7/5 Instance: This Calls For Cocktails

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

7/5 Instance: This Calls For Cocktails

Post by Ferguson »

Current Timeline

<Bruce> Bruce sighed, looking around the battleground suspended all around him. He roamed through it, literally able to push sprays of dirt aside as he made his way through the still environment, able to watch the faces of all his team and classmates as well as inspect the area in vivid real-time detail.

<Bruce> The incidence in question was the terrorist attack on the SHIELD base weeks ago. In his hand, an iPad displaying notes he'd taken based on the attack on the presidential rally the weekend before. He was looking for consistencies of tactics, munitions, perhaps familiar faces.

<Bruce> So far - to his dismay, made audible as a sigh - nothing.

<Alison> Alison stepped in, thinking now was the time she had slotted for training...but once she was in and seeing the frozen battle going on around her she realize she probably really should look at the schedule. "Oh! Sorry. I forgot I was down for 3:30 today I guess, I'm a bit too early."

<Alison> "Should I just leave you to you...what are you doing?" Alison asked, now looking towards Bruce a bit confused as she tried to figure out what a motionless fight would teach a person.

<Bruce> "Yeah." Bruce nodded, not taking note of who it was - though if the accent was any indication it was one of the several people on his list of 'people I do not wish to speak to'. He looked over his shoulder, confirming his fears with another sigh;

<Bruce> "Can y' please leave?" he breathed, turning back to his notes.

<Alison> Alison frowned a bit at that. Apparently Bruce could learn all he wanted about whatever he pleased but he didn't manage learning manners when he was a kid. "Right then, nevermind, I'll leave you to your...thing."

<Bruce> Frowning, Bruce sighed once more, "Wait! Wait, wait, wait...." he turned around, "...'m really sorry, Al'...jes' got a lot on me mind, like..."

<Alison> That brought out a smile. "Don't worry about it! I imagine all of us does right now, don't we?"

<Bruce> Bruce shrugged in a quick movement, "Do we?"

<Alison> "Um...yeah?" Alison couldn't help but sound a little confused that this would even be questioned right now.

<Bruce> "I mean tha' y' seem ta' be yer usual cheerful self..." Bruce deadpanned, "Not tha' ye dinnae think the whole....whatever the bloody hell, wasn' hard."

<Alison> "I don't brood much, that doesn't mean things aren't on my mind." Alison shrugged. "Just because things aren't the best doesn't mean I have to let it change how I act I guess."

<Bruce> "Aye, a' get ye'." Bruce nodded, turning back to his study of the scene, grimacing a little at the sight of his peers, frozen in their anger, panic and fear, "Not picked the mos' glamorous thing t' spend me time on, like..."

<Alison> "So...what are you doing?" Alison asked, stepping up to one of the soon to be exploded people. "Finding things?"

<Bruce> Bruce shook his head, "Nah. A' mean, am tryin' te, jes' not pullin' anythin' up." he confessed, "Canny stressful; a' was tryin' t' find out if these 'Hydra' lads were our lot from the weekend thing."

<Alison> "Don't some people at the school know some of the people from this weekend? I heard people using names anyway."

<Bruce> Nodding, Bruce scratched his head, "Aye, they said 'Acolytes'; thing tha' Fabian was involved in, an' apparently that Lukas lass." he frowned - Lukas was a sily name for a girl, but never mind.

<Bruce> "Anyway..." he went on, "My thinkin' was tha' these things seem too close t'gether ta' be random, dinna ye think?" he raised his off hand, listing off things on his fingers, "SHEILD gets attacked, random giant bugs, presidential assassination..."

<Alison> "Is there anything to know about Hydra, though?" Alison asked, completely clueless other than what had been seen so far.

<Bruce> Bruce shrugged once more, "I don' know tha' either. Nothin' on MOs, members...." he let out a long sigh, "A'have been workin' way too hard..."

<Alison> "Maybe we just don't know enough yet then?" She looked back at him, reaching out to poke at the simulation.

<Bruce> "Aye..." Bruce conceded, shaking his head, "...oft, ah've really not had a great couple weeks..."

<Alison> "I'd be worried if you said you had." Alison admitted but offered him a smile. "It'll get better. I mean, things may get worse but they generally always get better, right?"

<Bruce> "...not really how it works here, ah've seen." he laughed dryly, "...piss t' this though." he looked up, "Danger: save an' quit."

<Alison> "I don't see that everything's miserable here." Alison shrugged though. Sometimes people got too wrapped up in what was miserable so there wasn't any reason to try and have them see any differently.

<Bruce> The environment around them glowed and flickered a bright blue as the room returned to its clear, chrome-surfaced normality.

<Bruce> Bruce sat down on the ground once it had reverted, head in his hands as he rubbed his eyes, "Ahm' jes' tired....it's always got somethin; goin' on, this place."

<Alison> "You've not been here longer than me, have you?" Alison reached out and gave him a gentle poke. "You want to talk about it?"

<Bruce> "A' think ye' only turned up abou' a week in t' me bein' here." Bruce's brow furrowed slightly, "Only joined this semester m'self, a'have jus' got a lot goin' on right now. Upset someone dear to is..."

<Alison> "Yeah, I just got here this semester as well, so who did you upset?"

<Bruce> "Laura." he replied, "Laura Kinney? Th' quiet girl who hangs out with tha' crazy Jap girl straight outta a Manga book."

<Alison> Alison couldn't help but have a giggle at the description. "Well, did you apologize?"

<Bruce> "W-well, na'..." he confessed, scratching his head, "Haven' really had the nerve. Bit of a shit time recently..."

<Alison> "Bit of a bad time to leave annoyances open, too." Alison figured it was silly to wait for a good time to apologize when apologizing could help a bad time.

<Bruce> Bruce nodded, sighing once more, "Aye, an' next time a' see her a' will do. Was thinkin' o' gettin' her a little somethin'." he looked up at Alison, "D'ye' know Laura?"

<Alison> "I know her from seeing her around." Alison nodded, smiling again. "I'd probably seek her out for the apology though, if I were you. What would you get?"

<Bruce> "A' were ganna ask you." Bruce admitted, laughing awkwardly, "...flowers are way too gay, like..."

<Alison> She wrinkled her nose. "Maybe you're better off with just words...well chosen words."

<Bruce> "Aye. Thinkin' tha'." he concurred, standing up and knocking his head with the iPad in his hands lightly, "Man, a' miss gettin' wrecked..."

<Alison> "Haven't been for a while? I figure with everything that's happened there would be a mass outing or something for people to do just that." Alison chuckled just a bit.

<Bruce> Looking her up and down, Bruce smirked, "Ye' na', we could always go out for a few? Get to know each other a wee bit better?"

<Alison> Alison considered this and nodded, hair bouncing along with her. "Sure, we can do that."

<Alison> "I'll warn you though, I can pack it away better than people think now!"

<Bruce> "Oh, aye?" Bruce grinned, "That a challenge, miss? 'Cause bein' half Irish, half Scottish, am off t' a pretty decent start."

<Alison> "We'll just see how it goes then. I'll make sure you're not too hung over so you can go back to the things you were doing here even!"

<Bruce> Bruce scoffed, pointing his tablet at the other girl, "Bring it on, then, man." he laughed, approaching the door, "A' reckon a' can take ye'...an' then some." with a wink, he opened the door, courteously waiting for her to leave first.

<Alison> Alison skipped right out, completely missing what he more than likely meant by that comment. "And when we recover perhaps we can train together? I feel guilty skipping out."

<Bruce> "Ah....ahm not really a 'physical combat' type." Bruce dismissed. A lie. He knew that. But he wasn't ready to do that around anyone who wasn't a tier five healer, "Now, combat logistics? Bes' there is."

<Alison> "I was more talking about just powers training, I'm only beginning really. I don't know everything I can really do. I guess you've all ready figured all of that out for yourself though, haven't you? I don't know the first thing about any combat...unless dance fighting is really a thing somewhere."

<Alison> "I think that'd only be useful in Bollywood movies and West Side Story." She frowned a bit as she considered that scenario. "I'm too blonde for West Side Story."

<Bruce> Bruce nodded, "Photon manipulation, as a' recall from files." he smiled, "Not bad fer' diversions, distractions, coordinatin' large scale missions."

<Alison> "So, where are we going to head to? I know the school has a usual place but I've not been there too much just yet." Was she dressed all right for going out? Well, maybe not her first choice but it would certainly do. It was hard to miss anyway!

<Bruce> "A' know a few places..." Bruce assured her with another wink, "Trus' me, brilliant li'lle cocktail place, indie bar with an' ol' jukebox an' everythin'..."

<Alison> "Lead the way, then!" Alison replied cheerfully, glad that this talk seemed to have cheered him up from what she had walked in on.