is just next-level messed up. You need therapy, not a fuck-buddy. A friend, not a free lay."

Mayday: With a sacrastic smile, she turned, "But apparently you don't know the difference.", her hand flicked her red hair, "D-did ya forget I have RED hair(?) Or did you just think 'eeh, I'll go for what I can go for'(?)"

Melati: "You have no idea what I want." Melati stressed every word she spoke. The box of doughnuts was crumbled between her claws as she clenched her fingers. "You have no idea what I think, or what is important to me." She raised her free hand to point at the other girl. "Don't tell me you'd understand, because then you'd know how laughable you're sounding right now."

Melati: "You think I care for this fucking soap drama?" She spread her arms again, looking around the room demonstratively. "You think that bullshit matters one bit to me? All I care for is doing everything I can do keep you all safe, and enjoy what little pleasure I can find in between. If that means you're going to be pissed at me, be thankful I charge such a low price."

Mayday: "I don't think you care about anyone but yourself.", Mayday responded, not missing a beat, "I seriously don't. I don't even think you care about you, actually.", she clapped her hands together, "So, I guess that apology doesn't mean anything either, right? Proving you weren't actually sorry. Thanks, bro(!)"

Mayday: With a little bow, Mayday threw her a sarcy salute, "If that's all, I was trying to avoid this..."

Melati: Melati huffed, fixing Mayday with a piercing glare, before she shook her head. "Believe whatever you want," she said, her shoulders sagging as she dropped her head. "I'm done justifying myself, or standing trial for something so pointless." The reptilian female turned away, facing the ring again. "Just go and feel smug about yourself now."

Mayday: "I don't feel good about it, you fucking idiot!", Mayday snapped, "You just WANT someone to step all over you, it's like you THRIVE on it!"

Melati: "And you just seem all too happy to comply," Melati snapped back, her free hand forming a fist as she turned her head to look back over her shoulder. "What do you want from me, eh? If you want me ask for forgiveness, you can have that, but I won't beg for it."

Mayday: Mayday huffed out another breath, "Well, what if I'm not ready to give it yet? Besides, you didn't even want it ten seconds ago!", she let out a frustrated sigh, "I swear, you're out of your mind...."

Melati: "I wasn't done with my exercise yet," Melati remarked through clenched teeth, her voice cold, but the bottled up emotions boiling underneath. "So if that's all you wanted... thank you for the doughnuts." She bit her lower lip, soon tasting blood inside her mouth.

Mayday: "What. Ev'.", Mayday turned to leave again, at a faster pace this time. God forbid she snapped and ended up a bigger hypocrite.

Melati: Melati waited until Mayday's footsteps faded in the distance, her chest heaving the whole time. Perhaps her friend was right, and she was out of her mind. It wouldn't even surprise her at this point. But hell, she deserved to be! And if her best friend couldn't see that, she had no right to judge her.

Melati: Her pent up frustration freed itself trough an unrestrained yell, as she raised her arm to toss the white and green box to the ground, its contents splattering across the floor. She closed the distance to the punching bag with determined steps, instantly starting to hammer away at unliving object.

Melati: Once her fists felt sore enough and the punching wouldn't help anymore, an angry swipe with her claws had to do the rest of the work. As the contents of the bag started spilling from the deep gashes, so did the tears start flowing from Melati's eyes.
TechPrincess
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Little BABY!! Fairy <3
Nightscrawlearth Character: :jean :emma :husk

Re: 6/30 Instance: The Unforgiven

Post by TechPrincess »

Wow.

Paige :husk -------- Emma :emma -------- Hope :jean