7/7 Instance: Walkin' After Midnight

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

7/7 Instance: Walkin' After Midnight

Post by Ferguson »

Timelined the night before A Bus to Catch

Cecilia: Cecilia stirred a little in her sleep, then turned over, flopping an arm over Fabian. "El salmón es como hambruna de la patata ... excepto que no tiene ninguna," she mumbled, lost in a dream involving an odd assortment of dancing fish and talking potatoes.

Cecilia: ((Spanish: Salmon is like potato famine... except you don't have any.))

Fabian: She would have flopped an arm over Fabian except Fabian was notably absent and on his way to the door of the room, fumbling with the door knob as not being awake had it's drawbacks on a quick getaway even if muscle memory was still sharp.

Cecilia: It took a minute for it to register, but once she was aware of Fabian's disappearance from her side Cecilia's eyes fluttered open. "¿Qué demonios - … Fabian?" she muttered, sitting up and taking in his current struggle with the doorknob with no small amount of confusion. "¿Qué pasa?"

Cecilia: ((What the hell-? What's wrong?))

Fabian: Fabian didn't seem to hear her at all as he opened the door and stepped out into the hallway and on towards the stairs. Luckily (or unluckily depending on your stance) he did have the good grace to fall asleep with pants on for such occasions as this.

Cecilia: "Hey! I'm talking to you!" Cecilia said churlishly...but Fabian was already out the door. "Dammit." Sighing, she crawled out of the warm toasty blankets and padded after him. Where the hell did he think he was going? The bathroom was right there - it wasn't like him to sneak off in the middle of the night...or at least it wasn't like him since he'd started seeing her. She couldn't account for what he was like with other people.

Fabian: There was no response as Fabian picked his way down the stairs and seemed to just...meander. He wasn't in a hurry to get anywhere at all it seemed and there were more than a few close calls for him running into door frames or bits of furniture. Eventually, though, he seemed to be heading for the kitchen.

Cecilia: What the ever-loving fuck -….oh. Ohhhhh!

Cecilia: Cecilia clamped her hands over her mouth to suppress her laughter as she followed some distance away. He was sleepwalking again! Oh, now this could be interesting...if he managed to get down the stairs without breaking his neck. Worried now that she'd had that terrible thought she trotted to catch with up him.

Fabian: He was easily found just from all the thumpings he had made more than likely. It was hard to get around a kitchen asleep but at least he wasn't using anything sharp or hot. Instead he was simply standing in front of the fridge rummaging through with a concerned look on his face.

Cecilia: Fabian was surprisingly nimble for someone who was still fast asleep, he'd made his way downstairs without any trouble and by the time she'd caught up to him he was already rooting around in the fridge. She sat down on one of the bar stools, smiling a little to herself. "Does any of this seem familiar to you?" she whispered to his back. "We met here almost a year ago while you were stressed out and doing the same thing."

Fabian: The question earned a mumble from him as, for a moment, it seemed he was trying to uncork a cucumber instead of the wine he had in his dream. The concern was lost and confusion took over as one could not uncork a cucumber.

Cecilia: Cecilia was having trouble controlling her laughter as Fabian keep trying - and failing - to strangle a cucumber....or was he petting it? She had no idea. "I've heard of tossing your salad but this is just ridiculous," she teased from her spot by the bar.

Fabian: Abandoning his cucumber, Fabian happened onto something that was at least a bottle this time. Sadly, it was a bottle of vegetable oil and this was something he could, and did, open. It was also something he could, and did, drink.

Fabian: "...Oh God that was disgusting." He didn't dare open his eyes even though that had managed to wake him up some.

Cecilia: "Don't-!" Cecilia said, motioning helplessly as Fabian went ahead and drank the vegetable oil anyways. She snorted at his statement. "Hahaha! Well, I'd think so - oil's for cooking, not drinking!"

Cecilia: She got up from the bar and made her way over to the fridge. "What're you looking for?" she asked, figuring he might be able to tell her since he seemed to be waking up a little.

Fabian: He chanced opening an eye. "Wine, I was looking for wine...I don't think I thought I was here." He added the last part more than a bit sheepishly. "How long was I at it...and what will best cut the taste in my mouth?"

Cecilia: "Where did you think you were?" Cecilia said, giving him the hairy eyeball as she opened the fridge and pulled out some grape juice since there was no wine in the fridge. "Not long. Maybe ten or fifteen minutes? Don't worry, I had your back - literally. Here-" she handed him the juice "-try this."

Fabian: "Home heading for the wine cellar...but I guess I knew enough to get around like I was here. I just make no sense." He grabbed the juice gratefully and chugged it right down. "That was...that was probably the second or third most disgusting thing I've attempted to eat or drink while sleeping."

Cecilia: "No, you don't," Cecilia agreed, chuckling a little. "Second or third? Do I even want to know what the worse ones were?"

Fabian: "I wandered out to the beach and ate sand...I have no explanation for that one. We shouldn't discuss the time I sleepwalked while on vacation because I'm not even sure what that was but the local who was watching me thought it was the funniest thing he had ever seen."

Cecilia: "Ugh! That's so disgusting I don't even- " Cecilia flailed for a moment. "-do you know how much fecal matter is in sand?! Christ, you'd have been better off licking the toilet seat!"

Cecilia: After she'd calmed down a bit though she frowned. "Fab, you can't dangle that in front of me and then just expect me to leave it alone. That's like waving a steak in front of a hungry dog," she griped.

Fabian: "You just reminded me of shit-sand! You can deal!" Fabian flailed and pulled a face. "I think it was some kind of larva. It was in a cup though."

Cecilia: "OH MY GOD!" Cecilia actually screamed this, completely forgetting that it was the middle of the night in the face of this horror. "Where was this?! When was this? You could've contracted a parasite! Those are fucking awful - trust me - I had a tapeworm when I lived in Puerto Rico…and shit...I probably shouldn't've told you that."

Fabian: "It was food, I swear. I just don't remember what kind it was...and I regret you telling me that as well but we should cherish each other's over-share…just not when I feel like my mouth is lubed up for something terrible." Oil and grapes were not a great mixture. "It was Vietnam and I'm pretty sure if I had anything serious I'd've keeled over by now."

Cecilia: "Our relationship grows every time we share a disgusting experience together," she deadpanned. "Can I have some of that?" She gestured towards the bottle. "I have an awful taste in my mouth just thinking about this."

Fabian: Nodding, Fabian held out the juice. "So have I been doing this often again? You've full permission to leash me to the bed somehow."

Cecilia: Cecilia shook her head. "This is the first time. Took me awhile to realize you were sleepwalking," she admitted, taking a swig of the juice. "I woke up and you were just sorta fumbling with the door." She frowned. "Not leash... some other failsafes might be in order though. Christ knows you don't need to eat or drink something more disgusting." Or fall down the stairs...or something else equally terrible, she thought to herself.

Fabian: "I suppose this means I don't have things near as settled as I thought I did, huh?" He asked, rubbing the back of his neck as he took a seat at the bar.

Cecilia: "Maybe not," Cecilia said, plunking herself down in the seat next to him and nudging the juice over. "It's only been a few weeks though. You can't expect everything to be back to normal right away. That's expecting a little too much, I think."

Cecilia: "…Anything I can do to ease your mind right now?" she asked, leaning an elbow on the counter and resting her cheek on her hand as she studied the Spaniard. "I promised to be your grip so feel free to lay any and all concerns on me."

Fabian: Fabian considered it for a moment and sighed, shaking his head. "No, it's nothing you don't already know, after all, just how I am about things I suppose. I'll live." He offered up a bit of a smirk though, grabbing the juice again and downing most of it.

Fabian: "But we're looking, it's not like my hands are tied as tight as they were with the last time, right?"

Cecilia: Cecilia reached over and began rubbing his back in a way she hoped was soothing. "No," she agreed. "You're not a prisoner who can't necessarily guarantee his own freedom anymore. You have a lot more choices and resources and people on your side." She felt her stomach chill slightly as she thought about the things he'd lived through before they even met. "I wish I'd been here to help."

Fabian: "I more meant what I could and couldn't do for my sister." Fabian teased just a bit but grinned wide, partly to offer Cecilia some cheer. "Things have rather worked out, there's no reason to really dwell on that business anymore, yes?"

Cecilia: "I was talking about both yourself and what you could do for her," she clarified. She smiled a little back before leaning over and resting her head on his shoulder. "Things worked out alright then and they will this time too...when this is all over we'll wonder what the hell we were so worried about, yeah?"

Fabian: Fabian kept his smile although he was sure he would know exactly what he was so worried about even if everything turned out for the better. "Should we head back upstairs then?"

Cecilia: "If you wanna," Cecilia said, her smile growing more mischievous. "I don't know though, Fabi. You seemed in a big hurry to escape back there. Thought I wouldn't notice you leaving, hm?" She poked him gently in the stomach. "Sneaky, sneaky."

Fabian: "Well, if there's something better you'd like to do with our night then I am all ears." Fabian replied, perking up at this whiff of mischief in the air.

Cecilia: Cecilia pondered this. "...How do you feel about the costume closet?"

Fabian: "I feel good things about the costume closet, good things." He finished the last swig of his juice and slid from the stool before offering his arm. "Shall we? I promise not to fall asleep on you now that I'm awake and moving instead of just the latter."

Cecilia: Cecilia took the offered arm, grinning widely. "To the closet!"

Cecilia: ((SHAZAM!))

Fabian: "Cee, show-tunes are hard." Fabian announced, adjusting his boa and plopping down on the closet's floor. "Do you think I can pull off 'Rose's Turn' though? I feel I've got the costume down pat."

Cecilia: "I think so," Cecilia said, plunking down beside him in her 30's gangster outfit, taking off the hat and fluffing her afro a little. "I'd pay a lot of money to see you take it off." She leered in her best imitation of Sebastian Shaw.

Fabian: "The stripper is a different part in that show entirely...but you're right, I should go for the lead!" He threw the boa off and around her. "Do you think I've got what it takes for burlesque?"

Cecilia: "Is she? I've never seen it," Cecilia said. "You should take me to a play sometime...and not one that was as crappy as the thing we were watching before the bug things attacked the subway. I don't even know what that was but it was fucking awful."

Cecilia: She laughed. "You were born for burlesque, nobody pushes the envelope like you do." She wound the boa around her neck. "How about me? You think I can do 'Mack the Knife'?"

Fabian: "Yeah, the stripper is the daughter. Seems a strange thing to make a musical out of but musicals cover a strange amount of topics." He frowned slightly, now thinking about strange musicals but shook his head. "I would put on quite the performance, and so would you with that."

Fabian: "And you just choose what you want to go see...and we'll be avoiding that theatre forever."

Cecilia: "Is there anything you haven't seen?" Cecilia asked, frowning a little. "I don't wanna make you sit through something twice." She grinned. "I think we would... but despite my talent I think my more exotic dances will be restricted to private shows only."

Fabian: "There's plenty I've not seen. I just absorbed a crap ton of stuff from schooling without seeing most of it so you're fine to pick anything. Plus every performance is different." He looked around the room. "There's nothing in here but us sequins."

Cecilia: Cecilia smiled shyly and took his hand. "I don't wanna dance for you right now. I want you to dance with me."

Fabian: "Then get me back on my heels!" He held his arms up, ready to go.

Cecilia: Cecilia stood up and helped him to his feet. "I think the heels on those stilettos are made of adamantium or something," she snorted. "Have a request for the song? Or should I pick?"

Fabian: "Are you calling me fat? I think you're calling me fat. I'll take anything, I'll keep up with you in my awesomely supportive heels!"

Cecilia: "I'm not calling you shit," Cecilia said, flipping through the albums. "I dunno why you get so touchy about your weight. You're pretty wiry, mi amor." She picked out a song and put the CD in the stereo. 'Moon River' began playing.

Fabian: "You know I'm only teasing. You should know by now my appearance is something I will never be self-conscious about." Dancing in heels, however, was still something he was fairly sure he wasn't going to be mastering any time soon.

Cecilia: Cecilia settled herself in place, deciding that even though Fabian was the one in the dress he should still lead 'cause he had less practice with heels and he was still a lot taller than her."~Moon river, wider than a mile, I'm crossing you in style someday...~" She sang along quietly, slipping into the rhythm easily, as she always did.

Fabian: Fabian didn't dare sing along, far too concerned with keeping on his feet and not pulling the both of them over into a rack of petticoats or some such thing. "I'm sorry if I step on you in these."

Cecilia: "Not so easy is it?" Cecilia said, smirking. "Now you know what I have to go through every-time we go to the club. It takes some time to get used to. I practiced...mm, maybe a week before you took me to the club for the first time. Before that I used to just wear flats or the tiny kitten heels."

Fabian: "Well, my natural grace is more meant to be below six foot I think. Perhaps the air is too thin or me or some such thing." Fabian teased, clomping right around.

Fabian: "And practice pays off for you, I'd say, wouldn't you?" He attempted to spin her around and stifle his yawn at the same time.

Cecilia: Cecilia smiled as she was spun around but her smile grew even warmer as she settled back into Fabian's arms. "Do you want to come home with me?" she asked quietly into his collarbone at the yawn.

Fabian: "My, oh my, what kind of a lady am I?" Fabian snorted into hair. "Actually, yes, I am exactly that kind. Unless we're going to make a nest here out of furs."

Cecilia: "I dunno, what kind of man am I?" Cecilia laughed. "I think you're a lovely lady, that's why I want you to stay with me...I think you should take off the heels though before we go. I don't really wanna try our luck on the stairs with those."

Fabian: "I got down the stairs in my sleep." Fabian reminded her but he gladly toed off the shoes. "Jesus, why on earth do they make them so high?"

Cecilia: "I saw...I'm gonna have to make some failsafes so that you don't wander off without me." She shrugged. "Maybe 'cause most women are shorter than the men they're with?"

Fabian: "Yes, but who cares about that anymore when they're getting to the point where they cause vertigo?" No, Fabian was not going to see the beauty in such things. "Are you going to put a bell on me?"

Cecilia: "Hey I'm just as confused as you. I've never worn heel s that high. An inch or two, sure, but nothing that extreme." She shook her head. "Hell no! You're not my cat! I'm just gonna make it harder for you to open the doors and windows."

Fabian: "So I'm to be crated." Fabian teased her. "You're going to have a time of it. People have tried."

Cecilia: "'People,' hm?" Cecilia said, raising an eyebrow. "Anybody I know?"

Fabian: "My family, the staff when I was younger, it was basically a lost cause." Fabian admitted but grinned. "It'll stop, don't worry."

Cecilia: "I'm resourceful," Cecilia said. "Even if it manages to wake me up I'd consider it an accomplishment." She slid her arms around him for a hug. "I don't care if never does. I'll still ghost you and make sure you make it back alright."

Fabian: "You'll watch me as I sleep always, eh? I can ignore the slight layer of creepy and enjoy the sentiment behind it."

Cecilia: "...Yeah, I'm a weird girlfriend."

Fabian: "Which is good because I'm a strange boyfriend and we've a very unconventional relationship."

Cecilia: "I suppose we are a bit of an odd couple," Cecilia admitted. "But it works."

Fabian: "Mmmhmm." Fabian took his boa back and tossed it over his shoulder as he grew accustomed to being back on solid ground, stretching and yawning again.

Cecilia: Cecilia wrapped an arm around his waist and led him back towards the dorms, shutting off the lights as she went, leaving the room in darkness.