7/3 Instance: Hi, Ho, Silver!

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

7/3 Instance: Hi, Ho, Silver!

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

Timeline: After "Bring Back the Music"

<Sophie> A familiar feeling of emotions washed over Sophie as she finished saddling up Stardust at the stables for a ride. While she could never put a title on them, one would have guessed excitement and joy. She pulled a sugar cube out of her pocket and slipped it to the horse's muzzle for him to devour in seconds. She laughed as he tossed his head happily at the treat.

<@DrSummers> Scott watched her. She seemed almost normal here, with her horse. He turned back to his own horse. Well, one he was borrowing from Xavier for the ride. "You about ready to go?" He checked the stirrup height and gave the strap a tug.

<Sophie> "I am ready," she told her doctor and professor, mounting up onto the horse and adjusting herself once she was in the saddle.

<@DrSummers> Scott did the same and led her out to the trail head. "This route isn't very long, but it'll give the horses something to see other than the stables and the paddock."

<Sophie> "That's all we ever see. Arenas and stables. Sometimes Stardust gets to go out to the field." Sophie kept up with him, Stardust eager for the change of pace.

<@DrSummers> "She's a show horse?" Scott hadn't known that. "She's very pretty."

<Sophie> "We went to the Olympics. I compete in show jumping, dressage, and cross country. But I didn't use Stardust for cross country. I think he would be good though. We like to jump."

<@DrSummers> Scott nodded. "We look after some of those horses back home on the ranch." He squirmed in the saddle until he was comfortable. It had apparently been too long since he last rode. "Did you win any medals?"

<Sophie> "We won the silver medal at the Olympics. We won lots of other things at lower levels too." She adjusted just a bit as well.

<@DrSummers> "Congratulations," Scott turned to look at her. "Do you still compete?"

<Sophie> "I could... I was adjusting to school. They thought I should wait to add that in again." She kept the pace up with him, not really paying attention to the countryside around them.

<@DrSummers> "Ah, and how is that adjustment going? I know it is a bit crazy around here." Scott scanned the surrounding scrub brush. There were more trees here, as this path wound through the woods. "I hope you brought a warm enough jacket. It gets colder inside the trees."

<Sophie> Sophie eyed her jacket. "It will be tested," she determined. "I like it here. I have two friends. At home I had two friends, but one was my twin."

<@DrSummers> "Oh? I think family can be friends, too. I have a big brother, but he's a good friend as well as my brother. It's nice to have more friends, right?"

<Sophie> "Kevin is a good friend. We play music together when he isn't in the operation room looking for people with guns."

<@DrSummers> "That's nice of him," Scott said. He was beginning to remember how riding went, and he relaxed. He should go riding more often. He could deal with inane chatter from her, if she would go with him. It was better to have a buddy system, just in case. He didn't want to end up like old Jerry. Jerry limped badly now, as his horse had spooked and crushed his leg hours away from help.

<Sophie> "He is getting better at playing. I teach him." Sophie leaned over just a bit to check her boot, then sat back up to watch ahead of her. "We like country music."

<@DrSummers> "Me too. Though I gave up on playing it ages ago."

<Sophie> "We both play guitar so we can play most songs and they sound the way they do on the radio... almost."

<@DrSummers> "That's impressive." Scott lifted a low-hanging branch out of his way.

<Sophie> "I like singing, but the guitar is better." Sophie ducked under the branch.

<@DrSummers> "Prefer to sing," Scott said, not really paying attention. It was really quite nice here.

<Sophie> The branch shifting stirred up some rabbits that quickly scampered across the trail. Stardust let out a high pitched sound of surprise, spooking and shying away from the rabbits. Sophie shrieked and tried to hold on as he jumped and bounced.

<@DrSummers> "Sophie!" Scott turned his horse around, but he shied away, frightened of the other horse's panic. "Damnit. Easy, just relax."

<Sophie> Sophie let go of the mane to try and readjust her hold at the worst possible moment. Stardust reared up on his back legs, sending her falling off the back and landing with a thud on the ground. Riderless and even more startled, Stardust bolted.

<@DrSummers> Scott let the horse go, after all, it was a closed trail, he wouldn't get far. He fairly leapt off his own horse and went over to Sophie. "Christ. Sophie. Can you hear me?" No response. Scott checked her over, finding a rising lump on the back of her head. "Well, that was the shortest ride I've ever had." He made sure her neck wasn't broken and carefully lifted her up onto his horse. He swung himself up and started as fast as he felt it safe to go back to the school, holding Sophie's limp body close.
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Re: 7/3 Instance: Hi, Ho, Silver!

Post by Slarti »

Ooooopsiedoodle!
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

See, this is why we need more feral mutants, to keep the rabbit population down.

wait..

um...

nevermind...
TechPrincess
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Little BABY!! Fairy <3
Nightscrawlearth Character: :jean :emma :husk

Post by TechPrincess »

Poor Jack :(
Paige :husk -------- Emma :emma -------- Hope :jean
PanicSwitch
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by PanicSwitch »

I'm doing my part :) [insert Sasquatch icon here]
Magneto: "That was really Xorn's twin brother possessed by the sentient mould, Sublime, pretending to be me, pretending to be Xorn."
Beast: "That defies all logic."
Magneto: "Ohhh like none of you have ever died before!"
-Death Becomes Them, Floating Hands Studios

The Thing: "Didn't they come up with a cure for your kind?"
Wolverine: "You gotta problem with mutants?"
The Thing: "I meant Canadians."
-Astonishing X-Men #7